Docker

Luke

So... can you please tell me where I can get the new file for replacing it?

I'm searching at github but I can't find it. Tnx.

Edited by Sergio

hurricanehrndz

The one in the container is fine as well. Is there something that is not working for you?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

In fact no... but as I saw there where so many differences (quoted above) I thought that some new functionality could possibly not work so well without it.  :huh:

hurricanehrndz

Nope, if anything you probably ensured the container would keep working by keeping the old files because the only edits made to the files are by the container itself an it needs those edits in order to keep functioning correctly

• Like 1

gstuartj

Is the stable branch (old Docker image) not receiving an update to 3.0.5785? I was looking forward to the Firefox improvements/getting rid of my Nginx robots.txt hack.

hurricanehrndz

Yes, it is. Sorry I had to rework the structure of repo and have updated docker to build against the new folder structure. I should have this done today. 

• Like 1

hurricanehrndz

No trouble it our pleasure. If you can't wait a couple of hours you can try our testing image. It has the newest stable binaries. 

arckosfr

Hey,

Like i said on the docker hub, there is no support of symlink, i see them but the video never load, i thinks it's not a docker limitation, cause with user we have tried with a custom emby docker on Alpine and it work.

Hardlink is really painfull to manage ^^'

hurricanehrndz

Thank you for posting here. Can you please post your logs, your transcoding logs would be beneficial as well. Also, it would be helpful to know the full path of the real file on the host system and the symlink on the host as well. Please also post the output of docker inspect for the container.

hurricanehrndz

You should be able to export them from the interface under administration. If not /config/logs

thefirstofthe300

I am now running Docker on my server mostly so that I can learn the new technology.  I went to update Emby with the latest docker image as my server is using 3.0.5784.0 and 5785.0 is now out.  However, I noticed that the docker hub builds (dev, beta, and latest) are failing.  I saw that you say you are reworking the directory structure; however, you also said that it would be completed a couple days ago.  Any update on the new Docker builds? 

thefirstofthe300

Sounds great!  Thanks for putting the Docker image together, hurricane!

hurricanehrndz

Images should be building successfully now. I have addressed the issue and builds are queued. By the way, testing Image is practically ready for release. Only thing left is some renaming and one final go around of test. I should have the test image push to stable by the end of next week so do not get to comfortable with that release. Visit the wiki to prep for release. 

EdgarWallace

Hurricane, is it required that your Docker is setting up a "user" share in unRAID? Is is possible to avoid that and move the files into the app data directory? Or have I missed something? Thanks a lot.

Edited by EdgarWallace

hurricanehrndz

I'm assuming your talking about the "/opt" directory? Or exactly what are you referring to?

thefirstofthe300

Wow that was a fast response.

Thanks...I think I am gonna just go to beta so that I can get back to testing anyway.  :)