A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Thanks Eigeplackter for testing the audio codec filter. I will look into why you are not getting any results ASAP.  I don't actually do the filtering. It's done within the Emby server.  I must be passing it the wrong information.

Vic

Eigeplackter

No sorry to report, no change in beaviour for me.

Tried DTS and DTSHD and DTSHD-MA, cuz that's in the actual filename:

image.thumb.png.02a468028e9d9247fc9c03d56a9f64d7.png

Additionally the letter index on the right is not working for me, whichever letter I choose, I land at B

Eigeplackter
1 hour ago, Eigeplackter said:

Thanks for adding the option, but it's not showing any results for me ?

image.png.738b0fc2fac50150f5602d0980e880e8.png

image.png.dd29e60d7a81d9e729673567f631b72d.png

Even though there should be content:

image.png.12bbde3cef9cf4889891bba5de3ebd8f.png

DTS is the output emby is showing me for that file.

imho we could go for embedded track or title, would just like to tag all with a correct audio tag, as emby only seems to recognize the codec as DTS Even though there is DTS,DTS-EX,DTS-X,DTSHD-MA,…

VicMoore

Eigeplackter, I added video codec and audio codec to the editor panel for easy reference, so you can see what Emby thinks the codecs are. This should help debugging.

Vic

tool_2.1d.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

kezzawd

Can I just say a big thank you - the ability to bulk edit tags is just what I was after to help manage available content for our grand kids - awesome job !

Eigeplackter
8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Eigeplackter, I added video codec and audio codec to the editor panel for easy reference, so you can see what Emby thinks the codecs are. This should help debugging.

Vic

tool_2.1d.zip 5.46 MB · 0 downloads

Yeah so the output in editor says:

image.png.4fb188098f24063db30b4fabb17c6421.png

But no matter which info I add in the codec field:

UHD HDR10 Remux

GERMAN DTS-HD MA 5.1

GERMAN DTS-HD MA 5.1 (Default)

German DTS 5.1

DTS

Result is still 0 Movies after applying the filter.

I'm regulary using latest Chrome as browser but tried Edge as well.

PS: Does it have to match exactly, or should searching for "DTS" be sufficient to get all entries, no matter if DTS-HD or else.

VicMoore

Good morning Eigeplackter,  I will dig into the code today and try to figure out why it works for me but not you.  Do you have a very short video you can send me to test?

vic

Eigeplackter
29 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Eigeplackter,  I will dig into the code today and try to figure out why it works for me but not you.  Do you have a very short video you can send me to test?

vic

Hey Vic, define "very short" :D

VicMoore

Eigeplackter, try this code. I think the problem was that I didn't convert the codec name to lower case.

Vic

tool_2.1e.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

Eigeplackter

Yes, it works !!

Nice job thank you very much.

EDIT: Ohhh 😞 

it only finds DTS, not Dolby Digital 5.1 or Dolby Digital

Edited by Eigeplackter

VicMoore

Relace the editor.js with the code below.  When looking at the codecs in the editor the string that the search engine is looking for is in [ ] brackets. That's what you need to enter as the search string.

Vic

editor.js

VicMoore

Eigeplackter, the thanks all go to you. You helped me fix a bug in the code and improved the editor by adding the codecs.  Now everyone can filter on audio codecs.

Thanks, Vic

Eigeplackter

Maybe some improvement for further versions

Could the audio codec check only look for the 1st or default track ? It's no deal breaker, as I use CoverArt (which tags 1st/default language) and see, when there is a Dolby Digital overlay within the "dts" audio codec results.

EDIT: On a 2nd thought, that could be just my personal wish, as other may sure want to tag ALL "dts" tracks no matter which language

EDIT 2: Maybe I made a fault, but multiple selection screwed me over. I marked all titles with shift, excluded by single click unwanted movies and than clicked bulk. But nearly all movies seem to have gotten the "Dolby Surround 2.0" tag 😞 

EDIT 3: The audio codec filters don't work for tv shows, looks like the tool is only searching the tv show entry, where there is no audio codec, but ignores all episodes.

Edited by Eigeplackter

Eigeplackter

Additionally I'd like the option to search for (audio) channels, so you could combine codec "dts" and channels "2" to finde the DTS 2.0 movies.

EDIT: Filtering for FullHD (1080p) movies, returns 4K movies in list.

Edited by Eigeplackter

Eigeplackter

Handling question:

Right now I've got 882 movies, if I "Search for tags: 4k/UHD,FullHD 1080p,HD 720p,SD 576p" it returns 879.

So there are 3 movies I missed tagging a video format.

But I can't seem to find a way, to show me those 3 movies.

When I say "Has a tag = true" it shows the 879 again, when I set it to "Has a tag = false" it shows 0. I guess it's not just looking

for the tag input field, but ignores all movies that have any tag.

Tried using ! (for NOT) in "Search for tags" but seems as that is not the command I need.

VicMoore

When you search for particular tags, the tool uses the Emby API to ask Emby to search for those tags.  The tool just displays the returned results. I will play with the API and look for a way to do what you are asking. Give me a few days.

Vic

• Thanks 1

Junglejim

This tagging tool seems to get better every week that goes by! 👍

This a must have for multiple reasons (smart pl/virtual tv/general lib tags/etc..)!

Thanks @VicMoore for putting so much time into this great app.

• Agree 1