Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

ferzal
On 25/05/2022 at 12:41, roaku said:

Let me know if you're seeing this error in your logs:

No it's loading the right beta version (even tried dev for a bit).  Config page loads fine.  Can't get get icons to show for anything no matter how simple.  Made a simple mediastream rule to match anything with audio in the end (whcih should be everything of course) and I get nothing. No hints in the log.  I might try later when the new version of Emby and your plugin are more in-sync.

I'm using Windows server for Emby if that makes any difference.  I noticed you said something earlier in the thread about having to use a special backup font file for Windows that you have to remember to add to your releases.

roaku
7 minutes ago, ferzal said:

No it's loading the right beta version (even tried dev for a bit).  Config page loads fine.  Can't get get icons to show for anything no matter how simple.  Made a simple mediastream rule to match anything with audio in the end (whcih should be everything of course) and I get nothing. No hints in the log.  I might try later when the new version of Emby and your plugin are more in-sync.

I'm using Windows server for Emby if that makes any difference.  I noticed you said something earlier in the thread about having to use a special backup font file for Windows that you have to remember to add to your releases.

Make sure you've selected the library you want from the drop-down selector at the top of the config page *and* set the 'active' toggle for that library.

lardners
7 hours ago, roaku said:

Make sure you've selected the library you want from the drop-down selector at the top of the config page *and* set the 'active' toggle for that library.

I am also using a Windows Emby server, and I cannot get any mediastream rules to work (i gave examples earlier in this thread).

No icons are displaying, this is with server 4.7.1.0 and iconic 2.1.0.2 Beta (also tried the 2.1.0.3 Dev)

I have the correct library selected (Movies), and set to active

image.png.e141f881fe34419e1ddc3bb33c262d27.png

image.png.310ebe889127e88df46cfd475cb0690f.png

Do you have a Windows environment to test with? Have you replicated this problem on your end?

roaku
1 hour ago, lardners said:

I am also using a Windows Emby server, and I cannot get any mediastream rules to work (i gave examples earlier in this thread).

No icons are displaying, this is with server 4.7.1.0 and iconic 2.1.0.2 Beta (also tried the 2.1.0.3 Dev)

I have the correct library selected (Movies), and set to active

image.png.e141f881fe34419e1ddc3bb33c262d27.png

image.png.310ebe889127e88df46cfd475cb0690f.png

Do you have a Windows environment to test with? Have you replicated this problem on your end?

I should be able to look at your issue tonight (+8 hours or so).

ferzal
11 hours ago, roaku said:

I've had all config set right.  It's pretty easy to follow (just a matter of trying to figure out the minimum number of rules to accomplish something without NOT and OR operators which will be awesome when you get around to implementing).

Same issue as lardners above.  I've scoured the log and have definitely witnessed the images regen rather than getting constant cache versions.  I have not tried matching tags because I don't use them (as there's no auto-tagging method finished yet that I'm aware of) but I can tag a few and try that.

roaku

@ferzal @lardners

Please install Beta 2.1.0.4 from the catalog and let me know if this fixes your MediaStream rules.

• Thanks 1

tmb4016

Brief test on my installation on Windows server - 

Media Stream rules seem to work ok on mine with 2.1.0.4 and 4.8.0.0 on movies and TV.

• Like 1

lardners
6 hours ago, roaku said:

@ferzal @lardners

Please install Beta 2.1.0.4 from the catalog and let me know if this fixes your MediaStream rules.

@roaku

All good for me when testing this morning. Thanks for looking into it and fixing so quickly.

• Like 1

roaku

I just pushed Beta version 2.1.0.5 to the catalog.

This adds a New Release rule to Movies, Extras and TV Episodes, allowing you to show an icon for a configurable number of months after an item's Release Date.

The other features from this release are described here:

I'm just about ready to publish 2.1.0 as a stable release, so please let me know if you find any bugs.

Kev Vader

Hi,

Thanks for the fast troubleshooting on this issue.

As it turns out it was just one of many I've experienced with emby over the past month or so, so I think I will be going back to Win7 and MediaBrowser, which seems to me to be far more functional for me.

Ribesg

Looks like folder filter for shows doesn't work. I'm running 2.1.0.5 on Emby 4.7.2.0 on a Ubuntu server.

I have a Series library with 3 folders: series, 4k-series and hdr-4k-series.

I added a rule on the Series library like this:

image.png.1068bceddba6edb9a7ac514f7c5d1b65.png

This seems to show the icon on all Continuing series, whatever the folder.

If I change the rule Folder value to 4k-series, it appears only a few Ended series located in the series folder. Weird

Anyway, I just want to add icons to shows that are in a certain folder so I wanted to make both continuing and ended rules with the same icon using the folder to discriminate but that doesn't work.

It would also be nice to be able to order rules, to order icons. And obviously negative rules

I also tried tagging the series, 4k-series and hdr-4k-series folders and use the Tags rule but that doesn't work either. Idk maybe tags don't inherit in Emby or the plugin doesn't look for inherited tags

Edited by Ribesg

roaku
On 6/4/2022 at 5:11 AM, Ribesg said:

Looks like folder filter for shows doesn't work. I'm running 2.1.0.5 on Emby 4.7.2.0 on a Ubuntu server.

I have a Series library with 3 folders: series, 4k-series and hdr-4k-series.

I added a rule on the Series library like this:

image.png.1068bceddba6edb9a7ac514f7c5d1b65.png

This seems to show the icon on all Continuing series, whatever the folder.

If I change the rule Folder value to 4k-series, it appears only a few Ended series located in the series folder. Weird

Anyway, I just want to add icons to shows that are in a certain folder so I wanted to make both continuing and ended rules with the same icon using the folder to discriminate but that doesn't work.

It would also be nice to be able to order rules, to order icons. And obviously negative rules

I also tried tagging the series, 4k-series and hdr-4k-series folders and use the Tags rule but that doesn't work either. Idk maybe tags don't inherit in Emby or the plugin doesn't look for inherited tags

I found and hopefully fixed a regression I introduced when 'simplifying' a section of code.

Version 2.1.1 should solve your folder problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ribesg

Seems better but I still see a lot of weird issues. Here's my setup:

image.png.1d693f827bf32dfb35a5ce6b54f15d04.png

- I see a lot of series without any icon, both continuing and ended.

- I also see some images with previous test configurations when I was putting random icons just to see if they would appear

- It looks like any show with any icon defined in my config, the image is entirely correct: both expected icons on the right show

Overall it looks like half shows have been handled correctly and half display a previous image, either without any icon or with a test icon defined previously. Maybe I need to clean some cache, but I thought changing the config already did that. Where are those pictures stored in the Emby cache folder?

Edited by Ribesg

roaku
34 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

Seems better but I still see a lot of weird issues. Here's my setup:

image.png.1d693f827bf32dfb35a5ce6b54f15d04.png

- I see a lot of series without any icon, both continuing and ended.

- I also see some images with previous test configurations when I was putting random icons just to see if they would appear

- It looks like any show with any icon defined in my config, the image is entirely correct: both expected icons on the right show

Overall it looks like half shows have been handled correctly and half display a previous image, either without any icon or with a test icon defined previously. Maybe I need to clean some cache, but I thought changing the config already did that. Where are those pictures stored in the Emby cache folder?

Try deactivating that library in Iconic (UI toggle at the top of the config page), then scroll through your library to verify that all your images lose their icons.

Then reactivate the library.

You shouldn't ever have to manually empty the Emby image cache.

Edited by roaku

Ribesg

It didn't work at first, but disabling local cache in the Chrome DevTools did, so that's for the "old config" images problem.

After re-enabling the config and browsing to my series with the cache disabled, I still have more or less half the shows without icons.

roaku
5 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

It didn't work at first, but disabling local cache in the Chrome DevTools did, so that's for the "old config" images problem.

After re-enabling the config and browsing to my series with the cache disabled, I still have more or less half the shows without icons.

Ok, then most likely those shows are being disqualified during the rule analysis for some reason. Could be a bug or could be correct.

Can you verify for one of these shows that its Emby metadata actually has the correct status information and that the show is in a valid folder for the rule?

Could you also share the library path here for that show?

Ribesg

I opened the first show without icons and hit Edit Metadata, here is what it displays:

image.png.de2dc398f51e045606c343400bdb71da.png

So this one says Ended and it's correct. But I didn't know if maybe the display show Ended if the metadata isn't there, so here's another one that is Continuing:

image.png.a85620cfb4e659ab855d455f39813ab6.png

Paths seem right, the rules should apply. Lastly, here's one where the icons are displayed, from the same folder:

image.png.7ef9c3bb0d7eb39c529d4e0a4c77f2a7.png

I can't seem to be able to find a clear discriminatory factor between those that work and those that do not, but the same ones fail if I disable and then re-enable so it's at least deterministic, not random.

roaku

@Ribesg

Ok, thanks. I'll put together a debug build for you as soon as I can, so it can tell us exactly why these shows are being excluded.

• Like 1

roaku

@Ribesg

I added a debug build for your issue as DEV 2.1.1.1

If you install/restart and navigate to your problem shows, it should add some useful entries to your logs.

You should be able to open your log and search for 'Skipping' to see one or more of these messages for your problem movies.

[Item Name]: Skipping [Rule Name] because status didn't match: [Rule Status] != [Series Status]
[Item Name]: Skipping [Rule Name] because SeriesStatus couldn't be parsed
[Item Name]: Skipping [Rule Name] because SeriesStatus has no value
[Item Name]: Skipping [Rule Name] because base requirements were not met

Once you've checked that out, we can go from there.

roaku
27 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

@roaku

Looks like it just crashes https://gist.github.com/Ribesg/43e0001f1c088f2755ec19c30ff2a20e

This show is in the series folder and its metadata says its Continuing. It should match HD - Continuing and SDR - Continuing rules.

Ok, that narrows it down quite a bit.

I'll take a closer look at that code and will probably end up creating another debug build for you to run. Thanks.

Also, I just upgraded my server to 4.7 and am seeing issues with the client side apps caching images way more aggressively than before, which matches the other problem you were/are experiencing. Hopefully, that can get resolved soon too:

Edited by roaku
  • Thanks 1

roaku

@Ribesg

I've pushed a new DEV 2.1.1.2 to the catalog. Please try it out like the previous version.

The new debug lines to look for this time will be one or more of:

[Item Name]: Error - Check Folder value was null or empty
[Item Name]: Error - Item Containing folder was null
[Item Name]: Error - Failed to retrieve Parent folder
[Item Name]: Error - Folder could not be extracted from Folder Path

Thanks for your help.

Ribesg

@roaku

So I just tried it. In Chrome, with cache disabled, disabled the plugin then reenabled it and refreshed the page.

I looked at the logs for the same show as in my previous post:

2022-06-10 10:54:11.663 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping 4K - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.663 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping 4K - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.664 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HD - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.664 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HD - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.665 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HDR - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.666 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HDR - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.666 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping SDR - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.667 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping SDR - Ended because base requirements were not met

Nothing else about this show. So I looked for Error in the log globally to find your added logs and only found a lot of Error - Item Containing folder was null. I checked like 4-5 of the shows this error was related to, and they all seem to have the icons, so that's not it. I tried to grep the entire log file for the names of some shows with missing icons but can't find anything else than because base requirements were not met. There is no longer any error.

Edited by Ribesg