Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

King_Col_Bundy

Hey @roaku I have purchased the full version but it is still not recognised? I looked over some previous posts in this thread and see that it still says "Unregistered versions of Iconic are limited to one rule match/badge per Movie."

I have used the same email/paypal that I used for Emby Premiere. Is there anything that I have to do? I tried restarting the server

22 minutes ago, King_Col_Bundy said:

Hey @roaku I have purchased the full version but it is still not recognised? I looked over some previous posts in this thread and see that it still says "Unregistered versions of Iconic are limited to one rule match/badge per Movie."

I have used the same email/paypal that I used for Emby Premiere. Is there anything that I have to do? I tried restarting the server

Thanks for registering.

It can take up to 24 hours for the Emby systems to fully recognize new registrations.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Thanks 1

King_Col_Bundy
Just now, roaku said:

Thanks for registering.

It can take up to 24 hours for the Emby systems to fully recognize new registrations.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

No worries mate! I will check back if I am still having problems after that time. :) 

• Thanks 1

King_Col_Bundy

So it works now, which is great! And sorry to bombard you with questions, but just hoping to clarify a few things:

- I have got a "subs" rule using Codec: srt, but is there a way to just highlight the movies that do not have subs?

- Is there an option to select year or release date within a certain time period? At the moment I have a filename rule for "2022" to display new releases, but it could be better if it was able to be more specific

Cheers

9 hours ago, King_Col_Bundy said:

So it works now, which is great! And sorry to bombard you with questions, but just hoping to clarify a few things:

- I have got a "subs" rule using Codec: srt, but is there a way to just highlight the movies that do not have subs?

- Is there an option to select year or release date within a certain time period? At the moment I have a filename rule for "2022" to display new releases, but it could be better if it was able to be more specific

Cheers

Glad it's working now.

I don't think there's anything available right now for your subtitle request, but there will eventually be a rule negation option that I think would cover it.

For your release date question, there's a Release Date rule where you can specify how many months to show an icon after the premiere date of an item. I think that will work. Try that one out and see how it goes.

King_Col_Bundy
17 hours ago, roaku said:

Glad it's working now.

I don't think there's anything available right now for your subtitle request, but there will eventually be a rule negation option that I think would cover it.

For your release date question, there's a Release Date rule where you can specify how many months to show an icon after the premiere date of an item. I think that will work. Try that one out and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help so far. I can't see a 'Release Date' Property Key however? I'm looking under MediaStream rules as I can't imagine it would be one of the other types?

6 hours ago, King_Col_Bundy said:

Thanks for your help so far. I can't see a 'Release Date' Property Key however? I'm looking under MediaStream rules as I can't imagine it would be one of the other types?

It is one of the other rules. It's called Release Date.

It uses the Premiere Date metadata field, not media stream information.

• Like 1

King_Col_Bundy
16 hours ago, roaku said:

It is one of the other rules. It's called Release Date.

It uses the Premiere Date metadata field, not media stream information.

I'm such a dumba$$ 🤦‍♂️. All I had to do was install the newer version of Emby so that I could install the newer version of your plugin. I was running the default version of Emby from the Synology NAS Package Centre.

All good now, thanks again for your help.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

after first time pressing "save" i never can go back to config

it only shows endles cirlse of loading

also no icons on my posters

image.png.9869e84fad8b072295522910da65e16f.png

roaku
7 hours ago, p4nda said:

after first time pressing "save" i never can go back to config

it only shows endles cirlse of loading

also no icons on my posters

image.png.9869e84fad8b072295522910da65e16f.png

What OS is your Emby server running on?

What is your Emby server version?

What is your Iconic version?

What error displays in your browser's console log?

Also, the config UI for 3rd party plugins can only work through the web UI.

hello

on all my emby servers same behaviour

Debian 11 with emby 4.7.8.0
unraid docker emby 4.7.8.0
undraid docker emby beta 4.8.0.10

iconic version i testet on my three differnt embys
2.2.0.6 and 2.2.0.7 (beta)

on all my emby installs the same
i install plugin -> restart server
go to plugin menü set up a icon > pressing save

nothing happen on my posters
going again to config gui loading circle of death comes

recoding of how install and press save and after that same error on every of my installs
http://wanna.see.my.p4nda.de/ShareX/explorer_2022-10-09_15-56-58.gif

dont know what you mean with console error
i testet it with firefox and edge same loading circle of death
after deleting the confing xml and restarting server i can start again gui opens set up thing pressing save config.xml is writed and im never again able to open the config gui

explorer_2022-10-09_15-56-58.gif

Edited by p4nda

roaku

@p4nda

This looks more like a file permission issue at the OS level preventing proper reading/saving of the xml configuration file than a direct issue with the plugin or Emby.

ok but
the iconic config hase same rights like other plugin xml files (rw-r--r--) (0644)

and why same error on two different docker containers and my other system is even on a another server not same as the docker emby runs

roaku
38 minutes ago, p4nda said:

ok but
the iconic config hase same rights like other plugin xml files (rw-r--r--) (0644)

and why same error on two different docker containers and my other system is even on a another server not same as the docker emby runs

I just noticed that one of your systems is running Emby beta. Iconic might work on betas but isn't supported because they move too fast and completely unpredictably from the perspective of 3rd party plugin development.

Let's only deal with your Iconic issue on the current Emby feature release 4.7.8.

I'd still like to see the web console output (right click, select 'inspect' or 'developer tools', then look for a 'console' tab, then look for a lot of red text).

yea sure i dont use beta or docker for productiv it was only to test and verify on two different things if i get the same error

my main server is debian 11 with normal 4.7.8 install no docker no beta!

i also noticed after first install of the plugin it will make a file named like "429a77c24e15asdff5asde823e9fa88f" (i changed few letters dont know if its my passkey or something)
and after first pressing "save" in the gui menü it will create the iconic.xml

also testet to give both files 777 - not helped xD

i send you console error with PM i guess my API key and some privat stuff is in there

Edited by p4nda

roaku

Ok thanks @p4nda

I think I'm able to recreate this on 4.7.8.

Something must have crept in between 4.7.5 and 4.7.8 that's causing the UI not to display the configuration data it's receiving from the server.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Investigating.

thx for your help ❤️

let me know if you need something more
also want let you know i also bought full version yesterday even without never before used your plugin

looking forward to your fix :)

roaku

Ok @p4nda

It looks like this Emby side change is the underlying cause:

I'll update my plugin to recognize the different ID format and put out a beta version for testing as soon as I can.

roaku

@p4nda

Please install Iconic 2.2.0.9 Beta from the catalog and let me know if this resolves your issue.

You'll need to delete/move the existing Iconic xml configuration file before loading the Iconic UI.

roaku

Great to hear. Please use that beta for now.

I've got to think about a way to convert existing configurations before putting out a release version with the fix.

Ok, after banging my head against a lot of walls over this library id switch, I've pushed up a release 2.2.0.10 that I hope will fix the issue with Iconic configuration page loading while avoiding breaking existing user configuration files.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, Ribesg said:

Sorry for the delay, shit happened.

I'm running Emby 4.7.6.0 and IIE 2.2.0.7.

Here are all my series library rules: image.thumb.png.50639dae6e802d7be348cb7f873a4543.png

Here you can see all icons appear on all the series (same on next up thumbnails): image.thumb.png.eada17c858ce88c89236f6659c455be5.png

Example path of an episode of the first item in the collection seen above:

/home/emby/hdr-4k-series/For All Mankind/Season 3/For.All.Mankind.S03E01.MULTi.2160p.HDR.DV.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x265-R3MiX.mkv

Note that everything worked fine on a previous, no longer available (alpha/beta), version of 2.2.

@roakuany news on this? No change with the current Emby & Iconic versions

11 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

@roakuany news on this? No change with the current Emby & Iconic versions

Sorry, I haven't forgotten, but I also haven't been able to address this yet.

• 2 weeks later...

For those on the latest Emby 4.8 beta, I've pushed up Iconic beta 2.2.0.11 2.2.0.12 to fix the Missing Method GetExtras error causing the plugin to malfunction.

@crusher11

Edited by roaku
  • Like 1