A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

@rbjtech thanks so much for this tip. I have wondered for some time about how this is done. You have taught me a new trick and that made my day.

Vic

• Like 2

VicMoore

@dee101you enter the servers ip address without a port. You can also leave off the http://.  You enter the port in the text field below the server ip.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

dee101
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

@dee101you enter the servers ip address without a port. You can also leave off the http://.  You enter the port in the text field below the server ip.

Vic

Ah, that worked! I was adding the http lol. Thank you @VicMoore I look forward to trying this out! Thank you for your help! I'll let you know how I go 👋🏾

dee101

It works great! 👍🏾 Thank you for this tool! I can now add tags to multiple files. It's probably been requested already but is there a way we can add 5-star ratings to music files? I used that alot in MusicBee and made smart playlists for 4-5 star rated songs. Could you add that or is there is a way to add them some other way? Someone said to use tags instead and number them, but I would prefer something more visual. 

seanbuff

Hey @VicMoore just wanted to drop you a quick note to say thanks, love your tool it has saved me many hours thanks to the ability to bulk update.

Just wanted to make you aware of a minor typo, when it connects as a new device, it is spelled 'Chhrome'

image.png.c029a8a2cc7ee22d93fd921415687a7b.png

in 'tool.js'

function upload_signon(url) {
    let h = new Headers();
    h.append('Accept','application/json, text/plain, */*');
    h.append('Content-type', 'application/json; charset=UTF-8');
    h.append('X-Emby-Authorization', 'MediaBrowser Client="EmbyTool", Device="Chhrome", DeviceId="12121212-1212-1212-12121212121212121", Version="1.0.0.0"');

console.log("=== Sign On = ",url);

Keep up the great work! 🍻

mixXxim
On 2/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, mixXxim said:

Hi

@VicMoore Thank you for the explanation.

can you please take a look at these wishes, thank you

Sicherungsabfrage.jpg

Hi @VicMoore,
many thanks for the new gui. Certainly a lot of work.
May I draw your attention to my request again

Junglejim

Nice work with the new GUI update Vic.. 👍

Good luck with your plugin dev ambitions too.

VicMoore

Hello @Junglejim, it's always nice to hear from you. I am working hard on the plugin, and it is a struggle. I am learning C# and lots of Emby things. I don't know if I am up to the task.

Vic

VicMoore

Hello @mixXxim, I hope to circle back soon and implements more requests. Right now I am saturated with trying to make a plugin.

Vic

hooray4me

How would I add a tag to the tv series as a whole? I see a way to bulk edit within a season of a tv show. Am I missing it?

hooray4me

Could there be an option for Has Parental Rating ? I have over 15000 movies and many of them don't have a rating.

VicMoore

Hello @hooray4me

A TV Series is a folder, so select the series with "CTRL-CLICK".  Then you can edit it and add your tag.

I will look into your other request.  I am right now very busy, so it may be a while.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

• 2 weeks later...
VicMoore

Good morning everyone...

@Cheesegeezerand I have been working together to create a plugin version of this tool. We have the first code drop ready for testing. It's not the complete tool. It is a bulk editor and has the same layout as the original tool. 

We are looking for some testers.  Anyone interested?

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MBSki
9 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning everyone...

@Cheesegeezerand I have been working together to create a plugin version of this tool. We have the first code drop ready for testing. It's not the complete tool. It is a bulk editor and has the same layout as the original tool. 

We are looking for some testers.  Anyone interested?

Vic

Emby.Bulky.zip 1018.5 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, absolutely! How do we test when the plug-in isn't in the store though? 

VicMoore

You have to manually install it. Copy it to the emby plugin directory and then restart emby.

Vic

MBSki
Just now, VicMoore said:

You have to manually install it. Copy it to the emby plugin directory and then restart emby.

Got it, thanks Vic! Copy the contents of the zip file or just the dll? I didn't see the dll for some reason.

VicMoore

Sorry, I made a mistake - Just the dll - I will post it in one minute

rbjtech
1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Excited to try this :)

Well done Vic (and assistance from Cheese (aka Dave..)

image.png.5cfc19c477fc7ac1f40c246567328ee9.png

Nice - Do you want feedback on just the viewing and basic editing layout - ie compare to the web version at this stage ?

Installing the DLL

Copy the DLL from above (you may need to 'allow/accept' the DLL download if your OS is preventing the download) and put it in the main PROGRAMDATA plugins folder in Emby - ie

..\programdata\plugins

Do not put it in ..\system\plugins

Then restart the emby server

The Plugin itself should be in the 'Plugins' folder (green below) and there is also a shortcut to it. (Grey below).

image.png.3894f156ecaeb450730564e7531a184e.png

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1