embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
20 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

Is there a difference using local network/VPN and FQDN with reverse proxy using websockets?

I also use an Apache reverse proxy. No there is no difference as long as the proxy is correctly configured.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
8 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

I reverted back to version (plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.3.1), everything is scanning like it should.  When it scans the recorded TV shows, it shows the episodes that are being scanned, which I really like.  Somewhere along the line this has been droppped...........

Thanks for all the testing and the log files.

I found the problem while syncing, it's Kodi 18 related.

I'll upload a new version in the next hours.

btw, I'll also extend the progress bar info.

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.6 build 13 (ex2):

delta changelog:

- (edge case) sync issue fixed
- extended info in progress bar for (initial) TV shows syncs
- Kodi 18 fixes

embyL0VER

Hi quickmic, 

since version 6.x of emby-next-gen I can't see "Kodi with emby-next-gen" under active devices showing what is running in the server web-ui. Activity from the device is shown for around 30 seconds, after that the "activity/connection" is lost.

Has this something to do with the new "websocket progress sync process"?

Thank you :)

quickmic
5 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Hi quickmic, 

since version 6.x of emby-next-gen I can't see "Kodi with emby-next-gen" under active devices showing what is running in the server web-ui. Activity from the device is shown for around 30 seconds, after that the "activity/connection" is lost.

Has this something to do with the new "websocket progress sync process"?

Thank you :)

Yes and no, actually this was always the case or was it? Device reappears, when you play content. On the other side, I assume it's not how it suppose to be.

I think the ping/keepalive is not correctly send (via websocket).

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

embyL0VER

Thanks for the fast reply. I was asking cause it is working fine for me with latest 5.x (Beta) and so I assume it has something to do with the websocket approach like you mentioned.

• Like 1

quickmic
Just now, embyL0VER said:

Thanks for the fast reply. I was asking cause it is working fine for me with latest 5.x (Beta) and so I assume it has something to do with the websocket approach like you mentioned.

ok, I'll check

17 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available:

delta changelog:

- improve progress updates
- redesign sync
- fix trakt issue
- fix invalid content sync

Actually, there are many changes under the hood, and it's a more experimentalish version as the previous ones.

Also a complete db reset is mandatory. Please just update the plugin, the DB reset should be triggered automatically (also improvements there and it's part of the test).

Progress updates (from emby to Kodi) should now be instant without any possible overhead.

I'm still not 100% happy with progress updates from Kodi to emby server. I'm still working on it, but it's tricky. I try to migrate as many as possible commands/updates from http queries to websocket queries (Kodi -> Emby).

(Emby -> Kodi) is already using this approach since ever, but there were many unnecessary (kodi) DB queries involved. I removed all of them to a bare minimum. Actually this is were the performance upgrades came from.

Also the sync should be a little faster than before.

@heula Please try this version, I hope it fixes the recording issues too.

Installed the new version and after the database reset not much has changed when Kodi is open while recording and or recordings has finisht.

Tested with 4 recordings and they are all visible within Emby but not in Kodi while open.

Nothing appears in Kodi and I have waited about 90 minutes or so.

Capture_810.jpg

Capture_811.jpg

kodi.log embyserver.txt

quickmic
2 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

One thing I haven't seen reported, delete after watch isn't working. Screen never pops up after watch. 

Frankly, I haven't checked, but Is it enabled? After the reset, default is disabled.

BaukeZwart
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Frankly, I haven't checked, but Is it enabled? After the reset, default is disabled.

Yes, I have it enabled for both movies and episodes 

2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Delete isn't working for me either as I mentioned earlier here.

quickmic
Just now, heula said:

I'll check, btw. I release 6.0.6 please try this version.

Gepelmario

Kodi with  emby next gen doesnt play transcodet movies with  SUB Subtitles.

Movies without subtitles play normal.

I am using the emby Server version 4.6.40 and the latest  emby next gen version 6.0.6.

I also tried the Emby next gen versions 5.3.4 and 5.3.2

same error

Thanks for help

01_KODI.log embyserver-63766439329.txt

DiscoDuck79
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

As a test:

1. Check the websocket communication (send a message from Emby server to Kodi),

2. Use the default Kodi skin for testing

If the status is still not updated, send me a kodi.log

thanks

Tested with 6.0.6

Embuary: Now it throws some new errors, these simplecache errors has not occurred before when deleting. In progress file is removed from the kodi client but remains on the Emby server.

Estuary: Nothing shows up in the log. In progress file is removed from the kodi client but remains on the Emby server.

estuary.log embuary.log

clarkss12
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for all the testing and the log files.

I found the problem while syncing, it's Kodi 18 related.

I'll upload a new version in the next hours.

btw, I'll also extend the progress bar info.

Agreed, the problem is Kodi 18 related.  I am running CoreELEC on an inexpensive Android box, with CoreELEC running on a microSD card.  So, all I have to do is swap the microSD card.

I installed the "Matrix Kodi 19" CoreELEC onto another microSD card, and everything worked perfect.

That will be great to extend the progress bar info. 

• Like 1

quickmic
46 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Agreed, the problem is Kodi 18 related.  I am running CoreELEC on an inexpensive Android box, with CoreELEC running on a microSD card.  So, all I have to do is swap the microSD card.

I installed the "Matrix Kodi 19" CoreELEC onto another microSD card, and everything worked perfect.

That will be great to extend the progress bar info. 

The new version  with the Kodi 18 fixes and the extended progress bar is already available.

quickmic
5 hours ago, heula said:

That's a different issue and should be fixed already. Let me know if it's still not working.

quickmic
5 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

Yes, I have it enabled for both movies and episodes 

I performed some tests and works fine. Was the selection not even offered, or just not deleted? Any pattern?

quickmic
5 hours ago, Gepelmario said:

Kodi with  emby next gen doesnt play transcodet movies with  SUB Subtitles.

Movies without subtitles play normal.

I am using the emby Server version 4.6.40 and the latest  emby next gen version 6.0.6.

I also tried the Emby next gen versions 5.3.4 and 5.3.2

same error

Thanks for help

01_KODI.log 228.52 kB · 3 downloads embyserver-63766439329.txt 890.34 kB · 1 download

I checked, it's not a general issue with transcoding and subtitles. Must be something specific for your case. Can please you try with different files too?

quickmic
6 hours ago, heula said:

After a library repair the shows do appear but they are all empty again.

Capture_816.jpg

Capture_817.jpg

kodi.log 239.37 kB · 1 download

I've send you a test version. I hope it fixes the issue. btw, it has nothing todo with recording. The problem is, the seasoninfo is empty on recorded files. Actually this could happen anywhere not only on recordings.

Now it's added season "0" if no info received by Emby server.

Season "0" is usually the indicator for "Specials" in TV shows.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

BaukeZwart
45 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I performed some tests and works fine. Was the selection not even offered, or just not deleted? Any pattern?

Watched 4 episodes last night, the delete selection wasn't offered for any of them.
I checked the settings after the first episode, everything is enabled.
I will check again tonight with todays build. I also had sync issues (deleted episodes on Shield,  removed in Emby but still showing on fire TV the next day) I want to check with todays build before reporting them.

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1

Gepelmario
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I checked, it's not a general issue with transcoding and subtitles. Must be something specific for your case. Can please you try with different files too?

It only happens with 4k H265 Files files. I forgot to post this info, 

i tried many 4k files.

Same result

• Like 1