embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

embyL0VER

Yes I get your point quickmic, it's no offense to you.

I try 

for tvshow - series:

emby primary = kodi poster

emby thumb = kodi landscape

emby logo = kodi clearlogo

emby banner = kodi banner

emby backdrop/background = kodi fanart and kodi fanartxx

for tvshow seasons:

emby primary = kodi season poster 

for episodes :

emby primary = kodi episode thumb

I think the tricky part is that for episodes some views / widgets needs the emby episode thumb but sometimes need the emby series thumb. And yeah if you want to copy the look/behaviour exactly like emby than for episode views/widgets in kodi which are using "emby tvshow thumb / Kodi landscape" the fallback for should be "emby tvshow backdrop/background = kodi fanart". But don't know if this is so easy to handle.

Do you mean a overview like this? (will try to look further into it)

Used this link  as reference 

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
38 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Yes I get your point quickmic, it's no offense to you.

I try 

for tvshow - series:

emby primary = kodi poster

emby thumb = kodi landscape

emby logo = kodi clearlogo

emby banner = kodi banner

emby backdrop/background = kodi fanart and kodi fanartxx

for tvshow seasons:

emby primary = kodi season poster 

for episodes :

emby primary = kodi episode thumb

I think the tricky part is that for episodes some views / widgets needs the emby episode thumb but sometimes need the emby series thumb.

Also posted the current artwork config but here again:

ImageTagsMapping = {
    "Series": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb', 'landscape')},
    "Season": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "Episode": {'Primary': ('thumb', 'poster', 'landscape'), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "Movie": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb', 'landscape')},
    "BoxSet": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb', 'landscape')},
    "Video": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "MusicArtist": {'Primary': ('thumb', 'poster'), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "MusicAlbum": {'Primary': ('thumb', 'poster'), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "Audio": {'Primary': ('thumb', 'poster'), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "MusicVideo": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "Photo": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "PhotoAlbum": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "Folder": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "TvChannel": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb',)},
    "Trailer": {'Primary': ('poster',), "Art": ('clearart',), "Banner": ('banner',), "Disc": ('discart',), "Logo": ('clearlogo',), "Thumb": ('thumb', 'landscape')}
}

For "array definitions",  Emby artwork is assigned to multiple Kodi artwork. e.g. for Series:

""Thumb": ('thumb', 'landscape')" mean "Emby thumb" is assigned to "Kodi thumb" AND "Kodi landscape".

This is the plugin "default artwork definition", but there are some "fallbacks" (exceptions defined). They are...

for ALL content artwork:

1. if no "Kodi thumb" available, use "Kodi poster" as fallback.

2. if no "Kodi thumb" and no "Kodi poster" available, use "Kodi fanart" as fallback.

for episodes (NEW in 7.7.7):

3. re-assign "Kodi episode poster" if "Emby series primary" is available.

This means  the (Kodi poster) definition for episodes:

"Episode": {'Primary': ('thumb', 'poster', 'landscape')

is by 99.9% overwritten by "Emby series primary":

episode:

"Kodi thumb" = "Emby episode primary"

"Kodi poster" = "Emby series primary" (overwritten)

"Kodi landscape" = "Emby episode primary"

"Emby backdrops" are assigned "Kodi's Fanart & Fanart XXX"

Your suggestion of artwork assignment is already covered.

EDIT:

finally, ALSO skin uses fallbacks if no artwork available.

That's why I also mentioned, you need exactly know what's going on, how your skin works, what artwork is available, what should be shown based on you listview mode and what is the actual artwork displayed.

This is not something I'll do for each and every skin. That's up users.

Ps, fyi:

I skipped the fallback definitions for music content at this point.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
40 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

This thread is what kind of images should be loaded into Emby server but this is a different topic. What counts is what you have on Emby server at the moment. This is the screenshot I posted. Emby: primary, logo, thumb, banner, disc, art, backdrops.

If artwork is already "wrong" on Emby server, it's no the plugins fault.

5 hours ago, quickmic said:

NEIN

kudos, I don't know what's going on, but I thought we were in beta status and you were happy to hear anything. No idea why they ever changed it in the first place, always worked fine in the 6 version and years before. It's treated the same way in Emby. Notice though it's a red flag and they don't look at it anymore.

Too bad

quickmic
1 minute ago, Seger said:

kudos, I don't know what's going on, but I thought we were in beta status and you were happy to hear anything. No idea why they ever changed it in the first place, always worked fine in the 6 version and years before. It's treated the same way in Emby. Notice though it's a red flag and they don't look at it anymore.

Too bad

6.X was not respecting the Kodi "standards". 7.x does and that's the way to go. I would say it was a "bug" in 6.x and should never appear in the first place like it was in 6.x.

Just now, quickmic said:

6.X respektierte die Kodi "Standards" nicht. 7.x tut es und das ist der richtige Weg. Ich würde sagen, es war ein "Bug" in 6.x und sollte überhaupt nicht so auftauchen wie in 6.x.

And neither does the Emby web interface and the versions before 6. which has now worked for everyone for years and looked great. In Emby, they certainly don't do that because they're deliberately going for the bug, because it just looks much smoother and more coherent. but well, you obviously want it to be different from emby.

quickmic

Beta means fixing bugs, but this isn't a bug at all. It's done on purpose.

As mentioned couple of times. I was willing to change the artwork on a GLOBAL base for all episode nodes (what I actually did).

Now it's reported artwork is "still wrong". Therefore I mentioned I stop artwork modification due to a lag of proper issue infos.

quickmic
Just now, Seger said:

And neither does the Emby web interface and the versions before 6. which has now worked for everyone for years and looked great. In Emby, they certainly don't do that because they're deliberately going for the bug, because it just looks much smoother and more coherent. but well, you obviously want it to be different from emby.

You cannot expect a 1:1 view in Kodi. Kodi is not Emby.

i never asked them to change anything to global, i first posted what i saw as a "mistake" a few days ago and wanted a consistent picture to Emby, but they don't want that. in my post it was always about the next episode view, which is obviously displayed differently. no idea who destroyed their mood, but it can't have been me in the short time.

quickmic

I have changed due to your request the GLOBAL Kodi episode poster to series what works exactly as you wish. I tested all views including next up. If you select poster, the series artwork is shown. I really don't know, what else I should do.

If it's still "wrong" you want something different as a modified poster view. Maybe (and once again I'm guessing due to lag of input) chaning the thumbnail view?

If so, I will defiantly wont do this, cause it will break every other episode view.

Edited by quickmic

Ich habe sie nie gebeten, etwas auf global zu ändern oder am POSTER ich habe einen Screenshot gesendet und auf dem ist zu sehen, dass nicht das Fanart angezeigt wird (querformat). Ich habe geschrieben: 

I don't know, but my problem was probably not understood, they were talking past us, but there's no reason to go off the deep end here after such a short time. above you write that it only takes a short time and is no effort and now everything sucks, everyone has a different wish and you talk about only sorting out bugs.

quickmic
Just now, Seger said:

Ich habe sie nie gebeten, etwas auf global zu ändern oder am POSTER ich habe einen Screenshot gesendet und auf dem ist zu sehen, dass nicht das Fanart angezeigt wird (querformat). Ich habe geschrieben: 

Same, I'll not change thumbnail to fanart on a global episode base. It will also break everything. You want that a single node (the next up node) should handle episodes artwork in a different way. This is something I will not do. If you want that series artwork, change the view.

That's not hard. I really don't know what is the problem.

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Gleiches gilt, ich werde das Thumbnail nicht auf globaler Episodenbasis in Fanart ändern. Es wird auch alles kaputt gehen. Sie möchten, dass ein einzelner Knoten (der nächsthöhere Knoten) Episodengrafiken auf andere Weise handhabt. Das werde ich nicht tun. Wenn Sie das Bild der Serie möchten, ändern Sie die Ansicht.

Das ist nicht schwer. Ich weiß wirklich nicht, was das Problem ist.

Show it to us, embuary skin, landscape format and the episodes are displayed as fanart as a fallback, which also takes place in emby and in Kodi since e4k (I don't know for 4 years). congratulations, you have found a bug that everyone wants to enter and also in emby. honestly don't understand you, it just looks totally unstable. But tastes are different and you are the master of the addon. It's a pity they did it and that's that.

quickmic

btw, I'm sure there are many more ways to do this, but I'm not using Embuary skin. I'm not an expert for each and every skin in Kodi's world, but I know they all use the same pattern.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
58 minutes ago, Seger said:

congratulations, you have found a bug that everyone wants to enter and also in emby. honestly don't understand you

The video shows how to assign a custom node. I stop the discussion at this level with you.

good video, but if you do not go to poster but to wide, exactly that should then yes show the fanart and that just does not happen, there the thumb is displayed... in version 6 just not and also not earlier ... You always talk about posters and I talk about wide, as you can see in Emby and in my screenshots ;-)

Hi,

im very new to emby, im using atm emby for kodi next gen 7.7.7, and it seems i ran into a bug....

emby for kodi next gen runs in addon mode....

If i delete a library file using the server web-interface the file will be removed from the emby database. Kodi itself get info about this, but (the emby plugin) it will hang in an infinite loop, and the item will not be deleted from the local database. This will happend on Kodi 19.4 (Windows) and also Kodi 19.5-rcx (coreelec).

The Emby addon stay forever with "Emby: MusicAlbum 100%"...

kodi-error.thumb.JPG.62bebb6af09b7f6148bf45cd20b3c390.JPG

Repairing the library does not work, only if i "hard"-Reset the emby plugin.

Greetings

Andreas

Kodi Log and a Image included.

Andreaskodi.log

• Like 1

quickmic
5 hours ago, Andy2k said:

Hi,

im very new to emby, im using atm emby for kodi next gen 7.7.7, and it seems i ran into a bug....

emby for kodi next gen runs in addon mode....

If i delete a library file using the server web-interface the file will be removed from the emby database. Kodi itself get info about this, but (the emby plugin) it will hang in an infinite loop, and the item will not be deleted from the local database. This will happend on Kodi 19.4 (Windows) and also Kodi 19.5-rcx (coreelec).

The Emby addon stay forever with "Emby: MusicAlbum 100%"...

kodi-error.thumb.JPG.62bebb6af09b7f6148bf45cd20b3c390.JPG

Repairing the library does not work, only if i "hard"-Reset the emby plugin.

Greetings

Andreas

Kodi Log and a Image included.

Andreaskodi.log

Thanks for reporting. This issue seems to be related to music albums. I'll review the issue, btw. Do you recall what exactly was deleted or more important. Was there anything "special"? I performed lots of tests with music content but never ran into that issue. Seems I missed a case.

Edited by quickmic

Hi,

thanks for reviewing this issue. There was not really something "special"...i accidently moved one album on file system level out of the folder structure, the kodi clients was not running this time. Than i removed this album from emby via the web interface. After this Kodi ran into this issue....rescanning the library does not help.

I saw the same issue a few days ago (with 7.7.6), as im still working on my music library i was playing around with the folder structure / folder naming /tagging, i think i moved some albums out of the library path this time. Within emby  a rescan of the library was enough to  fix it, but the kodi clients ran into the same issue like the one above.

Around the testing i found also another issue in Windows Kodi Clients: very few of my mp3's (some from my "old" file sharing time;)) had ultra long "genre" tags...this caused a problem in adding the music library to a kodi windows client (addon mode) because the ...\Kodi\userdata\library\music\emby_music_Musik\genres\"genre".xml runs far behind the 260char limit from windows. No issue on Linux/Coreelec clients. I was able to add the libraries in native mode ( 7.7.5) on the windows client, but than updating the plugin failes with error cause of a missing "genre".xml

And finaly i observed some other things. In my first setup i tried to add the data folder via smb path to the library. This worked, but caused a ultra slow image loading (~ one per second) when i browse my libraries on kodi. Finaly i moved over to local library pathes where i mounted my NAS folder via nfs. The image loadings is really fast, faster than before with mysql setup. But the Windows client is still far behind with the loading time of media images compared to the coreelec clients. 

Andreas

quickmic
23 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

Hi,

thanks for reviewing this issue. There was not really something "special"...i accidently moved one album on file system level out of the folder structure, the kodi clients was not running this time. Than i removed this album from emby via the web interface. After this Kodi ran into this issue....rescanning the library does not help.

I saw the same issue a few days ago (with 7.7.6), as im still working on my music library i was playing around with the folder structure / folder naming /tagging, i think i moved some albums out of the library path this time. Within emby  a rescan of the library was enough to  fix it, but the kodi clients ran into the same issue like the one above.

I was not able to reproduce the issue but I reviewed the code and found the problem. Not sure how you managed to trigger this issue, anyway it's clearly a a bug in the code.

Will be fixed in next version.

quickmic
27 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

Around the testing i found also another issue in Windows Kodi Clients: very few of my mp3's (some from my "old" file sharing time;)) had ultra long "genre" tags...this caused a problem in adding the music library to a kodi windows client (addon mode) because the ...\Kodi\userdata\library\music\emby_music_Musik\genres\"genre".xml runs far behind the 260char limit from windows. No issue on Linux/Coreelec clients. I was able to add the libraries in native mode ( 7.7.5) on the windows client, but than updating the plugin failes with error cause of a missing "genre".xml

Makes totally sense, I forgot to limit the number of character for the genre nodes. I'll add the limit in next version.

quickmic
1 hour ago, Andy2k said:

And finaly i observed some other things. In my first setup i tried to add the data folder via smb path to the library. This worked, but caused a ultra slow image loading (~ one per second) when i browse my libraries on kodi. Finaly i moved over to local library pathes where i mounted my NAS folder via nfs. The image loadings is really fast, faster than before with mysql setup. But the Windows client is still far behind with the loading time of media images compared to the coreelec clients. 

That's a toughy.

Keeping things straight here. By "data" folder you really mean the complete Kodi data folder? This includes almost everything from Kodi.

If you really wanna debug this (cause this is not a plugin issue), you need to know what actually causes the delays.

I assume it's the databases you outsourced. But this needs review on your setup.

e.g. keep the databases locally and check performance.

continue for each folder -> keeping local -> till you found the performance issue.

I know lot of work, but that's the price to pay if you wanna really wanna know what causes the issue.

Even if the delay is identified, there is guarantee that I can do anything from Kodi/plugin side to increase the performance.

Edited by quickmic