Vantage Point 2.0 - Complete Rework

Cheesegeezer

Scrouples23

LOVE LOVE LOVE This Plugin! Great work as it really brings the cinema experience home to me!

Apologies if I have missed this in the thread, but I had a question regarding random file selection.

I have several Dolby ATMOS and True HD bumpers...Is there a way to name the files in a way that each time it Tag Matches an ATMOS track or TRUEHD track that it randomly plays one? Not a huge deal but Im getting used to the same 2 bumpers when those films with said tags play.

Thanks so much for any help!

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

@Scrouples23

Ah i see because the tag will only ever match one file name, so if you had ATMOS, ATMOS-1,etc it will only ever match the atmos tag and always choose that file. I think this shoukd be a quick fix and also to incorporate @crusher11requests also.

hopefully have this done by the weekend for you guys

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Scrouples23 said:

Amazing! Thanks very much :)

Is that the issue you are facing? 

Scrouples23

It is yes. I have 6 or 7 Dolby Atmos Bumpers and 7 or 8 Dolby TRUE HD Bumpers that I would love to use and have them rotate so on any given movie playback it will pick an ATMOS for that type of movie or TRUE HD for that type etc. With having to make different file names for each one like you said "ATMOS" "ATMOS-1" etc. it will only ever play that first one to match the tag.

• Thanks 1

crusher11
17 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@Scrouples23

Ah i see because the tag will only ever match one file name, so if you had ATMOS, ATMOS-1,etc it will only ever match the atmos tag and always choose that file. I think this shoukd be a quick fix and also to incorporate @crusher11requests also.

hopefully have this done by the weekend for you guys

Similar question, if I have a SingleIntro pointed to a folder with multiple video files in it, is it supposed to pick one at random, or just play the first one?

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Similar question, if I have a SingleIntro pointed to a folder with multiple video files in it, is it supposed to pick one at random, or just play the first one?

A singleIntro will only play a specific file.

Multiple intros is what you would need, select 1 for number of intros to play and it will select one at random from that folder.

crusher11
4 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

A singleIntro will only play a specific file.

Multiple intros is what you would need, select 1 for number of intros to play and it will select one at random from that folder.

So the ability to select just a folder, not a specific file, as a Single Intro is unintentional?

Cheesegeezer
6 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

So the ability to select just a folder, not a specific file, as a Single Intro is unintentional?

I don't follow

If you want to play a specific file.... you use SingleIntro

If you want to play ONE random file, you would select Multiple intros and set the No of items to play to 1.

It's wording i guess. I should maybe change it to say specific Intro and Random Intro(s)

Spaceboy
22 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I don't follow

If you want to play a specific file.... you use SingleIntro

If you want to play ONE random file, you would select Multiple intros and set the No of items to play to 1.

It's wording i guess. I should maybe change it to say specific Intro and Random Intro(s)

crusher is right - this confused me the first time i used the app. when using "Single Intro" the app will accept being pointed at a folder, as well as a specific file.

hoping to finally finish my library scan today and confirm if VP is working for my main stable. can't remember if i said this but it worked fine on a test stable. library hasnt been scanning the whole time, i've been moving a load of stuff around...

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

I’m just building against the latest beta, and things are acting strangely!  I think it could be down to mediastreams or something. If i play a UHD film, then i get very sporadic results, but if i play a 1080p film every is working great.

So this is gonna take time to figure out and also will be released when the new beta is finalised and moves to a stable release.

the new beta isn’t backward compatible either so I’m gonna have to either delete tge Emby-Server folder and do a fresh install to build against 4.7.11 or just start to update all my plugins ready for the new release version. 

@crusher11.  A quick question, shall i make the customString match a seperate option or include with codec matches? 

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

crusher is right - this confused me the first time i used the app. when using "Single Intro" the app will accept being pointed at a folder, as well as a specific file.

hoping to finally finish my library scan today and confirm if VP is working for my main stable. can't remember if i said this but it worked fine on a test stable. library hasnt been scanning the whole time, i've been moving a load of stuff around...

The instructions for using the plugin are on the first post. I know it’s not common for people to actually read them, but they are there

• Haha 1

crusher11
28 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@crusher11.  A quick question, shall i make the customString match a seperate option or include with codec matches? 

Wouldn't it just be changing how track title matching works? 

Cheesegeezer
9 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Wouldn't it just be changing how track title matching works? 

I’m gonna say no… it will be field you can enter in a partial match criteria. So the video file it tries to match would contain a key word… in your case it would be “Mono” and doesn’t care about whats before or after that in the intro name you want to play. 

• Agree 1

crusher11
19 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I’m gonna say no…

Well we're on different pages then, because that's what I was envisioning. At the moment, track title matching needs to be a 100% match between track title and intro filename, where to me a partial makes more sense.

If you're talking about it as a different thing, what is it trying to match the intro's filename against? How would it figure out which movies should get which intros?

crusher11
Just now, Doppellhelix said:

Hello Craggles,

first of all thank you for your great icons. These look great.
I downloaded the overlays-Craig 97px.zip and unzipped it into the folder /var/lib/emby/plugins/CoverArt/Custom-Overlays. 
The Subtitles icons are still in the Subtitles 97px subfolder.

The new icons are now displayed
However, I only get the 720p video icons displayed. 

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.

I think you want the CoverArt thread.

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Well we're on different pages then, because that's what I was envisioning. At the moment, track title matching needs to be a 100% match between track title and intro filename, where to me a partial makes more sense.

If you're talking about it as a different thing, what is it trying to match the intro's filename against? How would it figure out which movies should get which intros?

We are not on different pages at all. Using a partial match would disable match track titles, so this is why I’m gonna put it as a different type of intro(more work for me). 

lets have a play with it and you can do some testing for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

ok everything working for me now. problems were (i think) mostly not having the config of cinema intros correct and partly that as far as i can see the ATV app does not support intros for episodes.

anyway all good and the hard work is much appreciated

Edit - its not to do with the app version. It is to do with intros are not supported when continuing watching a series from the continue watching row. if you initiate playback from the series row or drill down to the episode and play that its fine. but Continue Watching seems to be interpreted the same as Resume and no intro is played

Edited by Spaceboy
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
8 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

ok everything working for me now. problems were (i think) mostly not having the config of cinema intros correct and partly that as far as i can see the ATV app does not support intros for episodes.

anyway all good and the hard work is much appreciated

Edit - its not to do with the app version. It is to do with intros are not supported when continuing watching a series from the continue watching row. if you initiate playback from the series row or drill down to the episode and play that its fine. but Continue Watching seems to be interpreted the same as Resume and no intro is played

Thanks Buddy for the update. I know that Luke mentioned a while ago at the beginning of the 4.8 beta that something had broken in Episode Intros, so I’m hoping this will be fixed for the release. I don’t actually know if its fixed at the minute in the latest betas. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
Terramaris

image.thumb.png.bffe28fc2cd9baa79b46f017301759c6.png

I am having a strange problem with my trailers. The Local Trailers should play trailers found within my Emby Server, and it does, but it only plays the same two: Austin Powers 1 and Austin Powers 2. Coincidentally the first two movies I have when sorted alphabetically. My other problem is Internet Trailers, which has the same settings as Local Trailers except "Select Local Trailers" is obviously disabled, is skipped. Vantage goes from Coming Soon straight to Silence Cell Phones.

Any idea what could be causing both? Thank you!

Cheesegeezer
On 05/05/2023 at 02:57, Terramaris said:

image.thumb.png.bffe28fc2cd9baa79b46f017301759c6.png

I am having a strange problem with my trailers. The Local Trailers should play trailers found within my Emby Server, and it does, but it only plays the same two: Austin Powers 1 and Austin Powers 2. Coincidentally the first two movies I have when sorted alphabetically. My other problem is Internet Trailers, which has the same settings as Local Trailers except "Select Local Trailers" is obviously disabled, is skipped. Vantage goes from Coming Soon straight to Silence Cell Phones.

Any idea what could be causing both? Thank you!

Are you running stable or beta server.

ive been working on the fixes for the trailer issues in the beta, but will not release until the stable 4.8.1 is released. Trailers are still pretty broken for me in beta, so I’m trying to hone in on the new syntax required.  

are you a premium member also? As the trailers is a premium feature.

if you can supply a log, eitger here or in PM it will help me understand where the issues may be.

thanks

• Thanks 1

Terramaris
11 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Are you running stable or beta server.

ive been working on the fixes for the trailer issues in the beta, but will not release until the stable 4.8.1 is released. Trailers are still pretty broken for me in beta, so I’m trying to hone in on the new syntax required.  

are you a premium member also? As the trailers is a premium feature.

if you can supply a log, eitger here or in PM it will help me understand where the issues may be.

thanks

Thank you for getting back with me. I am a premium member (lifetime) running VP 2.1.0.5 on Emby 4.7.11.0. Attached is the EmbyLog file. In the time since I made my post, I have edited my Vantage playlist to bypass the problem by removing online trailers and copying all my trailers into a seperate folder where Vantage can randomly play the Multiple Intro feature.

In order to do testing I created a new Vantage playlist with only two commands in it. The first is to play a single local trailer, the second is to play a single online trailer. After a full library scan as directed then a server restart for good measure, I then selected three movies to load. In each case the program ran exactly as I expected it would: It played the Austin Power's trailer (International Man of Mystery each time), then skipped the online trailer. I have 26 movies with accompanied trailers for it to pick from, but it only wants International Man of Mystery.

I tested this off of the computer hosting the server, but I can confirm the problem occurred on multiple different devices across my house.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Terramaris
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

Just got in from travels, i will look at this tomorrow or during the week 👍

• Like 1