Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

roaku
3 hours ago, Ribesg said:

@roaku

So I just tried it. In Chrome, with cache disabled, disabled the plugin then reenabled it and refreshed the page.

I looked at the logs for the same show as in my previous post:

2022-06-10 10:54:11.663 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping 4K - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.663 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping 4K - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.664 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HD - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.664 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HD - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.665 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HDR - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.666 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping HDR - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.666 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping SDR - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 10:54:11.667 Info App: Raised by wolves: Skipping SDR - Ended because base requirements were not met

Nothing else about this show. So I looked for Error in the log globally to find your added logs and only found a lot of Error - Item Containing folder was null. I checked like 4-5 of the shows this error was related to, and they all seem to have the icons, so that's not it. I tried to grep the entire log file for the names of some shows with missing icons but can't find anything else than because base requirements were not met. There is no longer any error.

Ok, the Item containing folder being null suggests that the item coming in from Emby's side might not always be fully populated with item's folder metadata the first time Iconic sees it. This happens for  Item tags and extras, so I've added the Folder check to the workaround those two rely on.

I've also reduced the logging a bit.

Please try DEV 2.1.1.3 and let me know what happens.

Ribesg

@roaku

Ran the same test again, no change on the icons appearing and not appearing, same shows.

Logs for a show where icons fail to appear (same as in previous posts):

2022-06-10 17:04:49.084 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping 4K - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 17:04:49.085 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping 4K - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 17:04:49.085 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping HD - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 17:04:49.086 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping HD - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 17:04:49.087 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping HDR - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 17:04:49.087 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping HDR - Ended because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 17:04:49.092 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping SDR - Continuing because base requirements were not met
2022-06-10 17:04:49.093 Info App: Raised by wolves MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.TV.Series: Skipping SDR - Ended because base requirements were not met

Logs for a show where everything seems to work (it's a Continuing show):

2022-06-10 17:04:47.065 Info App: HPI: Skipping HD - Ended because status didn't match: Ended != Continuing
2022-06-10 17:04:47.068 Info App: HPI: Skipping SDR - Ended because status didn't match: Ended != Continuing

2022-06-10 17:04:48.223 Info App: Running Iconic Enhancements on HPI
2022-06-10 17:04:48.223 Debug App: Processing item: HPI - 189270
2022-06-10 17:04:48.223 Debug App: Retrieving cached rules for: HPI - 189270
2022-06-10 17:04:48.223 Debug App: Generating Enhanced Image
2022-06-10 17:04:48.223 Debug App: ImageWrapper name: SkiaSharp

roaku

@Ribesg

Sorry to keep asking you to do this, but DEV 2.1.1.4 has some specific logging focused on 'Raised by wolves' that will hopefully give me enough information to see exactly what's going on.

If you don't mind, please PM me the full log this time.

Also, Debug logging does not need to be turned on for these tests.

Thanks.

Ribesg

@roaku

It's ok, I want this to work too :)

So I updated the plugin, disabled debug logs (which I had on forever, thanks for reminding me :D), restarted emby, disabled the plugin, opened the series list in a chrome tab without cache and checked there were no icons, then enabled the plugin, restarted the server and refreshed the page. I PMd you the full log of that fresh start.

roaku
9 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

@roaku

It's ok, I want this to work too :)

So I updated the plugin, disabled debug logs (which I had on forever, thanks for reminding me :D), restarted emby, disabled the plugin, opened the series list in a chrome tab without cache and checked there were no icons, then enabled the plugin, restarted the server and refreshed the page. I PMd you the full log of that fresh start.

Thanks. I can see that Raised by wolves is getting all the way to the very last test of the folder and just failing to find a match for the folder name you've provided in the rule and the folder(s) Emby is providing for that item.

At this point, the odds are probably 50/50 that there's an issue in my code (in addition to the errors you found for me at the beginning) or that there's a space or some other unwanted character in the folder name you've provided. :)

I pushed up DEV 2.1.1.5 to hopefully show us what's happening when the folder name you provide is compared against the Emby provided folder path elements.

After you reload everything, the log should have something like this:

Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder [folder comparison details should show up here]

I'm going to have sporadic availability for the next few days, but I should still be able to check back in.

Ribesg

I'm not sure what I'm looking at but there it is:

2022-06-11 13:23:30.570 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.571 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.571 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.572 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.572 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.573 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.573 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.574 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.574 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.575 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.575 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.576 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.576 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.576 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.577 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.577 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.578 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.578 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.579 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.579 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.579 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.580 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.580 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.581 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.581 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.582 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series / 4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.582 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.582 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.583 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.583 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: hdr-4k-series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.584 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series
2022-06-11 13:23:30.584 Info App: Raised by wolves Series: Completed folder check - no validFolder FolderName: Raised by Wolves (2020) Item Folders: 4k-series / series

The values at the end seem correct

roaku

@Ribesg

I don't particularly think this is the cause, but I see that your show folder and show file names are inconsistent (Wolves/wolves).

This can cause other problems for Emby, so it's worth fixing even if it doesn't solve this issue.

I'll take a closer look when I can get in front of a computer, but it looks like either Emby isn't providing the full folder path for this show or my code that chops that path into individual subfolders is failing to go beyond the main show folder for some reason.

Anyway, this is the closest we've been to an answer, so that's something.

horstepipe

hey @roaku

sorry for asking about that again but I desperately need the "file name does NOT contain" rule you plan to add, is this on the horizon? 🙂

Background is that I want to mark all episodes which are NOT german, but I can't setup renaming in Sonarr that way. I can just put the word "german" in the file name.

As I'm in a strm environment I can't get these infos from the embedded tags.

Best regards

Ribesg

@roaku Oh well that's definitely the issue here. After checking a dozen shows, all the names of the shows with icons are exactly matching their folder names, and all the shows missing icons aren't matching. This means somewhere the show name is used instead of the show folder, and/or vice versa.

Renaming everything is unacceptable as I can't always just adapt to whatever whoever named a show on TheTVDB/wherever decided to name it. It especially doesn't work with shows with translated names. Some of my folders contain the year of the show as multiple shows have the same name. They only have icons if the person who named them on TheTVDB decided to put the date in the name too. Matching these really doesn't make sense. I don't know if you can work around it or maybe report that to the Emby developers, but I think we pinpointed the source of the issue here. In the end this doesn't explain why you just get the last part of the path of the show though.

Maybe there's a plugin that automatically renames folders? I just fear that a folder specifically named to be recognized easily by something like TheTVDB plugin may not be recognized correctly again once renamed.

I just tested it. I had the show "Star Trek : Strange New Worlds" without icons. Renamed it to its folder name, "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" (notice the removed space) in the metadata editor, and the icons appeared.

Edited by Ribesg

roaku

@Ribesg

Well, that's definitely a good news/bad news situation then.

I don't think I'll be able to reliably detect or override what Emby tells me the folder path is for an item.

You could open a separate issue for core Emby to describe your situation, and I can provide some technical details there as needed.

I will add the fix for the null errors you found to the next release. Thanks.

roaku
5 hours ago, horstepipe said:

hey @roaku

sorry for asking about that again but I desperately need the "file name does NOT contain" rule you plan to add, is this on the horizon? 🙂

Background is that I want to mark all episodes which are NOT german, but I can't setup renaming in Sonarr that way. I can just put the word "german" in the file name.

Best regards

I should be able to at least get a beta version of this added to the catalog in the next two weeks or so.

It will be a barebones version, though, not the fancy one I've been picturing, but it will cover what you need.

• Like 1

horstepipe
1 hour ago, roaku said:

I should be able to at least get a beta version of this added to the catalog in the next two weeks or so.

It will be a barebones version, though, not the fancy one I've been picturing, but it will cover what you need.

cool, thank you!

Ribesg

I renamed "Raised by wolves" to "Raised by Wolves" and it now displays icons... But the folder name is "Raised by Wolves (2020)". I don't know but it's not about exactly matching the folder name in the title. Maybe it's about "title" vs "original title".

I think you should report it as an API user, you just can't seem to be able to properly get the path of a show. From my pov I can just say that it doesn't work

roaku
16 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

I renamed "Raised by wolves" to "Raised by Wolves" and it now displays icons... But the folder name is "Raised by Wolves (2020)". I don't know but it's not about exactly matching the folder name in the title. Maybe it's about "title" vs "original title".

I think you should report it as an API user, you just can't seem to be able to properly get the path of a show. From my pov I can just say that it doesn't work

From my perspective, you aren't fully following the naming conventions and that's a decision with consequences beyond my plugin, as I mentioned earlier.

If you want to keep doing what you're doing, you can ask the Emby team to add support for it

Ribesg

I really don't get you here.

There is a bug that somehow prevents you from accessing the full path of a show when some of its title metadata do not match, which is something that is obviously supported everywhere. I mean why would there be multiple fields if they couldn't have different values? The whole point is to be able to have the name of the series in the language of the user. Emby supports translations.

I don't get why you're talking about naming conventions. I'm following them.

Maybe if you tell me what API property should give you the full path of the show and doesn't I could report it myself.

roaku
4 hours ago, Ribesg said:

I really don't get you here.

There is a bug that somehow prevents you from accessing the full path of a show when some of its title metadata do not match, which is something that is obviously supported everywhere. I mean why would there be multiple fields if they couldn't have different values? The whole point is to be able to have the name of the series in the language of the user. Emby supports translations.

I don't get why you're talking about naming conventions. I'm following them.

Maybe if you tell me what API property should give you the full path of the show and doesn't I could report it myself.

22 hours ago, Ribesg said:

@roaku

I just tested it. I had the show "Star Trek : Strange New Worlds" without icons. Renamed it to its folder name, "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" (notice the removed space) in the metadata editor, and the icons appeared.

You aren't following the naming conventions when your folder name and file name don't match.

This causes Emby to treat your item as a standalone entry instead of as part of a group.

Emby treats your item like it's in the same folder as unrelated items.

If this were a movie with extras, Emby would treat the extras as separate movies. Other things misbehave too.

If you want Emby to support this looser naming, you can ask them to. But it's a feature request, not a bug.

My plugin is using BaseItem.ContainingFolderPath to get the folder path from Emby core.

roaku

To anyone experiencing the issue described here:

Please test out BETA 2.1.2.0 from the catalog and let me know if it:

1) Solves the issue for you for the Date Added and Date Released rules.

2) If so, are there any other rule types you're still seeing the issue with?

Thanks

horstepipe
On 6/17/2022 at 1:16 AM, roaku said:

2) If so, are there any other rule types you're still seeing the issue with?

Hey

I was seeing the issue with the file name rule.

Seems to be resolved with the beta, thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

benris
On 1/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, roaku said:

For MediaStream rules, they're based on information you can see at the bottom of the web app for an individual movie item.

For example, if you wanted to see a Commentary Icon for you movies with commentary tracks and you have your audio tracks titled like below, you can make a MediaStream rule with two properties like so:

Type: 'Audio'

Title: 'commentary'

When Iconic checks this rule, it will look at each MediaStream below to see that the Type property *contains* 'audio' and that the Title property *contains* 'commentary'.

The check is case insensitive and will match things like 'commentary', 'Commentary 1', 'This is a commentary'.

You can do the same thing with Video MediaStreams.

media-streams.thumb.png.913ce6b0e2b9730a2ef1283cf4cfe6a9.png

I believe all the string based MediaStream properties are in the select dropdown for MediaStream rule properties.

The rest that are publicly exposed will be added, but I haven't had time yet to implement and test rule matching for all types.

Hi, 

so if i make a MediaStream Rule with property title and value 1080 (or 1080p) it should fire for every movie that has *1080* (*1080p*) in its stream title right?

But it doesn`t...

Can you help? thanks in adv

Here`s my config:

image.thumb.png.8c6e4440c43438d6a5ac754cf39bfc99.png

Edited by benris

roaku
20 hours ago, benris said:

Hi, 

so if i make a MediaStream Rule with property title and value 1080 (or 1080p) it should fire for every movie that has *1080* (*1080p*) in its stream title right?

But it doesn`t...

Can you help? thanks in adv

Here`s my config:

image.thumb.png.8c6e4440c43438d6a5ac754cf39bfc99.png

Yes, that should work. So, let's investigate why it doesn't.

Have you activated Iconic for this 'Filme' library using the switch  under 'Iconic Status'?

Is the MediaStream rule you've created a Movies rule or an Extras rule?

Do some of your Movie files actually have 1080p in the title property of the files within the container? (Emby makes a display title on the fly, which is not the same as the embedded title property)

If everything above looks right, there's a beta version you can install from the catalog screen that has some general bug fixes. It might help.

Edited by roaku

roaku
On 6/13/2022 at 5:14 AM, horstepipe said:

hey @roaku

Best regards

Please try BETA 2.2.0.0 from the catalog and let me know if it works for what you need.

This is the new helper text under the FileName value:

"What value should the Filename contain? (Use '!' as the first character for SHOULD NOT contain)"

horstepipe
2 hours ago, roaku said:

Please try BETA 2.2.0.0 from the catalog and let me know if it works for what you need.

This is the new helper text under the FileName value:

"What value should the Filename contain? (Use '!' as the first character for SHOULD NOT contain)"

Thank you very much!

Currently I don’t have time to take a deeper look, but it looks like it doesn’t work here. Seems to process every image now. 
My rule is 

![GERMAN]

Maybe it is about the „[„?

roaku
8 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Thank you very much!

Currently I don’t have time to take a deeper look, but it looks like it doesn’t work here. Seems to process every image now. 
My rule is 

![GERMAN]

Maybe it is about the „[„?

Yes, remove the brackets.

I might add that later, but it's not there now.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
12 hours ago, roaku said:

Yes, remove the brackets.

I might add that later, but it's not there now.

hm still doesn't seem to work:

example file:

/home/user/[folder-name-with-square-brackets]/Serien/Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]/Staffel 1/Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E01~ - Pirate Treasures [GERMAN] [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP.strm

For my rules see screenshot.

I also tried (for a single file) removing the square brackets from the file name, so it is like:

/home/user/[folder-name-with-square-brackets]/Serien/Beyond Oak Island (2020) [tvdbid=391519]/Staffel 1/Beyond Oak Island (2020) - S01E01~ - Pirate Treasures GERMAN [HDTV-1080p][8bit][x264][AC3 5.0][DE]-MDGP.strm

without a change in behavior.

And  I tried setting it up without a library folder restriction, as I'm having a folder containing these brackets there, too - also without a behavior change.

Best regards

iconic.PNG