Docker

Luke

hurricanehrndz

Hello :)

Why is it i lose all series information on restart and i have to update on start. another time it was my movie collection i had to update on every restart.

i think it setup right. all updates on restart is deactivated

sudo docker run -d --net=host  -v /home/config:/config -v /home/film/Film:/film -v /home/film/Serier:/Serier -e TZ=Europe/Brussels -e MB_USER_ID=1002 -e MB_GROUP_ID=1003 --name=mbserver emby/embyserver

Please check the permission of /home/config, also please ensure /home/config is not a temporary directory.

bncbnc83

Please check the permission of /home/config, also please ensure /home/config is not a temporary directory.

I have and its not. Login and movies and other stuff is still there. and if i change something its still changed

hurricanehrndz

I have and its not. Login and movies and other stuff is still there. and if i change something its still changed

How do you have the metadata setup?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

bncbnc83

How do you have the metadata setup?

standard settings. just tryed removing everything and restart. and its the same

------------------

Hmm sems to work after manual putting in meta bib

Edited by bncbnc83

• 4 weeks later...
EdgarWallace

I have installed the Emby Docker on unRAID 6.0.1 and was impressed by the amount of media file that Emby was recognizing when I first started the scraper. It even plays ISO files, something that Plex isn't able to do. My only issue that I'm having is the amount of resources that Emby is using. That's the reason for asking the first time for help here.

The amount of memory is going up and up and up... until it reaches 100% so that app's are being killed. This is what you see on screenshot-1. The screenshot-2 is showing the detailed Emby Docker memory usage.

I have also attached the syslog from the last 2 days. 

Would be great if someone could advise as I'm looking forward to use Emby on my iPad/iPhone as well as on various KODI instances (removing the centralized MariaDB which requires all KODI devices to be on the same version of KODI).

Here is the issue that you see in the syslog - it's full of these messages.

http://pastebin.com/sAc91NKK

Thanks a lot for any help.

hurricanehrndz

Wow that's crazy, I run on unraid and have never experienced this issue. Are you certain this is emby? Please provide emby logs, I would also recommend you do some digging through the processes and see what's really eating your memory

EdgarWallace

Indeed, that is crazy and yes I'm sure that we are talking about Emby. Have you see the ZIP file above...syslogs already attached :-) ?

Below is the overview of the container setup/volume mapping

Edited by EdgarWallace

EdgarWallace

Great - I really hope that you or someone else has a great idea. Would love to move away from Plex and MariaDB....delighted about that what Emby can do....

EdgarWallace

Did you had a look into the zip file of my very first post? Included there are files that sit in /mnt/user/.Docker/appdata/emby/logs. There are files like: server-63574273498.txt

Is that what you are looking for? If so it's all in the zip file.

The log that I can access from the webgui doesn't show any useful information. However I have it attached here as well.

hurricanehrndz

Thanks. Yes i need the ones from the gui, I need to see what the actual docker is doing as well. I'm trying to figure this one out, but just to give you a heads up I go on vacation soon. I will also be updating the docker soon too, and maybe that will clear the issues up. Thank you again for providing the files. 

Edited by hurricanehernandez

EdgarWallace

Thanks for you help. Have you seen any indication what went wrong?

I would appreciate an update and report back any further findings.

Enjoy you vacation.

hurricanehrndz

Nope, but I need to dig a little deeper. I hope to have a new container out soon.

hurricanehrndz

I looked through the logs and I can't find anything out of ordinary. Is the problem still persisting? The only thing I could think of that would cause this issue from my end would be if you used the restart button within Emby. That's why I'm trying to get an update out soon. Perhaps @@Luke can find something within the logs.

EdgarWallace

Thanks a lot - yes the issue is still persisting. You are correct, I have used the restart button on the Emby admin page.  Should I avoid it moving forward?

Thanks for your help.

hurricanehrndz

What plugins do you have installed? Also, I go on vacation on Thursday, in the meantime I'm working on updating the docker. Are you sure this emby and not another docker. If you don't run emby do the same issues occur?

EdgarWallace

I have only installed the TVHeadend plugin (screen shot 1).

Yes it's only the Emby docker that is causing the issue. I even closed all other docker and all VM's yesterday and Emby was using all memory resources until it crashed.

I also deleted the Emby docker, (remove: container & image) was running a scrubbing and reinstalled it. No changes. Another issue is that the refresh guide on the admin web page was showing 57,7% without any progression so basically stuck.

EdgarWallace

Here you are - I had to start Emby and this is the view after approximately 5min.: 

root@Tower:~# ps -A --sort -rss -o comm,pmem | head -n 11
COMMAND         %MEM
mono-sgen        4.7
forked-daapd     4.3
java             3.0
java             2.8
mysqld           1.2
Plex Media Serv  1.0
ghb              0.8
python           0.6
Plex DLNA Serve  0.4
krusader         0.4