embyforkodi (next-gen) 7.X.X support

quickmic

LichenKing

@quickmicYes I have tested it stock. Like I said before it was working before in Kodi 19.2 and a previous edition of 6.x.x. When support was fixed for cinemode this broke at some point.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Discs#Blu-ray_playback_mode

There is three options in Kodi

• Blu-ray menu (this launches the Java JVM and loads the Blu-ray menu system, does not work on Android platform and NOT what I am trying to report.)
  • Simplifed menu (this is a regular Kodi context menu to select a playlist title, this is what is broken, playback should be paused with the context menu, it crashes Kodi)
  • Main movie (this opens the ISO container directly, no issue with Kodi or Emby, playback works)
Edited by LichenKing
  • Like 1

quickmic
11 minutes ago, LichenKing said:

@quickmicYes I have tested it stock. Like I said before it was working before in Kodi 19.2 and a previous edition of 6.x.x. When support was fixed for cinemode this broke at some point.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Discs#Blu-ray_playback_mode

There is three options in Kodi

• Blu-ray menu (this launches the Java JVM and loads the Blu-ray menu system, does not work on Android platform and NOT what I am trying to report.)
  • Simplifed menu (this is a regular Kodi context menu to select a playlist title, this is what is broken, playback should be paused with the context menu, it crashes Kodi)
  • Main movie (this opens the ISO container directly, no issue with Kodi or Emby, playback works)

Sorry, I misread the posing the first time, now it's clear, thanks.

quickmic

I found a bug in 7.5.2.

In some (edge) cases, to many items are removed from database and goes out of sync. This happens only if content is removed by folder on Emby server and just for special cases.

Will be fixed in next version.

Backgound info. Emby server reports in case of moved or removed folder not the deleted item (ids), it reports the deleted folder (ids). Therefore the folder sync was added in one of the last versions. Now the plugin can search for all items which belongs to the folder.

Unfortunately, there is a "wildcard search" bug.

e.g.

/folder/Terminator/movie.mkv

/folder/Terminator 2/movie.mkv

/folder/Terminator 3/movie.mkv

If "/folder/Terminator" was removed the plugin searches for all "/folder/Terminator*" items and that's wrong.

It should search for "/folder/Terminator/*", otherwise "Terminator 2" and "Terminator 3" is removed too.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic

I noticed several errors, some appeared to be skin related, others I have no clue what drives the error

When I run fanart cache, 100% completed the process doen't seens to closed and on restart is displayed emby update

Log

Kodi log

screenshot00003.png

screenshot00005.png

t123thomas

I just restarted Kodi the message Emby Processing updating comes up and stay at zero % and remain for almost he entire time that played 1hr movies

• Like 1

DarWun

I just updated to Emby for Kodi Next-gen 7.5.2 to give it a whirl on LibreElec 10.0.2. Next Up using the the Embuary Skin is showing episodes for tv series episodes that have been marked as played in Emby. This is not an issue using using Emby for Kodi Next-gen 6.x versions.

Let me know what information I can provide to help troubleshoot this. Would the Kodi logs be useful in this instance?

Edited to add: I spent the last 30 minutes or so marking the played episodes that showed up in the Next Up list as watched in Emby for Kodi. Eventually I got to the point where the episodes in the list are for shows that are actually unwatched. If shows previously marked as watched start showing up in the list again, I'll report back.

Edited by DarWun

quickmic
6 hours ago, t123thomas said:

I just restarted Kodi the message Emby Processing updating comes up and stay at zero % and remain for almost he entire time that played 1hr movies

There is a issue reported in the log. The only time I saw this was, when I connected to two (or more) Emby servers. Then removed the settings but not cleaned the database. I think this is not the case in your setup, but probably you removed a library from Emby server? The could cause the same issue.

As a workaround, you must manually delete the database files from Kodi.

I'll fix it in next version too.

quickmic
3 hours ago, DarWun said:

I just updated to Emby for Kodi Next-gen 7.5.2 to give it a whirl on LibreElec 10.0.2. Next Up using the the Embuary Skin is showing episodes for tv series episodes that have been marked as played in Emby. This is not an issue using using Emby for Kodi Next-gen 6.x versions.

Let me know what information I can provide to help troubleshoot this. Would the Kodi logs be useful in this instance?

Edited to add: I spent the last 30 minutes or so marking the played episodes that showed up in the Next Up list as watched in Emby for Kodi. Eventually I got to the point where the episodes in the list are for shows that are actually unwatched. If shows previously marked as watched start showing up in the list again, I'll report back.

Thanks for reporting, I think this is related to NextUp plugin or did you mean just the list?

I'll perform some tests, and try to fix it in next version (If i can reproduce the issue). The plugin makes some assumptions on the progress reports (from Kodi). Maybe there is something wrong in combination with Embuary.

Let me know, if you have instructions how to trigger the issue on a pattern.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Pejamas
11 hours ago, t123thomas said:

After my server updated to 4.8.0.5 this afternoon this is happening with me too, nothing has been changed library wise.

• Like 1

quickmic
44 minutes ago, Pejamas said:

After my server updated to 4.8.0.5 this afternoon this is happening with me too, nothing has been changed library wise.

ok, I haven't updated yet. Still on 4.8.0.3. I'll update in the afternoon, and check.

DarWun
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for reporting, I think this is related to NextUp plugin or did you mean just the list?

I'll perform some tests, and try to fix it in next version (If i can reproduce the issue). The plugin makes some assumptions on the progress reports (from Kodi). Maybe there is something wrong in combination with Embuary.

Let me know, if you have instructions how to trigger the issue on a pattern.

Sorry for the confusion. This is just the list of NextUp episodes. I don't have the NextUp plugin installed.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

ok, I haven't updated yet. Still on 4.8.0.3. I'll update in the afternoon, and check.

Yes the issue is related to 4.8.0.4 and above.

The LibraryIds has changed in these Emby versions. (Luke already informed me). I'm testing if the new LibraryIDs have any side effects to the plugin.

For users: You need to perform a FULL database reset. If this is not working via plugin config menu, delete the following files manually:

/userdata/Database/emby_XXXX.*

/userdata/Database/MyMusic*

/userdata/Database/MyVideo*

The plugin will use the new Ids after the database reset. If there are any issues, I can switch to old Ids but I wanna keep the new ones if possibe.

quickmic
Just now, quickmic said:

Yes the issue is related to 4.8.0.4 and above.

The LibraryIds has changed in these Emby versions. (Luke already informed me). I'm testing if the new LibraryIDs have any side effects to the plugin.

For users: You need to perform a FULL database reset. If this is not working via plugin config menu, delete the following files manually:

/userdata/Database/emby_XXXX.*

/userdata/Database/MyMusic*

/userdata/Database/MyVideo*

The plugin will use the new Ids after the database reset. If there are any issues, I can switch to old Ids but I wanna keep the new ones if possibe.

I forgot to mention, I'll fix the issue that new Ids results in a plugin crash without a DB reset.

quickmic

Also the nodes needs a reset (if you deleted the db files manually). Plugins config menu -> sync -> nodes reset

t123thomas

Installed 7.x on windows

I noticed when I played a movie at first click it will not display an error message on second click it will play

I have captured two logs which shows some errors, I will report any other issues as they came to light

let me know if you wish to test any specific function.

log1

log2

Yuvaraj

Sir, I use emby 6.2.20 and I Cant choose external subtitiles , it didnot listed at all (Which is in the Same folder and Same name of the video File) , now I tried 7.5.2 also. Same thing i faced. It didnot listed. (In Kodi Server, I can play External Srt file, but Kodi Usually buffer a lot). Kindly provide solution for this Problem. 

Edited by Yuvaraj

t123thomas

Installed on LE Kodi 19

played few files , below are logs few errors,

I will post more logs if I noticed any that is usual

log1

log2

• Like 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, Yuvaraj said:

Sir, I use emby 6.2.20 and I Cant choose external subtitiles , it didnot listed at all (Which is in the Same folder and Same name of the video File) , now I tried 7.5.2 also. Same thing i faced. It didnot listed. (In Kodi Server, I can play External Srt file, but Kodi Usually buffer a lot). Kindly provide solution for this Problem. 

Well, please send me a kodi.log after you initiated playback of a subtitle file.

Generally, the external subtitles are loaded to Kodi, but not default enabled (also based on Kodi settings). Have you checked if you the subtitles are enabled (Kodi's playback taskbar)?

quickmic
15 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

cache all artwork is very slow anyway to improve the speed , it was fast in 6.2.15

You can choose more threads for artwork caching in plugins config menu. 5 is default up to 25 possible, BUT. Everything above 5 may cause crashes on low power devices. On PCs should be save to increase the threads.

quickmic
5 hours ago, t123thomas said:

logApology for many logs

Windows 10

Kodi 19

E4K 7.15

Titan Skin

Log

This log shows a bug when removing so called "stacked" (multiversion) movies. I'll fix it in next version (I'll release it today).

Edited by quickmic

Yuvaraj
28 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, please send me a kodi.log after you initiated playback of a subtitle file.

Generally, the external subtitles are loaded to Kodi, but not default enabled (also based on Kodi settings). Have you checked if you the subtitles are enabled (Kodi's playback taskbar)?

Sir , the Subtitles didnot even exist in emby for kodi. Suppose if i play from kodi server (upnp) , then the same named subtitles automatically showned in the player subtitile list. But in emby for next gen it didnot listed. 

quickmic
1 minute ago, Yuvaraj said:

Sir , the Subtitles didnot even exist in emby for kodi. Suppose if i play from kodi server (upnp) , then the same named subtitles automatically showned in the player subtitile list. But in emby for next gen it didnot listed. 

Are you using native or addon mode?