embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

Gizzmo80

Hi quickmic,

tryed to upgrade from  7.0.1-build 186 to 7.0.2-build 15 by manual upgrade. Did a complete reset first without setting reset, but after wizard the integration of the databases was starting but after minutes there was no progress. Sorry no logs at the moment, did a delete and fresh install 7.0.2-build 15 but the same.

So I went back to 7.0.1-build 186 and all fine at the moment.

Will try to find some time today and try again this time with log. The normal KODI log, right?

quickmic
10 minutes ago, Gizzmo80 said:

Hi quickmic,

tryed to upgrade from  7.0.1-build 186 to 7.0.2-build 15 by manual upgrade. Did a complete reset first without setting reset, but after wizard the integration of the databases was starting but after minutes there was no progress. Sorry no logs at the moment, did a delete and fresh install 7.0.2-build 15 but the same.

So I went back to 7.0.1-build 186 and all fine at the moment.

Will try to find some time today and try again this time with log. The normal KODI log, right?

Sounds like a sync bug. Yes please, normal log.

quickmic

Well I ASSUME you have either duplicate episodes/content or you have the same TVShow distributed in several folders.

In your case the issue is raised AFTER:

EMBY.core.movies: ADD movie [1/1/1] 97800: '71 - Hinter feindlichen Linien

Unfortunately the actual movie causing the issue it's not in the log.

You can check, if you don't see anything odd, no worries. The issue is raised by a "double" tagging. Could also be related to double-tagging by the plugin.

Gizzmo80

So you don‘t talk about episodes from series, also movies more than one file of the same?

Absolutely the same, no. There could be some 3D and none 3D titles but different folders and different filenames.

And this was working before the update and after I switched back to the older build. So should be an issue in the build 15.

• Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, Gizzmo80 said:

So you don‘t talk about episodes from series, also movies more than one file of the same?

Absolutely the same, no. There could be some 3D and none 3D titles but different folders and different filenames.

And this was working before the update and after I switched back to the older build. So should be an issue in the build 15.

I've uploaded a build 16 version. Please try it, thanks.

Gizzmo80
On 5/31/2022 at 2:41 PM, quickmic said:

I've uploaded a build 16 version. Please try it, thanks.

Thanks seems to be solved with build 16 😀

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available 7.0.2-build 34

delta changelog:

fix vaccum database
fix minor startup sync issue
fix music sync
add tvshowlinkpath
fix kodidb file create bug
terrible workaround for episode bookmarks due to a massive Kodi bug. The workaround is now even better than Kodi's stock bookmark implementation cause Kodis is completely broken. Also skip intro should work with this "fix".

Comment:
To benefit form the fixes, full DB reset is required

The chapter injection ONLY works if actual content has no native chapters included. Otherwise it would result in double bookmarks on Kodi.
Let me know, if I should change it. Currently some "magic" is involved to detect content chapters, separating from Emby bookmarks (set by user or plugins/settings).

Removing TVShows content is not too good tested yet. Let me know, if you experience any issues.

Several changes are related to music content sync. If you use music/audio content it's mandatory to reset your DB as well. Previous versions had some major bugs which already affects the music DB and it's out of sync even if you experienced no issues.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

wanderjarra

Good afternoon, I'm testing the 7.0.2-build 34 addon on the pc and I can't sync my library, it crashes a percentage and comes out of it. Here's the link to the log.

kodi.log

quickmic
2 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

Good afternoon, I'm testing the 7.0.2-build 34 addon on the pc and I can't sync my library, it crashes a percentage and comes out of it. Here's the link to the log.

kodi.log 116.58 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I see the problem. I'll fix it soon

quickmic
18 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

Thank you for your help.

I've uploaded build 35. Please try that one.

surge919

@quickmic to be clear, what is the expected behavior with items refreshing?

Sometimes new items don't appear until I exit and restart.
Are items supposed to update dynamically or should we use Update Library?

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, surge919 said:

@quickmic to be clear, what is the expected behavior with items refreshing?

Sometimes new items don't appear until I exit and restart.
Are items supposed to update dynamically or should we use Update Library?

New items should always appear no matter if Kodi is running. Next time this happens, send me a kodi.log (before you restart Kodi) and keep in mind what content (Movie name etc) was not synced.

I assume the skin just didn't refresh but it was synced.

• Thanks 1

surge919

would it be possible to show the build instead of simply the version?
when checking the addon info, it says Version: 7.0.2
it would be helpful if it would show Version: 7.0.2-build 35

If not, how can we tell which build is installed?

thanks

wanderjarra

Works, made the sync, now I'll test better to see if it's playing or I have a specific bug. I put the log in case you want to see any errors I didn't notice.

Thanks for your attention and quick help.

kodi.log

quickmic
23 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

Works, made the sync, now I'll test better to see if it's playing or I have a specific bug. I put the log in case you want to see any errors I didn't notice.

kodi.log 1.89 MB · 0 downloads

Well, the log seems alright. I'll check how the previous issue could happen. I know exactly the issue, but actually this should never appear.

The plugin tried to assign twice the same actor (person) to a movie. Actually this should never be the case and didn't for my movie library (around 8000) movies.

This cannot be just pure luck I was not affected.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
34 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

kodi.log 1.89 MB · 1 download

Please check if this movie "Maze Runner: Prova de Fogo" has two similar actors assigned on Emby server (Metadata manager).

wanderjarra

image.thumb.png.141e07fe99081a61ce4b6753e8766e03.png

Found.

I can delete an actor, or make a new scrap and see what appears. What is your suggestion ?

• Thanks 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, wanderjarra said:

image.thumb.png.141e07fe99081a61ce4b6753e8766e03.png

Found.

I can delete an actor, or make a new scrap and see what appears. What is your suggestion ?

Actually it's good, that my assumption was correct and you found the duplicate actor record. Otherwise I really had to think what else could raise this issue.

You can just delete one actor record on emby. Plugin will stay synced.

Edited by quickmic

jonomite

Does Emby for Kodi support video previews while seeking? Relatedly, will it support the new skip intro function that was recently rolled out with Emby server stable? Thanks! 

quickmic
9 hours ago, jonomite said:

Relatedly, will it support the new skip intro function that was recently rolled out with Emby server stable?

Not sure what was rolled out, do you mean this plugin ?

If yes, it is supported cause it actually inserts bookmarks and bookmarks are synced with the latest 7.x version (if no native chapters are included).

Does Emby for Kodi support video previews while seeking?

I assume not, please send me a screenshot. But I think is is probably a Kodi feature for native content only.

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Not sure what was rolled out, do you mean this plugin ?

If yes, it is supported cause it actually inserts bookmarks and bookmarks are synced with the latest 7.x version (if no native chapters are included).

I assume not, please send me a screenshot. But I think is is probably a Kodi feature for native content only.

So there are new chapter marker types the core has introduced for chapter points.

MarkerType.Chapter - Standard chapter point that you will see in your UI.

MarkerType.IntroStart - This is just a trigger for for displaying the Intro Skip UI Button 

MarkerType.IntroEnd - This is just a trigger for for removeing the Intro Skip UI Button

MarkerType.CreditStart - Currently this is being beta tested on Android TV.  And it it's ties in the Play Next Episode pop up.  however it will be used to skip the credits.

Currently the plugin and the core are working together to move the intros across to the core and get the editior in place.  Both the Plugin and the core are inserting these markers. So if Kodi supports and can utilise these (available from the api) then sure there is no reason why not.

http://${SERVER_ADDRESS}:${SERVER_PORT}/emby/Users/${USERID}/Items?Fields=Chapters&Ids=${ITEMID}&api_key=${APIKEY}

You should get a return like this in the JSON Object

"Chapters": [
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 0,
          "Name": "Title Sequence",
          "ImageTag": "b039ed5e7c607008c8e0143c570c9272",
          "MarkerType": "Chapter",
          "ChapterIndex": 0
        },
        {
          "StartPositionTicks": 0,
          "ImageTag": "b039ed5e7c607008c8e0143c570c9272",