Docker

Luke

dcrdev

I think I read somewhere that there's a cron job that should run at 3am every day to update Emby server, I've had the "available update" notification in Emby for several days now. Is the cron no longer part of the container?

hurricanehrndz

Should still be there, it also needs to be setup. A user needs to pass the appropriate environment variable. I believe it's AUTO_UPDATES=TRUE please verify that on github. The documentation is there. You can also run the update script via docker exec it in the root directory

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

mgworek

it is AUTO_UPDATES_ON=TRUE according to your docs but it hasn't been updating for me in awhile either. When you first put that in there, it worked great but the last few updates when the server tells me there is an update, it hasn't been updating itself at night.

hurricanehrndz

Try running the script via docker exec and report back. I will also do a check on it this weekend.

hurricanehrndz

This post doesn't belong in the docker section, this question has more to do with functionality and scraping. I think it would be best if you reposted your question in different subforum. 

EdgarWallace

Don't know if this is the right forum. I had a power failure yesterday an since then Emby is picking incorrect movies. E.g. when I was trying to launch "The Odd Couple" it was in fact starting "The Hurt Locker". TV-Shows and Collections are just fine. Additional all information in the metadata is accurate like path, file, etc.

EdgarWallace

I removed the whole movie directory and added it back in. I also deleted the cache. No luck. Log is attached below. 

Meanwhile it is reporting an error if I want to start a movie (no issues with home movies, tv-shows, music and collections, so only movies)

Help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

EdgarWallace

I removed the whole movie directory and added it back in. I also deleted the cache. No luck. Log is attached below. 

Meanwhile it is reporting an error if I want to start a movie (no issues with home movies, tv-shows, music and collections, so only movies)

Help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Guy's is that the right forum? Do I have to post it somewhere else? I'm pretty desperate as Emby is not usable right now.

Guy's is that the right forum? Do I have to post it somewhere else? I'm pretty desperate as Emby is not usable right now.

your log looks fine. you're saying the wrong movies are playing? are you sure that's not the cinema mode feature playing trailers? or is it possible the right video is playing but the metadata (poster) is in correct?

EdgarWallace

Thanks for having a look into this Luke.

It is playing movies not trailers unfortunately. When I am looking into the overview it is showing correct meta data but playing a completely different movie afterwards (meta data matches the poster)

EdgarWallace

Based on Luke's question I switched off Cinema Mode and Emby is playing the correct movies now. Can I assist in investigating what is going wrong here? Please advise. Thanks a lot.

I am guessing it is probably just playing trailers before the movie which is what cinema mode is designed to do

EdgarWallace

Luke, really not....it was playing movies that I am having on my disc and the log was showing it. Don't know what is going wrong ....

EdgarWallace

I have attached the screenshot. Is it possible that I have to remove "Path for Intros" (..I have actually deactivated Cinema Mode but the other options are untouched) ?

[EDIT #1] If I enable Cinema Mode and remove /mnt/Kino it is playing alright - after two messages "Video Error can't play..." I do believe that it can't find Trailers.

[EDIT #2] Yes it was indeed trying to plays these Trailers: "Die schönen Tage" and "Appropriate Behavior, einfach ungezogen....." Both are definitely not movies that I am having, so must be Trailer that Emby can't find.

Edited by EdgarWallace

Yes that is the problem. Please help us improve this. Can you read the help text and tell us why you thought it would be a good idea to point that folder at your entire movie collection? Your feedback will help us improve configuration interface. Thanks.

Ok but I'm still wondering about an answer to my question so that we can improve the configuration. In your mind, in post #312 Emby had become unusable when the actual problem was that you had designated your movie collection as custom intro files. So I want to learn what led you to configure it that way so that the next user doesn't come along and do the same thing and then wind up thinking there's an Emby problem.

EdgarWallace

Good question Luke, I'm afraid that I was just overwhelmed by the amount of options that Emby is providing. You might just add a big WARNING to it but other than that: It seems to be just me not being smart enough (..and I'm not collecting Trailer files, so was not even aware that this is a valid use case...).

My only remaining question is: why is is not playing Trailer. I have the plugin installed.

Edited by EdgarWallace

fantaxp7

Hey guys,

How are you all doing with transcoding? In my experiences it's not as efficient as windows server, but it seems really high to me. I just installed unraid and wanted to try out docker, I really like the minimalist approach to it. With one stream htop looks like this. Mind you my cpu is no slouch, a Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1275 V2 @ 3.50GHz

564f3709809a8_htop.png

hurricanehrndz

Was your windows sever using the gpu for transcoding at all?

Edited by hurricanehrndz

fantaxp7

Was your windows sever using the gpu for transcoding at all?

It was not, it was a KVM running in proxmox.  

I do still have that KVM and I may try to import into unraid, but I'd like to get this working with lower cpu percentage. 

With the windows KVM I had 3-4 people able to transcode offsite and it never had a problem. I am just a bit concerned with this one stream causing the huge cpu spike. Perhaps there are some settings with docker that I am not familiar with?