Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

roaku

@horstepipe

Are you absolutely sure you installed the 2.2.0.0 BETA version and restarted Emby?

And the brackets should be fine if they're part of your filename. I thought you were using them as a wrapper for the ! modifier.

Please try the ! on a movie rule, just for my information.

I'm going to be traveling today, but I'll look at this again as soon as I can.

Edited by roaku

horstepipe
20 hours ago, roaku said:

@horstepipe

Are you absolutely sure you installed the 2.2.0.0 BETA version and restarted Emby?

yep 🙂

Please try the ! on a movie rule, just for my information.

you are right, it works for movies without problems.

benris
On 6/27/2022 at 10:13 PM, roaku said:

Yes, that should work. So, let's investigate why it doesn't.

Have you activated Iconic for this 'Filme' library using the switch  under 'Iconic Status'?

Is the MediaStream rule you've created a Movies rule or an Extras rule?

Do some of your Movie files actually have 1080p in the title property of the files within the container? (Emby makes a display title on the fly, which is not the same as the embedded title property)

If everything above looks right, there's a beta version you can install from the catalog screen that has some general bug fixes. It might help.

thanks for your answer.

So the files must have it in its embedded file properties… I will check this, but i guess they haven‘t due to s.th. or s.o. has to put it there xD

i will also try the beta

thanks again

hand

roaku
4 hours ago, horstepipe said:

yep 🙂

you are right, it works for movies without problems.

Can you try an episode without the '-' in the filename?

• Agree 1

horstepipe
1 hour ago, roaku said:

Can you try an episode without the '-' in the filename?

pretty sure you meant that sign?

~

I use it as delimeter for a deletion script.

You are right, it works if the sign is not present in the filename.

Best regards

roaku
33 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

pretty sure you meant that sign?

~

I use it as delimeter for a deletion script.

You are right, it works if the sign is not present in the filename.

Best regards

Ok thanks. I haven't gotten a chance to take a second look at the code yet for a fix, but will as soon as I can.

In the meantime, try putting a space between the episode numbers and the tilde symbol ('S01E01 ~').

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1

horstepipe
32 minutes ago, roaku said:

Ok thanks. I haven't gotten a chance to take a second look at the code yet for a fix, but will as soon as I can.

In the meantime, try putting a space between the episode numbers and the tilde symbol ('S01E01 ~').

thank you very much for fixing that!

I will better wait as I had to rename all my episodes 🙂

horstepipe

Hey @roaku

don‘t want to rush at all, but can you give me some rough eta for the fix? If you won’t have time for it for a month or so then I‘ll rename my files as you suggested.

Thanks

roaku
Just now, horstepipe said:

Hey @roaku

don‘t want to rush at all, but can you give me some rough eta for the fix? If you won’t have time for it for a month or so then I‘ll rename my files as you suggested.

Thanks

I'll take another look this week.

• Thanks 1

roaku
On 6/29/2022 at 1:55 AM, horstepipe said:

hm still doesn't seem to work:

example file:

/home/user/[folder-name-with-square-brackets]/Serien/Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]/Staffel 1/Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E01~ - Pirate Treasures [GERMAN] [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP.strm

For my rules see screenshot.

I also tried (for a single file) removing the square brackets from the file name, so it is like:

/home/user/[folder-name-with-square-brackets]/Serien/Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]/Staffel 1/Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E01~ - Pirate Treasures GERMAN [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP.strm

without a change in behavior.

And  I tried setting it up without a library folder restriction, as I'm having a folder containing these brackets there, too - also without a behavior change.

Best regards

iconic.PNG

I tried recreating your folder/filename setup as best I could, but couldn't recreate your issue.

I did find and fix a potential null case that could theoretically be causing your problem.

I also added some logging around the filename check to see if it tells us anything useful.

Please try DEV 2.2.0.1 from the plugin catalog.

After browsing to some of the problem images, you should see something like the following in the logs:

2022-07-07 09:11:18.138 Info App: C:\Users\user\Videos\mb\tv\Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]\Season 1\Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E01~ - Pirate Treasures [GERMAN] [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP - Copy.strm : !GERMAN
2022-07-07 09:11:20.076 Info App: C:\Users\user\Videos\mb\tv\Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]\Season 1\Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E02~ - Pirate Treasures [ENGLISH] [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP.strm : !GERMAN
2022-07-07 09:11:20.076 Info App: C:\Users\user\Videos\mb\tv\Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]\Season 1\Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E01~ - Pirate Treasures [GERMAN] [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP - Copy.strm : !GERMAN
2022-07-07 09:11:20.078 Info App: Running Iconic Enhancements on Wild West Gold
2022-07-07 09:11:22.850 Info App: C:\Users\user\Videos\mb\tv\Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]\Season 1\Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E01~ - Pirate Treasures [GERMAN] [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP - Copy.strm : !GERMAN
2022-07-07 09:11:22.850 Info App: C:\Users\user\Videos\mb\tv\Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]\Season 1\Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E02~ - Pirate Treasures [ENGLISH] [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP.strm : !GERMAN

Edited by roaku

roaku

@Ribesg and @horstepipe

Please test BETA 2.2.0.3 and let me know if this improves your results with the folder check or not. Thanks.

horstepipe
10 hours ago, roaku said:

@Ribesg and @horstepipe

Please test BETA 2.2.0.3 and let me know if this improves your results with the folder check or not. Thanks.

hey

unfortunately still no behavior change 😕

horstepipe
3 hours ago, horstepipe said:

hey

unfortunately still no behavior change 😕

I change my folder structure and see if this helps today.

horstepipe
On 7/11/2022 at 10:36 AM, Ribesg said:

@roaku Well I just installed it and it just worked immediately. I can no longer find any show with missing icons. Thanks!

Hey @Ribesg

Could you please confirm (or deny) that the folder specifier still does not work for the new negation rules?

iie5.PNG

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe
On 7/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, horstepipe said:

Hey @Ribesg

Could you please confirm (or deny) that the folder specifier still does not work for the new negation rules?

iie5.PNG

Nevermind, it is fixed with version 2.2.0.4.

horstepipe

Last thing I'd love to see is the ability to add multiple (filename) values with | like you can do for the optional library folders.

Best regards

roaku
7 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Last thing I'd love to see is the ability to add multiple (filename) values with | like you can do for the optional library folders.

Best regards

Give BETA 2.2.0.5 a try. It adds the '|' separator to the file name field (Ex: ![GERMAN]|![ENGLISH]|SPANISH)

But would just making the filename match case insensitive work for your case?

horstepipe
Just now, roaku said:

Give BETA 2.2.0.5 a try. It adds the '|' separator to the file name field (Ex: ![GERMAN]|![ENGLISH]|SPANISH)

But would just making the filename match case insensitive work for your case?

Unfortunately not, but the problem is at Sonarr. If I have shows from Germany (with only a german audio track) the file naming regarding {MediaInfo AudioLanguages} is unreliable.

Thanks, will try it out 🙂

horstepipe

Doesn't seem to work here. Here is my rule:

iee6.PNG.c279d87f5fe64f8d84011a495208a08e.PNG

File name (located in "Serien") is:

Hawaii Five-O (1968) - S09E16~ - Elegy In A Rain Forest [] [DVD][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][DE+EN]-unknown.strm

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Doesn't seem to work here. Here is my rule:

iee6.PNG.c279d87f5fe64f8d84011a495208a08e.PNG

File name (located in "Serien") is:

Hawaii Five-O (1968) - S09E16~ - Elegy In A Rain Forest [] [DVD][8bit][x264][AC3 2.0][DE+EN]-unknown.strm

Not sure are you trying to get a badge on that item as "non-German", but if so, your rule syntax is wrong, you're missing NOT for [DE and DE]. Try with:

![GERMAN]|![DE|!DE] 

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Not sure are you trying to get a badge on that item as "non-German", but if so, your rule syntax is wrong, you're missing NOT for [DE and DE]. Try with:

![GERMAN]|![DE|!DE] 

oh sorry, you are right.

Unforunately it still doesn't work lol

Here is my updated rule, I made it more simpler for testing:

![GERMAN]|!DE

Edited by horstepipe

roaku
57 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

oh sorry, you are right.

Unforunately it still doesn't work lol

Here is my updated rule, I made it more simpler for testing:

![GERMAN]|!DE

It is working as designed.

The problem is what logic to apply, which is why I asked if case insensitivity would be enough and I could skip this can of worms.

In this case, your filename DOES NOT have [GERMAN] so, the rule MATCHES.

It DOES have DE, so the rule DOES NOT match.

Which one should win? Will that be consistent in all cases for all users?

For the initial attempt, I coded it so that it loops until it finds a match, then calls that the winner and adds the icon.

I can try requiring ALL instead of ANY and see if that matches your expectations.

Edited by roaku

roaku

@horstepipe

Try BETA 2.2.0.6

This build requires each entry in the filename field to evaluate to true for it to add an icon.

So, with your example filename and using '![GERMAN]|![DE|!DE]' as the test string, no icon should show because the filename DOES contain '[DE'.

horstepipe
19 hours ago, roaku said:

@horstepipe

Try BETA 2.2.0.6

This build requires each entry in the filename field to evaluate to true for it to add an icon.

So, with your example filename and using '![GERMAN]|![DE|!DE]' as the test string, no icon should show because the filename DOES contain '[DE'.

Ahh I see, sorry.

Yes it works with 2.2.0.6, but I do absolutely get the point - It works for me in this scenario but probably somebody else will come who wants it the opposite again.

So I'm aware that my case is quite rare, but I hope you'll find a solution that makes everybody happy 🙂

e.g.

one pipe | all options have to be true
two pipes || just one option has to be true