A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

Junglejim

Hi @VicMoore, I've got a question. How do you go about selecting multiple tvshows so you can bulk add tags to them?

eg: Select all star trek shows and bulk add the tag "Star Trek"

It's easy with movies but I just can't figure how to do it with tvshows. 😬

Previously I've shift selected all shows, then deselected the ones I don't need but that can get a bit tedious. :)

I'm probably missing something obvious.

Cheers.

Happy2Play

@Junglejim Have you tried filtering the library with a search string?

Only other way I can think of is ctrl click item then select add item, individually adding them one at a time to create your list.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim
15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@Junglejim Have you tried filtering the library with a search string?

Thanks mate that could work, I didn't think of that. Then I could shift select from there and bulk edit away. :)

Will give it a go. 👍

Edit: Yep that's the go.. cheers mate!

Edited by Junglejim

Junglejim
23 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Only other way I can think of is ctrl click item then select add item, individually adding them one at a time to create your list.

This also could be useful but I don't see the "add item". When I ctrl click a tvshow I get to here. Which seems to be a meta editor for that show?

Screenshot_2022-12-06_20-21-25.thumb.png.424dedf3cb0d0f750373e489e3323ce3.png

CBers

It's a while since I used this tool.

I remember there being a way of the tool remembering the login details to your server.

Can someone remind me please.

CBers

Trying to BULK update a bunch of movies with TAGS and GENRES, but it doesn't appear to work.

Is this a known issue?

14 minutes ago, CBers said:

Trying to BULK update a bunch of movies with TAGS and GENRES, but it doesn't appear to work.

Is this a known issue?

Do you have the latest version?  I believe a bug fix went into that version.

Also, did you change the little drop down?  By default it says "Do not save", which could be your problem.

image.png.e4c423f5315b34144c9ce88064eb9e8b.png

• Like 1

CBers
8 minutes ago, Roodee said:

Also, did you change the little drop down?  By default it says "Do not save", which could be your problem.

Yes, I changed it to Add to existing TAGS/GENRES. 

I'm running the latest version in post #1. 

23 minutes ago, CBers said:

I'm running the latest version in post #1. 

That is version 2.0b with the bug

The latest is  tool_2.0c.zip, posted on the page before this one (page 39/40 for me).

• Like 1

CBers
Just now, Roodee said:

That is version 2.0b with the bug

The latest is  tool_2.0c.zip, posted on the page before this one (page 39/40 for me).

OK, thanks 👍

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, CBers said:

It's a while since I used this tool.

I remember there being a way of the tool remembering the login details to your server.

Can someone remind me please.

Look at the tools.js.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
7 hours ago, Junglejim said:

This also could be useful but I don't see the "add item". When I ctrl click a tvshow I get to here. Which seems to be a meta editor for that show?

Screenshot_2022-12-06_20-21-25.thumb.png.424dedf3cb0d0f750373e489e3323ce3.png

Sorry I was looking at version 33, doesn't look like 2.0c has add item anymore.

image.thumb.png.d0a467a61740c6fb780b6191fa67a1e6.png

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry I was looking at version 33, doesn't look like 2.0c has add item anymore.

image.thumb.png.d0a467a61740c6fb780b6191fa67a1e6.png

Yea no probs, I put my glasses on and had a good look. 🤓

It would be nice if @VicMoore could bring the "Add Item" button back. 😉

VicMoore

JungleJim, I will look into adding that button back. Tell me what you want it to do.

Vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

CBers, I can add an option to save credentials on your browser.  It will try to get it done this week.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore

VicMoore

To select all of the shows within a TV series do the following

1) select the TV series

2) select filter and set the filters as follows:

image.png.0d51d6d7cde0997cef342c46f06e34a1.png

3) click on APPLY 

4) this displays all of the TV shows under the selected TV series, including the TV series folder. 

5) shift click to select all of the displayed shows

6) to remove the TV series folder from the selected items, just ctl click on it

7) now you have all of the TV shows selected and you can bulk edit them

VicMoore

I had a few moments to program:

1)  added the save sign-on requested by CBers

2)  improved IPTV  streaming for hard to play channels like Pluto TV

Vic

tool_2.0d.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Thanks 2

Junglejim
On 07/12/2022 at 23:34, VicMoore said:

JungleJim, I will look into adding that button back. Tell me what you want it to do.

Vic

Thanks mate for considering it. As far as what it does (I never used it in previous versions), maybe just keep adding items till your ready to bulk edit them all?

Obviously I'm not sure how that would work or if even if it's possible.

@Happy2Play provided me with a nice option for selecting certain tvshows (eg: Star Trek) by filtering the library with a search string, then shift select them all for a bulk edit.

The "add item" would be useful for selecting different tvshows and bulk adding tags/genres.

Cheers.

Edit: I just had another idea, what if you add another key combo to just select the tvshow (ctrl+shift+select) instead of going to the metadata editor or drilling down to seasons/episodes? Not sure if it's possible.. :) just throwing ideas at ya.

Edited by Junglejim

alessioP

Hi VicMoore,

in the past I modified your HTML script to add Italian categories in the parental rating but I'm not familiar with Js so I'm asking your help.

Is it possible to add the below list?

IT-T , IT-6+ , IT-14+ , IT-18+ 

Thanks for the help

Super957

Sry for little clarification...

I have a lot of movies (850) with genre 1080p....

So i want delete this generes in all 850 movies.... i try selecting filter with genre 1080p and after select all movie...but to delete all movie genre 1080p in which way i can proceed?

I try: select all movies with genre 1080p i go in edit and delete 1080p and save.. but in this way i delete the tag only in one movie (the first)

Thank

Hispa

Edited by Super957

Super957
22 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Super957,  I will help you later tonight.  Sorry for the delay.

Vic

PLS refer my previous post...how i can delete all movies (with genre 1080p made by me) selecting all movies with this genre ??

I select all movies with 1080p genre with Shift-Click to select all files ... i try selct bulk but at this point i dont know in which way delete for all selected movis the specific genre "1080p"...

Thank

Hispa

Senza titolo.png

Edited by Super957

On 12/15/2022 at 3:54 PM, Super957 said:

PLS refer my previous post...how i can delete all movies (with genre 1080p made by me) selecting all movies with this genre ??

I select all movies with 1080p genre with Shift-Click to select all files ... i try selct bulk but at this point i dont know in which way delete for all selected movis the specific genre "1080p"...

Thank

Hispa

I am not aware that "the tool" is able delete any media. It can set and unset (delete) certain meta-information of the media, and it can do that in bulk for a selection of media.

But Emby itself can delete media.  You have tagged all you want to delete with "1080p"? Go to the Emby Dashboard (home page) and click on "Movies" (or whatever you have called your library that contains the media to be deleted). You should see this:

image.png.9a70cbade3b331aba66d55f6ff6ba1b0.png

Click on Tags. An overview will open with tiles like this with the tag-name underneath:

image.png.2644a7e721349f18e47f3c510dce6349.png

Click it, it will open an overview of all movies with that specific tag. Click in the upper left hand corner of the first movie to set the check mark:

image.png.7593f381c24b2bae3c0e5fccb11644c1.png

Scroll to the last movie and shift-click the last movie. (Hold the Shift-Key and then click the last movie.) All movies should now receive a check mark. Scroll up a bit and a bar with the number of selected movies shows up. The X will deselect them all, the  >  would play them all. You need to click on the three dots   ...

image.png.98f685f933919059acdafaaff442eba5.png

From the menu that drops down, select Delete.  That should do what you want.

Warning: We are talking about bulk-deletion of media. If you have doubts or did not understand the instructions as I gave them, do not proceed!

Cheers,
Roodee

Super957
2 hours ago, Roodee said:

I am not aware that "the tool" is able delete any media. It can set and unset (delete) certain meta-information of the media, and it can do that in bulk for a selection of media.

But Emby itself can delete media.  You have tagged all you want to delete with "1080p"? Go to the Emby Dashboard (home page) and click on "Movies" (or whatever you have called your library that contains the media to be deleted). You should see this:

image.png.9a70cbade3b331aba66d55f6ff6ba1b0.png

Click on Tags. An overview will open with tiles like this with the tag-name underneath:

image.png.2644a7e721349f18e47f3c510dce6349.png

Click it, it will open an overview of all movies with that specific tag. Click in the upper left hand corner of the first movie to set the check mark:

image.png.7593f381c24b2bae3c0e5fccb11644c1.png

Scroll to the last movie and shift-click the last movie. (Hold the Shift-Key and then click the last movie.) All movies should now receive a check mark. Scroll up a bit and a bar with the number of selected movies shows up. The X will deselect them all, the  >  would play them all. You need to click on the three dots   ...

image.png.98f685f933919059acdafaaff442eba5.png

From the menu that drops down, select Delete.  That should do what you want.

Warning: We are talking about bulk-deletion of media. If you have doubts or did not understand the instructions as I gave them, do not proceed!

Cheers,
Roodee

Nooo pheraps you dont understand,  in this way you delete movies...while i want delete only "genre 1080p" included in this movie

Hispa

Edited by Super957