A tool for tagging Emby content

VicMoore
GrimReaper
Message added by GrimReaper,

For Plugin version of the tool, go to:

VicMoore

Good morning Flippz...

Thank you for letting me use your Server for testing last night.  I collected a lot of data and will spend the next few days sorting through it.  I did discover that I was not saving channel tag changes. I will fix this soon.  I need to learn how Emby plays IPTV content. 

I programmed a simple iptv client to study how iptv works.  If you are interested, the code is attached below.  

Vic

iptv.html iptv.js

54 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Flippz...

Thank you for letting me use your Server for testing last night.  I collected a lot of data and will spend the next few days sorting through it.  I did discover that I was not saving channel tag changes. I will fix this soon.  I need to learn how Emby plays IPTV content. 

I programmed a simple iptv client to study how iptv works.  If you are interested, the code is attached below.  

Vic

iptv.html 1.51 kB · 0 downloads iptv.js 19.74 kB · 0 downloads

That was realy nice.

Will test it more later, now its time for some football :)

Will it be able to sort IPTV channels in emby? Right now the Emby Livetv sorting is just a mess, and u have to manually move one and one channel, witch is a hassle on big iptv lists. Tryed asking about it but no answer form developers. Now im hoping your app can do this :):) 

VicMoore

Good morning Flippz...

It would be something I would have to add.  Right now I am just trying to get IPTV working correctly.

Vic

1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Flippz...

It would be something I would have to add.  Right now I am just trying to get IPTV working correctly.

Vic

OK No problem. Tell me if there is something i can do to help 😁

13 hours ago, VicMoore said:

The latest code is attached below.  Editing channels should work now.  

Vic

tool_1.1.zip 5.32 MB · 2 downloads

Just had a short test.

When i select several channels i can edit them one by one, but i have to press save for every one and when i press save it takes me back to Live tv channel selcetion again. So there is no point in beein able to selct more than one channel. At least not if u want to edit them. Is this by design or a bug?

VicMoore

Sorry, my mistake.  I left out the bulk edit code.  I was testing, so I limited things to just one channel at a time.  I will put the code back in.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I will fix it tomorrow. May be I can do it later tonight. I will try 🙂

Vic

1 hour ago, VicMoore said:

Sorry, my mistake.  I left out the bulk edit code.  I was testing, so I limited things to just one channel at a time.  I will put the code back in.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I will fix it tomorrow. May be I can do it later tonight. I will try 🙂

Vic

Okey 😁 Do it when you got the time No hurry 👍😊

VicMoore

On channels I put the channel logo as background art.

Also I added to the  Tag pulldown list the option to delete a specific tag from a channel.

Kanipec and Flippz,  let me know if you have anymore great ideas.

The new code is below.

Vic

tool_1.3.zip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VicMoore said:

On channels I put the channel logo as background art.

Also I added to the  Tag pulldown list the option to delete a specific tag from a channel.

Kanipec and Flippz,  let me know if you have anymore great ideas.

The new code is below.

Vic

tool_1.3.zip 92.19 kB · 0 downloads

This is perfect. Working great. Thank you very much.

Only need the abillity to change channel default sorting now and Emby is finally usefull for live tv :)

VicMoore

Thanks Flippz...

I added today the ability to change channel logo images.   Just replace the old channels.js file with the one below.

Vic

channels.js

3 hours ago, VicMoore said:

The latest code is attached below. I finished the channel tagging code.  I will improve it further in a few days.

Vic

tool_1.4.zip 5.32 MB · 0 downloads

Missing tool.html, i took the one from 1.3.

Marking 1 channel and pressing Edit shows up Empty exept for the blue buttons on top

Marking several and pressing Bulk Returs almost empty, but Add Tag is there and Locks

Is it the tool.html that is wrong?

VicMoore

Hello Flippz...

Using the tool.js from 1.3 should not have been a problem.

if when you select one or more channels and click Edit you should see the Channel Editor screen.  If you don't the copy the console text and send it to me.

Vic

VicMoore

Kanipek has been giving me suggestion on how to improve channel tagging. I learned a great deal from him, including that each channel has three logo images.  The code below is the current implementation of the channel tagging code.

The attached zip file is the latest code. Everything is working except playing IPTV from the Program Guide.  Virtual TV content plays OK.   Everyone, please let me know if anything isn't working as expected or if you have suggested improvements.

Vic

tool_1.6.zip

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 5:09 AM, VicMoore said:

Kanipek has been giving me suggestion on how to improve channel tagging. I learned a great deal from him, ...

I love the fact that you give credit (to Kanipek) ...  I think that this is so important when people give things away for free, and if only their expertise!

Thanks, and Cheers,
Roodee

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

VicMoore

Thanks Roodee...

I appreciate your kind words.  So many people have contributed ideas and recommendations that have improved this tool.

Vic

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

JsinFate

Hello guys. Is there a way to use this tool to manage "Favorites"? I have hundreds of movies that I labeled as favorites, but have created a collection to use as a Watchlist instead. My problem is that I do not see a simple way to remove all the favorite tags from movies and tv shows.

Is there a file that I can edit or any suggestions?

Than you.

22 minutes ago, JsinFate said:

Hello guys. Is there a way to use this tool to manage "Favorites"? I have hundreds of movies that I labeled as favorites, but have created a collection to use as a Watchlist instead. My problem is that I do not see a simple way to remove all the favorite tags from movies and tv shows.

Is there a file that I can edit or any suggestions?

Than you.

That depends what you want to do with the favorites.  Add and / or remove to them or from them?

You can filter by them, and as far as I understand, you filter the favorites of the user that you start the tool with. If you use your "admin", you will see the admins favorites, and not see the favorites of a user. But you can start the tool as another user (other than the admin).

image.png.0a5bc80080c3b01c1294655f4ad1dec4.png

If you click on a movie-poster, you have the option to set it as favorite or remove it (do not forget to save afterwards):
image.png.a1796afbaa2bc5a87451bbbb55104c8a.png

You can also filter based on these "favorites" and tag them or do anything the tool allows (based on this users privileges in emby itself!):
image.png.0a688bcab7d72b5475684849b437af1e.png

Hope that helps!

Cheerios,
Roodee

Edited by Roodee
added note: based on this users privileges in emby itself!