Vantage Point 2.0 - Complete Rework

Cheesegeezer

unisoft
2 hours ago, ebr said:

The Fire app does not currently play intros for TV.  Only movies.

The standard app should work though.

Lets hope the devs can sort out the fire stick soon.

In all honesty though, Cinema Intros should be consigned to the dustbin by removing it from the catalogue, as this guy has come along and done a good plugin for BOTH movies and tv. AND I can get the tags to actually work in this plugin. 

unisoft
10 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Nope nothing yet, as I can’t get mine to fail no matter what i do.

maybe try deleting your VantagePoint.xml file and restart the server and try again. Need your help here to do some fault finding yourself. The logs don’t seem right which i explained before.

I’m away tomorrow to go offshore in Netherlands and then onto Germany afterwards so will be a couple of weeks maybe before i can get back to coding. but that depends on whether i have an easy time or working 18hr days

A quick question :)

Now this excellent work is being used by me, were there any plans to take the movie title and put it as the title on the BBFC certs? It's good as it is today, that just the cherry on the cake...

Cheesegeezer
25 minutes ago, unisoft said:

A quick question :)

Now this excellent work is being used by me, were there any plans to take the movie title and put it as the title on the BBFC certs? It's good as it is today, that just the cherry on the cake...

The code is already in to do this. Hahha and i have proved it works, i would just need to do some logic that if its not the last intro to be played(to give time to actually create the video with title) then it will not use the magik

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

crusher11
10 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

maybe try deleting your VantagePoint.xml file and restart the server and try again. Need your help here to do some fault finding yourself. The logs don’t seem right which i explained before.

No change in behavior.

embyserver.txt

unisoft

Got an issue.

So, for TV Episodes, I have an ident BBC-RIBBONS.mp4 which is tagged on various episodes as "BBC-RIBBONS" - and this works fine.

I had two new idents to put in the folder where BBC-RIBBONS.mp4 is held. Permissions all the same. Programme time is over the minimum time set for intros.

Initially, BBC-FIREWORKS-IDENT was the tag and the filename BBC-FIREWORKS-IDENT.mp4. When adding the tag via Emby Server to the episode, EMBY removed the "-" between each of the words (Emby Bug?). So, I used just BBC-FIREWORKS as the tag name and renamed the MP4 file to match. Emby this time, left the "-" in the tag name. The episodes tagged however won't play the file which is completely normal 1920x1080p50 file. I had done a library scan too. The original BBC-RIBBONS still works fine.

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, unisoft said:

Got an issue.

So, for TV Episodes, I have an ident BBC-RIBBONS.mp4 which is tagged on various episodes as "BBC-RIBBONS" - and this works fine.

I had two new idents to put in the folder where BBC-RIBBONS.mp4 is held. Permissions all the same. Programme time is over the minimum time set for intros.

Initially, BBC-FIREWORKS-IDENT was the tag and the filename BBC-FIREWORKS-IDENT.mp4. When adding the tag via Emby Server to the episode, EMBY removed the "-" between each of the words (Emby Bug?). So, I used just BBC-FIREWORKS as the tag name and renamed the MP4 file to match. Emby this time, left the "-" in the tag name. The episodes tagged however won't play the file which is completely normal 1920x1080p50 file. I had done a library scan too. The original BBC-RIBBONS still works fine.

Can i have a debug log, starting with a library scan and then go to play the episode.

cheers

Guest phoenixexcinere

Hey, I wanted to add my intros today, but I have a little problem:
I have a total of 8 intros called "BjörnFlix 1.mp4" to "BjörnFlix 8.mp4". However, when I start a movie, only the intros Björnflix 1 and Björnflix 2 are played. 3-8 are not played, the FSK logo comes directly, which is displayed after the intro.

There are some errors in the log, but they don't tell me anything.
Anyone know advice?

embyserver.txt

unisoft
On 27/08/2022 at 18:36, phoenixexcinere said:

I have a total of 8 intros called "BjörnFlix 1.mp4" to "BjörnFlix 8.mp4". However, when I start a movie, only the intros Björnflix 1 and Björnflix 2 are played. 3-8 are not played, the FSK logo comes directly, which is displayed after the intro.

Anyone know advice?

embyserver.txt 483.21 kB · 1 download

Yes I have the same issue. It's Ok with 4 Intros, I added a further 3 to the folder and it just ignores them and nothing in the log. Permissions same as the ones that do play, same video format, frame rate etc.

I thought it maybe that they had the same filenames except for a number at the end (e.g. BUMPER 1, BUMPER 2, BUMPER 3).

I'd done a full scan twice and even restarted the Emby Server, and even delete the config for Intro/Bumper in Vantage Point and added it back.

Its actually the same issue for MOVIES as I had for TV SHOWS

Edited by unisoft

Nostradamus1973

Good morning everyone,

Any plans to support the betas going forward?

I love this plugin, but, if it's just going to be dead weight(for us beta users) from now on, then, we need to break up. 😔

Just remember, it's me, and not you Vantage Point.....maybe someday our eyes will meet and fall in love again. Until then, take your stuff(plugin)and don't come back until WE are compatible again.

There, I ripped the band-aid off, I deleted my bumpers, intros, and rating's files before I crawl back to Cinema Intros and  try to work-things-out.

Thanks everyone and please refrain from DM'ing me for 24 hours as I am in mourning.

Cheesegeezer
23 minutes ago, Nostradamus1973 said:

Good morning everyone,

yes there is, i have had no time recently to work on anything. But i want to get this working.

@Luke @ebr

if i set the min version of VP to 4.8.0.7 in the plugin admin, then i guess it will not show up in the catalog for that version and they will just see the stable release version.

is that correct?

cheers

4 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

if i set the min version of VP to 4.8.0.7 in the plugin admin, then i guess it will not show up in the catalog for that version and they will just see the stable release version.

is that correct?

Yes.  Any server prior to that version will not see it.

• Thanks 1

sankukace

Hello.
Sorry for my English (google translate). I am French.
First, thank you and great plugin.
I have a problem and I can't find where it comes from.
For 15 days I no longer have an intro displayed. However in the log I have "Debug Vantage Point: Intro Selected = 0 - /volume2/Appz/_Emby-divers/Intro perso/cafeplease3.mp4"

Is my directory name with a _?

I've uninstalled, deleted the config xml, reinstalled.. etc... I can't get it to work again.

Thanks in advance.

Part of my log:

2022-09-14 18:52:50.522 Debug Server: http/1.1 GET http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Users/06c15a5df3a2464791ca281dbb1f69fe/Items/590642/Intros?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=9eb263ae-e675-4712-88ed-3480d5e0f663&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.6.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
2022-09-14 18:52:50.523 Debug Vantage Point: Getting Movie Intros
2022-09-14 18:52:50.523 Debug Vantage Point: Getting Intro Results for Movies
2022-09-14 18:52:50.523 Debug Vantage Point: Folder Found at Index 0
2022-09-14 18:52:50.529 Debug Vantage Point: Total Intros to Play: 1
2022-09-14 18:52:50.529 Debug Vantage Point: Get all Intros Paths took 6 milliseconds
2022-09-14 18:52:50.529 Debug Vantage Point: Intro Selected = 0 - /volume2/Appz/_Emby-divers/Intro perso/cafeplease3.mp4
2022-09-14 18:52:50.529 Debug SqliteItemRepository: GetInternalId from 49fd5a06-1c3e-15d9-43c2-528c069c1e66
2022-09-14 18:52:50.529 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to host9. Time: 7ms. http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Users/06c15a5df3a2464791ca281dbb1f69fe/Items/590642/Intros?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=9eb263ae-e675-4712-88ed-3480d5e0f663&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.6.0
2022-09-14 18:52:50.549 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Items/590642/PlaybackInfo?UserId=06c15a5df3a2464791ca281dbb1f69fe&StartTimeTicks=0&IsPlayback=true&AutoOpenLiveStream=true&MaxStreamingBitrate=7000000&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=9eb263ae-e675-4712-88ed-3480d5e0f663&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.6.0&reqformat=json. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

@Cheesegeezer Where is this at in terms of beta compatibility at the moment?

I haven't run beta for a while, i would need to install it to check compatibility.

crusher11
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I haven't run beta for a while, i would need to install it to check compatibility.

I'm still on 4.8.0.5, which works. You said it was broken in 4.8.0.7, but you were working on a version specifically for betas? I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet? 

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I'm still on 4.8.0.5, which works. You said it was broken in 4.8.0.7, but you were working on a version specifically for betas? I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet? 

I haven't had chance to do any coding in the past few weeks, work/life has really gotten in the way. It's starting to calm down so i managed to get some done on another plugin the other day that was long overdue.

• 5 weeks later...
unisoft
On 21/09/2022 at 10:15, Cheesegeezer said:

I haven't had chance to do any coding in the past few weeks, work/life has really gotten in the way. It's starting to calm down so i managed to get some done on another plugin the other day that was long overdue.

4.7.8 here and its definitely broken for TV.

Despite scanning of libraries, it randomly selects whether it will play the TAG MATCH into on a TV episode even though the meta tag under TAGS is same name as the main filename to play e.g. INTRO1 named tag has a filename called INTRO1.mp4. Permissions the same as movies intros which do work.

Nothing in Logs I could see, no errors etc.

Originally in server version 4.6.7/4.7.6 it did work BUT only if you had one intro file when using TAG MATCH - so if you had a few tags each pointing to a different filename it would not work in that scenario.

• Thanks 1

unisoft

Just a small update. The only app where TV works is the LG App as it's the only app not been updated for months by the Emby team.

Web app got updated by a server update, android app updated every week, Apple TV app updated recently, iOS app updated recently, Emby Theatre app updated regularly.

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, unisoft said:

Just a small update. The only app where TV works is the LG App as it's the only app not been updated for months by the Emby team.

Web app got updated by a server update, android app updated every week, Apple TV app updated recently, iOS app updated recently, Emby Theatre app updated regularly.

I will give this some love today and hopefully get it back to normal 

• Thanks 2

Cheesegeezer
18 minutes ago, unisoft said:

I'm just doing a test here on TV Episodes after a bit of maintenance

Added a Tag Match

image.png.416b11086c7307a8749e930849db769d.png

image.png.53b5618dd02542e9e34a3d48fb3751ed.png

It's correctly identified the Atmos Tag match

image.png.343f6efe7c45e862917d239a2224f19e.png

Everything played correctly

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
On 07/09/2022 at 10:35, Nostradamus1973 said:

Good morning everyone,

I love this plugin, but, if it's just going to be dead weight(for us beta users) from now on, then, we need to break up. 😔

Just remember, it's me, and not you Vantage Point.....maybe someday our eyes will meet and fall in love again. Until then, take your stuff(plugin)and don't come back until WE are compatible again.

There, I ripped the band-aid off, I deleted my bumpers, intros, and rating's files before I crawl back to Cinema Intros and  try to work-things-out.

Thanks everyone and please refrain from DM'ing me for 24 hours as I am in mourning.

Give the above dll a try now.  it should work for you

Cheesegeezer
On 27/08/2022 at 18:36, phoenixexcinere said:

Anyone know advice?

embyserver.txt 483.21 kB · 1 download

Hi there, apologies for missing this.  

i took a look at your log and it's only saying to play 2 intros in total have you selected the number of intros to play from the folder.

image.png.9fc5a82db414a9eca4ce72724fe6312e.png

if you select 1 then is will select a random 1 from the folder.  if you select 3 it will select 3 random intros from the folder if you select 8 it will select 8 random intros from the folder.

If you wish them to play in order, you would need to add a single item for each intro you wanted to play in a specific order.

image.png.52fe302e132efa9e9f26260ffc417a0f.png

unisoft
3 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I'm just doing a test here on TV Episodes after a bit of maintenance

Added a Tag Match

image.png.416b11086c7307a8749e930849db769d.png

image.png.53b5618dd02542e9e34a3d48fb3751ed.png

It's correctly identified the Atmos Tag match

image.png.343f6efe7c45e862917d239a2224f19e.png

Everything played correctly

I tried the new DLL and restarted the Emby Server app.

There was no change.

The screen shot shows what I am trying to use - basically an Emby Tag and the corresponding TAG name has a filename the same but with .mp4 extension.

There should be a number of different tags with different corresponding filenames to work.

e.g.

TAGNAME: BBC1 FILENAME: BBC1.mp4

TAGNAME: BBC2 FILENAME: BBC2.mp4

TAGNAME: ITV-CENTRAL FILENAME: ITV-CENTRAL.mp4

TAGNAME: ITV-ANGLIA FILENAME: ITV-ANGLIA.mp4

TAG MATCH.png

Edited by unisoft

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, unisoft said:

I tried the new DLL and restarted the Emby Server app.

There was no change.

The screen shot shows what I am trying to use - basically an Emby Tag and the corresponding TAG name has a filename the same but with .mp4 extension.

There should be a number of different tags with different corresponding filenames to work.

TAG MATCH.png

Can you share the debug log.  if you just search the log for "Vantage Point:"  then you should come across the logic section that says what's happening and what it's finding.

Cheers

Edited by Cheesegeezer