embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

I'm experience similar issues as @BaukeZwart

Scenario 1:

Emby-next-gen set to "Enable new content" as active. During playback of TV using Tvheadend client (NOT connected to Emby server) a file is added to the Emby server, I can see this in the log of kodi as well that data is received. Playback is stopped, no changes are visible on the kodi screen (see note after Scenario 4). I then initiate playback of a file stored at the Emby server, once running I stop the playback. Now kodi starts to update and I get notifications of added content.

Scenario 2:

Emby-next-gen set to "Enable new content" NOT active, same procedure as above but then the new content will not be added.

Scenario 3:

Emby-next-gen set to "Enable new content" as active. Emby server not displaying the kodi client as active device and kodi sitting at the home menu. New content is added.

Scenario 4:

Emby-next-gen set to "Enable new content" NOT active. Emby server not displaying the kodi client as active device and kodi sitting at the home menu. New content is NOT added.

NOTE: The new content is actually added, but not "loaded" or how to say. I can see that the file has changed, but the icon changes from a episode poster to the series poster and the file information isn't updated - it looks like kodi is aware that there has been a change, but it's not loading the changes.

- If the Enable new content isn't activated it seems to prevent all content to be properly added, not only prevent popups.

- As per the "Enable new content" description Live TV from e.g. TVH should still get popups if there's new content (although I'm happy that it's not), something probably isn't right - see below issue.

I watch regular TV on my kodi client using TVH client (TVH server is a separate server on my LAN and not connected to Emby), I stop the TV playback and play something from the Emby server. Stop the Emby stream and start "normal" TV again, now the Emby server restarts playback on the server of the item I just played from there although TV is being broadcasted onto my screen, but on the server control panel it indicates playback of the recently stopped episode. This is new since next-gen V6.

Frankly, I highly doubt that "Enable new content" has an impact to sync. The only functionality is rasing a notification. This a oneliner in the code, anyway I performed a tested.

No difference. What I belevive (and that's what I'm working on), at some point the websocket connection was closed. I have this here on my test devices as well.

Look out for this line in the kodi.log:

"Emby.hooks.websocket: ---<[ websocket ]"

This line should only appear on Kodi exit (probably also on hibernate mode), but not when Kodi is running.

If you see this line, next-gen will no longer receive any updates from Emby server and not updating content till Kodi was restarted.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available:

6.0.6 build 32 (ex3)

delta change log:

- plugin strm files fixed (testing required)
- some websocket fixes

Mainly this version should fix sync issues (websocket disconnected). Not sure if this finally solves the issues, keep an eye on Kodi realtime updates.

• Thanks 1

DiscoDuck79
49 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Frankly, I highly doubt that "Enable new content" has an impact to sync. The only functionality is rasing a notification. This a oneliner in the code, anyway I performed a tested.

No difference. What I belevive (and that's what I'm working on), at some point the websocket connection was closed. I have this here on my test devices as well.

This line should only appear on Kodi exit (probably also on hibernate mode), but not when Kodi is running.

If you see this line, next-gen will no longer receive any updates from Emby server and not updating content till Kodi was restarted.

That seems very reasonable :)

I will update to 6.0.6 32 and test it. I checked my log files for kodi (e-n-g 6.0.6 24) and the websocket closes after 30 minutes.

2021-09-07 08:30:40.273 T:26251    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 09:00:40.280 T:26251    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: ---<[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 13:37:55.297 T:28693    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 14:07:55.299 T:28693    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: ---<[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 15:41:37.646 T:31257    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 16:11:37.652 T:31257    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: ---<[ websocket ]

Edited by DiscoDuck79
version added
  • Like 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

That seems very reasonable :)

I will update to 6.0.6 32 and test it. I checked my log files for kodi and the websocket closes after 30 minutes.

2021-09-07 08:30:40.273 T:26251    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 09:00:40.280 T:26251    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: ---<[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 13:37:55.297 T:28693    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 14:07:55.299 T:28693    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: ---<[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 15:41:37.646 T:31257    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: --->[ websocket ]

2021-09-07 16:11:37.652 T:31257    INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: ---<[ websocket ]

Yep, the log exactly reflects the problem. Unfortunatly, there at not many infos what causes the issue. I hope it was the same as I experianced. If not let me know and I'll send you a debug version.

• Thanks 1

DiscoDuck79
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yep, the log exactly reflects the problem. Unfortunatly, there at not many infos what causes the issue. I hope it was the same as I experianced. If not let me know and I'll send you a debug version.

The Websocket seems to be working now, close to 3hrs and it hasn't failed yet so definite improvement.

Another question. To my understanding you need to create another device id if you want to install a backup of the machine onto another to use two clients with the same Emby user e.g. if you want the content synced between two locations, is this working or yet to be implemented?

quickmic
10 minutes ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

The Websocket seems to be working now, close to 3hrs and it hasn't failed yet so definite improvement.

Good, I'm also testing long term connection. If it works, I'll also add a fallback/disaster re-connection but first it should be rock solid.

Another question. To my understanding you need to create another device id if you want to install a backup of the machine onto another to use two clients with the same Emby user e.g. if you want the content synced between two locations, is this working or yet to be implemented?

DeviceId should be unique yes but you can use backups on different devices. You should assign a new deviceId (via config menu), probably I can automate this as well.

Anyway, the device Id is not included in the database so it's save to reuse/restore it.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
16 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Which version has websocket, how to test, and what to test for?

Not sure if I can follow. All versions uses websocket connection. even 4.x

The latest experimental version includes fixes due to interruptions. In previous versions, the connection dropped after some period. If it dropped, no realtime updates were received from emby server.

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

...what I believe (and that's what I'm working on), at some point the websocket connection was closed. I have this here on my test devices as well.

Websocket connection is also testable by sending messages from Emby-Server to devices.

Edited by quickmic

Sinnedyam
On 9/6/2021 at 7:46 PM, quickmic said:

New version available:

6.0.6 build 24 (ex2)

- local trailers support for cinema mode and library sync
- minor sync fixes
- iso selection fixed

Hello quickmic,

I like your addon very much. I had in the German Kodinerds forum already a small exchange. With your addon embyforkodi nextgen, the local trailers (which I have in my media directories), only played in "native mode", never in addon mode. You fixed that now and it works very well.

But what doesn't work at all for me in the version 6 is to call up the information of a movie in the movie list with the shortcut"i". This is only possible via "c" and then select information from the context menu. 

And what never appears in the version 6 is the cast of a movie.
In the 5 version this works perfectly, but the trailers do not. 

As you can see in the pics below: Is this already a known issue?

This is from 6.0.6 build 32 (ex3)Zwischenablage01.jpg

and this is from 5.3.4Zwischenablage02.thumb.jpg.23d55bdb9f2b36c3e064a5c4f84eef0d.jpg

It is a bit irritating that one file is from 07.10.2004 and the other from 08.10.2004. It is the same folder, the same scan, just different versions of your addon.

In the movie nfo it says 08.10.2004 

Edited by Sinnedyam
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

LichenKing
On 9/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, LichenKing said:

Most recent test build broke ISO playback again.

1. "Select Source Media" selection dialog appears more than once back to back when selecting item in Kodi.
  2. Playback always fails.

1. Resolved

2. Resolved

• Thanks 1

hstamas
On 8/18/2021 at 2:47 AM, quickmic said:

Very similar case was reported by @hstamas

It's still under review.

Any progress on this Mic? Not the end of the world as Im now in the habit of updating live tv every evening but it would be nice to not have to of course.

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic, NG 6.0.4(71/e12) Tvshows cast info pictures are missing, Movies are fine they displayed as expected 

Thanks for fixing,

Hi ,

I have weird problem with latest experiments version 32 

the problem emby stop scanning after movie named (...tick...tick...tick...) 

The log show something about unicode ! 

my OS is Windows 10 

Kodi 18.9 

the beta version of addon working without problems

• Like 1

quickmic
27 minutes ago, alazabe said:

Hi ,

my OS is Windows 10 

Kodi 18.9 

Thanks, I'll perform a test. If I cannot reproduce the issue, I need the kodi.log please.

quickmic
10 hours ago, Sinnedyam said:

But what doesn't work at all for me in the version 6 is to call up the information of a movie in the movie list with the shortcut"i". This is only possible via "c" and then select information from the context menu. 

Yes and no, I have no reproducible testcase at the moment but it happens also to me in very minor cases.

I'll check it once again.

It is a bit irritating that one file is from 07.10.2004 and the other from 08.10.2004. It is the same folder, the same scan, just different versions of your addon.

I'll check that too.

quickmic
9 hours ago, hstamas said:

Any progress on this Mic? Not the end of the world as Im now in the habit of updating live tv every evening but it would be nice to not have to of course.

Not yet, cause I haven't observed this issue once on my test setup. But received screenshots of users showing the issue. I know what's the problem, but with a testcase it's just guessing.

I'll test once again.

DiscoDuck79
12 hours ago, Sinnedyam said:

Hello quickmic,

I like your addon very much. I had in the German Kodinerds forum already a small exchange. With your addon embyforkodi nextgen, the local trailers (which I have in my media directories), only played in "native mode", never in addon mode. You fixed that now and it works very well.

and this is from 5.3.4Zwischenablage02.thumb.jpg.23d55bdb9f2b36c3e064a5c4f84eef0d.jpg

I had the same issue on a previous build but not on old content, just on added/updated when everything wasn't synced properly. Mine was resolved by an update to the latest emby-for-kodi and a DB reset.

BaukeZwart
17 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available:

6.0.6 build 32 (ex3)

delta change log:

- plugin strm files fixed (testing required)
- some websocket fixes

Mainly this version should fix sync issues (websocket disconnected). Not sure if this finally solves the issues, keep an eye on Kodi realtime updates.

I think you nailed it. Episodes added during the night are added to the Kodi dB. Also the long standing issue I had with metadata updated with tmm not being synced seems to be fixed. 👍

Edit: checked on both Shield and Fire TV, everything is now working on both devices. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

DiscoDuck79
18 hours ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

I watch regular TV on my kodi client using TVH client (TVH server is a separate server on my LAN and not connected to Emby), I stop the TV playback and play something from the Emby server. Stop the Emby stream and start "normal" TV again, now the Emby server restarts playback on the server of the item I just played from there although TV is being broadcasted onto my screen, but on the server control panel it indicates playback of the recently stopped episode. This is new since next-gen V6.

@quickmic

Figured this out. It was caused by that my Emby user had access to LiveTV in the Emby server settings, when I disabled this it works as normal again.

TVH Client on the kodi machine has been configured to connect to local server Y all the time, my Emby server is local server X. When I started playback with TVH client same was displayed on my TV, but on the Emby server control panel it indicated that playback of the most recent item on the server had started again from position zero. So there's a mismatch somewhere in the system, if it's caused by the skin, TVH client or emby-next-gen I have no idea of. But maybe you can put it very far down on your list of future-proofing.

• Like 1

Sinnedyam
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes and no, I have no reproducible testcase at the moment but it happens also to me in very minor cases.

I'll check it once again.

I'll check that too.

That is very kind of you. 

I checked it too with complete new kodi installation and first you 5.3.4 addon and later with the latest 6.0.6

Sadly I found some other disfunctions. Like I told in my post yesterday, the shortcut by pressing "i" on my keyboard doesn't work. In kodi I set the default select action to "show information". The 6.0.6. ignores it and plays the movie right away. In 5.3.4 it works like it should.

And in the sync process, there seems to be a mistaken rating. But it can also be a bug in kodi 19.1 or in the skin.

When I enable the user ratings in the sync process, it takes the wrong rating. Like the movie I posted earlier in my screenshots. I haven't seen it, so obviously, I haven't rated it. But kodi shows a user rating of 7 

Zwischenablage03.jpg.b95f1fba987a81049541b445b432a3a0.jpg

In the emby metadata editor, it seems to be the "critics rating" of 72. So maybe the sync isn't working properly, or kodi or the skin shows it wrong. It is nothing important, but I wanted to give any hint, where something might have gone wrong.

Zwischenablage04.jpg.3bcc7426dc3bfdaa730fb953524842aa.jpg

quickmic
6 hours ago, alazabe said:

Hi ,

my OS is Windows 10 

Kodi 18.9 

Please send me a kodi.log, I check, not problem on Kodi 18.2 and debian.

quickmic
17 hours ago, Sinnedyam said:

I checked that, the gap comes from rounding. The actual timestamp includes not only the date, also the time. Seems emby rounds e.g 07.10.2021:22:00 to 08.10.2021 for date only while Kodi seems to cut the time. So the timestamp in Kodi DB and Emby DB is correct, but they shown differently.

btw, even native Kodi content has this gap.

quickmic
4 hours ago, DiscoDuck79 said:

@quickmic

Figured this out. It was caused by that my Emby user had access to LiveTV in the Emby server settings, when I disabled this it works as normal again.

TVH Client on the kodi machine has been configured to connect to local server Y all the time, my Emby server is local server X. When I started playback with TVH client same was displayed on my TV, but on the Emby server control panel it indicated that playback of the most recent item on the server had started again from position zero. So there's a mismatch somewhere in the system, if it's caused by the skin, TVH client or emby-next-gen I have no idea of. But maybe you can put it very far down on your list of future-proofing.

It's not only about live TV, it's for all native Kodi content mixed with emby synced content. I fixed it and will be part of the next version.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
4 hours ago, Sinnedyam said:

That is very kind of you. 

I checked it too with complete new kodi installation and first you 5.3.4 addon and later with the latest 6.0.6

Sadly I found some other disfunctions. Like I told in my post yesterday, the shortcut by pressing "i" on my keyboard doesn't work. In kodi I set the default select action to "show information". The 6.0.6. ignores it and plays the movie right away. In 5.3.4 it works like it should.

And in the sync process, there seems to be a mistaken rating. But it can also be a bug in kodi 19.1 or in the skin.

When I enable the user ratings in the sync process, it takes the wrong rating. Like the movie I posted earlier in my screenshots. I haven't seen it, so obviously, I haven't rated it. But kodi shows a user rating of 7 

Zwischenablage03.jpg.b95f1fba987a81049541b445b432a3a0.jpg

In the emby metadata editor, it seems to be the "critics rating" of 72. So maybe the sync isn't working properly, or kodi or the skin shows it wrong. It is nothing important, but I wanted to give any hint, where something might have gone wrong.

Zwischenablage04.jpg.3bcc7426dc3bfdaa730fb953524842aa.jpg

Actually it was on purpose cause Kodi's "standard" is 1-10 for rating. Anyway, I modified the code and should match now with Emby and available in next version.

quickmic
15 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi Quickmic, NG 6.0.4(71/e12) Tvshows cast info pictures are missing, Movies are fine they displayed as expected 

Thanks for fixing,

17 hours ago, Sinnedyam said:

Both issues are related to the same bug and will be fixed in the next version.

Workaround (not tested): If cast not available, update one movie or episode of the same library (so that it's incrementally synced AFTER THE INIT SYNC) and it should work again.

There is a contentinfo tag missing in the Kodi DB after init sync, but it will be corrected on an update sync. That's the reason why sometimes there is no issue and sometimes there is.

Edited by quickmic