quickmic

DiscoDuck79
55 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New version available 7.0.1-build 88

delta changelog:

modify progress updates for paused content on emby server
fix progress reset

Comment:

Please keep an eye on content progress. I modified the progress reset function, but due to lagging of a proper Kodi notification system and additional design flaws (Kodi leaves database open while browsing through lists) it's not a straight forward implementation.

Tested with a movie.

Stopped at 5%, 25%, 50% - On both server and Kodi the progress bar updates, the movie is not marked as watched and it's listed as In progress = Desired behavior.

To the tricky part....

Stopped the movie between 90% and 92%.

On the server: The movie is marked as watched and removed from In progress.

On Kodi: The movie still has the progress bar and is marked as watched.

I then increased the Upper limit for resume on the server to 99% for that library and tested again.

When stopping between 90%-92% the movie remains as in progress on both Kodi and server.

When stopping above 92% but below 99% the movie remains as unwatched on the server, but is marked as watched in Kodi.

If I manually toggle the movie on either the server or on Kodi between watched/unwatched it changes on the other just like it should.

So from what I can see it's like Kodi still uses it's own settings for when to mark as watched/unwatched and when to stop using the progress bar. Is there any way these settings can be synced from the server Library/Advanced so that the server and Kodi always matches, or should we edit in advancedsettings.xml to make it match?

embyL0VER

Yep,

with 7.0.1_88 progress and watched state are working like they should.

@DiscoDuck79 try following in advancedsettings.xml:

<video>
<ignorepercentatend>10</ignorepercentatend>
</video>

Maybe changing the value to 101 to completely ignore end percentage and simply mark video as watched after 90% of playing. For the last 10% of a media file Kodi should not set a resume point than.

embyL0VER

Maybe I was a little to fast. Now if you set an episode to unwatched, the episode is right marked as unwatched but will remain in widget for last seen episodes and also will be shown in the next up widget. Is this just me?

quickmic
11 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Maybe I was a little to fast. Now if you set an episode to unwatched, the episode is right marked as unwatched but will remain in widget for last seen episodes and also will be shown in the next up widget. Is this just me?

Can you try to refresh the skin? Actually the status is set in Kodi's database, so the widgets can query the updated status from there. Unfortunately, the widgets / skin helpers are not the smartest when they should refresh.

embyL0VER

I have refreshed the skin, but didn't help. I don't know if this was with all 7.x versions. But definitely not with 6.x.

Only changed advancedsettings.xml but this shouldn't have an impact.

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
2 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

I have refreshed the skin, but didn't help. I don't know if this was with all 7.x versions. But definitely not with 6.x

Ok, I'll check again. Maybe I missed something.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
56 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

I assume last seen episodes is a skin specific node, right?

quickmic
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I assume last seen episodes is a skin specific node, right?

Just installed embuary skin, cannot find that node. -> "last seen episodes"

• Thanks 1

DiscoDuck79
1 hour ago, embyL0VER said:

@quickmicI think I can confirm this.

I use synced nodes for my widgets.

When marking a recently added movie from the "recently added" node it disappears from there and is added to the "recently played" node. When then marking it as unwatched it will still be in the "recently played" but it's also available again in the "recently added" node

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
10 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

@quickmicI think I can confirm this.

I use synced nodes for my widgets.

When marking a recently added movie from the "recently added" node it disappears from there and is added to the "recently played" node. When then marking it as unwatched it will still be in the "recently played" but it's also available again in the "recently added" node

I think I know why. Set to unwatched resets Kodi's playcounter, but not the last played timestamp. I assume that's the issue, will check.

• Thanks 1

embyL0VER

I'll use this for a so long time now and all for free, did you have something like PayPal so that I can contribute/donate a small fee to you? @quickmic

quickmic
23 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

I'll use this for a so long time now and all for free, did you have something like PayPal so that I can contribute/donate a small fee to you? @quickmic

Thanks but no need, I got compensated. I'll upload a new version in the next minutes. Not sure is it fixes all cases, I didn't perform any tests but I removed the timestamps.

quickmic

New version available 7.0.1-build 89

deltachangelog:

reset timestamps on unwacthed content

embyL0VER
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Not sure is it fixes all cases, I didn't perform any tests but I removed the timestamps.

🤣 I don't know if this sounds good or bad .... 🤣 But thanks will test that new version as soon as it arrives.

• Haha 1

quickmic
Just now, embyL0VER said:

🤣 I don't know if this sounds good or bad .... 🤣 But thanks will test that new version as soon as it arrives.

Well there shouldn't be any issues, I mean I haven't performed specific tests. "Any" was misleading 😉

quickmic

btw, I will not fix the issue just by installing new version. The timestamps will be stil present in DB. You need to mark watched/unwatched episodes again to update the database.

embyL0VER

Hm this doesn't seem to work. Have marked some episodes as watched/unwatched but same issue. Will now reinstall a 6.x version checking, and after that updating again to 7.x

• Like 1

quickmic

Hmm

Meanwhile I at least checked the last episodes played widget. Works here, but nothing else tested yet.

I'll continue review tomorrow. Maybe I still missed something, but one thing is for sure. The issue is related to the timestamps. The node just lists episodes based on timestamps:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="16" type="filter">
    <label>Recently played Episode</label>
    <match>all</match>
    <content>episodes</content>
    <icon>DefaultMusicRecentlyPlayed.png</icon>
    <rule field="tag" operator="is">
        <value>TV Shows</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

One more:

As the node just sorts by "lastplayed" means, also not fully watched (just progress/resume is set and playcount is still set to 0) will be listed here.

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER

Yes the lastplayed node seems to be working. But if you set for example the first episode of a series as watched than in the next up node/widget episode two will be shown. But if you than set the first episode as unwatched, normal behaviour should be that in the next up widget no episode of the series should be shown. But now you always see the first episode. But normally this shouldn't happen as the next up widget should think you haven't started the series yet. I'll test this again with 6.x version and it is working normally.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Yes the lastplayed node seems to be working. But if you set for example the first episode of a series as watched than in the next up node/widget episode two will be shown. But if you than set the first episode as unwatched, normal behaviour should be that in the next up widget no episode of the series should be shown. But now you always see the first episode. But normally this shouldn't happen as the next up widget should think you haven't started the series yet. I'll test this again with 6.x version and it is working normally.

I'll review that too. The next episode node is much more sophisticated and uses multiple filters (directly in the plugin code). It's not using stock Kodi functionalities cause Kodi is not capable doing so.

Could be an issue with the node itself or with database records.

DiscoDuck79

Here's what I saw during my tests during the morning. I'm using the synced nodes as my widgets without and additional modifications.

Recently played episodes takes quite a bit longer to populate the widget then the other nodes (I limited it to 5 eps since a majority of what's watched is tv shows).

Movies: When marking as watched the movie is correctly marked and timestamp moves it to most recently watched. When marking the same movie as unwatched it goes back to added date in the recently added list. All seems to be working good from what I can see.

Tv shows: If I have a show (XYZ) that I've seen all seasons (2) and episodes (10) of and mark show XYZ.S02E10 as unwatched. On Kodi the episode is marked as unwatched, but the season and the show is still marked as watched. On the server the episode, the season and the show is marked as it should. So here's there's probably some more adjustments needed.

On the synced nodes: All the nodes are in English except the next episode that's in Swedish. This is named Nästa avsnitt and contains pretty much every episode of all shows so it's not correct. In the dynamic nodes the Next episodes has the same content as the server displays, here I saw that some of the episodes are marked as watched on Kodi. Would love if you could create a sync for the Next episode so it could be used as a widget 😇