Jump to content

embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support


quickmic

Recommended Posts

embyL0VER
Posted (edited)

Yeah I was referring to the "recently played" widget/node.

I have to check what I'm using.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
14 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Yeah I was referring to the "recently played" widget/node.

I have to check what I'm using.

ok, this node actually just sort by "lastplayed" Kodi-video-database records.

I'll perform some tests..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
20 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

The "last seen" widget for movies shows a movie which is in progress as long as Kodi is running. If you stop that movie anywhere in between and restart Kodi, only the movies that you have watched till end were shown in the "last seen" widget. Don't know how this widget should work normally. Should it also show last seen startet movies or only fully watched ones?

I need more details. "recently played" doesn't show movie currently played (on the same Kodi box). After stopped, it shows the movie as played (even not fully watched/in progress). Is this what you mean? If so, I can try to add another filter for the node.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

embyL0VER
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I need more details. "recently played" doesn't show movie currently played (on the same Kodi box). After stopped, it shows the movie as played (even not fully watched/in progress). Is this what you mean? If so, I can try to add another filter for the node.

Exactly as you wrote, movie will be shown in "recently played" after stop even not fully watched. But after restarting Kodi the movie will disappear from "recently played" and only movies that were fully watched are shown. 

Before restarting Kodi:

IMG_20220522_150147.thumb.jpg.9dbedef7b0d5b9ab2311f1d24c8bedbd.jpg

And this is how it looks after restarting Kodi:

IMG_20220522_150243.thumb.jpg.b000b1bd3b939e6ea3979a9ab16a7712.jpg

Edited by embyL0VER
Insert pictures
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

I found the issue. It's a combination of db sync and node parameters. Other nodes are also affected, will fix it in next version.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

New version available 7.0.1-build 165

 

fix several nodes
add "--NO INFO--" when genre is missing
add "--NO INFO--" when studio is missing
add remote picture playback
remove unnecessary database openings
Clean code
fix issue when trailer is not available
fix iso playback for dynamic content

 

Comment:

rb reset not mandatory, but:

--NO INFO-- changes only available after full db reset

nodes updated requires a db reset OR there is a new option in config menu available -> sync -> node reset

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

I see, the "old" issue is back with latest version. movie is tagged as "watched" when pause on Emby server. I'll try to fix that too.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

ok, another version available to fix the Emby-server-Pause issue.

Once again, resert the nodes via config menu.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)

And another version available 7.0.1-build 172:

delta changelog:

add ass subtitle support

 

Comment:

If you don't need ass subtitle support, no need to update. If yes, also a complete db reset is required.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
On 5/14/2022 at 5:58 PM, embyL0VER said:

Yep,

with 7.0.1_88 progress and watched state are working like they should.

@DiscoDuck79 try following in advancedsettings.xml:

<video>
<ignorepercentatend>10</ignorepercentatend>
</video>

Maybe changing the value to 101 to completely ignore end percentage and simply mark video as watched after 90% of playing. For the last 10% of a media file Kodi should not set a resume point than.

I'll experiment with that. Maybe I can disable or sync Kodi progress "assumptions".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DiscoDuck79
18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll experiment with that. Maybe I can disable or sync Kodi progress "assumptions".

If possible, could you check if it's possible to sync from the server to Kodi? In Emby each library can have its own setting, to my understanding Kodi has a global setting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

If possible, could you check if it's possible to sync from the server to Kodi? In Emby each library can have its own setting, to my understanding Kodi has a global setting.

Well 2 options. I disable Kodi progress settings and a emby server progress update will overwrite Kodi. Not nice but most likely the way to go. Actually I try to avoid unnecessary updates.

If I find a way to adjust Kodi progress settings on the fly making it library specific. -> You are right, Kodi has a global settings in advancedsettings.xml. Unfortunately, this settings is only read on Kodi startup. Even an adjustment during runtime will have no effect.

Maybe I can adjust it via Kodi's jsonrpc but even so, it's not granted that an adjustment has an effect during runtime.

Kodi has limitations 🙄

 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)

New version available 7.0.1-build 186

 

delta changelog:

fix playback stop for some cases
add option using playback resume settings from Emby server (specific to each library)
fix 0-9 Letter node for Musicvideos

 

Comment:

I added an option using playback resume options from Emby server. default disabled, you can enable it in the sync settings of the plugin's config menu.

Actually, this function DISABLES Kodi's internal progress functions and the plugin is fully in charge for progress status updates. This also means, Kodi native content (NOT addon's native mode) will not work. Therefore default disabled.

Also this function is not tested for each and every case, but it should already work quite well.

 

 

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DiscoDuck79
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.0.1-build 186

 

delta changelog:

fix playback stop for some cases
add option using playback resume settings from Emby server (specific to each library)
fix 0-9 Letter node for Musicvideos

 

Comment:

I added an option using playback resume options from Emby server. default disabled, you can enable it in the sync settings of the plugin's config menu.

Actually, this function DISABLES Kodi's internal progress functions and the plugin is fully in charge for progress status updates. This also means, Kodi native content (NOT addon's native mode) will not work. Therefore default disabled.

Also this function is not tested for each and every case, but it should already work quite well.

 

 

Tried to install the new version and get the "Your access to Emby is restricted".

I've done a DB reset, cleared the settings, restarted the server etc but it won't work.

Haven't had this happen for a long time :(

Edited by DiscoDuck79
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Tried to install the new version and get the "Your access to Emby is restricted".

I've done a DB reset, cleared the settings, restarted the server etc but it won't work.

Haven't had this happen for a long time :(

Same situation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Tried to install the new version and get the "Your access to Emby is restricted".

I've done a DB reset, cleared the settings, restarted the server etc but it won't work.

Haven't had this happen for a long time :(

Oh, not good. Can you send a a Kodi.log please. btw, DB reset not necessary.

btw, usually removing the device from Emby server could help.

 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DiscoDuck79
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Oh, not good. Can you send a a Kodi.log please. btw, DB reset not necessary.

btw, usually removing the device from Emby server could help.

 

Log attached, forgot it yesterday. Yesterday I also tried to remove the device from Emby server and also to generate a new device id. That's why I was a bit surprised that I couldn't get it going again.

 

EDIT: On the Emby server the log is filled with

Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired.

kodi.log

Edited by DiscoDuck79
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Log attached, forgot it yesterday. Yesterday I also tried to remove the device from Emby server and also to generate a new device id. That's why I was a bit surprised that I couldn't get it going again.

kodi.log 236.4 kB · 0 downloads

I spent it a second though. Are you using an (Emby) Admin account?

The only change I made what probably could result in such an issue is. I added an additional API call (queries the library settings/playback resume options). Maybe this call needs Admin privileges. I'll test that but if so, that's a problem.

 

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DiscoDuck79
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I spent it a second though. Are you using an (Emby) Admin account?

The only change I made what probably could result in such an issue is. I added an additional API call (queries the library settings/playback resume options). Maybe this call needs Admin privileges. I'll test that but if so, that's a problem.

 

I think your correct.

Tested to connect with my admin account and it established contact. Then I gave my "normal" account admin privileges and it connected without errors to the server and I could start a sync.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, quickmic said:

不过我花了一秒钟。您使用的是(Emby)管理员帐户吗?

我所做的唯一可能导致此类问题的更改是。我添加了一个额外的 API 调用(查询库设置/播放恢复选项)。也许这个调用需要管理员权限。我会测试一下,但如果是这样,那就是个问题。

 

This should be the key to the problem.
Testing and using administrator accounts can be connected normally.
Non -administrator accounts report errors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)

I'll fix the issue in next version, but frankly. The new-progress-update function needs those info which causes the issue.

I can disable it for the "regular" mode so admin privileges only required when switching to the new mode.

btw, I think I found a bug in the new mode. Maybe the "lastplayed" date info is not properly updated. I'll double check that.

The old mode is not affected.

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DiscoDuck79
On 5/24/2022 at 3:59 PM, quickmic said:

I'll fix the issue in next version, but frankly. The new-progress-update function needs those info which causes the issue.

I can disable it for the "regular" mode so admin privileges only required when switching to the new mode.

btw, I think I found a bug in the new mode. Maybe the "lastplayed" date info is not properly updated. I'll double check that.

The old mode is not affected.

Once I enabled the admin user rights on the server for my user it solved the issue and I could connect as usual. But tbh I'm not fully understanding what you described in your post, I assume that in order for the new function to work the user needs to be a admin user on the server all the time and not only during the initial setup? And in order to "protect" content from deletion etc we have to configure this in the Emby server settings (as usual)?

I really like the approach that as much as possible regarding the libraries should be controlled by the server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

Well the new progress update function respects the playback limit from emby server.

resume.thumb.png.0deb0654d5277ec8fbb92f6edd74d145.png

Min resume percentage etc.

Therefore I need to pull those values (via api call) from the Emby server and using them for "manually" Kodi progress status updates. Exactly this query needs Admin privileges for Emby server.

I haven't found a better approach yet.

I'll release a new version soon, so the "standard" method is still working without admin privileges.

 

The "standard" method: Kodi is in charge to set progress updates. Kodi has its own limits and does not respect the Emby server limits.

The "new" method: The plugin is in charge and Kodi's (internal) progress updates are disabled.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic
Posted (edited)

New version available 7.0.2-build 12:

delta changelog:

restructure music db sync
several minor fixes for updated content
add database vacuum option
fix multiversion content (update) sync
fix admin issue (for regular progress update mode)

 

Comment:

This version forces a complete database resync! due to -> Music DB structure has COMPLETLY changed. I hope it will fix the pending issues.

Also there are many changes under the hood, not addressing any specific issue but it should address many edge case problems.

Actually the code for movies, musicvideos tvshows is even more unified. -> fixing issues on a single spot affects now all three types of content.

While rewriting the code, I already found several problems which are fixed for one type of content but not for others.

The vaccum db option optimizes/shrinks the db size -> option available under advanced settings. Large databases (> 100.000) could benefit.

 

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

quickmic

Another version available: 7.0.2-build 15

 

delta changelog:

remove some unnecessary progress updates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...