embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

New version available 7.0.5:

delta changelog:

fix watched/unwatched progress issue

embyL0VER

Since 7.0.2-build 34, advancedsettings file will be modified at startup and everytime deletes my custom progress update settings for video. So I can't set custom value for progressatend variable anymore. Please avoid editting advancedsettings file.

838Joel

First thanks for 7.0.5 to fix watched/unwatched issue. I was experimenting this since 7.0.2... But was ok in 7.0.2 Build 35...

Question, will this plugin work on Kodi 20? Anyone tried! Just curious if I will give a try to test the Alpha version of it!

Edited by 838Joel

tr0nllam
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please try 7.0.4.

Not 100% sure if the trakt issue is fixed.

The trakt problem is fixed, but it's marking the episode as unwatched in Emby when finished playing.

• Like 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, 838Joel said:

First thanks for 7.0.5 to fix watched/unwatched issue. I was experimenting this since 7.0.2... But was ok in 7.0.2 Build 35...

Question, will this plugin work on Kodi 20? Anyone tried! Just curious if I will give a try to test the Alpha version of it!

At least it was working on Kodi 20 a couple of weeks ago.

quickmic
4 hours ago, tr0nllam said:

The trakt problem is fixed, but it's marking the episode as unwatched in Emby when finished playing.

I'll check that.

quickmic
5 hours ago, tr0nllam said:

Have you tested 7.0.5 with as well?

quickmic
Just now, tr0nllam said:

Yes

Ok, cause I performed some tests. Currently I cannot find an issue. I'll continue review.

tr0nllam
Just now, quickmic said:

Ok, cause I performed some tests. Currently I cannot find an issue. I'll continue review.

It didn't just leave an item I watched as unwatched, it actually marked an item I had previously watched as unwatched after I watched it a second time.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
31 minutes ago, tr0nllam said:

It didn't just leave an item I watched as unwatched, it actually marked an item I had previously watched as unwatched after I watched it a second time.

Thanks, I think found the problem.

quickmic

New version available 7.0.6:

delta changelog:

fix watched/unwatch/progress updates

• Like 1

838Joel

Hi,

I tested 7.0.5 and was working fine on my Android TV. But I tried it tonight on a QNAP NAS, running Kodi 19.4, and everything over 7.0.2 Build 35 give and error after installing, I downgraded from 7.0.6 until 7.0.2 Build 35 before it does not give an error after the plugin is just installed! What could be different from Build 35 to 58?

I don't have log since this was not my NAS and was at another place... Just wanted to make it work!

quickmic
3 hours ago, 838Joel said:

Hi,

I tested 7.0.5 and was working fine on my Android TV. But I tried it tonight on a QNAP NAS, running Kodi 19.4, and everything over 7.0.2 Build 35 give and error after installing, I downgraded from 7.0.6 until 7.0.2 Build 35 before it does not give an error after the plugin is just installed! What could be different from Build 35 to 58?

I don't have log since this was not my NAS and was at another place... Just wanted to make it work!

Impossible to say what's wrong without a log. I'll compare 35 vs 58 but not sure if I find something odd.

Can anybody else confirm the issue and probably send me a log.

quickmic

new version available 7.0.7

delta changelog:

fix aspect ratio for chapter text overlays
minor watched/unwatched/progress updates change

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

838Joel
21 hours ago, quickmic said:

Impossible to say what's wrong without a log. I'll compare 35 vs 58 but not sure if I find something odd.

Can anybody else confirm the issue and probably send me a log.

Finally got the logs, installed 7.0.7 and got the same error again... Seems not able to connect to the server from 7.0.2 Build 58...

kodi.log

• Thanks 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, 838Joel said:

Finally got the logs, installed 7.0.7 and got the same error again... Seems not able to connect to the server from 7.0.2 Build 58...

kodi.log 117.71 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I see the problem. I'll fix it in next version.

Very odd that only QNAP is affected.

quickmic

New version available 7.0.8

delta changelog:

fix database threading issue for an egde case
add translations
fix QNAP database opening issue
fix watched/unwatched/progress updates for multiselection content
fix watched/unwatched/progress updates for slower devices (timing issue)

comment:

the alternative "use playback method from Emby server" is still not fully reliable. Just use it for test cases.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic

In the next days I'm about to release the latest version as beta.

Please let me know if any issues you experience.

Also has anybody tested with Apple TV?

838Joel
18 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, I see the problem. I'll fix it in next version.

Very odd that only QNAP is affected.

Yes very odd! I will test it as soon as I got a chance in the next couple days...

• Thanks 1

1moment

Hey quickmic!

Thanks for the excellent addon, I have been testing introskip lately from core and I cannot seem to get it working on Kodi with emby-next-gen. Currently I am trying plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.0.8.zip with kodi 19.4 and it seems to sync and play ok but episodes I have confirmed have chapter markers:

image.png.1fc191d5add87756453db6cd20652cd2.png

Are not providing a intro skip pop up button in kodi, but work fine in emby web player.  Here is a log file with playing this given video file until its intro sequence.

Thanks again!

kodi.log

quickmic
5 minutes ago, 1moment said:

Hey quickmic!

Thanks for the excellent addon, I have been testing introskip lately from core and I cannot seem to get it working on Kodi with emby-next-gen. Currently I am trying plugin.video.emby-next-gen-7.0.8.zip with kodi 19.4 and it seems to sync and play ok but episodes I have confirmed have chapter markers:

image.png.1fc191d5add87756453db6cd20652cd2.png

Are not providing a intro skip pop up button in kodi, but work fine in emby web player.  Here is a log file with playing this given video file until its intro sequence.

Thanks again!

kodi.log 76.61 kB · 0 downloads

At the moment only the chapters are synced but not the actual "jump" functionality.

I think also possible (for next releases) to implement this feature.

Edited by quickmic

1moment

Thanks for the clarification - in that case I believe I am only showing the 'IntroStart' marker and not 'IntroEnd' which I think won't be very useful?

image.thumb.png.4397ba8b4e4eb8eb2dc7043d99326e04.png

• Thanks 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, 1moment said:

Thanks for the clarification - in that case I believe I am only showing the 'IntroStart' marker and not 'IntroEnd' which I think won't be very useful?

image.thumb.png.4397ba8b4e4eb8eb2dc7043d99326e04.png

First I see the label is on the wrong position. Should be centered in the "box". Please go to the right-side edge/end of the bookmarks and check if it's there. Also compare bookmarks with Emby server WebUI and report if it differs.

Edited by quickmic