Vantage Point 2.0 - Complete Rework

Cheesegeezer

• 5 weeks later...
ServerGuy
On 12/27/2022 at 10:39 AM, Luke said:

There is currently an open issue where only the first episode of a series gets intros. We are looking into it. Thanks.

Did this get resolved? Currently I'm trying to use this plugin to give a YoutubeTV type feel that presents a relaxing 15 second video in-between each episode played (a little binge break). Currently only the first episode played in a series displays the Single Intro video. 

Or, do I need to setup this type of video differently in the plugin?

14 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Did this get resolved? Currently I'm trying to use this plugin to give a YoutubeTV type feel that presents a relaxing 15 second video in-between each episode played (a little binge break). Currently only the first episode played in a series displays the Single Intro video. 

Yes it did.

Tremas

19 hours ago, ServerGuy said:

I believe this plugin is meant to do intros and pre-rolls before a single piece of media, not an interstitial between episodes. To do that you could use something like VirtualTV to set up a channel in the guide with "bumpers" between media.

• 2 weeks later...
Vylo

Not really understanding why I'm getting this error.
Its running in a docker container.

Unable to get VP to work.

chrome_iIY5DR5jtS.thumb.png.d407c4f34b3608837ab4857a7953efba.png

Scott310

Hey all!

This may have been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Is there now or will there eve be a way to make the plugin device specific? I would love to have a bunch of pre-rolls in my home theater but not necessarily on my other TV's and for my shared users.  I know that on some clients I can go into the settings and turn it off manually but some of my users are not tech savvy at all and I would have to go over to their house to turn this off. I would to be able to control who sees the pre-rolls at the parent level.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Tremas

Is anybody having issues with this plugin on v4.8? I haven't upgraded from 4.7 yet, but am planning to do so shortly. Just wondering if it will still work.

• 1 month later...
G4n0nD0rf
On 4/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, Cheesegeezer said:

@Scrouples23

Ah i see because the tag will only ever match one file name, so if you had ATMOS, ATMOS-1,etc it will only ever match the atmos tag and always choose that file. I think this shoukd be a quick fix and also to incorporate @crusher11requests also.

hopefully have this done by the weekend for you guys

Has this function been added? How do I use it?

Junglejim
30 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I don't think @Cheesegeezeris around anymore.

I haven't seen him for quite some time, I hope he's ok.

From memory he's a sea dog so could be out of range..

Edited by Junglejim

crusher11
1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

I haven't seen him for quite some time, I hope he's ok.

According to his profile he's still coming here regularly, just not posting.

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, new Emby user and first post here!

Found this plugin and loving it, I understand the developer is not really around here much anymore but that's okay. Probably one of you who use this plugin can help me out.

I added the Certification category in the plugin settings and it plays the video clip fine - but the issue is it always plays the "Default.mp4" -> (Not Rated) no matter what is set for the movie.
So it's a metadata issue I'm sure. Server is for me and family and parents so I have the metadata language in Swedish which doesn't correspond to the rating system used in the sample download for the certification videos. 

Is there a way I can either "translate" the ratings from the Swedish system (SE-BTL, SE-7, SE-11, SE-15) OR have the metadata posters, info etc still in Swedish but just update the age rating to a different system like BBFC or the Australian one? And then hopefully it will work okay with the videos for those systems.

I went into the Emby control panel and had a look around in metadata manager and library settings but couldn't find anything regarding the age rating used for my library, just metadata language and I'd like to keep the rest of the metadata in my local language if at all possible. Maybe there's a setting somewhere that I missed.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oh I'm dumb, just renamed the video files to SE-BTL etc. Works now!

Edited by Burb_
solved