A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Jan_axhell, you can select a few items and then go to the "custom Filter" and experiment with different filter options. Use the "test" button to try out different filter values.

Vic

jan_axhell

Yes, I'm doing that right now. What happens is that if I set for instance a Running Time <45 and the object is 87, test shows that line as red, if I set it to >45 it shows it as green.

Same for other entries, like Is Folder: if it's a file, it shows as red.

I can switch back and forth and see data changing for each movie.

But when I apply those conditions, both as "All Must Match" and "One or More must match" the tool shows all movies.

VicMoore

A green line means the test is true. If it is red then the test is false.

I will experiment with the filter. For me it's working fine.

Vic

jan_axhell

Maybe try with a virtual mount? I have a folder in O:\Emby that contains all HDD01, HDD02, etc subfolders. Each is a virtual mount of relative real HDD and Emby is configured to scan files from there when HDD are connected, then it stores data on both HDD and local database. But when HDDs are offline, it only works with local database that points at "ghost HDDs". Maybe the tool gets confused by that?

EDIT Found at least one bug: movies that are longer than 100 mins are shown as green even if I set <45 and red if I set >45, so 100 confuses the tool, at that number it inverts true/false. All movie shorter that 100 show red/green correctly.

Edited by jan_axhell

VicMoore

Thanks to Softworkz on the Emby team we can now fetch and edit Emby images.

When you edit an Emby item you can now edit the associated images. Just click the "Edit Image" button under the "Change Image Button."

image.png.2f82f37a7130de51d842b3ff074ce782.png

When you do, the image editor will appear.  You can change the image and add a variety of borders if you want them. The rotate function still needs some work. Please let me know what doesn't work as expected.

Vic

image.png.7b1aa299232ceb4a334813d76f590eac.png

image.png.d8243fafa58a18d2e1ba05b8f87b188f.png

image.png.1b133461e1725b82560524ec9bdd51c6.png

image.png.d6f2e6f6b1866f4c25b175a1583ffcfd.png

image.png.47bb70d0ba50ca0b3885ecd5bf46dd85.png

tool_2.6.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

I will be redoing the "edit image" code soon to include all emby images.

vic

On 1/17/2023 at 1:56 PM, VicMoore said:

Hello neik...

That's a great idea.  I will look into the effort needed to implement it.

Thanks, Vic

Vic, quick question:
Were you able to have a look at that?

VicMoore

You can now make snapshots of playing videos and then use these snapshots when changing or editing the Emby images.

This is very useful for making your own video image metadata. 

Vic

tool_2.8.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

VicMoore

Hello Neik...

Yes I have looked at implementing your idea. It's not easy to do, and I have a list of simple to implement ideas that I have wanted to do for some time. I want to get through this list first. Thanks for reminding me.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

Hi, @VicMoore

I'm not sure if I'm experiencing a bug, or just using your tool incorrectly; I'm trying to apply a custom filter to my movie library so that I can bulk tag all movies that contain a certain term in their filename. When I selected a few movies to test the filter I can cycle through them with "prev" "next" and they change from green to red depending on whether they meet the filter criteria, but when I click on "apply" it just sits at 1% and doesn't do anything.

Am I using the tool wrong?

VicMoore

Sounds like something went wrong. Try again and this time press F12 to bring up the browser console. Check to see if there is a red error message. Send me a copy of the console.

Vic

39 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Sounds like something went wrong. Try again and this time press F12 to bring up the browser console. Check to see if there is a red error message. Send me a copy of the console.

Vic

Untitled.jpg.e851b2836ca2555389b2a3a926401654.jpg

AJAYSWebDesign

Hi Vic,

I contacted you before Christmas regarding an bulk metadata import add-on to your project. I can see you're pretty busy with other changes/upgrades.

If you can produce a page like the attached pdf I could then import into excel (including the code) , link up the metadata I want to add then save back in the exact/same format (html or js) which could then be saved using your tool, effectively importing to EMBY.....

If you're focused elsewhere, I understand, just thought the attached might not be too difficult/a stretch......

Cheers, Andy

EMBY Metadata.pdf

VicMoore

Pmac, please replace your copy of "custom_filter.js" with the attached file. This should fix your problem.  Please let me know if it works.

Vic

custom_filter.js

VicMoore

AjaysWebDesign...

I will look into your request and let you know tomorrow or the next day.

Vic

@VicMoore, I seem to be running into another issue now; I'm able to filter movies correctly with the custom filter, but when I try to select them with "shift-click" it seems to be selecting all of the movies (including the ones that aren't currently displayed due to the filter), because when I click on bulk edit and apply a tag, it applies the tag to my entire movie library, and not just the movies within the custom filter. 

Edit: I just tested it again by creating a custom filter that would only display one movie and then "shift-clicked" it. I then clicked "bulk edit" and added a tag. The tag was applied to my entire movie collection, not just the movie that was displayed with the filter applied. 

Edited by pmac

VicMoore

Thanks for pointing this out.  I know what the problem is and will fix it tomorrow.  The problem is that I didn't put back in some code that I removed a few days ago when I was testing other features. I got busy with other things and just forgot.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1

VicMoore

Pmac...

I fixed the problem... Give it a try and let me know if it works OK.  I appreciate you pointing problems out to me.  I don't have much time for testing.

Vic

tool_3.1.zip

Eigeplackter

Hi Vic,

just had a test with 3.1 and following 3 feature requests:

- Display password as asterisk instead of plain text (If you demontrate something just so people dont see your pw, no need to hash),.Cosmetics.

- If I bulk edit lots of new movies, i.e. add FullHD tag, the page reloads without earlier applied filters, idk if intended

- When editing single files, you have the option to save, next, previous and cancel. However next is only good if you dont want to edit single entries,

as the usage of save will return to prior list, again w/o filters. How about an "save and next" button, that keeps the earlier filtered list ?

Explanation:

I'm using the Iconic Image Enhancer, and while bulk tagging resolution is easy, the sound format incl. no. of channels, is not,

as it only shows DTS, Dolby Digital (Plus) but not the number of channels. Therefore I have to manually add tags to single files, which 

is a bit cumbersome when you have to reapply filters after every single item.