A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Hello MBSki...

I really don't know.  I don't have any experience with plugins. 

Vic

you want me to compile all your work in a plugin for you?

The only thing is you'd have to maintain it, so... downloading visual studio community edition is probably a good idea.

you seem well versed in web based applications, so I can build up the plugin architecture so you can continue developing in js, and the backend C# will just load it for you... if you want :)  

• Like 3

VicMoore

Chef that sounds great.  I will download visual studio community edition and try to learn it.   I didn't know that javascript could be used in a plugin.  

Vic

1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

Chef that sounds great.  I will download visual studio community edition and try to learn it.   I didn't know that javascript could be used in a plugin.  

Vic

Oh yeah! And by the looks of it, you are going to do quite well with it!

Great work! 

• Like 2

Hey you, I'm now slowly devoting myself to the age ratings. Of course, it would be best to have a selection or a list of filters based on a call-up and not a fixed list, but maybe all that later.

Can you please add in the first step in the bulk and in the individual editing: parental_rating -> manage Lock. 

Furthermore, maybe something optical, in the filters you have written in numbers that should give you orientation in the code, but in the context of age ratings (numbers) it is rather confusing for the user. If necessary, left-align "Min:" tab ...

old

image.thumb.png.7b1a9e33c4b5ca96dac5f2a94efa91a8.png

new (without centring on the left but without numbers and separator "/")

image.thumb.png.c6eb1bc81247a568ed070ac1157b3025.png

As always, many THANKS!!!

Hi VicMoore,

great tool, it helps a lot. I had some issues getting it to work, but I had not read that it was tested in Chrome and Edge, and of course I tried to get it to work in FF. 🤔 🙄 🤫

One thing I would like to see is to copy tags.  For example, I have a number of tags on "John Wick", and then I get the "John Wick 2" DVD.  Most likely, I want to copy all tags from "John Wick" to "John Wick 2". Could be a 1:1 copy, or a 1:many copy.

One possibly way would be: Bulk Select a st of movies, then click on Bulk-Edit. Then there would be a new button: Synchronize Tags. It would read out all tags from all selected movies, and write them back to all movies in the selected group.

Just a thought. I had more ideas for version .38, but then 1.0 fixed them all.

Thanks for your work.
Cheers,
Roodee

VicMoore

Hello Roodee...

Thanks for the kind words...

I will consider your request.  I will get back to you tomorrow.

Vic

Hello VicMoore,

I have another mini-request, but only if it is not too much...

If the file-name or the directory name contain any of these:

• extended
  • UNRATED
  • UNCUT
  • UNCENSORED
  • regex:"Director'*s[-. _]Cut" 
  • REMASTERED
  • other keywords possible...

then add that as a tag (although I am thinking of writing a script).

Thank you!
Roodee

On 10/18/2022 at 12:40 AM, chef said:

you want me to compile all your work in a plugin for you?

The only thing is you'd have to maintain it, so... downloading visual studio community edition is probably a good idea.

you seem well versed in web based applications, so I can build up the plugin architecture so you can continue developing in js, and the backend C# will just load it for you... if you want :)  

It would be so cool if you could make a manual for that for everyone to learn from. Or a youtube video with camtasia or something along those lines. Or if anyone else can do that.

Cheers,
Roodee

43 minutes ago, Roodee said:

It would be so cool if you could make a manual for that for everyone to learn from. Or a youtube video with camtasia or something along those lines. Or if anyone else can do that.

Cheers,
Roodee

You are too funny...

How did you know this was made with Camtasia??

😆😆 Honestly is that just a coincidence? 

The videos are pretty bad though. I'm just the worst at YouTube videos. 😆😆😆

Edited by chef

29 minutes ago, chef said:

You are too funny...

How did you know this was made with Camtasia??

😆😆 Honestly is that just a coincidence?

The videos are pretty bad though. I'm just the worst at YouTube videos. 😆😆😆

😆😆😆

I would use camtasia... I got a license once for very cheap at HumbleBundle.  I need to watch that video of yours! Thanks for that.

• Haha 1

VicMoore

Hello Roodee...

I appreciate your suggestions...

Your idea for syncing tags is interesting but it can be done easily using bulk edit.  Just replace the tags on the selected items with the common tag set that you want..

On the idea of a manual, you will find my first try in the zip bundle for the tool.  I will take your advice and try to make the manual better.

Thanks again for your ideas Roodee..

Vic

VicMoore

Hello Chef...

I watched the video and read the articles on building Emby plugins.   While I was doing this I started to feel like I was back at work again 🙂   I just don't have the time at the moment to do this level of work.  My family commitments come first.  Don't take this as a criticism.  I value your comments.  My problem is a lack of time to bridge the learning curve for building and maintaining a plugin.   Now, if you could do all of the work to make the plugin, where all I have to do is maintain the javascript when you are finished, then I would be agreeable.  

Thanks Chef for all of your good ideas.... 

Vic

• Like 1

Hi guys, Hi @VicMoore , Hi @Luke,

I am not sure where this problem comes in exactly, but I have found out that I can add a specific tag several times.

The "Tool" does not show it, and emby "web" does not show it either. However, I found that that it is several times in the .nfo-file:

<tag>hidden</tag>
  <tag>controversial</tag>
  <tag>hidden</tag>
  <tag>controversial</tag>

<tag>Striptease</tag>
  <tag>Stripper</tag>
  <tag>Paris</tag>

I am uncertain if the "Tool" introduced this issue, or if emby works like that by default. Maybe it is an issue I caused myself by re-adding existing tags.

For myself, I will write a small bash/sed-script to clean this up. I have not understood the ins and outs of emby nor the "Tool" to write code to fix this otherwise.

Cheers,
Roodee

VicMoore

Hello Roodee...

I check for duplicate tags. The tool updates the Emby DB via the Emby API.  I never work with NFO files.  I think what you are seeing is how Emby works.  

Vic

I click on tag channels:

image.thumb.png.3f76fda50bedf5a9828bfc32111cf016.png

But in this screen i cant click on anything. Not Filters, Not Return and Not on the channels.

And i have more channels than this so its not listing all channels

image.thumb.png.d17c9f3fe1424d366eb489390c06a050.png

VicMoore

Hello Flippz...

You are right.  I didn't finish channel tagging for IPTV.  It should work OK for the virtual TV plugin.  I stopped working on tagging IPTV channels because I don't have a way to test it at the moment.  If you really need this feature then I will get IPTV running in Emby.  My friend Kanipec helped me to get it running a few weeks ago. However, after a few day, I ran into some trouble and didn't have the time to fix it. 

On the other hand, if you are using VirtualTV, then there is a bug at fault.  You can bring up the browsers console to see the error.  

Vic

VicMoore

Hello again Flippz...

I tested the code again for channel editing for VirtualTV and everything worked OK.  I use this feature often to change channel names.  

Is your problem with VirtualTV or with IPTV?

Vic

6 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Hello again Flippz...

I tested the code again for channel editing for VirtualTV and everything worked OK.  I use this feature often to change channel names.  

Is your problem with VirtualTV or with IPTV?

Vic

Hello, Its with IPTV.

VicMoore

thanks Flippz...

Yes IPTV channel editing is broken.  I would like to try out your server, to see what's failing.   Send the signon info to vic@victormoore.com    Thats very kind of you.

I worked on the channel editor today and added editing the channel logo image.  When I have this feature finished, I will post the code.  

Vic