Plex DLNA Serve  0.3
shfs             0.3
docker           0.3
syslog-ng        0.2
forked-daapd     0.2
Edited by EdgarWallace

airbillion
Hello,

I tried updating the emby-beta to the latest release (08-18) and have an error when the container starts:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
Local time is now:      Tue Aug 18 11:42:26 EDT 2015.
Universal Time is now:  Tue Aug 18 15:42:26 UTC 2015.

usermod: no changes
ls: cannot access /opt/emby-server: No such file or directory
chown: missing operand after ‘nobody:users ’
Try 'chown --help' for more information.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 41
./run: line 4: cd: /opt/emby-server/: No such file or directory
setuser: cannot execute mono-sgen: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
./run: line 4: cd: /opt/emby-server/: No such file or directory......

Is there an issue with the latest emby-beta?

I also get the same error with the dev release....the stable one works fine though...

Is there anything I should change?

Thanks!
modify_inline.gif
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:55:43 AM by airbillion »

hurricanehrndz

The docker beta needs the install script updated, I will get this done on September 1st. Please stick to the stable version for now.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

airbillion

The docker beta needs the install script updated, I will get this done on September 1st. Please stick to the stable version for now.

OK... Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mgworek

Not sure were to post this so doing it here. I am trying  out Cinema mode on the web client for the first time. It fails whenever it tried to play the trailer. If I turn off trailers, my movie plays fine. I have the trailers plugin installed and I also tried the intro plugin. I am a paid supporter.

I get a pop up after a few seconds saying "Video Error There was an error playing the video"

Log is attached. the errors are on the end of it.

Edited by mgworek

EdgarWallace

I removed all sources and was adding it all back but one by one followed by a complete scan after each addition. I have now my Movies, TV Shows and Music available w/o the annoying memory issue. However when I was adding my ~10.000 pictures the memory issue came back.

Is anyone else running a source with a similar amount of Photo's not having the memory error?

Edited by EdgarWallace

Has the install script for embyserver-beta been updated? I pulled today and it is still failing (the non-beta runs well):

obguy@server1:~$ sudo docker logs EmbyServer
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...

Current default time zone: 'Etc/UTC'
Local time is now: Wed Sep 2 13:17:39 UTC 2015.
Universal Time is now: Wed Sep 2 13:17:39 UTC 2015.

ls: cannot access /opt/emby-server: No such file or directory
chown: missing operand after ‘nobody:users ’
Try 'chown --help' for more information.
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 42
Cannot open assembly '/opt/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe': No such file or directory.
Sep 2 13:17:40 server1 syslog-ng[50]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Cannot open assembly '/opt/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe': No such file or directory.

I'm thinking about moving from Emby CentOS packages to Emby docker container.

I would like to do this, without having to recreate my libraries, settings, users, viewed states, etc.

I was thinking about modifying the paths in my library database as I did when Emby packages switched from /var/opt/MediaBrowser to /var/lib/emby-server since from the container point of view the new root path for media will be /media and for config, /config. Am I correct?

Would this be really necessary to move to a Docker container?

Thanks.

hurricanehrndz

The root path for your media doesn't have to be media. You can add additional volumes or volumes that reflect your current setup, so if you media is on /mnt you can just add /mnt as a volume "-v /mnt:/mnt" In terms of the config folder yes, you will have to update the database with your new programdata folder location.  There are ways to do it so that you don't have to update the database with the new library path, but it would be a bit of work and it might not be worth it to you. If you like I can give you those as well.

The root path for your media doesn't have to be media. You can add additional volumes or volumes that reflect your current setup, so if you media is on /mnt you can just add /mnt as a volume "-v /mnt:/mnt" In terms of the config folder yes, you will have to update the database with your new programdata folder location. There are ways to do it so that you don't have to update the database with the new library path, but it would be a bit of work and it might not be worth it to you. If you like I can give you those as well.

Understood. So to summarise for my media that is under let's say "/storage" I can directly use "-v /storage:/storage" when running the container; for programdata I will need to update the library DB replacing the path "/var/lib/emby-server" with "/config". Correct?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hurricanehrndz

Understood. So to summarise for my media that is under let's say "/storage" I can directly use "-v /storage:/storage" when running the container; for programdata I will need to update the library DB replacing the path "/var/lib/emby-server" with "/config". Correct?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've got emby server running in a docker container on my Synology DS415+. All is well and i've got the ports all mapped through to non-standard ports (ports 32780 and such)

Two questions:

1. I've not seen any problems with mapping the emby ports out to these much high port numbers so far. The media streams locally without too much ado in a browser, and through to kodi just fine once i got my path substition working properly. Can anyone see or foresee any problems doing this?

2. Emby Server is telling me the version i am running is old and should be updated. What is the update process for the docker file? Do i do the update manually(i have no diea how to do this), or do i just wait for the emby/embyserver docker repo to be updated and let the auto_update_on=true environment variable take care of it?

Thanks

Bushy

hurricanehrndz

Hi All,

I've got emby server running in a docker container on my Synology DS415+. All is well and i've got the ports all mapped through to non-standard ports (ports 32780 and such)

Two questions:

1. I've not seen any problems with mapping the emby ports out to these much high port numbers so far. The media streams locally without too much ado in a browser, and through to kodi just fine once i got my path substition working properly. Can anyone see or foresee any problems doing this?

2. Emby Server is telling me the version i am running is old and should be updated. What is the update process for the docker file? Do i do the update myanually(i have no diea how to do this), or do i just wait for the emby/embyserver docker repo to be updated and let the auto_update_on=true environment variable take care of it?

Thanks

Bushy

Hey Bushy,

So here are your answers,

1.) I don't for see any issues. PS remapping the ports like you have is better for security purposes anyhow. Well done.

2.) I would recommend waiting for the auto update, it should update at 3am or so. You could do a manual update, which is basically a docker pull emby/emby-server. I'm not sure if synology has an easier method, unRAID sure does. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the response @@hurricanehrndz.

The port mapping happen accidentally after i let the docker container automatically map them the first time round. I just stuck with them. I've seen the auto-update process run once, but i don't think the container had been updated so it had no effect. Does the person or people who maintain emby/embyserver frequent this or other emby forums? 

• 2 weeks later...
hurricanehrndz

Yeah, the whole is pretty much here and we are always in and out. I maintain the dockers.

• Like 1

Mdaloha77

few questions...

1. why on https://emby.media/downloads/linux-server -"section docker" is not mentioned such a elementary information as official emby docker repository "emby/embyserver" ?

2. also there is not mention of limitations running emby in docker as problems like "restart button", extraction of images from video files and perhaps some others.

And last...how many devs working on docker version? I ask because I would like to avoid the same fiasco as with ubuntu and centos installation...broken installations, leaving devs etc.

hurricanehrndz

1. The repository is mention in the run instructions.

2. Issues with docker get resolved as they are mentioned and brought to light. I fixed the restart button a long time ago.

3. As of now there is only myself working on the docker as well as the Debian versions. I know some fixes have taken me awhile to get to lately, but that's because I'm working on some major fixes. Please understand that I also hold two full time jobs and that I try and contribute as much as I can whenever possible. There is a lot going to be coming out in the next week for both ubuntu and docker. Please list all issues you are encountering and I will try and address as many as possible. I haven't found image extraction not to work, I just find that it best not to have it enabled on the first library scan.

Edited by hurricanehrndz

hurricanehrndz

No worries. Is there anything particular you would like addressed, also if you want to contribute with anything even if it's the documentation your help is welcomed