A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Good morning Eigeplackter...

1) You are right about the save button. I will fix it today so that when you save it doesn't exit if you have multiple files. I will also add a return button.

2) I will make the password field asterisks - great idea

3) please give me more detail on your second idea ("if I bulk edit lots of new movies")

4) The DTS,Dolby Digital (Plus) is what the Emby object provides. I will look again for "Number of Channels"

As always, great ideas.  I will fix things today

Vic

VicMoore

Pmac, the thanks go to you.  You found important things that needed to be fixed.

Thanks again, Vic

• Like 1

@VicMoore, is there a way we could have an option to filter based on whether the item has a tag or not?

As in "Has Tag(s) = TRUE / Has Tag(s) = FALSE"

I'm trying to add fairly fine-grained organization based on tags, but it would be nice to be able to check whether I've missed any titles, as well as filtering by "Has Tag(s) = FALSE" would allow me to easily find any new items that I may not have got around to tagging yet.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Pmac, you can do that now in the standard filter:

image.png.043ea3db7226b7e89523086c65fd2ac0.png

Vic

Thanks, somehow I'd missed that!

Eigeplackter
3 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Eigeplackter...

3) please give me more detail on your second idea ("if I bulk edit lots of new movies")

4) The DTS,Dolby Digital (Plus) is what the Emby object provides. I will look again for "Number of Channels"

Thank you Vic for the quick fix.

Save button works fine !

To answer your question:

I'm too lazy to tag every single file I backup to disk. so I come back someday, when I'm in the mood, filter for "Date added" and "Descending" and start tagging (magnified):

image.thumb.png.9b40a3e2863c3577a7a03ad4c3cf295c.png

As you can see it's quite easy to bulk edit those 4 movies with tag "FullHD 1080p", and obviously I could tag em with "Dolby" and "DTS".

But that's just me, I tag the sound with "DTS x.x" and "Dolby Digital x.x".

I doubt this is something you have to fix, it's just that the iconic image enhancer @roakudoes not offer Images depending on channels.

But therefore I can now utilize the save button and do it one by one w/o reapplying filters.

Thanks again.

Edited by Eigeplackter

15 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

iconic image enhancer @roakudoes not offer Images depending on channels.

You should be able to do this with a MediaStream rule and the ChannelLayout property.

If you need more help, please ask in the Iconic support thread.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again for your work on this tool @VicMoore, I've only used it for a couple of days, but it's already come in very handy for me.
I have one request, though I'm not sure exactly how it would be handled in the UI...

It would be very helpful to me if there were a way to filter and select (for bulk edit) multiple episodes across my entire TV collection.

I'd like to be able to somehow select all EPISODES that contain a certain term in their filename, regardless of which show/season they're from. The tool would need a method of searching an entire library, including inside subfolders (show/season folders) from within the root library folder.

Currently, to edit episodes they need to be selected/filtered from within the season folder, which makes it a very slow process if I'd like to apply tags to my entire television library (I'd need to go through each individual season folder, one at a time - add custom filter - edit/add tag to filtered episodes - repeat on next season, and then next show, etc.).

I hope I'm being clear enough; it's kind of difficult to describe what I mean exactly.

Edit: I know there's a recursive search option, but this option doesn't exist for custom filters.

Edited by pmac

When doing a custom filter on TV shows, framerate says undefined, and nothing happens if I try to filter, for example 30fps?

Also, the prev and next buttons don't appear to do anything?

VicMoore

Pmac...

You can select multiple TV series (use ctl-click because they are folders) and then bulk edit them to add tags.  I do this all the time for virtualTV.  I select all of the TV series that I want to see on channel 1 and then bulk edit them to add the tag "channel-1".  I also do this to remove "played" from all of the series.

Vic

14 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Pmac...

You can select multiple TV series (use ctl-click because they are folders) and then bulk edit them to add tags.  I do this all the time for virtualTV.  I select all of the TV series that I want to see on channel 1 and then bulk edit them to add the tag "channel-1".  I also do this to remove "played" from all of the series.

Vic

Can I use this method to apply a custom filter at the episode-level? I don't want to tag series, or seasons - just individual episodes. I'm trying to bulk tag the audio/video codecs on individual episodes. 

VicMoore

No Ninko, you are not being ignored. I just had several things I started and needed to finish. I have been trying to duplicate your problem. I have no trouble using the custom filter on episodes.  Just select a bunch of episodes, click filter, then Custom. The Prev and Next buttons apply the custom filter to each of the selected episodes.  

Are you using the latest code?

vic

VicMoore

Pmac...

You can apply the Custom filter on episodes.  Go to a TV Series, then apply

image.png.4be4f130433e897d1ba7deb567cf0a6a.png

This filter selects all of the episodes for the series. Now select them all with Shift-click.  Now click Filter and then Custom. The custom filter will now apply to all of the selected episodes.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I just added a Global filter. It allows you to select items across the Emby libraries based on a common tag.

Give it a try.  It's not fully debugged yet, so let me know if it works as expected.

Vic

39 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

No Ninko, you are not being ignored. I just had several things I started and needed to finish. I have been trying to duplicate your problem. I have no trouble using the custom filter on episodes.  Just select a bunch of episodes, click filter, then Custom. The Prev and Next buttons apply the custom filter to each of the selected episodes.  

Are you using the latest code?

vic

Can you not just go into the TV shows library and filter everything like you can with the movies library then?

I'm not sure we are understanding each other here.

How do you custom filter the WHOLE TV shows library?

3 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Pmac...

You can apply the Custom filter on episodes.  Go to a TV Series, then apply

image.png.4be4f130433e897d1ba7deb567cf0a6a.png

This filter selects all of the episodes for the series. Now select them all with Shift-click.  Now click Filter and then Custom. The custom filter will now apply to all of the selected episodes.

Vic

Great, thanks! If I do this from the TV library level (not within a show) it brings up every episode on my system, which I can then apply a custom filter to :)

VicMoore

Ninko...

Go to the TV folder and use the following filter:

image.png.bbafa3ab18958620e7b90867902fb2df.png

Then select everything (shift-click) and go to the Custom Filter.  Now this will select every TV episode that you have, so it will take time.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

Attached is the latest code.  I made a number of changes to the custom filter and I added a new Global filter.

Vic

tool_3.4.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Ninko...

Go to the TV folder and use the following filter:

image.png.bbafa3ab18958620e7b90867902fb2df.png

Then select everything (shift-click) and go to the Custom Filter.  Now this will select every TV episode that you have, so it will take time.

Vic

Ah right, maybe that's the problem, I'm doing this on a tablet, I'm not sure you can do a shift-click can you.

VicMoore

Ninko...

I don't have a tablet, so I can't test what you are doing. Please let me know how it turns out.

Vic