Vantage Point 2.0 - Complete Rework

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Cheesey Productions brings you 

Vantage Point 2.0

PreRoll Intros for that Cinema Experience

The original VP was both confusing and cumbersome to organise your PreRoll Intros.  Now after a complete rework with both the configuration UI and the backend workers, it's intuitive, easy and the possibilities are endless to create your intros.

The new UI

VP GLOBAL TAB

image.png.a494009dcfe785351ce02d24ab8d4a82.png

VP MOVIES TAB

image.png.947ff81102cde8412702435ffa38df52.png

Click on Add New Intro and then select from the following options

image.png.a276b21655811cae2a8a543f0eceb5cd.png

YOU CAN GIVE YOUR INTROS A FRIENDLY NAME TO HELP YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S DOING

Single Intro - Use this option to select a single video file to play

image.png.bde5da49f752418836ca6b2ac81a6030.png

Multiple Intros - Use this option to select a folder of video files.  Random selection is done during playback

image.png.983dc681f010593de27f0a58c019efd0.png

1. Trailer - Select this to use online trailers or local trailers(trailers inside movie folders)
    1. if local trailers is switched to enabled - online trailers are dismissed
    2. if local trailers is not switched to enabled - online trailers will be played.

image.png.b67232e56acd5b1849eb71178adee585.png

Codec and Tags - Select Video, Audio and/or tags, Embedded Track titles can also be matched - requires a video file with the same name as the codec/tag in a folder

image.png.7a5560a4625f145e5c07ec27ea007da6.png

Certification - This is MPAA, BBFC, FSK, etc ratings.  video file must be the same as emby Rating.  eg  GB-12A.mp4

image.png.de4f34fd25788d6c11c99f947a07b96d.png

Your intros will populate in the list below

image.png.f4ecaf17cfe1485f2cc3aebdca1c3963.png

Click on the Icon to get more options, where you can move the intro around in the sequence

image.png.26da7f837a0a40cf157eb6b92d50b991.png

image.png.b41ef6e88b2e4c1c983a74c920745aa6.png

TV Episodes has now been added

image.thumb.png.b9610b650876eb11f5f0e32105ebacf4.png

Hope you enjoy it.  

V2.1.0.1 RELEASED

1. Adds functionality for TV Shows
  2. Changes "Rated R" rating to just "R"
  3. custom Strings for matching embedded Track Titles is now removed.  If you are using these you will need to delete and create a new intro based on next point #4
  4. Match Embedded Track Title switch has been added.  
  5. Minor Bug Fixes

image.thumb.png.30b31de4d774718283b5ed0fdc7f5361.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Cheesegeezer

Big shout out to @CassTG for creating a lot of Rating movies.  These have been added to my Dropbox Start Content Folder.

If anyone has content they wish to share, please let me know and i will add it to the folder with credit to the author.

Vantage Point Starter Content

image.png.4b161791cf2b036203817306f20a61d4.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, CassTG said:

Lets give this a spin. And thanks for ya hard work as always

i'll add you to the test group Cass 

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

So...still no option to match a track title, by the look of this?

Not yet i have the code there but want to test main functionality before adding to it

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
23 hours ago, crusher11 said:

So...still no option to match a track title, by the look of this?

It's been added under the Codec Intros section, tested and works pretty good.

image.thumb.png.dc29c49d5d8872f17eb4eb18de104482.png

image.png.dff9d5829ced55c739708b4aa70806c6.png

Cheesegeezer
19 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

So...any way for me to try it?

Pretty happy with it now.  You can get it in the catalogue

image.png.ed9f39104b444504e3771422beca546d.png

• Like 1

crusher11

Immediate observations:

No way to edit an intro after you've set it up?

"Enable for already watched movies" - when applying a trailer, it's ambiguous as to whether this means "play the trailer even if the film you're about to watch has already been watched" or "play the trailer even if the film the trailer is for has already been watched". I thought it was the latter until I added a bumper and the same toggle was present.

Still no way to have it play a trailer that is either local or online, at random?

When the "[IntroType] Specific" box pops up after you select an Intro Type in the dropdown, the dropdown blanks out instead of displaying the selected Intro Type.

How do I set up the track title thing? Does it need to be an exact match between track title and file name? It's not really clear.

Cheesegeezer
13 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Immediate observations:

No way to edit an intro after you've set it up?

That's a concious decision and was raised in the test thread.  The work involved for me outways the ease of a user deleting and creating a new one and moving it.

I may add it in the future.

"Enable for already watched movies" - when applying a trailer, it's ambiguous as to whether this means "play the trailer even if the film you're about to watch has already been watched" or "play the trailer even if the film the trailer is for has already been watched". I thought it was the latter until I added a bumper and the same toggle was present.

Quite simple.  if it was for already watched Trailers then the title would be Enable for already Watched Trailers.  Movies is for the movie you are watching.

image.png.6f40db522ef215ffe26b9c78ceec2bee.png

Still no way to have it play a trailer that is either local or online, at random?

Yes there is. in Trailer option.  Select either use local trailer or dont (there are descriptions underneath each options to help you understand the functionality)

When the "[IntroType] Specific" box pops up after you select an Intro Type in the dropdown, the dropdown blanks out instead of displaying the selected Intro Type.

This need to be done, because if you select the same type nothing happens.  My Javascript isn't great, so i have limitations in my coding skills on the UI side.

How do I set up the track title thing? Does it need to be an exact match between track title and file name? It's not really clear.

Yes as stated in the Title of the Input field: MATCH Embedded Track Title.

Can you please go and read thru the first post in this thread as that give the instructions.

Edited by Cheesegeezer

crusher11
3 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Quite simple.  if it was for already watched Trailers then the title would be Enable for already Watched Trailers.  Movies is for the movie you are watching.

That option also exists, but what I mean is not "have already watched this trailer before", but "have already watched the movie this trailer advertises before". ie at first glance I thought it was an option wherein the server would, say, pick the trailer for the first Harry Potter film when I'm about to watch the third Harry Potter film, but then realise I've already watched the first Harry Potter film - regardless of whether or not I've watched its trailer - and thus pick a different trailer.

5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yes there is. in Trailer option.  Select either use local trailer or dont (there are descriptions underneath each options to help you understand the functionality)

Right, but that's my point, it requires a "slot" be either local or online. The behaviour I had with a very early version of VP, and the behaviour I had with Cinema Intros before that, is that it played exactly one trailer, but it could be either an online or a local trailer at random.

7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Yes as stated in the Title of the Input field: MATCH Embedded Track Title.

Can you please go and read thru the first post in this thread as that give the instructions.

The track titles weren't even a feature when that post was written.

I'm just not sure what the comma-delimited list is for, if it's matching between track titles and file names. It seems redundant?

Cheesegeezer

I can only please some of the people some of the time.

Everyone else seems really happy with it in the testing thread

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

crusher11
2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I can only please some of the people some of the time.

Everyone else seems really happy with it in the testing thread

I'm still not sure what the comma-delimited list is for.

If it's matching track names to file names, then wouldn't it just need a toggle, same as the codecs? What am I missing?

Cheesegeezer

this feature was put in just for you  fella.  

You really inspire me.

image.gif.63c0ba491d792b998e7c6ffa4e743860.gif

crusher11
10 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

this feature was put in just for you  fella.  

You really inspire me.

image.gif.63c0ba491d792b998e7c6ffa4e743860.gif

The only way the comma-delimited list makes sense to me, is if the list does a partial match against the track, and the intro file name matches the text in the list. Which also makes sense for usability.

ie, list is "2.0 Surround,2.0 Mono", intro files are "2.0 Surround.mp4" and "2.0 Mono.mp4", and it matches track names like "Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono", "DTS-HD MA 2.0 Surround", "LPCM 2.0 Mono", "Dolby TrueHD 2.0 Surround", etc.

I think that's the implementation we discussed previously. But I'm not sure if it's that, or if the MP4 files need to match the track title exactly (ie I would need "Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono.mp4", "DTS-HD MA 2.0 Mono.mp4", "LPCM 2.0 Mono.mp4", etc).

Cheesegeezer
33 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Well I've tried both approaches, and neither seems to work.

needs to be with out extension

crusher11
Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

needs to be with out extension

On the list? Yes. The list is:

Dolby Surround,Dolby Stereo,2.0 Surround,2.0 Mono,Dual Mono,4K HEVC HDR10+,4K HEVC Dolby Vision,4K HEVC Dolby Vision HDR10+

And my files are:

955478602_Screenshot2022-08-1501_40_53.png.1f15727ed92b04d83e7f3be9e73f435c.png

No codec intro plays for Atomic Blonde:

515902511_Screenshot2022-08-1501_42_22.png.d6c351e4f16b114cae854e8a4394a6df.png

Or for Blood Simple:

505168602_Screenshot2022-08-1501_43_48.png.20cb4014b6e90a3a0fad9b143b94b174.png

And yes, it's enabled for watched movies. I do get the bumper, so it's not a total failure of the plugin to play anything at all.

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

And yes, it's enabled for watched movies. I do get the bumper, so it's not a total failure of the plugin to play anything at all

glad to hear it!

crusher11
8 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

glad to hear it!

That doesn't resolve the issue with the track name matching, however.

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

That doesn't resolve the issue with the track name matching, however.

What issue, you are saying it works and now it doesn’t. Please explain more! 

crusher11

What issue, you are saying it works and now it doesn’t. Please explain more! 

The bumper plays. So the plugin clearly functions.

None of my track-matching intros play.

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

The bumper plays. So the plugin clearly functions.

None of my track-matching intros play.

I’m not sure where the bumper came into play. As i thought we were discussing track matches. I’ll look at again tomorrow 

crusher11

I’m not sure where the bumper came into play. As i thought we were discussing track matches. I’ll look at again tomorrow 

I set up two trailers (unwatched movies only), a bumper (watched & unwatched), and track matches (watched and unwatched).

The trailers and bumper play just fine, when applicable, which means that the track matches not playing isn't due to something stupid like me forgetting to turn the plugin on.