Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Sorry Ninko. I got names mixed up. I will look into the tag problem ASAP

vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Good morning Neik..

to filter for the French language go to the custom tool and check the "One or more must match" radio button. then select the operator "contains" and enter "french" (not case sensitive) in the value field. When you click apply the folder will be search for media with French codecs.

The code is attached below.  I am relying on you to test this feature. Let me know how it goes. For me it worked fine.

vic

image.png.c3b483a7733ad07241387a65ed8ba3dc.png

image.png.4a8f46009772e5347b5caf5c2f619bcd.png

tool_2.4b.zip

• Like 1

notuxnobux

Hi @VicMoore - is it possible to find and replace tags in this tool?

For instance, if I wanted to find all items in my library (movies and TV) that had the tag "Tag1" and remove "Tag1" and replace it with "Tag2" for all items?

Thank you for the continued work you do on this program!

1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

I am relying on you to test this feature. Let me know how it goes. For me it worked fine.

Thank you, Vic.

I will come back to you after having a look at it, maybe today evening.

VicMoore

Hello Eigeplackter...

The problem you were having with running out of resources was being caused by the tool sending many requests at one time and overloading the browser. I fixed the problem, but it required a lot of code changes. So test the bulk save and let me know if it works ok.  For me it works fine.

vic

tool_2.5.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

hello Notuxnobux...

Yes you can replace tags with the bulk editor, but it's done in two steps. First remove the old tag, and then add the new tag.

vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the new function of the custom filter.
I just tested the "lock" "unlock" function.
In doing so, I noticed that the number of filtered files above is not updated.
With the "lock" "unlock" function, there is only true or false. <,>S,E,C, I don't understand. I would still understand "not equal".
Many Thanks

emby tool browser aktualisiert nicht dei anzahl.jpg

VicMoore

mixXxim, you are right that for locks only the equals makes sense. I didn't want to create custom pulldowns for every situation. When the custom filter is proved to be working correctly then I will go back and make the GUI better.

Vic

• Agree 1

VicMoore

By the way. Do the locks work as you expected in the custom filter.  I didn't test them.

vic

Yes, the "lock" "unlock" function works really well.
Many Thanks
I would like to draw your attention again to the update of the number of filtered files.

liebe Grüße mixXxim

Eigeplackter
18 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Eigeplackter...

The problem you were having with running out of resources was being caused by the tool sending many requests at one time and overloading the browser. I fixed the problem, but it required a lot of code changes. So test the bulk save and let me know if it works ok.  For me it works fine.

vic

tool_2.5.zip 5.48 MB · 1 download

It ran allright, all files handled, at least it didn't report an error.

image.thumb.png.ec06d496f73edb7421b98cba5eafe310.png

But when i go back to main screen, reload tool, and reenter the BULK-Playlist I find some of the tags still existing:

image.png.0a5b6b41044d6cc9d041cafec0bc058d.png

So I made a second run, this time just CBS (capitals)

And this one wouldn't end at all (check messages 41k !)

image.thumb.png.89099549412702d4ff93e37f3ff30ec7.png

Out of a sudden the site refreshed, and the scipt started at 0% again, but caught up pretty quicly, now touching 60%.

image.thumb.png.c5051e674611dece24740fa8a3c0bdd7.png

Why did the 1st run finish with 11k messages and now we are pushing 80k at like 70% ?

image.png

VicMoore
1 hour ago, mixXxim said:

Thanks for the new function of the custom filter.
I just tested the "lock" "unlock" function.
In doing so, I noticed that the number of filtered files above is not updated.
With the "lock" "unlock" function, there is only true or false. <,>S,E,C, I don't understand. I would still understand "not equal".
Many Thanks

emby tool browser aktualisiert nicht dei anzahl.jpg

the '7' is giving the number of media items in the 'test' folder. It's not related to the filter search results.

Vic

8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Neik..

to filter for the French language go to the custom tool and check the "One or more must match" radio button. then select the operator "contains" and enter "french" (not case sensitive) in the value field. When you click apply the folder will be search for media with French codecs.

The code is attached below.  I am relying on you to test this feature. Let me know how it goes. For me it worked fine.

vic

image.png.c3b483a7733ad07241387a65ed8ba3dc.png

image.png.4a8f46009772e5347b5caf5c2f619bcd.png

Hey Vic,
I just had a look at this and I was able to filter some of my files.
Currently "only" six different "codecs" are being considered/checked but some of my files have the subtitles at position 7 or more, e.g.:

- Codec 0: Video
- Codec 1: English (DTS-HD)
- Codec 2: German (DTS-HD)
- Codec 3: English (DTS core - for compatibilty)
- Codec 4: German (DTS core - for compatibilty)
- Codec 5: German (Forced)
- Codec 6: German (SDH)
- Codec 7: English (Forced)
- Codec 8: English (SDH)

As you see this can go on and on.
Would it be possible to have a filter that goes through all available codecs instead of having to filter one by one as it is now?

VicMoore

Hello Neik...

You can check them in parallel now. Just check "One or More Match"

image.png.6ba555399277c2aa7b3a3e7629711374.png

and then set up tests for each codec.

image.png.5039b3da9bcd5a31fdda4db257e3f9ed.png

Its possible to extend the number of codecs. I chose 5 because it was the largest number of codecs that my media has.

Vic

8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

You can check them in parallel now. Just check "One or More Match"

Yeah, I discovered that one and it works just fine for the number of codecs displayed.
The issue I see is, there are files that have an numerous amount of subtitles (none of my files but I've seen mediainfo exports from files with more than 40 subtitles alone) and that's where I came up with the idea of having one "general codec" field that then searches through every codec field available within a file - no matter how much entries there are.

Example:
"General Codec": Contains = English

This would then trigger a search through all available codec field (video, audio, subtitle).

Hope it's somehow clear what I mean.

VicMoore

Hello neik...

That's a great idea.  I will look into the effort needed to implement it.

Thanks, Vic

• Like 1

jan_axhell

Hello VicMoore, just found this tool and tried it for a while. I have 2 questions:

1 - Is there  any way to filter by running time? I'd like to tag Shorts, but I cannot find any way to set some duration limit under which I consider something a Short and not a Movie.

2 - (somewhat a workaround of the above) Is there any way to filter by folder? SInce I don't have a big server with huge storage, I mainly use Emby as a database and to keep track of everything I have on external HDDs, I have mounted each of those as virtual folders with same exact folder-tree. This way I can check everything I have, no matter if it's online or offline. I keep shorts in a /Shorts folder on each HDD, if I could filter by Folder name, I could tag all included files as Shorts. Same for any other possible genre-folder-related tag.

VicMoore

Hello Jan_axhell...

With the custom filter you can filter on 'run time' and 'file size'.

With the standard filter you can filter on 'is Folder'.

Vic

jan_axhell
12 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Hello Jan_axhell...

With the custom filter you can filter on 'run time' and 'file size'.

With the standard filter you can filter on 'is Folder'.

Vic

Hi Vic, thanks, but I still cannot make it work.

- I select all movies with Shift-click (14332)

- I enter the Custom filter and set Running Time < 45 min

- I click Apply

- After red bar reaches 100% all 14332 movies are shown.

I have all Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin etc shorts, so I know I have many movies shorter that 45 mins, but they are not filtered..

About 'Is Folder': if I set that and enter 'Shorts" in Search for String in the main page with blue buttons, (0) Movies are loaded.. 

Same if I do that from inside Custom filter, using "title" as string to search + Is Folder = true.

Maybe it doesn't work because I use virtual mounts instead of real files?

VicMoore

I will check the filter. There may be a bug. Thanks for letting me know.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

select 5 files then click "filter" and then "custom"

you can now use the "prev" and "next" buttons to switch between the selected files.

When you look at each file (in the custom filter) is column 2 populated with the data from the selected object?

Vic

jan_axhell
5 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

select 5 files then click "filter" and then "custom"

you can now use the "prev" and "next" buttons to switch between the selected files.

When you look at each file (in the custom filter) is column 2 populated with the data from the selected object?

Vic

Yes, it is.