embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
10 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Here's what I saw during my tests during the morning. I'm using the synced nodes as my widgets without and additional modifications.

Recently played episodes takes quite a bit longer to populate the widget then the other nodes (I limited it to 5 eps since a majority of what's watched is tv shows).

Movies: When marking as watched the movie is correctly marked and timestamp moves it to most recently watched. When marking the same movie as unwatched it goes back to added date in the recently added list. All seems to be working good from what I can see.

Tv shows: If I have a show (XYZ) that I've seen all seasons (2) and episodes (10) of and mark show XYZ.S02E10 as unwatched. On Kodi the episode is marked as unwatched, but the season and the show is still marked as watched. On the server the episode, the season and the show is marked as it should. So here's there's probably some more adjustments needed.

On the synced nodes: All the nodes are in English except the next episode that's in Swedish. This is named Nästa avsnitt and contains pretty much every episode of all shows so it's not correct. In the dynamic nodes the Next episodes has the same content as the server displays, here I saw that some of the episodes are marked as watched on Kodi. Would love if you could create a sync for the Next episode so it could be used as a widget 😇

Yep, translations still pending.

Recently played episodes takes quite a bit longer to populate

Well actually the node uses Kodi's internal functionalities, so there is nothing I can do.

Maybe Kodi's native nodes are faster in some cases (some uses database views which are faster), but they do not support multi-libraries.

If you don't use multi-library for e.g. TV-Shows, you can try stock Kodi nodes.

"Next episode":

At least there is one issue. The query is cached and not released after watched/unwatched toggle. Maybe there are additional issues, I'll check.

Frankly, I don't use this widget therefore not sure how it should work (in edge cases). Which episode(s) should be showen if a TV Series has gaps?

I mean, easy when e.g. S01 fully watched and S02E01-E04 watched. It should list S02E05 but what if:

S01E01-E03 watched S01E04 not, S01E05-E01EXX watched. S02E01-S02E05 watched, S02E06 unwatched, S02E07-S02E08 watched, S02E09 unwatched, S02E10-E02EXX watched.

I think currently next up node shows 2 episodes. S01E04 and S02S06

btw, reason I'm not sure. The next-up node code is one of the few spots which are still just ported from 4.X and not been reviewed.

• Like 1

DiscoDuck79
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well actually the node uses Kodi's internal functionalities, so there is nothing I can do.

Maybe Kodi's native nodes are faster in some cases (some uses database views which are faster), but they do not support multi-libraries.

If you don't use multi-library for e.g. TV-Shows, you can try stock Kodi nodes.

Just to clarify. There's a very noticeable improvement for me using the synced nodes as source for my widgets, so what I do is to create a custom widget that only displays the synced node that I want, that's it. Then it loads pretty much instantly when I boot up and changes on the server populates "instantly" on the Kodi client. If I use Kodi's "normal" widgets there's considerably more waiting time for the widgets to populate and when there's changes I have to wait for the python script to run before the changes are mirrored. So when I wrote

17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Recently played episodes takes quite a bit longer to populate the widget then the other nodes (I limited it to 5 eps since a majority of what's watched is tv shows).

It behaves more like the standard shipped widgets and not with the speed performance I observe on the other synced nodes.

Next episode. Seems like we use different widgets for it. As I wrote, I would be a happy camper if what the Emby server reports as next upcoming episode was synced to a node for Kodi, then I would have the same list at both places. Since Emby is in charge of the library my preference is to let Emby decide what episode that's next, and if it's synced I can correct any error on one side and it will be mirrored to the other and voilá, everything is perfect 😄

What I do now is that I use the In Progress Tv Shows node, it gives me the show and then I access the episode from there.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Just to clarify. There's a very noticeable improvement for me using the synced nodes as source for my widgets, so what I do is to create a custom widget that only displays the synced node that I want, that's it. Then it loads pretty much instantly when I boot up and changes on the server populates "instantly" on the Kodi client. If I use Kodi's "normal" widgets there's considerably more waiting time for the widgets to populate and when there's changes I have to wait for the python script to run before the changes are mirrored. So when I wrote

It behaves more like the standard shipped widgets and not with the speed performance I observe on the other synced nodes.

Always use synced nodes if your content is synced to Kodi. Yes dynamic nodes are much much slower, cause they always query data from Emby server and not from Kodi's database.

For some very special nodes it's not possible to use Kodi's database as a source even if you have the content synced, that's why I don't hide dynamic nodes completely for synced content (as it was in the past).

The the Kodi stock nodes are in some cases even faster as the synced nodes form the plugin but this is usually neglectable.

Not sure how you display nodes, my skin it completely customized. There is no autoload of nodes just because they are available (I think embuary does that?). However, yes hide/remove dynamic nodes if they are in use.

btw, the skin I use also loads in the background xsp's (shipped with the skin). I also removed them, cause no need and they are also quite slow.

If you which, you can open another thread for skin optimization.

At the moment, I try to tackle two issues. One is the next up node (next episodes) the other is watched/unwatched issue for season and tvshows.

Even all episodes are tagged as unwatched, season and tvshows status still is wrong.

btw, I think we use the same node "next up" is just the internal name for the node, the label is "next episodes"

• Like 1

DiscoDuck79
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

btw, I think we use the same node "next up" is just the internal name for the node, the label is "next episodes"

I don't have this node available as a synced node, only as dynamic so I don't use it. I added it now just to check and it contains the shows from Emby as it should, but here there's still issues with the watched/unwatched status but I assume that's expected since it's not synced.

Embuary auto-loads some nodes (the libraries), but I've adjusted what I can to replace auto-shipped widgets with synced nodes instead. In order to make troubleshooting easier, what skin do you use now? I will install the same to make reporting a bit easier.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

I don't have this node available as a synced node, only as dynamic so I don't use it.

It is available under synced nodes, please doublecheck.

but here there's still issues with the watched/unwatched status but I assume that's expected since it's not synced.

I think I found the issue, it's correctly synced.

Seems Kodi interprets playcount = 0 as still played. playcount set to "null" in Kodi's database seems to fix the issue. Sometimes I really wondering what the Kodi dev are doing.

DiscoDuck79
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

It is available under synced nodes, please doublecheck.

I assume that

Dynamic Next episode should content wise be = Synced Next episode?

All my synced nodes have English names except Next episode that's named in Swedish "Nästa avsnitt". This is not something I've done, it's been like that for quite some time.

Nästa avsnitt does not match Dynamic Next episode, instead it contains more or less every episode I have on the server (including watched episodes). If I try to use it as a widget the Kodi computer (low power device) overloads.

embyL0VER
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Frankly, I don't use this widget therefore not sure how it should work (in edge cases). Which episode(s) should be showen if a TV Series has gaps?

I think currently next up node shows 2 episodes. S01E04 and S02S06

At the moment the normal behaviour is for example if you watched episode 1-2, skipped episode 3 and than watched episode 4, the next up widget will show episode 3 as next episode to watch.

quickmic

I'll upload a new version in the next hour...

I hope everything is fixed by then.

btw, and I think this is also part of the node confusion.

Nodes ARE NOT updated by just installing a new version. They will be refresh by a complete database refresh, but more convenient. Just delete the ./kodi/data/userdata/library and restart Kodi twice. This will update all nodes.

@embyL0VER

I assume your nodes are "old" and therefore the next episode is correct your setup. There is a bug (i'll fix it) if you refresh the nodes.

• Thanks 1

embyL0VER
24 minutes ago, quickmic said:

@embyL0VER

I assume your nodes are "old" and therefore the next episode is correct your setup. There is a bug (i'll fix it) 

Thank you again

And I'm using next up widget from embuary helper plugin. So this maybe is plugin/skin specific.

Just checked with the one from emby-next-gen 6.x and it's showing the same episodes as the one from embuary helper. So I think if you fix 7.x all should be fine.

Edited by embyL0VER
Wrote crap

quickmic

new version available 7.0.1-build 91

delta changelog:

additional progress/watched fixes
fix next episode node

quickmic

in the next version I'll also limit the items in the recently played node. It's unlimited at the moment, and that's not good.

DiscoDuck79
35 minutes ago, quickmic said:

new version available 7.0.1-build 91

delta changelog:

fix next episode node

Tested, did a DB reset from addon menu and added the libraries again.

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

the other is watched/unwatched issue for season and tvshows.

Even all episodes are tagged as unwatched, season and tvshows status still is wrong.

This looks ok now. Did same test as a described earlier today and now it makes the changes to Season and TV Show as well.

Now the Next episode seems way more in sync, I have a mismatch on some files (Kodi shows additional episodes), probably that I've marked items when sync hasn't been reliable so I will toss the entire kodi db and then I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be an exact replica of the server when I've re-synced.

• Like 1

quickmic
5 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Tested, did a DB reset from addon menu and added the libraries again.

This looks ok now. Did same test as a described earlier today and now it makes the changes to Season and TV Show as well.

Now the Next episode seems way more in sync, I have a mismatch on some files (Kodi shows additional episodes), probably that I've marked items when sync hasn't been reliable so I will toss the entire kodi db and then I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be an exact replica of the server when I've re-synced.

I haven't tested a full db reset, could be still some issues there. I'll check that too.

quickmic

and another update 7.0.1-build 96

delta changelog:

limit item in recently played node
add same fixes for progress/watched fixes also on init db sync

Comment:

I hope this is the last patch specific to the watched/unwacthed matter

• Thanks 1

DiscoDuck79
31 minutes ago, quickmic said:

and another update 7.0.1-build 96

delta changelog:

limit item in recently played node
add same fixes for progress/watched fixes also on init db sync

Comment:

I hope this is the last patch specific to the watched/unwacthed matter

Testing it now, so far I can't see anything that's not ok. I had to manually match Kodi and the server since they seem to treat the next episode differently but that's user case and not for all.

Great job as always!

• Like 1

embyL0VER

Tested 7.0.1-build 96,

episodes, seasons and TV shows are fixed now. But watched/progress status for movies not working. If you pause a movie and restart Kodi, movie will be marked as watched and has progress bar.

• Like 1

DiscoDuck79
4 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Tested 7.0.1-build 96,

episodes, seasons and TV shows are fixed now. But watched/progress status for movies not working. If you pause a movie and restart Kodi, movie will be marked as watched and has progress bar.

Just checked and I have the same.

• Like 1

DiscoDuck79
Just now, quickmic said:

Paused where? On Emby server or on Kodi?

If I stop the playback (in Kodi) I get the progress bar and it looks normal. Then I restart Kodi, once Kodi is once again running the movie has the progress bar but it's also marked as watched.

• Agree 1

quickmic

New version available 7.0.1-build 99

delta changelog:

prepare additional translation

• Like 1

embyL0VER

7.0.1-build 99 tested. Resetted watch state manually played/pause a movie and an episode, restarted Kodi and for now all seems to be working like it should. Will have a look at it further but I'm thinking it is fixed now.

Thank you again @quickmic for the fast compiling of new builds.

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
Just now, embyL0VER said:

7.0.1-build 99 tested. Resetted watch state manually played/pause a movie and an episode and now all seems to be working like it should. Will have a look at it further but I'm thinking it is fixed now.

Thank you again @quickmic for the fast compiling of new builds.

Welcome, glad it works.

Next version I'll clean the related code a bit, so please keep an eye on that.

Currently the fixes are distributed on several spots in the sources. This is very inconvenient for development, fixing the same bugs in multiple modules.

• Like 1

embyL0VER
18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Welcome, glad it works.

Next version I'll clean the related code a bit, so please keep an eye on that.

Sure thing, glad you see it as help and don't be frustrated if we post this nasty bugs.

• Like 1

embyL0VER

Hi quickmic,

have found another small thing, don't know if it can be fixed. The "last seen" widget for movies shows a movie which is in progress as long as Kodi is running. If you stop that movie anywhere in between and restart Kodi, only the movies that you have watched till end were shown in the "last seen" widget. Don't know how this widget should work normally. Should it also show last seen startet movies or only fully watched ones?

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic

"last seen" seems not a plugin node.

Plugin (synced nodes) are "in progress movies" or" recently played" which sounds quite similar.

If you use the "last seen" node, please upload the file and I can review how this node actually works.

Edited by quickmic