Docker

Luke

thefirstofthe300

Apparently 4.0.4 has a fix for the filesystem corruption. At least in Arch. You may want to double check.

xelar

Apparently 4.0.4 has a fix for the filesystem corruption. At least in Arch. You may want to double check.

Probably Arch has included the patch in it's latest kernel. However, the current 4.0.4 of the official Linux kernel does not include the fix.

Apparently it is an EXT4 RAID issue, so as long as you don't use RAID you should be fine.

But still, I think it will be patched in the next stable 4.0.5, so an upgrade is advisable.

Edited by xelar

johnodon

UPDATE:  Stay tuned.  I deleted all of the logs, ran the newperms script on the Emby config directory and restarted the container.  So far so good.  I wil continue to watch and report back if the unhandled errors reappear.

HH,

I am using your Emby Server Docker template (v3.0.5621.4) on unRAID.  Here is my template contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Container>
  <Name>EmbyServer</Name>
  <Description>Emby Server is a home media server built on top of other popular open source technologies such as Service Stack, jQuery, jQuery mobile, and Mono. Bringing together movies, music, television and more in one dazzling interface.[br][br]
[b][span style=\'color: #E80000;\']Directions:[/span][/b][br]
[b]/config[/b] : set this path to where you wish Emby to store it\'s configuration.[br]
[b]/mnt[/b] : this path is used to add library locations to Emby.[br]
</Description>
  <Registry>https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/emby/embyserver/</Registry>
  <Repository>emby/embyserver</Repository>
  <BindTime>true</BindTime>
  <Privileged>false</Privileged>
  <Environment/>
  <Networking>
    <Mode>host</Mode>
    <Publish>
      <Port>
        <HostPort>8096</HostPort>
        <ContainerPort>8096</ContainerPort>
        <Protocol>tcp</Protocol>
      </Port>
    </Publish>
  </Networking>
  <Data>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/cache/docker/embyserver</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/config</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/mnt</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
  </Data>
  <Version>91dfda99</Version>
  <WebUI>http://[IP]:[PORT:8096]/</WebUI>
  <Banner>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Resources/master/images/Logos/logo.png</Banner>
  <Icon>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Resources/master/images/Logos/logoicon.png</Icon>
  <ExtraParams></ExtraParams>
</Container>

The server appears to be running normally, however, I just took a look at the logfile and notice that it was constantly filling.  I was curious so I looked in \\unraid\cache\docker\embyserver\logs and there are nearly 68,000 log files dated between 30MAY2015 and 01JUN2015.  Most are named unhandled_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt (I have attached one of them).

I have also attached the last 3 server-xxxxxx.txt log files.

All of the "unhandled" log files pretty much have the same content:

One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Address already in use
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.CreateSocket () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener..ctor (ILogger logger, System.Net.IPAddress addr, Int32 port, Boolean secure, System.String certificateLocation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.GetEPListener (ILogger logger, System.String host, Int32 port, SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener listener, Boolean secure) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal (ILogger logger, System.String p, SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener listener) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener (ILogger logger, SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener listener) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost+<Init>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

unhandled_8d325108-6096-4412-99fc-baf748620a44.txt

server-63568738707.txt

server-63568738702.txt

server-63568713600.txt

Edited by johnodon

hurricanehrndz

Please don't use the restart button when run emby in a docker container. It will cause a lot of issues.

• Like 1

johnodon

Please don't use the restart button when run emby in a docker container. It will cause a lot of issues.

Crud...that is exactly what was doing it.  Thanks HH!

MartinAyla

How does Emby compare performance wise between running the server on:

* Windows (native)

* OS X (Mono)

* Linux (Mono)

* Linux (Docker)

What should I use to get the best performance (quick scans, transcoding etc.)?

hurricanehrndz

I have never used the windows version, so I can't say. All I know is that using the docker version is very responsive and transcoding works well. In terms of scans there are so many variables that have a greater effect other than the platform. My library is bigger than 24TB and my scans take less than 3 minutes.

Edited by hurricanehernandez

FlyGuy94

Hi new here. I have installed emby in docker on my synology  and its running well but there is a big issue. Whenever I restart the server with the synology-gui it resets emby and when it restarts it goes all the way back to the first startup wizzard. :( I have read the forum a bit and know that I shouldn't be restarting emby from the emby dashboard. But other than that I have no idea.

hurricanehrndz

First of you need the shutdown button in order to restart. Secondly it sounds like you have one of two problems, one you aren't mapping volumes to make your configuration persistent or two you keep running the docker run command rather than using the docker start command after the initial docker run command.

FlyGuy94

Well thats the good and the bad thing about synology. I don't need to use any commands cause everything done automatically in DSM. It auto downloaded the latest image. And i can only klik start stop and restart. But in the setting there is a setting to mount shares or folders for emby to use. I needed to add my video's folder so emby can find my media but what do I need to mount to keep my config persistent?

hurricanehrndz

A folder called /config perhaps you will need to post or ask one of the synology guys because I have no clue how they incorporate the official image.

udo.christ

Well thats the good and the bad thing about synology. I don't need to use any commands cause everything done automatically in DSM. It auto downloaded the latest image. And i can only klik start stop and restart. But in the setting there is a setting to mount shares or folders for emby to use. I needed to add my video's folder so emby can find my media but what do I need to mount to keep my config persistent?

In the Syno docker gui stop the container, select it and click edit. On the volume tab you can mount the file systems. This is hidden under the advanced button when you create a container from an image the first time.

FlyGuy94

Yes thats what I said I can mount my video's folder. But its not showing the filesystem its hidden so I can't find/select the /config folder. I guess I have to try to mount it manually in the commandline.

hurricanehrndz

It's not going to show any filesystem from the docker container. You need to create a folder or share on your system and then mount it as "/config" very similar to how you did your videos folder. At least I am assuming. 

FlyGuy94

Yeah I deleted everything and redid all from the commandline. Its working perfectly now and its picked up in the GUI so I can stop/start it from there. Thanks guys. One more question I read about auto updating emby in docker. Is it implemented yet or do I have to do it manually still?

hurricanehrndz

It is implemented, you need to create the container with the appropriate environment variable. Please look at the appropriate thread. Only for docker.

• 2 weeks later...
2webbed

Hi All

I have the docker version of emby installed on a unRAID server. Each time I reboot the unRAID server and then go into emby it starts at the wizard.

I lose all my existing configs. I have reinstalled the docker 3 times so far and each time same.

I have even restored the backup config files and it still runs the wizard.

Any ideas or should I just use a linux VM distro?

Thanks

Michael

hurricanehrndz

Your not using the volumes. Please see the docker page for run command example.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

2webbed

Sorry, I am not sure where to look for the docker page.

My settings are

Volume                         Host

/config                          /opt/appdata/emby/
/mnt                             /mnt
/mediabrowser1           /mnt/disk1/MediaBrowser/
/mediabrowser2           /mnt/disk2/MediaBrowser/

2webbed

I am using the webui to install. So I do not know the run command. Sorry, very new to unRAID.

hurricanehrndz

Oh you are using unraid. Well I'm guessing /op/appdata/emby is memory directory for you. You need to change that value, make it point to cache only directory. 

2webbed

OK. That worked. Now it stays after reboots.

Thanks so much.

Edited by 2webbed

hurricanehrndz

OK. That worked. Now it stays after reboots.

However, now I get a new error

Error: NameResolutionFailure

when running schedule commands to check app and plugins updates.

Also, when on plugins page it shows no plugins. The server can ping emby.media but apparently emby docker cannot.

Had this error before but a re-install fixed it. But not now. Some network error but no idea how to verify that in emby.

That is an unraid bug, please check the forums of lime-tech. There was a bug introduce in one of the rc versions.