Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

5 minutes ago, InaudibleDirge said:

Would it be possible to get a collections / playlist rule for shows, seasons, and episodes?

Possibly. I'll add it to the list to investigate.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

@roaku

any rough time frame when you will go on working (add requested features) to the plug-in? 🙂

It will just be bug fixes until some time next year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @roaku,

I am on the free version of iconic (unregistered version with emby Version 4.7.9.0 on CentOS Linux 7.9).

It always defaults back to badge "mode_comment / e253", regardless what I set it for.

image.png.a0f35b02a20fda2c607bf3168ec12745.png

I assume that I am doing something wrong? Also, are there more icon-sets that are included or can be included in the pro-version?

Cheers,
Roodee

3 hours ago, Roodee said:

Hi @roaku,

I am on the free version of iconic (unregistered version with emby Version 4.7.9.0 on CentOS Linux 7.9).

It always defaults back to badge "mode_comment / e253", regardless what I set it for.

image.png.a0f35b02a20fda2c607bf3168ec12745.png

I assume that I am doing something wrong? Also, are there more icon-sets that are included or can be included in the pro-version?

Cheers,
Roodee

Look at the screenshot under 'selecting a rule icon' to see how to change the icon for a rule.

Only the Material Design icon set included with Emby is supported.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, roaku said:

Only the Material Design icon set included with Emby is supported.

Too sad, since they already rejected MPAA rating icons... I would just love to place an "18", "16" and so on on respective movies...

Other than that, everything worls fine.  Thanks for the help!

Edited by Roodee
amended post!

Hey @roaku

may I request some features?

Could you add a star shape? Could be 5 or 6 corners. A Triangle would not be bad either, like a Yield sign.

image.png.ffe773eef51a8bdd4542c9b34e2f8dd2.pngimage.png.f527fb5c5f2c7b331e8aa9c12d260eb3.png

Also, of those shapes that have corners,

• the square, the pentagon and the octagon are laying on the flat side,
  • while the hexagon is standing on a corner.

image.png.cafd98505d1ed9df6e7b263118f90fbf.png image.png.b9a9301cb8281b20fe87057b95105b21.png image.png.70d09e0d33e6574bdf3144d0d6700df9.png image.png.bbc4f8e6f6f19d82e29c3bd2a4a97c98.png

Could you add an option to chose if the shape is laying on the flat side or standing on a corner?  As an example, that would make the square into a diamond.

Let me add this:
a "per-rule" color setting and a "per-rule" shape setting would be cool as well.

Cheers,
Roodee

image.png

Edited by Roodee
added request for color and shape per rule

@Roodee

I won't be doing any new features on this plugin for awhile.

Sometime next year, I'll be rewriting the UI to be more usable and the Image Processing to be more flexible.

Rotating the shapes was something I created an issue for early on, but I decided I didn't need it and no one else ever asked for it, so it's never been added.

Per rule badge settings has been requested before, but I still don't like the idea. I'll reconsider it after the redesign because it would be easier to do after that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 1:23 AM, Roodee said:

Hello @roaku

is iconic closed source or open source?

Cheers, Roodee

Closed

• 4 weeks later...
GrimReaper

Is there a way not to have Status rule badge on episode (which are actualy series) thumbs in CW & NU rows? Could you maybe add it as an option?

17 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Is there a way not to have Status rule badge on episode (which are actualy series) thumbs in CW & NU rows? Could you maybe add it as an option?

No. Emby picks the image it wants to show in those sections and Iconic doesn't have any context about what an image is going to be used for.

Eigeplackter
On 1/30/2021 at 12:28 AM, roaku said:

If you're a Premiere user, you have the option to register Iconic to remove the one icon limit.

Does that mean we don't have to pay the $5 '?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Eigeplackter said:

Does that mean we don't have to pay the $5 '?

Nope, you still have to pay to unlock. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Nope, you still have to pay to unlock. 

To use all features, you need to unlock.  I tried it out (within the trial limits) before I decided to get it.  It is a pity it is closed source... 😕

Eigeplackter

An some1 explain a use-case, maybe with pictures ?

I unterstand that there is potential in this plugin, I just can‘t seem to figure out an example to test it.

15 minutes ago, Eigeplackter said:

Can some1 explain a use-case, maybe with pictures ?

I unterstand that there is potential in this plugin, I just can‘t seem to figure out an example to test it.

I had started this thread below for it, but nobody but me posted in it:

So far I have:

• series is continuing
  • new release
  • newly added (to my library)
  • based on true story / events
  • my own category "18+" (explained in the other thread)

I have many more in mind, but I have stopped adding more rules due to current limitations in iconic that are currently not being fixed (see above: colors, symbols).

• Thanks 1

Dickydodah!

Hi, is there an in depth guide / how to for this plugin? I've successfully setup a Rule Type for series ended and it's working fine but there is a setting of "Optional Library Folder Requirement" that I can't figure out what it's for let alone use it 🙂 The only clue is "Leave blank or use * for none, Use | to separate multiple" in text below it. I have searched but found nothing useful.

roaku
19 hours ago, Dickydodah! said:

Hi, is there an in depth guide / how to for this plugin? I've successfully setup a Rule Type for series ended and it's working fine but there is a setting of "Optional Library Folder Requirement" that I can't figure out what it's for let alone use it 🙂 The only clue is "Leave blank or use * for none, Use | to separate multiple" in text below it. I have searched but found nothing useful.

You can ignore the optional folder requirement.

Some users wanted to be able to have a rule only apply to items that are in certain sub-directories within a library, so that's what that option allows.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really would like to support this plugin, but it seams to have some issues (for me?). Maybe it is just me:

Iconic Version 2.2.0.10 (free)

Emby Version 4.7.11.0

1) biggest issue: Iconic did not take care of the icon i choose.  It shows up with a icon called "Wireless Mic Remote Antennas Tool" - never ever heard or seen before (https://www.shure.com/en-GB/support/tools) and I can't find it in the list.

2) No idea, if this should work, but it would be helpful: The wrong badge (see 1) is seen on the cover of the episode itself. But if I am in my Library overview (just the first screen of all tv shows) there is no badge. Is this correct? My rule is a "Tvshows" Status rule.

It would be great to see a fix for point No. 1. I am aware, that these is a good will coding and I am thankful for people like @roaku, how spends their spare time for mostly free to surprise use. Please don't get me wrong with my comment.

Thank you,

Michael

7 minutes ago, mickna said:

I really would like to support this plugin, but it seams to have some issues (for me?). Maybe it is just me:

Iconic Version 2.2.0.10 (free)

Emby Version 4.7.11.0

1) biggest issue: Iconic did not take care of the icon i choose.  It shows up with a icon called "Wireless Mic Remote Antennas Tool" - never ever heard or seen before (https://www.shure.com/en-GB/support/tools) and I can't find it in the list.

2) No idea, if this should work, but it would be helpful: The wrong badge (see 1) is seen on the cover of the episode itself. But if I am in my Library overview (just the first screen of all tv shows) there is no badge. Is this correct? My rule is a "Tvshows" Status rule.

It would be great to see a fix for point No. 1. I am aware, that these is a good will coding and I am thankful for people like @roaku, how spends their spare time for mostly free to surprise use. Please don't get me wrong with my comment.

Thank you,

Michael

I can be more helpful if you provide screenshots of your Iconic configuration and the Emby screens where you expect to see icons.

@roaku: You are absolutely right.

My settings:

image.png.8f5e842885b2695aa6380a388cb2ffc6.png

image.png.eb79504a0badb55a1db243a399d83fa8.png

What I get for a Tv-show:

image.png.3850232d70b44e7e96d0c428766ef499.png

As I said: I expected to see a Pentagon with a star. But no matter, what I choose, I will get this  "Wireless Mic Remote Antennas Tool"- Icon.

For my second point: I thought I will also see the badge in the overview (beside the (129) count:

image.thumb.png.cbbe7d3eecdf9475ad07eb0002d071fe.png

Hope this helps to clarify my first post.