MediaInfo For Emby Plugin(HDR, Vision, Atmos, DTS:X)

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

@SikSlayer i saw your confused face. Its a little joke, because thats the formatting that @rbjtech likes and if you have used the plugin you will see an option for RBJTech formatting.  Which displays the output like that 😂😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

SikSlayer
5 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@SikSlayer i saw your confused face. Its a little joke, because thats the formatting that @rbjtech likes and if you have used the plugin you will see an option for RBJTech formatting.  Which displays the output like that 😂😉

Thanks for clarifying. The two posts were seemingly contradictory. 😁

Edited by SikSlayer
  • Like 2

neik

cheese, is the issue described by frosty regarding the Atmos tracks an actual issue?
If so, is it being looked at?

Thank you!

Cheesegeezer
Just now, neik said:

cheese, is the issue described by frosty regarding the Atmos tracks an actual issue?

Yes

Just now, neik said:

If so, is it being looked at?

Yes

Just now, neik said:

Thank you!

No probs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Netdhio
El 18/06/2022 a las 2:41 PM, FrostByte dijo:

Soy bueno aquí. Funciona perfectamente en mi NAS. Gracias

HOLA PUEDES AYUDARME, LE E DEJADO LAS RUTAS DE LOS INSTALADORES EN EL DISCO DURO DE MI NAS QNAP, Y LE DOY A TAREAS PROGRAMDAS Y ESCANEA Y NO PASA NADA AYUDAME COMO LO HCIISTE QUE ESTOY HCIENDO MAL.

HOLA ME PUEDES AYUDAR, HE DEJADO LAS RUTAS DE LOS INSTALADORES EN EL DISCO DURO DE MI QNAP NAS, Y TE DOY TAREAS PROGRAMADAS Y ESCANEO Y NO PASA NADA AYÚDAME COMO TÚ LO HICISTE QUE LO ESTOY HACIENDO MAL.

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-13 093215.png

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Netdhio said:

HOLA PUEDES AYUDARME, LE E DEJADO LAS RUTAS DE LOS INSTALADORES EN EL DISCO DURO DE MI NAS QNAP, Y LE DOY A TAREAS PROGRAMDAS Y ESCANEA Y NO PASA NADA AYUDAME COMO LO HCIISTE QUE ESTOY HCIENDO MAL.

HOLA ME PUEDES AYUDAR, HE DEJADO LAS RUTAS DE LOS INSTALADORES EN EL DISCO DURO DE MI QNAP NAS, Y TE DOY TAREAS PROGRAMADAS Y ESCANEO Y NO PASA NADA AYÚDAME COMO TÚ LO HICISTE QUE LO ESTOY HACIENDO MAL.

Captura de pantalla 2022-07-13 093215.png

It looks like you're using the Windows versions of both apps. Is your Qnap running Windows?  If it's running Unix then you will need a different version.

Netdhio
Hace 2 horas, FrostByte dijo:

Parece que estás usando las versiones de Windows de ambas aplicaciones. ¿Su Qnap está ejecutando Windows? Si está ejecutando Unix, entonces necesitará una versión diferente.

EL QNAP NO EJECUTA WINDOWS, Y ENTONCES DE DONDE SACO ESAS VERSIONES PARA UNIX O LINUX O UBUNTU POR FAVOR

QNAP NO EJECUTA WINDOWS, Y LUEGO, ¿DE DÓNDE OBTENGO ESAS VERSIONES PARA UNIX O LINUX O UBUNTU, POR FAVOR?

sydlexius
On 6/2/2022 at 3:05 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

After doing some Googling found this thread

Which version of Unix is unRaid based on? - General Support - Unraid

Which points to this

The Slackware Linux Project: Configuration Help

So you should download Slackware Linux MediaInfo

MediaInfo - Download MediaInfo for Slackware (mediaarea.net)

image.png.d1f40b4980f1eb10b4672c2727920da8.png

FYI, that approach is a dead-end.  Also, for users of uNRAID, it's made available through the "Nerd Pack".  Still, the binaries are not statically-linked, so there's no way to incorporate them into the docker images for Emby (either official, or lsio's).  Sorry for the late response...I decided to take a stab at this on my own and quickly discovered that it'll be a tall task to pull off.  Additionally, I don't want my MKVs modified, so this is a bit of a non-starter for me.

FrostByte
2 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

Additionally, I don't want my MKVs modified, so this is a bit of a non-starter for me.

I believe softworkz is working on getting this into the core eventually.  He made a comment in the original FR thread, and it sounds like he's made some progress already.

rbjtech
10 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I believe softworkz is working on getting this into the core eventually.  He made a comment in the original FR thread, and it sounds like he's made some progress already.

From my understanding, only from a DV profile perspective.  There is still no movement from ffmpeg on Dolby Atmos or other discreet audio attributes, thus emby will still not have complete codec identification vs MediaInfo.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Desafino

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous...I'm a novice.

I tried following the steps/instructions but I'm a bit confused/stuck on one of the steps..

I've Downloaded the software - MediaInfo CLI file + mkvtoolnix file.

How do I get to the executable file paths (as per pic)...? ..emby settings somewhere?

- Do I need to run/setup mkvtoolnix first with the media info file...?

171920299-20af90b1-9766-4295-be50-55abed202d7b.png.31b9b65e98710e7219dbca9b58076b93.png

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Desafino

Cheesegeezer
50 minutes ago, Desafino said:

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous...I'm a novice.

I tried following the steps/instructions but I'm a bit confused/stuck on one of the steps..

I've Downloaded the software - MediaInfo CLI file + mkvtoolnix file.

How do I get to the executable file paths (as per pic)...? ..emby settings somewhere?

- Do I need to run/setup mkvtoolnix first with the media info file...?

171920299-20af90b1-9766-4295-be50-55abed202d7b.png.31b9b65e98710e7219dbca9b58076b93.png

Thanks in advance :)

Are you running windows? 

cheers

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, Desafino said:

Yes...Win 11.

Thx.

Can you screenshot your paths please if you dont mind.

Desafino
9 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Can you screenshot your paths please if you dont mind.

Sorry...How do I get to the paths?

Where do I go under settings to do all this..etc..under "Plugins"?

598481435_Screenshot2022-07-26171528.thumb.jpg.cac490a9b86ae6c21c6e3e5a32cc5c64.jpg

FrostByte

If you used the Windows installer for both they are probably in the paths below, but go ahead and check.

C:\Program Files\MediaInfo\MediaInfo.exe

C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, Desafino said:

Sorry...How do I get to the paths?

Where do I go under settings to do all this..etc..under "Plugins"?

598481435_Screenshot2022-07-26171528.thumb.jpg.cac490a9b86ae6c21c6e3e5a32cc5c64.jpg

Ahhh right, you need to click on the search icon and navigate to where you ectracted the zip file

0CD9ED82-EAA1-4DF5-AB02-AC01A9DFE5CF.thumb.jpeg.9929394d87d81defadd94dba0c167a4f.jpeg

Cheesegeezer
58 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

If you used the Windows installer for both they are probably in the paths below, but go ahead and check.

Its cli so not an installer, just folder with required dll’s 

thanks frosty

Desafino
55 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

MediaInfo:
C:\Program Files\MediaInfo

MKVToolNix:
Installation path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\53641MoritzBunkus.MKVToolNix_69.0.0.0_x64__dzwm38c22apxe\mkvtoolnix
INI file location: C:\Users\rpmar\AppData\Local\bunkus.org\mkvtoolnix-gui\mkvtoolnix-gui.ini

mediainfo screenshot.jpg

mkvtoolnix screenshot.jpg

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Desafino said:

MediaInfo:
C:\Program Files\MediaInfo

MKVToolNix:
Installation path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\53641MoritzBunkus.MKVToolNix_69.0.0.0_x64__dzwm38c22apxe\mkvtoolnix
INI file location: C:\Users\rpmar\AppData\Local\bunkus.org\mkvtoolnix-gui\mkvtoolnix-gui.ini

mediainfo screenshot.jpg

mkvtoolnix screenshot.jpg

You need to download CLI versions not the GUI version. The plugin requires CLI which should be a zip folder and you just extract it.

CLI is command line interface, the gui closes of these command lines ehich the plugin requires.

please look at the Wiki posted on the first post, if you are still stuck then let me know and we can walk thru it.

FrostByte
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Its cli so not an installer, just folder with required dll’s 

thanks frosty

The installer will install both the gui and the cli though.  

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

The installer will install both the gui and the cli though.  

No it doesn’t on windows

the exe launches the gui and absorbs the dll file, not exposed. Thats why its highlighted in the wiki

Edited by Cheesegeezer