Docker

Luke

that was fixed. this version is from a few days ago. to the user - it's difficult for us to provide technical support when running from source, so if this isn't the kind of thing you're able to investigate yourself then please just use the stable release

eskay993

I can confirm your issue. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. I will post an update as soon as I know what's happening.

Thanks! Apologies, I saw you were working on something in an earlier post, didn't realise it was this issue.

Can you enable debug logging under advanced, repeat the test and post a new log? thanks.

Sure. Did it all from scratch again with debug enables. Here are the steps:

- Fresh pull from docker repo + empty /config folder so it starts from scratch

- Launch web console and create account

- Skip initial library set up

- Now add library folder (about 10 movies) and scan.

- At 10:16 timestamp I go to Movies > select Intersteller > click Play and nothing happens. Play button is highlighted with a blue border.

Tried in safari, firefox and chrome and same thing. There are errors all over the log, but not sure if they are critical or not.

Interestingly though, at around 10:18 I try the iOS app. and the movie plays but the total runtime is 0:00 and starts counting backwards into negative numbers. See screenshot. I also can't skip within the movie. I tried several different movies all the same thing. Maybe this is related.

Here is the server log:

http://pastebin.com/QfBFQP8e

and the transcode log (I assume for when I played the iOS app)

http://pastebin.com/UWFZNYRK

Screenshot of negative time:

IMG_0470.png

eskay993

Sorry, I'm a little confused. Am I not running the latest stable release? I just pulled from the official docker repo.

EDIT: Just to be clear, all I did was run "docker pull mediabrowser/mbserver". I haven't touched the source (I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had :)). I assume the docker is set up to download latest stable release?

Edited by eskay993

ok then we'll have to look into why it's pulling changes that go beyond the stable release

eskay993

Thanks Luke. 

I just spotted why. The Dockerfile is pulling from the daily PPA. Changed it stable and all is working fine.

I still can't seek within the movies though, but this is probably an unrelated issue. Transcode log says something about DTS error causing time issues. I will look into more info on this on the forums.

Thanks for you help.

Cheers

hurricanehrndz

Thanks Luke. 

I just spotted why. The Dockerfile is pulling from the daily PPA. Changed it stable and all is working fine.

I still can't seek within the movies though, but this is probably an unrelated issue. Transcode log says something about DTS error causing time issues. I will look into more info on this on the forums.

Thanks for you help.

Cheers

Is it really. There should be two docker files. I will double check them and address them accordingly. Thanks again for your help this has been fixed. @@eskay993

Edited by hurricanehernandez

Is it really. There should be two docker files. I will double check them and address them accordingly. Thanks again for your help this has been fixed. @@eskay993

Hurricane, using your docker for unRaid, using beta 6b14, everything went great and install was simple.

First run watching on a roku 2, it  buffered every 2 seconds.

I looked at the settings and set a path for transcoding on my cache drive to help with transcoding and while that let me watch the show it produced unsavory effects. when i choose to watch a tv show on my roku 2 device the CPU of my unraid box gets pegged at 99 to 100%.

I have Plex running as a plugin, same show same quality, start that show and my cpu may jump to 10 or 15%.

Some shows are full 1080p but most at 720p.

The roku is wireless, the wifi router is an asus n66U (plenty of bandwidth) not sure what else to tweak to make shows watchable and not pegged the system as the unraid box runs other things.

Just to be clear i run plex and watch the same shows and movies with no high cpu usage.

any help would be appriciated.

make sure you're on the latest emby roku channel. it will start high and then throttle down to a low number

make sure you're on the latest emby roku channel. it will start high and then throttle down to a low number

will do , i just downloaded it about a week ago but i will check.

I have not checked the Roku for any updates but i decided to use my pc (wireless) and I had the same result.

My CPU usage hovers around 50% and when emby starts t o play it spikes to 99%, i continued to watch and see the cpu and it dropped to about 96% and it stayed there. I close the show and it dropped back to 50%

While the show played i check the transcode folder and say it had a file of about 2MB.

I close emby fired up plex same show and cpu spiked to 67% for 15 seonds or so and it dropped back to 53 54%.

i have set the transcoding to automatic, but i tried the other options except the last one and still go the same results.

The only difference between the two is that emby is running in a docker and plex is a plugin on unraid.

Edited by flat4

• 2 weeks later...
MartinAyla

Hi guys

Thanks for all your work on Ember and Docker :)

Right now I'm running the Ember release for OS X (pkg), but I'm thinking about using Docker on OS X instead.

How would you say the performance differences are?

Will Ember in Docker run as fast/stable as Ember on OS X (which uses mono if I'm not mistaken)?

xelar

Hi guys!

Is there a docker version that is stable? Using the mediabrowser/mbserver image, I have the same issues that are reported throughout the Linux forum here (server halts at some points, leaving no usable logs, only way to bring it back to life is to restart it).

I have the feeling that emby becomes more and more unstable? :(

Thanks

I think it is just while running on Ubuntu that we're having some issues right n ow

bncbnc83

Just tryed to restart and i get this:

docker exec mbserver circusctl restart MediaBrowser
exec: "circusctl": executable file not found in $PATH
Cannot run exec command 5c225df4235fa373416c85196e0021a2637c5408ef25bdf5d24144d23d2486b6 in container c4fd0d9270e0a2f017c3ab39874f9d136ff818e148c5aa280f8dadc5e165a113: [8] System error: exec: "circusctl": executable file not found in $PATH
Error starting exec command in container 5c225df4235fa373416c85196e0021a2637c5408ef25bdf5d24144d23d2486b6: Cannot run exec command 5c225df4235fa373416c85196e0021a2637c5408ef25bdf5d24144d23d2486b6 in container c4fd0d9270e0a2f017c3ab39874f9d136ff818e148c5aa280f8dadc5e165a113: [8] System error: exec: "circusctl": executable file not found in $PATH

Just tryed to restart and i get this:

exec: "circusctl": executable file not found in $PATH

Cannot run exec command 5c225df4235fa373416c85196e0021a2637c5408ef25bdf5d24144d23d2486b6 in container c4fd0d9270e0a2f017c3ab39874f9d136ff818e148c5aa280f8dadc5e165a113: [8] System error: exec: "circusctl": executable file not found in $PATH

Error starting exec command in container 5c225df4235fa373416c85196e0021a2637c5408ef25bdf5d24144d23d2486b6: Cannot run exec command 5c225df4235fa373416c85196e0021a2637c5408ef25bdf5d24144d23d2486b6 in container c4fd0d9270e0a2f017c3ab39874f9d136ff818e148c5aa280f8dadc5e165a113: [8] System error: exec: "circusctl": executable file not found in $PATH

what exactly did you do?

hurricanehrndz

circusctl is no longer part of mbserver. Just start and stop the container. or docker exec ___ sv restart emby

Edited by hurricanehernandez

bncbnc83

what exactly did you do?

tryed to restart mediabrowser after reading manual/text in Download-Linux-docker

To restart the server:

circusctl is no longer part of mbserver. Just start and stop the container. or docker exec ___ sv restart emby

Thank you :)

MartinAyla

I agree that the Emby server is a bit unstable in docker. I hope that all Microsoft's dot net open-sourcing will help in this regard :)

if you have chapter image extraction enabled, disable it until the next release. an issue has been identified and resolved with that that may cause some instability.

mgworek

Not sure if this has been reported. This has happened twice today. I went back to the stable release because of issues a week ago but to get the updated kodi plugin working, i updated to the latest beta this morning.

Earlier I tried connected remotely to my server and it wouldn't connect. I connected to my home network and accessed the server locally and then all of sudden I could connect remotely.

Awhile ago I couldn't access my local server so I restarted it. About 10 minutes later I wanted to test something so I loaded the Emby Fire Tv app up. Nothing displayed and I got a bunch of volley.android error messages on my tv. I then loaded the server web page up on my computer then all of a sudden everything showed up on the Fire Tv app.

My docker is on my unread server. I hope this makes sense :)

Edited by mgworek

hurricanehrndz

I agree that the Emby server is a bit unstable in docker. I hope that all Microsoft's dot net open-sourcing will help in this regard :)

I haven't experience any instability but then again I have always had image extraction disable since day one. Hopefully the new release will address some of your issues.

bncbnc83

I haven't experience any instability but then again I have always had image extraction disable since day one. Hopefully the new release will address some of your issues.

Can someone tell me how to disable image extraction, and what problem you could run in to if you dont? :)

Well it's off by default so the same place where you enabled it :) (under metadata)

• Like 1