A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Cheesegeezer
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Possibly related to CORS ? (Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) is a browser mechanism which enables controlled access to resources located outside of a given domain.)

If you use the plugin within the container/vm itself (if possible) - do the images then show ?

Nope no big bright yellow text in the console lol 😂 

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

Junglejim
2 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Possibly related to CORS ? (Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) is a browser mechanism which enables controlled access to resources located outside of a given domain.)

If you use the plugin within the container/vm itself (if possible) - do the images then show ?

The only way I can access the container is via webapp or ssh, may nas is headless. Other plugins seem to work ok in bridged mode.

I can add "network_mode: host" to my stack and rebuild the container to see if that helps.

rbjtech
1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

The only way I can access the container is via webapp or ssh, may nas is headless. Other plugins seem to work ok in bridged mode.

I can add "network_mode: host" to my stack and rebuild the container to see if that helps.

I wouldn't change it for the moment - the Plugin needs to accomodate Docker for sure.    I'm sure Vic and Dave will have a fix to try.. ;)

Junglejim
11 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Ahhh i see, yeah it’s attempting to get address from 172.xxx etc. Hmmm, that looks like a bug and should use the manual address in the serverinfo shown in the console. As it then getsa new address. Is that your remote ip for the server? 

192.168.20.100 is the static IP on my network that I access my NAS with, from there each container is accessed via its port 8096 in this case. With bridged mode it then usually gets directed the the docker container ip 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

Edited by Junglejim

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

I wouldn't change it for the moment - the Plugin needs to accomodate Docker for sure.    I'm sure Vic and Dave will have a fix to try.. ;)

it should be easy to fix, its just what address is being used. There are 2 addresses available in Jim’s console and it’s choosing the wrong one.

@Junglejimis that 172.xxx your emby remote IP? 

3327A1E7-F9B0-4D2D-90BF-45E91864024D.thumb.jpeg.d3ac7d63c7fca91f6e4b16cbd18ad9b4.jpeg

Edited by GrimReaper
Hid remote IP

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

192.168.20.100 is the static IP on my network that I access my NAS with, from there each container is accessed via its port 8096 in this case. With bridged mode it than usually gets directed the the docker container ip 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

Right might need you to do some testing then. I may need some refactoring to use the ApiClient. GetImages and let deal with the backend rather than sending raw api calls. I’ll check the code now.

Junglejim
2 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

it should be easy to fix, its just what address is being used. There are 2 addresses available in Jim’s console and it’s choosing the wrong one.

@Junglejimis that 172.xxx your emby remote IP? 

As you can see by the webapp address "http://192.168.20.100:8096/web/index.html#!/dashboard" that's how I access emby.

In bridged mode emby will show the internal docker container address 172.xxx.xxx.xxx.

If I change the container stack to use "network_mode: host" (I used that mode before :) ), emby will show the real address 192.168.20.100.

I hope that's not too confusing. :)

Screenshot_2023-03-29_19-49-10.png.ed56953be9ddd1cf73b057da7da17841.png

I think I can set ip in emby's network settings to but I've never had to do that. The 172.xxx crap has never bothered me, I know what the real address is ;)

Also there is no way I can access "http://127.21.0.2:8096/" directly on my local network, that's a docker container IP.

Edited by GrimReaper
Server details removed

Cheesegeezer
21 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

As you can see by the webapp address "http://192.168.20.100:8096/web/index.html#!/dashboard" that's how I access emby.

In bridged mode emby will show the internal docker container address 172.xxx.xxx.xxx.

If I change the container stack to use "network_mode: host" (I used that mode before :) ), emby will show the real address 192.168.20.100.

I hope that's not too confusing. :)

Screenshot_2023-03-29_19-49-10.png.ed56953be9ddd1cf73b057da7da17841.png

I think I can set ip in emby's network settings to but I've never had to do that. The 172.xxx crap has never bothered me, I know what the real address is ;)

Also there is no way I can access "http://127.21.0.2:8096/" directly on my local network, that's a docker container IP.

perfect so if you were to copy the address for an image in the console that was red and paste that into the addressbar and then change the physical address to 192.168.blah do you get an image

Junglejim
4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

perfect so if you were to copy the address for an image in the console that was red and paste that into the addressbar and then change the physical address to 192.168.blah do you get an image

Yep :)

Screenshot_2023-03-29_20-24-40.thumb.png.b0b2cacd5c1513bafde52da1218f3ae4.png

Cheesegeezer

@Junglejimso i can see the code that is getting confused by your "bridged  mode".  

server_url = (server_data.IsLocalServer) ? server_data.LocalAddress : server_data.RemoteAddress;
            server_url += "/";
            console.log("=== Server url = ", server_url);

The url is returning a remote address rather than the local address.  I'm sure Vic doesn't wasn't a toggle but it might be worth adding it to "force" Use local IP's

Cheesegeezer
2 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Yep :)

Screenshot_2023-03-29_20-24-40.thumb.png.b0b2cacd5c1513bafde52da1218f3ae4.png

Excellent, just need to figure out an elegant way to hand this.  You may be one of the few edge cases, so i'll propose some changes to vic and see if he is happy with it.  This is his baby after all!!

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
Just now, Cheesegeezer said:

Excellent, just need to figure out an elegant way to hand this.  You may be one of the few edge cases, so i'll propose some changes to vic and see if he is happy with it.  This is his baby after all!!

Cheers mate! I can use "network_mode: host" with the container and I'm sure that will fix it, that's not a prob.

It would be nice to get it to play nice with docker though, not everyone will like to use host mode, I'm just local so all good.

Lets see what Vic thinks. 👍🍻

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Cheers mate! I can use "network_mode: host" with the container and I'm sure that will fix it, that's not a prob.

It would be nice to get it to play nice with docker though, not everyone will like to use host mode, I'm just local so all good.

I'm gonna fire an old version 0.0.0.8 as this is the latest version i have.  and i'll call it 0.0.0.8jj  for you to test to see if it fixes it.

standby.....

EDIT: YOUR TEST VERSION WILL BE 0.0.0.1

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Does this description read correctly?

image.png.f05998b0f4870a9c295acb3232948f78.png

Junglejim
3 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Does this description read correctly?

image.png.f05998b0f4870a9c295acb3232948f78.png

Yeah looks good, maybe change "Home" to "Host"

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

NOTE: THIS DLL IS VERSION 0.0.0.1 AND IS ONLY A TEST FOR DOCKER USERS. 

1. adds a button to force local IP address use.

Please do not install ---- for JungleJim only to test

Jim, refresh your browser after switching the option on - CTRL+F5

Thanks

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Junglejim
8 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

NOTE: THIS DLL IS VERSION 0.0.0.1 AND IS ONLY A TEST FOR DOCKER USERS. 

1. adds a button to force local IP address use.

Please do not install ---- for JungleJim only to test

Jim, refresh your browser after switching the option on - CTRL+F5

Thanks

Emby.Bulky.dll 242.5 kB · 1 download

unfortunately that didn't work..

Screenshot_2023-03-29_20-59-22.thumb.png.81c0c76a2d529fd9d65fae416840c87e.png

Give me a couple of minutes and I'll give "host" mode a go..

Cheesegeezer
Just now, Junglejim said:

unfortunately that didn't work..

Screenshot_2023-03-29_20-59-22.thumb.png.81c0c76a2d529fd9d65fae416840c87e.png

Give me a couple of minutes and I'll give "host" mode a go..

no probs i'll need to dig deep to get that manual address

2 secs

Junglejim

As I thought "Host" mode with the container works, even without the new setting..

Screenshot_2023-03-29_21-07-11.png.7c1b68b910e6f3009180c7bf362222fe.png

Screenshot_2023-03-29_21-07-58.thumb.png.e39ef98852c449d152c1fc9a45a118a7.png

So its defo the bridged mode that's tripping it up.

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

no probs i'll need to dig deep to get that manual address

2 secs

No probs, it's really easy to update the container stack, only takes a couple of seconds. ;)

Cheesegeezer

I think i have an elegant solution here Jim.  No settings and hopefully will work now for everyone.

Test this out - still 0.0.0.1

ONLY FOR JUNGLEJIM TO TEST - NOT A PUBLIC RELEASE

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim
4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I think i have an elegant solution here Jim.  No settings and hopefully will work now for everyone.

Emby.Bulky.dll 242 kB · 1 download

Ok, I'll revert the container to bridged and give it a whirl. back in 5...

• Like 1

Junglejim
11 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

ONLY FOR JUNGLEJIM TO TEST - NOT A PUBLIC RELEASE

Success mate! :) Great work!!!

Screenshot_2023-03-29_21-33-16.png.bcf253c868b3feea35cb3c1fa6a60655.png

Screenshot_2023-03-29_21-33-37.thumb.png.6b0d5d2854fd06408531e7bc2c3d557d.png

Thanks sooo much, lets hope Vic likes the changes. :)

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
Just now, Junglejim said:

Success mate! :) Great work!!!

Screenshot_2023-03-29_21-33-16.png.bcf253c868b3feea35cb3c1fa6a60655.png

Screenshot_2023-03-29_21-33-37.thumb.png.6b0d5d2854fd06408531e7bc2c3d557d.png

Thanks sooo much, lets hope Vic likes the changes. :)

Excellent Jim.

Thanks so much for your help.  I'll be speaking with Vic on Teams when he rises up... so we can get these changes implemented.

Don't use this version for testing as vic has another rev out which has already fixed some issues.

👍