Vantage Point 2.0 - Complete Rework

Cheesegeezer

grid-hibiscus-pancake
19 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

A server debug log would be helpful.

do you have the cinema Intros plugin installed also? This needs to be installed but disabled for both movies and tv episodes

have you run a library scan after adding your intros?

ill run a test now myself.

cheers

EDIT: THESE ARE MY SETTINGS

CINEMA INTROS PLUGIN NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED BUT DISABLED

image.thumb.png.762e864c0fbbfdfb3d8754ff3c4c9ae5.png

PLAYBACK MENU: ENSURE THAT "ENABLE CINEMA INTROS" IS CHECKED

image.png.f79752d922abebfd0885875a7426c3a5.png

SETUP YOUR VANTAGE POINT INTROS

image.png.3439a9eff287627d2d37cb2061aeb530.png

FINALLY GO TO THE SCHEDULED TASK MENU AND RUN THE LIBRARY SCAN TASK:

image.png.7914a97ccf2df041442af9bb3dd5059c.png

To create a Debug Server Log... Follow these steps.

Go to the logs menu and ensure debug logging is enabled.

image.thumb.png.fbd9a8645165db369931ae613f9fb963.png

Then go to Scheduled tasks and Rotate the log

image.png.1922ac6e054e357790440162d54cd7df.png

Then go and play a movie.  Your intros will be created before even the first intro has completed.  

image.thumb.png.d6de43f7c8e39a5f65eb82e88decc459.png

Finally one last thing.  Check settings for a played movie for each intro. You need to set enable for watched content to on if you want these intros to play for already watched items.

Thank you so much!

I will go through this again.

What I noticed yesterday.

I did not have cinema intros plugin installed, nor did I have trailers plugin installed.

Here's how I got this to work before I saw your post:

1. Install trailers plugins -- without this trailers didn't work
  2. Install cinema intros and enable them for movies and TV episodes -- without this none of the local files would play
  3. Make sure that there are no dot files inside of the folders with files, this was a weird one!!! I copied the starter pack files from a mac machine to the network share and it created a bunch of hidden DOT UNDESCORE files which played intros intermittently. I am guessing it would take a list of files but would fail to play those and just skip them. So I had to run this command to delete them all
    find . -type f -name '._*' -delete

Output

./MPAA Ratings/._NR.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._G.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._R.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._PG.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._NC-17.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._PG-13.mp4
./._MPAA Ratings
./Phones/._Turn Off Cell Phones PSA.mp4
./Phones/._Roxy Cinema - Silence your phone (western).mp4
./Phones/._Welcome to the cinema.mp4
./Phones/._Don't Talk PSA _ CAPTAIN MARVEL with Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson.mp4
./Phones/._Robots Mobile Phone Policy (2005).mp4
./._Phones
./._Template - Old BBFC Cert Slide 4K.xcf
./._.DS_Store

I will do some more testing today to see how it goes.

By the way where did you get that coca cola running man feature presentation bumper? I would love to get these in 4k/atmos

Edited by grid-hibiscus-pancake
  • Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, grid-hibiscus-pancake said:

Thank you so much!

I will go through this again.

What I noticed yesterday.

I did not have cinema intros plugin installed, nor did I have trailers plugin installed.

Here's how I got this to work before I saw your post:

1. Install trailers plugins -- without this trailers didn't work
  2. Install cinema intros and enable them for movies and TV episodes -- without this none of the local files would play
  3. Make sure that there are no dot files inside of the folders with files, this was a weird one!!! I copied the starter pack files from a mac machine to the network share and it created a bunch of hidden DOT UNDESCORE files which played intros intermittently. I am guessing it would take a list of files but would fail to play those and just skip them. So I had to run this command to delete them all
    find . -type f -name '._*' -delete

Output

./MPAA Ratings/._NR.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._G.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._R.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._PG.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._NC-17.mp4
./MPAA Ratings/._PG-13.mp4
./._MPAA Ratings
./Phones/._Turn Off Cell Phones PSA.mp4
./Phones/._Roxy Cinema - Silence your phone (western).mp4
./Phones/._Welcome to the cinema.mp4
./Phones/._Don't Talk PSA _ CAPTAIN MARVEL with Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson.mp4
./Phones/._Robots Mobile Phone Policy (2005).mp4
./._Phones
./._Template - Old BBFC Cert Slide 4K.xcf
./._.DS_Store

I will do some more testing today to see how it goes.

Really appreciate your efforts fella.

2 hours ago, grid-hibiscus-pancake said:

By the way where did you get that coca cola running man feature presentation bumper? I would love to get these in 4k/atmos

Hahahaha I made it, with a combination of 3DS MAX and After Effects.  I don't have any software to create Atmos, but i'm registered with DTS Master Studio to output DTS-MA or other not spacial surrounds.   Dolby is just a non starter for me to invest in.

grid-hibiscus-pancake
18 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Really appreciate your efforts fella.

Hahahaha I made it, with a combination of 3DS MAX and After Effects.  I don't have any software to create Atmos, but i'm registered with DTS Master Studio to output DTS-MA or other not spacial surrounds.   Dolby is just a non starter for me to invest in.

That's really cool, 3ds max I haven't heard that one in a while :) I remember around 1997 I was learning how to make fire in 3dsmax heh... I haven't played with it since early 2000s

Any chance I could ask you get get a 4k version of that one? it looks really cool. I am about to finish up my theater and it would be cool to have a nice to have a nice feature presentation bumper to spice up the experience. it's going to be a 11.4.8, not sure how much play you have with side channels in DTS-MA

Cheesegeezer

49 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I guess you are running beta server. Some code is depreciated in the beta and the plugin is still using stable code from stable server. I was easily able to fix it by reverting back to 4.7.11 server version.

crusher11
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I guess you are running beta server. Some code is depreciated in the beta and the plugin is still using stable code from stable server. I was easily able to fix it by reverting back to 4.7.11 server version.

So known issue, nothing to worry about?

Cheesegeezer
20 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

So known issue, nothing to worry about?

Yup… it will be rectified when the current beta goes to release as i will update the nugets to the new release version when they become available. 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
On 08/02/2023 at 22:58, grid-hibiscus-pancake said:

Also is there a source I can download those funny adverts? Also Samuel L. Jackson one is hillarious!

Yes it's on the first page in the plugin UI

image.png.84fcaed2b924a162b22d38c2f054a320.png

I have also created a HDR 4K version of the CocaCola Intro you liked (only has AACv2 5.1) which is in the feature presentations folder from that link.

image.png.b5efa484a13030c1147cf8cddc9e91c9.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Spaceboy

Hi, sorry but i can't get Vantage Point to play back any intros. Cinema mode works fine and the config of VP works fine but the intros never play.

the log is from a beta install but i get the same results on stable. i'm just asking it to play back one single named intro for testing. the intro plays fine in emby

embyserver(17).txt

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
crusher11

Have you given any thought to making track titles a partial match? ie having "2.0 Surround.mkv" match "PCM 2.0 Surround", "DTS-HD MA 2.0 Surround", "Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround", "AAC 2.0 Surround", etc?

If a movie is multi-version, will it pick the tracks of the version being played, or of the Emby default version? IIRC it only picks the default track and not the playback track, right?

crusher11

@CheesegeezerI'm actually unable to get track title intros to work at all. I'm on .26, is this to be expected or is there troubleshooting to do? If the latter, what do you need from me?

Cheesegeezer
On 26/03/2023 at 05:23, crusher11 said:

Have you given any thought to making track titles a partial match? ie having "2.0 Surround.mkv" match "PCM 2.0 Surround", "DTS-HD MA 2.0 Surround", "Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround", "AAC 2.0 Surround", etc?

If a movie is multi-version, will it pick the tracks of the version being played, or of the Emby default version? IIRC it only picks the default track and not the playback track, right?

I will certainly look at adding this for Stable release. 

On 26/03/2023 at 19:35, crusher11 said:

@CheesegeezerI'm actually unable to get track title intros to work at all. I'm on .26, is this to be expected or is there troubleshooting to do? If the latter, what do you need from me?

I don’t know I’m not developing on beta at the moment. Too too much going on in the background to be sensible for me To develop on beta. 

4 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Hi 👋 

o0cynix0o

First I wanna say thanks for your work on this. Second. Why am I getting a trailer for the movie I’m about to watch playing first every time I watch a movie?  Multiple users on my server report the same thing. 

Again, thanks for your time. 

• Agree 2

Cheesegeezer
6 hours ago, o0cynix0o said:

First I wanna say thanks for your work on this. Second. Why am I getting a trailer for the movie I’m about to watch playing first every time I watch a movie?  Multiple users on my server report the same thing. 

Again, thanks for your time. 

Hi, are you running beta server? If so there is a few properties in the code that has depreciated. And doesn’t omit the current playing movies trailer.

Once the next server release comes out i will fix these. And add in crushers request also. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Spaceboy

hi dave, just wondered whether you'd missed my post above or assumed that i was also running beta, but for some reason i cant get VP to work at all for me on stable. However there is no rush and if you would prefer to wait until 4.8 goes stable and look at all of these issues then that is fine with me. cheers

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

hi dave, just wondered whether you'd missed my post above or assumed that i was also running beta, but for some reason i cant get VP to work at all for me on stable. However there is no rush and if you would prefer to wait until 4.8 goes stable and look at all of these issues then that is fine with me. cheers

Sorry Buddy, i really did miss it, let me take a look at your post. 

In the meantime can you, set log to debug, rotate the log and then play your movie.  also send me the config file (in PM if you wish) and the log.  i wanna see what it's wants to do against what its actually doing.

Cheesegeezer

you've already given me the log

hahahaha

so only 1 intro and thats the fire explosion one and it doesn't want to play.

Spaceboy
25 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

you've already given me the log

hahahaha

so only 1 intro and thats the fire explosion one and it doesn't want to play.

:) no worries at all. yep - its weird, i can't see why it won't play. the video plays fine when added to emby as part of a normal library. i've also tried it on a couple of beta installs that i run but no go there either. can provide the vid if you want, but i don't think its that

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

:) no worries at all. yep - its weird, i can't see why it won't play. the video plays fine when added to emby as part of a normal library. i've also tried it on a couple of beta installs that i run but no go there either. can provide the vid if you want, but i don't think its that

i have had this before with another user, he had a video file that didn't want to play either.  

Send it over anyways and i'll test on my system. 

I'm on windows 10, 4.7.11 server release and scratching my head lol

Spaceboy
9 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

i have had this before with another user, he had a video file that didn't want to play either.  

Send it over anyways and i'll test on my system. 

I'm on windows 10, 4.7.11 server release and scratching my head lol

windows 11 for me but same server version. vid is attached, its just one of the intros someone uploaded 6months or so back. i'll be honest, most of my testing has been done on beta because my large library and associated 90min scan times make testing it on my stable install a challenge :) . but i'll set up another stable instance with almost no media and see what i get there

Cheesegeezer

Works perfect for me.

image.thumb.png.bcd55eb0849355816b5c63cb6f6287d6.png

One thing you do need to have is CinemaIntros Plugin installed (Tested just now with V1.0.44)  But make sure that the movies and tv show boxes are not ticked.

That might be it

image.png.e4517f3f1e43a9452a1ddeaf5a7dc9c1.png

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1