embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

@t123thomas and @BaukeZwart

I see the problem. I forgot to update the beta repo addon.xml. It's still the 5.2.06 version in beta repo. I'll fix it.

Please update again from beta repo as soon as you can see 5.2.07.

Edited by quickmic

heula
On 5/13/2021 at 5:32 PM, quickmic said:

What I can see in the logs:

2021-05-13 17:07:27.306 T:29165   ERROR <general>: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.info.service/default.py
2021-05-13 17:07:27.306 T:29165   ERROR <general>: :46: 
2021-05-13 17:07:27.306 T:29165   ERROR <general>: SyntaxWarning
2021-05-13 17:07:27.306 T:29165   ERROR <general>: : 
2021-05-13 17:07:27.307 T:29165   ERROR <general>: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
2021-05-13 17:07:27.307 T:29165   ERROR <general>: 

2021-05-13 17:07:27.308 T:29165   ERROR <general>:   
2021-05-13 17:07:27.308 T:29165   ERROR <general>: if (self.selecteditem is not ""):
2021-05-13 17:07:27.308 T:29165   ERROR <general>: 

"script.skin.info.service" crashed. Can you disable this plugin and try again?

Sorry for the late response but I didn't had time to test it until just now. I created a new profile in Kodi without script.skin.info.service installed but it still crashes when I select a recently added photo.

From within the widget Kodi crashes immediately but when I open the Emby next gen recently added photos, the first images will be directly played but doesn't continue and I cant go further. This direct opening of the first image seems odd as well to me. When I go back and press play to start the slideshow Kodi crashes

kodi.log

bozrdnag

I upgraded to the latest beta last night and my lone dynamic library stopped working.  I have one that is NFl football games and the library content is set as Home Videos in Emby.  It always worked fine previously, but now it doesn't list any videos.  Oddly though it some do appear under Recently added.

quickmic
24 minutes ago, heula said:

Sorry for the late response but I didn't had time to test it until just now. I created a new profile in Kodi without script.skin.info.service installed but it still crashes when I select a recently added photo.

From within the widget Kodi crashes immediately but when I open the Emby next gen recently added photos, the first images will be directly played but doesn't continue and I cant go further. This direct opening of the first image seems odd as well to me. When I go back and press play to start the slideshow Kodi crashes

kodi.log 314.52 kB · 0 downloads

Do you have special characters in you picture names/label/pathes?

quickmic

New experimental version available:

Recently added pictures fixed

@heula please perform a test

Probably there is still an issue, seems new approach recently added pictures via widgets but breaks via plugin menu.

Edited by quickmic

jaybird2203

Running the 5.2.07 beta with 19.1 on Windows.

Just rebuilding my libraries and my Screensaver kicked in..it dims the screen to 0% after 1 min as expected... but noticed that while the app is running an update of some type (rebuilding the libraries, cache all artwork etc) I'm unable to get the screensaver to disable. Even using the Kodi Android remote app doesn't disengage the screensaver. Was working without issue on 5.2.06.

Let me know if you need anything but figured this would be a simple thing to check.

quickmic
1 minute ago, jaybird2203 said:

Just rebuilding my libraries and my Screensaver kicked in..it dims the screen to 0% after 1 min as expected... but noticed that while the app is running an update of some type (rebuilding the libraries, cache all artwork etc) I'm unable to get the screensaver to disable. Even using the Kodi Android remote app doesn't disengage the screensaver. Was working without issue on 5.2.06.

Let me know if you need anything but figured this would be a simple thing to check.

I'll check that...

heula
58 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New experimental version available:

Recently added pictures fixed

@heula please perform a test

Probably there is still an issue, seems new approach recently added pictures via widgets but breaks via plugin menu.

Tested and it is working now. 👍🏻

Thanks.

heula
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Is it also working via plugin menu? On my box it's broken.

At first it crashed but a second try went well.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, jaybird2203 said:

I've performed a test. The screensaver should be disabled while running updates and restore the settings after finished. Not sure, why this doesn't happen on you box. Have you enabled the screensaver after the update was initiated?

bozrdnag
4 hours ago, bozrdnag said:

I upgraded to the latest beta last night and my lone dynamic library stopped working.  I have one that is NFl football games and the library content is set as Home Videos in Emby.  It always worked fine previously, but now it doesn't list any videos.  Oddly though it some do appear under Recently added.

Here's a log if it helps.

kodi.log

jaybird2203
58 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I've performed a test. The screensaver should be disabled while running updates and restore the settings after finished. Not sure, why this doesn't happen on you box. Have you enabled the screensaver after the update was initiated?

Nope, no changes to my setup between 5.2.06 and 5.2.07. My sync settings within the plugin is still set to allow screensaver during syncs. 

All the settings within the sync tab are enabled, "ask to proceed..." set to 9999. Playback mode set to - Add-on

Paging items - 150

Paging threads - 15

quickmic
5 minutes ago, jaybird2203 said:

Nope, no changes to my setup between 5.2.06 and 5.2.07. My sync settings within the plugin is still set to allow screensaver during syncs. 

All the settings within the sync tab are enabled, "ask to proceed..." set to 9999. Playback mode set to - Add-on

Paging items - 150

Paging threads - 15

Was the sync ok, just the screensaver issue?

bozrdnag
9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

@bozrdnag

How do you access homevideos? Via plugin menu or via nodes using a custom skin?

I was already on 5.2.0.7 but had manually installed from zip.  I just reinstalled it through the beta repo and it still acts the same. Normally via nodes in a custom skin.  But plugin menu yields the same results.

• Like 1

quickmic
8 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

I was already on 5.2.0.7 but had manually installed from zip.  I just reinstalled it through the beta repo and it still acts the same. Normally via nodes in a custom skin.  But plugin menu yields the same results.

I'll setup a test case, I hope I can reproduce the issue.

jaybird2203
27 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Was the sync ok, just the screensaver issue?

Correct, sync appears to have completed correctly. 

quickmic
21 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll setup a test case, I hope I can reproduce the issue.

I've tested, no issue here. I assume the video is available on emby server WebUI? What was the last working version?

Was the video recently added to emby server, or is it an older video?

bozrdnag

I don't remember which version I was on previously.  I hadn't updated in a couple weeks. Everything is fine on Emby.

It's not one video.  None of them are showing and the last one was added on January.  Like I said earlier, the odd thing is that under Recently added for that node it lists 25 games and they do play.  Just nothing under hte main node.  This is happening on my 2 Shields and my Mac.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

I don't remember which version I was on previously.  I hadn't updated in a couple weeks. Everything is fine on Emby.

It's not one video.  None of them are showing and the last one was added on January.  Like I said earlier, the odd thing is that under Recently added for that node it lists 25 games and they do play.  Just nothing under hte main node.  This is happening on my 2 Shields and my Mac.

I've uploaded a new experimental version.

Not sure if this fixes the issue, but please try it.

bozrdnag

Just installed the experimental version and the problem is still there.  Here are some screen shots:

1. is in the the Plugin showing the node (Browns Games)

2. shows me selecting Browns Games in that node

3. shows the empty contents

4. is back in the node with me selecting Recently Added

5. shows the displayed contecnt for Recently added under the Browns Gmees node

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

• Thanks 1

quickmic
10 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

Just installed the experimental version and the problem is still there.  Here are some screen shots:

1. is in the the Plugin showing the node (Browns Games)

2. shows me selecting Browns Games in that node

3. shows the empty contents

4. is back in the node with me selecting Recently Added

5. shows the displayed contecnt for Recently added under the Browns Gmees node

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Thanks, it will take a while to find the issue. I've to compare the queries...