A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Eigeplackter

I use the same version, your latest release.

Tested to tag whole movie library (933 items) with "TEST":

no complete success. 

It tagged 905 items, searched for the tag in emby, but in the tool it showed alot more errors as just 28.

Removing the tag ran nearly perfect just 1/905 wasn't cleaned.

Log shows (for removing) mostly:

___ No Response Received ___
bulk.js:820 === Bulk Edit Finished === 920, len = 933

It's a step in the right direction, something seems to be broken within playlists.

PS: If you could add another filter option for "Studio" I can work around the playlist issues.

Edited by Eigeplackter

VicMoore

OK, I will look at studio as a filter option.   I added Artists, Albums, and Subtitle Codec, but have not tested them

Vic

VicMoore

The studio filter has been added but is untested.  Remember that I don't do any filtering in the tool. I just build the query string and send it to Emby. You may have to play with the filter to get it to work. 

Vic

tool_2.2a.zip

• Thanks 2

VicMoore

Remember, when looking at the log files that the tool is fully asynchronous. When you tag 1000 items the tool quickly sends 1000 requests for adding the tag to items. The results from these requests do not come back in order. They can and will frequently come back out of order.

Vic

• Like 1

Junglejim
9 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I made a mistake with the new filters. I have corrected the problem but still can't get them to work.

Vic

tool_2.3.zip 5.47 MB · 2 downloads

The Studio/Network filter seems to work fine here..

TV Shows with "Disney+" as a filter shows 18 which is right...

Screenshot_2023-01-12_19-34-17.thumb.png.bf1b2b57a04c539a94b30afabda1bbe6.png

Movies with "20th Century Fox" as a filter also looks good..👍

Screenshot_2023-01-12_19-38-09.thumb.png.2dbdfe6e3274be8f46dd4b2b19c5b6c8.png

Didn't have any luck with the music filters but I don't need that (all my music is totally sorted with embedded tags ;) ). Plus you can't even filter Artists/Albums within emby's webapp for music so that's not going to work!

But the Subtitle Codec works fine, "ass" filter Shows 13 which is correct.

Screenshot_2023-01-12_19-53-12.thumb.png.f2c7be76dfc0fecb825d6562140b1c9f.png

Edited by Junglejim

VicMoore

I added an option to show a "clean" button.  When you click clean it will remove the periods in Titles and sort names for the selected media. It also capitalizes the first character of each word.  I can add other things as needed. I am just trying to clean up my library files.

Vic

tool_2.3.zip

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

I have been trying to improve Collections and Playlists.  I wanted to make them easier to manage and to create.  You can now remove items from each while viewing them. They are also separate from the metadata editor. Each now has a dedicated button. Just select a bunch of items and click the "collection" or "playlist" buttons.

Vic

tool_2.3b.zip

Edited by VicMoore

Hi,
First of all thanks for the great tool.
Did some testing with the tool today.
For me, among other things, it is of interest which films are locked and what is locked.
I noticed that under "BULK"

-------------------------------------------------

Manage Locks

Name LockedUnlocked
OfficialRating LockedUnlocked
Genres LockedUnlocked
Cast LockedUnlocked
Studios LockedUnlocked
Tags LockedUnlocked
Overview LockedUnlocked
Lock_All LockedUnlocked

can put. Great! But unfortunately I can't filter according to these points whether they exist or not.
Can you please add these dots under the "Is locked" filter.
That would be really great.
Thank you and best regards

mixXxim
and sorry for my bad english...google translation 😉

Hi @VicMoore, is it possible to filter content based on framerate (25fps, 30fps, etc) and by studios (Disney, etc)?

Thanks

Edited by Ninko

VicMoore

I am working on a new filter. Hopefully I will have a prototype tomorrow.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

I added a new custom filter.  Select a folder, then select one or more files to test the filter against, and click filter then "custom". A new custom filter screen will appear.

image.png.1d68adc6886715ea176679f4b28d950c.png

The "prev" and "next" buttons allow you to switch between the files you selected for testing the filter against. The first filter column gives the names for the items in the selected Emby object. The second column gives the value for the corresponding name. The third column allows you to select the filter test to apply to each item (equal, greater than, less than, starts with, ends with, and contains). In the fourth column you supply the value you want to test against. Press the "test" button and the filter is processed, and each row is evaluated. If the test is "true" the corresponding row turns green. False evaluations turn the row red.

image.png.532e3a58df71e2bf460a086c9259e54a.png

When you are satisfied with the filter, you can apply the filter to the entire folder by clicking "Apply".

I have not tested this code very much.  I need everyone to let me know what doesn't work.

Vic

tool_2.4a.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

VicMoore

Hello Ninko..

You can filter on "Studio" names with the standard filter. You can filter on frame rate with the new custom filter.

Vic

Ahhh I see.

Can it not be done on an Android device then?

Also, searching for a tag doesn't seem to pick up a folder having that tag, plus the tag doesn't show up below the folder image like it does under a file image.

Thanks

Edited by Ninko

The progress you make daily is quite impressive.

Any chance the subtitle filtering can be added to the custom filter you developed?

2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Neik...  I would think so.  What do you want to filter?

Vic

My usecase would be to identify files on specific subtitle language and then tag them.

VicMoore

OK, the filter has the info, but its not yet displayed. I will work on it tomorrow. 

vic

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Ahhh I see.

Can it not be done on an Android device then?

Also, searching for a tag doesn't seem to pick up a folder having that tag, plus the tag doesn't show up below the folder image like it does under a file image.

Thanks

Did you miss my message @VicMoore?

Thanks

VicMoore

Sorry for being vague. I got your message. You want to filter on codec language. I will try and do it tomorrow.

vic