Docker

Luke

xelar

Hi,

even with chapter image extraction disabled and the latest docker image (using version 5607.1) emby just stops working internally at some point (same kind of errors described in the forums here, that you can still browse the webclient but the server actually does not produce any logs nor you can play media). If that is all related to ubuntu, I was wondering if it is possible to create a docker image based on CentOS or any other linux OS that is able to run emby in a stable manner?

It is really annoying to restart emby everytime you want to watch something. Yesterday it even stopped during playback and I had to restart again to continue watching. No usable error logs were produced. It just stopped...

Actually I found this log "unhandled_*.txt" that fits the time of crashing:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
System.NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper unknown) System.Threading.Monitor:FastMonitorEnterV4 (object,bool&)
  at System.Threading.RegisteredWaitHandle.Wait (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Edited by xelar

Hi,

even with chapter image extraction disabled and the latest docker image (using version 5607.1) emby just stops working internally at some point (same kind of errors described in the forums here, that you can still browse the webclient but the server actually does not produce any logs nor you can play media). If that is all related to ubuntu, I was wondering if it is possible to create a docker image based on CentOS or any other linux OS that is able to run emby in a stable manner?

It is really annoying to restart emby everytime you want to watch something. Yesterday it even stopped during playback and I had to restart again to continue watching. No usable error logs were produced. It just stopped...

at System.Threading.RegisteredWaitHandle.Wait (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19955-emby-crashing-ubuntu-server/?p=207271

hurricanehrndz

Hi,

This issue doesn't happen with Fedora, so if you a running a ubuntu vm I would switch to using another distro for your VM. We have seen this time  and time again with some users where it's the not the docker but actually the host os.

xelar

I'm running Debain Jessie and I actually have the same issues when running Emby natively.

This issue doesn't happen with Fedora, so if you a running a ubuntu vm I would switch to using another distro for your VM. We have seen this time  and time again with some users where it's the not the docker but actually the host os.

What do you mean by VM? I'm not running a VM at all.

Edited by xelar

hurricanehrndz

Well I will have a new build from the ground up that going to be considered experimental. Hopefully you can test and let me know experience. Could you also post your full log? Attach it actually. Can you also please let me know your cpu model. Kernel version as well.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

xelar

Can you setup a Docker image based on CentOS/Fedora instead of Ubuntu? I'm not that experienced with Docker, maybe I can try it myself tonight.

hurricanehrndz

I could but it would be of little use. The issues aren't with emby, they are more to do with issues between the kernel and mono. See for yourself:

http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7519

I'm going to build a docker that incorporates some of their suggestions. What would really help is getting the information that I requested in my previous response.

xelar

I'm sorry but I don't have more logs than that for now. Have to wait until emby crashes again - and even then, the logs are mostly not written.

I hope we can figure this out/fix it soon, though.

---

I compiled kernel 4.0.3 under Debian and now the Docker image runs as well as running emby from source (Mono 3.10, Mono 4 doesn't start) seems to be stable. Usually, with the old kernel emby would hang after a couple of hours.

Edited by xelar

mgworek

I could but it would be of little use. The issues aren't with emby, they are more to do with issues between the kernel and mono. See for yourself:

http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7519

I'm going to build a docker that incorporates some of their suggestions. What would really help is getting the information that I requested in my previous response.

hurricanehernandez,

I know you're working on the docker but just wanted to mention something. I posted previously about all of my problems with the Docker on unraid but the previous beta was 10000 times better. I was not having any issues except for one time when I had to reboot it.

Now since updating to  3.0.5607.2, the problems seem to be back. I have had to restart the docker 3 times in the past 24 hours. I just checked my unraid server and 50% of my cpu was in use for no reason. As soon as I killed the docker, it dropped to 0. Not sure what happened between 3.0.5607 and 3.0.5607.2.

hurricanehrndz

@@mgworek

Thanks for the heads up. If you can produce your logs so that the developers can have a look through it that would be appreciated. The builds are all automatic. So the docker io gets update once a new release has been compiled. I don't actively change anything for docker unless there is a bug with actually building of the image. That being said I'm working a new docker image that I would hope increases stability. I will PM you once it's ready. 

mgworek

Ok. Should I just got the emby  logs with debug on or should I get the unraid log as well?

mgworek

Ok, if this will help since I can't reproduce the problem while at work right now, here are my log after I rebooted yesterday evening till I had to reboot this morning due to the CPU usage. I have a remote user playing in the web client and I am playing everything locally in Kodi. We both got done watching stuff around 10pm last night.

mgworek

I don't think so, that is under MetaData > Advanced > Chapters, right? Nothing there is enabled.

I did have real time monitoring turned on and remember reading about problems with that last night so I just disabled it.

mgworek

Also just noticed Save artwork and metadata to media folders was enabled. Not sure why that is, I know it was disabled before because I thought it caused issues before.

I remember turning off  real time monitoring before as well so it seems somehow a couple of things got turned on. Weird.

Edited by mgworek

hansenetter

Hi,

I just installed the Emby Docker on a Synology DS-415 and now I can get an error message help me there one ?

Thanks in advance and see you soon .

2015-05-22 00:00:00.2173 Info - App: Application version: 3.0.5607.2
2015-05-22 00:00:00.2173 Info - App: Emby
    Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/bin/ffprobe
    Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: /config
    Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 12 18:04:15 UTC 2015)
    Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
2015-05-22 00:00:00.2189 Info - App: Application configuration:
    {"EnableUPnP":true,"PublicPort":8096,"PublicHttpsPort":8920,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"HttpsPortNumber":8920,"EnableHttps":false,"EnableUserSpecificUserViews":true,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"IsPortAuthorized":true,"MetadataPath":"","SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","SaveLocalMeta":true,"EnableLocalizedGuids":true,"EnableLibraryMetadataSubFolder":true,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"de","MetadataCountryCode":"DE","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeLibraryMonitorDelay":40,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableDashboardResourceMinification":true,"DashboardSourcePath":"","MergeMetadataAndImagesByName":true,"EnableStandaloneMetadata":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Movie","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["The Open Movie Database","TheMovieDb"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheMovieDb","FanArt","The Open Movie Database","Screen Grabber"]},{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":2,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["The Open Movie Database","TheTVDB","TheMovieDb"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheTVDB","FanArt","TheMovieDb"]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["MusicBrainz","TheAudioDB"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheAudioDB","FanArt","Image Extractor"]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["MusicBrainz","TheAudioDB"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheAudioDB","FanArt"]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["TheMovieDb"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheTVDB","FanArt"]},{"ItemType":"Episode","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicVideo","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Video","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Person","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["TheMovieDb"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheMovieDb","TheTVDB"]}],"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"de","PeopleMetadataOptions":{"DownloadActorMetadata":true,"DownloadDirectorMetadata":true,"DownloadProducerMetadata":true,"DownloadWriterMetadata":true,"DownloadComposerMetadata":true,"DownloadOtherPeopleMetadata":false,"DownloadGuestStarMetadata":false},"FindInternetTrailers":true,"InsecureApps9":["Chromecast","iOS","Unknown app","iPad","iPhone","Windows Phone"],"SaveMetadataHidden":false,"ContentTypes":[],"EnableAudioArchiveFiles":false,"EnableVideoArchiveFiles":false,"RemoteClientBitrateLimit":0,"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Beta","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":true,"EnableCustomPathSubFolders":true}
2015-05-22 00:00:00.2189 Info - App: Plugins:
2015-05-22 00:00:00.2189 Info - App: Start new log file Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-05-22 00:19:02.7410 Info - App: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Refresh Guide
2015-05-22 00:19:02.7410 Info - App: Queueing task RefreshChannelsScheduledTask
2015-05-22 00:19:02.7410 Info - App: Executing Refresh Guide
2015-05-22 00:19:03.3042 Info - App: Refresh Guide Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-05-22 00:59:59.9995 Info - App: DailyTrigger fired for task: Chapter image extraction
2015-05-22 00:59:59.9995 Info - App: Queueing task ChapterImagesTask
2015-05-22 00:59:59.9995 Info - App: Executing Chapter image extraction
2015-05-22 01:00:00.6044 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for 47 Ronin because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2015-05-22 01:00:01.5329 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Breakdown because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2015-05-22 01:00:01.8906 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Der Name der Rose because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2015-05-22 01:00:02.0842 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Die Unfassbaren - Now You See Me because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.

hansenetter

Hi,

the last 4 lines in the logfile the system stopping chapter extraction. 

because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.

or is this no error because why they stopping ?

Thanks in advance and see you soon .

hurricanehrndz

Usually I have chapter extraction disable, that being said your mkv or media file could be corrupt that is not a bug with emby.

hurricanehrndz

For the mbserver docker there is a daily or dev tag, check it out on the repository. For the emby repo, there is no dev or daily yet.

xelar

Hi guys,

I wanted to share my setup with Docker and Debian 8 (on self-compiled kernel 4.0.3) and systemd.

A prerequisite is the systemd-docker wrapper from here https://github.com/ibuildthecloud/systemd-docker. Simply follow the instructions in the readme to install.

Here is my emby-docker.service file that goes into /etc/systemd/system/

[Unit]
Description=Emby-Server Docker
After=docker.service
Requires=docker.service

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/bin/systemd-docker run --rm --name %n --net=host -v /media/mbconf:/config -v /media:/media -e TZ='Europe/Berlin' -e MB_USER_ID=1001 -e MB_GROUP_ID=1003 emby/embyserver
Restart=always
RestartSec=10s
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=all
TimeoutStartSec=120
TimeoutStopSec=15

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Using this you can simply start/stop/restart emby using 

sudo systemctl start/stop/restart emby-docker

The cool thing about it is that to update emby to the latest version you only need to run the following commands. You can also put that in a script and automate it.

sudo systemctl stop emby-docker
sudo docker pull emby/embyserver
sudo systemctl start emby-docker

Hope that helps or gives some inspiration to you.

Cheers

• Like 2