embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

Home2008

I've installed it, rebooted Kodi and installed it again. I had to make a manual application on the server. It was no longer automatic. Now it seems to be working.

quickmic

Please perform a test with 5.2.04 page one of this thread, and will upload a new version in the next minutes.

Also I'll push it to kodi repo.

The bug was already fixed.

Additional fix in 5.2.05:

Musicvideo realtime sync issue (no Presentation Key)

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

djhifi
23 hours ago, quickmic said:

I don't have mixed content on my Emby server, so I took that piece of code straight from 4.x. Was it ever differently?

@quickmic Ok so this is not working as intended. I did a full library reset on E4K and the addon is showing "Anime (TV Shows)" and "Anime (Movies)" dynamic listings.

On my Emby Server I dont have 2 libraries for anime, only 1 for mixed content.

I thought it would work yesterday, as I reported, because it was showing only 1 library on all my KODI installs, but it seems it's not working. It did some kind of incremental sync by itself and it fucked up everything.

I resetted the .db to check if it would solve but no, the addon keeps reporting 2 libraries originating from a single Mixed content one. Needless to say, this defeats the whole purpose... :D

What can be the case?

E4K seems to be reporting a mixed library as 2 separate libraries (Movies+TV Shows)

Maybe check something in the code?

Edited by djhifi

djhifi
21 hours ago, CharleyVarrick said:

I suggest you try getting a decent internet plan, unlike this 🤣

Seriously envious, but I saw mention you have dynamic libraries and while I cannot explain all the nuts and bolts of it, it might be a big part of the slowness you are refering to

Consider syncing that library

image.png.d5a58413f7b609de1fd939fd8ea59a0e.png

Dynamic libraries are just the way the addon (E4K) sees the libraries until they are synced into the KODI .db file.

I'm syncing them into the KODI .db file.

I only referred this because it's what the addon can see, for debug purposes.

I dont stream/transcode from my server either.

I use native playback :D

My internet plan has nothing to do with this but thanks for quoting my sig :D Internet is cheap where I live

• Haha 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, djhifi said:

@quickmic Ok so this is not working as intended. I did a full library reset on E4K and the addon is showing "Anime (TV Shows)" and "Anime (Movies)" dynamic listings.

I thought it would work yesterday, as I reported, but it seems it's not working.

What can be the case?

E4K seems to be reporting a mixed library as Movies+TV Shows

I'm still working on the evaluation on the lib syncs.

Generally, the plugin can only sync content what's supported by (native) Kodi. I think mixed content is not supported by Kodi. Current implementation tries to split mixed content in the actual content and feeds the Kodi db. In other words, a mixed content sync loads mixed content "movies" to movies and mixed content TVShows to "TV Shows".

I'll try to improve it...

bozrdnag
4 minutes ago, djhifi said:

I thought it would work yesterday, as I reported, because it was showing only 1 library on all my KODI installs, but it seems it's not working. It did some kind of incremental sync by itself and it fucked up everything.

I resetted the .db to check if it would solve but no, the addon keeps reporting 2 libraries originating from a single Mixed content one. Needless to say, this defeats the whole purpose... :D

What can be the case?

E4K seems to be reporting a mixed library as 2 separate libraries (Movies+TV Shows)

Mixed libraries have been converted to 2 since the original E4K. I always assumed that was the only way it could do it since Kodi doesn't have a mixed db option. If you used Kodi's library straight up without Emby, there is no way to do a mixed library to my knowledge. 

I think it's a Kodi shortcoming, not an issue with E4K. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Generally, the plugin can only sync content what's supported by (native) Kodi. I think mixed content is not supported by Kodi. Current implementation tries to split mixed content in the actual content and feeds the Kodi db. In other words, a mixed content sync loads mixed content "movies" to movies and mixed content TVShows to "TV Shows".

btw, this is also a reason why audiobooks etc are not syncable yet. (It's on the feature request list)

djhifi
13 minutes ago, bozrdnag said:

Mixed libraries have been converted to 2 since the original E4K. I always assumed that was the only way it could do it since Kodi doesn't have a mixed db option. If you used Kodi's library straight up without Emby, there is no way to do a mixed library to my knowledge. 

I think it's a Kodi shortcoming, not an issue with E4K. 

You could convert 1 mixed library into 1 Dynamic Listing (seen by E4K) and then create a menu entry using that Library Node.

Library Node is the way to go in order to avoid these shortcomings. I use those for many things inside KODI. Try it. 

Funny thing is, the Library Nodes (within E4K) have "Anime" (single library) but inside the addon, TV Shows + Movies

And you can also have mixed playlists in KODI.

I think this could be looked at

Edited by djhifi

djhifi
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I answered in my post above. But basically what I would like to ask is this:

the Library Nodes (within E4K) have "Anime" (single library) but inside the addon, TV Shows + Movies dynamic listings.

Wouldn't there be a way to transport that library node into the dynamic listing as well, in order for users, when creating a menu entry and pointing it, would actually point to Library Node and not video .db?

As it is, Library Node is showing "Anime" but then, once clicks, it shows those 2 entries in the dynamic listings if we dig deeper in the selection screen at menu-level customization. So it renders impossible to actually enter mixed library created on the server.

I think this would work. Library Node is the way to go in order to avoid these shortcomings. Because the skin is not reading from kodi .db itself, but rather from Emby. 

This is how I manage, for example, to separate Anime TV Shows (recently added) from regular TV Shows (recently added) on my main menu widgets, etc etc.

EDIT: I found this on reddit, which is helpful and might give us a hint on what can be done to workaround it?

As a short version, Kodi internally sorts videos into either Movies or TV Shows, it doesn't have a generic video type we can tap into. So when mixed content gets synced and item types get sorted into Movies vs TV Shows, it winds up effectively creating 2 libraries locally. It only happens when they're synced though, if you don't sync a mixed content library then it's viewable in it's combined form as a dynamic library (pulls from the server directly). It's unfortunately just a limitation of Kodi's internal item types.

I'm not sure if there's a way to merge them in this view, nor am I sure it would be a good idea to do so anyway. For example, having a "recently added episodes" tag in a library with a bunch of movies in it is largely pointless, just like having a "box sets" section when there's a lot of shows.

source from 9months ago: One Mixed Content library has 2 playlist in Kodi, Tv Shows and Movies : jellyfin (reddit.com)

PS: Jellyfin behaves much like E4K and the issue is when we add new content on the Server, the library is actually viewable as mixed content on KODI if we dont touch it ever again...

Edited by djhifi

12 hours ago, quickmic said:

Try set the sync date back a few days:

Shutdown Kodi, open and manipulate the following files:

/home/quickmic/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/settings.xml

open it, search the following line:

<setting id="LastIncrementalSync">2021-03-07T08:14:08z</setting>

set the date one or two days back (before you modified/added the episodes).

open this file:

/home/quickmic/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/sync.json

manipulate this line:

"Date": "2021-03-07T08:13:20Z"

Also one or two days back.

restart Kodi and check.

DON'T manipulate the files when Kodi is running. They get overwritten on exit.

Thanks for the suggestion @quickmic. I'm running this on MiBox (Android TV). This is the path where I found settings.xml:

Home/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/resources
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<settings>
   <category label="29999"><!-- Emby -->
       <setting label="30003" id="idMethod" type="enum" values="Manual|Emby Connect" default="0" />
       <setting label="30024" id="username" type="text" default="" visible="eq(-1,0)" />
       <setting label="30543" id="connectUsername" type="text" default="" visible="!eq(0,) + eq(-2,1)" />
       <setting label="30600" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=connect)" visible="eq(-3,1) + eq(-1,)" option="close" />
       <setting label="30618" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=connect)" visible="eq(-4,1) + !eq(-2,)" option="close" />
       <setting label="30001" id="serverName" type="text" default="" />
       <setting label="30000" id="server" type="text" default="" visible="true" />
       <setting label="33150" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=updateserver)" visible="!eq(-1,)" option="close" />
       <setting label="30500" id="sslverify" type="bool" default="true" visible="true" />
       <setting type="sep" />
       <setting label="33110" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30504" id="deviceNameOpt" type="bool" default="false" />
       <setting label="30016" id="deviceName" type="text" default="Kodi" visible="eq(-1,true)" subsetting="true" />
   </category>
   <category label="30506"><!-- Sync Options -->
       <setting label="33186" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="33137" id="kodiCompanion" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="33207" id="askSyncIndicator" type="number" default="9999" visible="eq(-1,true)" subsetting="true" />
       <setting label="33185" id="syncDuringPlay" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="30536" id="dbSyncScreensaver" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="33111" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30511" id="useDirectPaths" type="enum" lvalues="33036|33037" default="0" />
       <setting label="33111" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30515" id="limitIndex" type="number" default="15" option="int" />
       <setting label="33174" id="limitThreads" type="number" default="3" option="int" />
       <setting label="33176" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="33213" id="displayMultiEpLabel" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="30157" id="enableCoverArt" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="33116" id="compressArt" type="bool" default="false" />
       <setting label="30508" id="syncEmptyShows" type="bool" default="false" />
       <setting label="33187" id="syncRottenTomatoes" type="bool" visible="false" default="true" /> <!-- removed -->
       <setting id="enableMusic" visible="false" default="false" />
   </category>    
   <category label="30516"><!-- Playback -->
       <setting label="33113" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30518" id="enableCinema" type="bool" default="false" />
       <setting label="30519" id="askCinema" type="bool" default="false" visible="eq(-1,true)" subsetting="true" />
       <setting label="Transcode" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30522" id="transcode_h265" type="bool" default="false" visible="true" />
       <setting label="33214" id="transcodeDivx" type="bool" default="false" visible="true" />
       <setting label="33215" id="transcodeXvid" type="bool" default="false" visible="true" />
       <setting label="33216" id="transcodeMpeg2" type="bool" default="false" visible="true" />
       <setting type="sep" />
       <setting label="Output Format Video" id="TranscodeFormatVideo" type="enum" values="h264|hevc" visible="true" default="0" />
       <setting label="Output Format Audio" id="TranscodeFormatAudio" type="enum" values="aac|ac3" visible="true" default="0" />
       <setting label="33115" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30160" id="videoBitrate" type="enum" values="664 Kbps SD|996 Kbps HD|1.3 Mbps HD|2.0 Mbps HD|3.2 Mbps HD|4.7 Mbps HD|6.2 Mbps HD|7.7 Mbps HD|9.2 Mbps HD|10.7 Mbps HD|12.2 Mbps HD|13.7 Mbps HD|15.2 Mbps HD|16.7 Mbps HD|18.2 Mbps HD|20.0 Mbps HD|25.0 Mbps HD|30.0 Mbps HD|35.0 Mbps HD|40.0 Mbps HD|100.0 Mbps HD|1000.0 Mbps HD" visible="true" default="20" />
       <setting label="Audio Bitrate" id="audioBitrate" type="enum" values="64 Kbps|96 Kbps|128 Kbps|192 Kbps|256 Kbps|320 Kbps|384 Kbps|448 Kbps|512 Kbps" visible="true" default="3" />
       <setting type="sep" />
       <setting label="33112" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30521" id="resumeJumpBack" type="slider" default="10" range="0,1,120" option="int" />
   </category>    
   <category label="30235"><!-- Interface -->
       <setting label="33105" id="enableContext" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="33143" id="enableContextDelete" type="bool" visible="eq(-1,true)" default="true" subsetting="true" />
       <setting label="33107" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30528" id="addUsers" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=adduser&amp;permanent=true)" option="close" />
       <setting label="33210" id="addUsersHidden" type="bool" default="false" />
       <setting type="sep"/>
       <setting label="30534" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="30249" id="connectMsg" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="30545" id="offlinetMsg" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="30530" id="restartMsg" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="30547" id="displayMessage" type="slider" default="4" range="4,1,20" option="int" />
       <setting label="33108" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="33177" id="syncProgress" type="number" default="15" visible="true" />
       <setting label="30531" id="newContent" type="bool" default="false" />
       <setting label="30532" id="newvideotime" type="number" visible="eq(-1,true)" default="5" option="int" subsetting="true" />
       <setting label="30533" id="newmusictime" type="number" visible="eq(-2,true)" default="2" option="int" subsetting="true" />
   </category>
   <category label="33109"><!-- Plugin -->
       <setting id="ignoreSpecialsNextEpisodes" type="bool" label="30527" default="false" />
       <setting id="getCast" type="bool" label="33124" default="false" />
   </category>    
   <category label="30022"><!-- Advanced -->
       <setting label="30004" id="logLevel" type="enum" values="Disabled|Info|Debug" default="1" />
       <setting label="33164" id="maskInfo" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="30239" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=reset)" option="close" />
       <setting label="30535" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=deviceid)" option="close" />
       <setting label="33196" type="lsep" />
       <setting label="33195" id="enableAddon" type="bool" default="true" />
       <setting label="33180" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=restartservice)" option="close" />
       <setting label="30529" id="startupDelay" type="number" default="0" option="int" />
       <setting label="33161" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=checkupdate)" option="close" />
       <setting type="sep" />
       <setting label="33104" type="lsep"/>
       <setting label="33093" type="folder" id="backupPath" option="writeable" />
       <setting label="33092" type="action" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=backup)" visible="!eq(-1,)" option="close" />
       <setting id="LastIncrementalSync" type="text" visible="false" />
       <setting id="MinimumSetup" type="text" visible="false" />
       <setting id="MusicRescan" type="bool" visible="false" />
       <setting id="SyncInstallRunDone" type="bool" visible="false" />
       <setting id="groupedSets" type="bool" visible="false" />
       <setting id="platformDetected" type="text" visible="false" />
       <setting id="changelog" type="bool" visible="false" />
       <setting id="distroDetected" type="text" visible="false" />
       <setting id="Migrate" type="bool" visible="false" />
   </category>
</settings>

This appears to be in a different format from what you have:

<setting id="LastIncrementalSync" type="text" visible="false" />

And I can't find the sync.json file.

quickmic

Wrong file, can anybody else drop the correct link for Android?

I don;t use it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I don;t use it.

Urgh I knew it :(

Would I be able to remove and reinstall the plugin? Will it keep my settings while resetting the sync date?

quickmic

No, not possible. Only complete (Kodi) DB reset would work.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

BaukeZwart

@quickmicbeen playing with 5.02.04 on my Win10 test machine today and it's stable as rock.
I also have Emby and tmm nicely working together now. Time to move my 2 operational Kodi setups (Nvidia Shield and Fire TV)) to E4K.

Thanks again for al the great work you are doing here.

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I don;t use it.

Found the path! I'll continue digging in.

Home/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/

I see settings.xml and sync.json in there.

7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

yep, that seems correct.

I think that fixed it!

What's odd is, I noticed 2 other shows were updated last night as they were released, while that Resident Alien show was stuck showing only 2 episodes. But rolling back the sync date fixed the issue with Resident Alien, showing all 8 episodes now.

Thank you so much for your help and response!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

quickmic
25 minutes ago, vurt said:

I think that fixed it!

What's odd is, I noticed 2 other shows were updated last night as they were released, while that Resident Alien show was stuck showing only 2 episodes. But rolling back the sync date fixed the issue with Resident Alien, showing all 8 episodes now.

Thank you so much for your help and response!!!!

giphy.gif

General info:

If someone is affected by a sync bug, Kodi DB is out of sync.

The method (rollback the sync date -> before the issue) always works if the ACTUAL BUG IS FIXED IN THE UPDATED VERSION!

Probably I'll add a option in the plugin to rollback the sync date.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Centory

Shame on me,  it was not enabled, you're like Muhamed Ali - The World's Greatest. All is working now.

Edited by Centory
  • Like 2

dunk_98

I am still experience a sleep issue on my both my shield's, If I put them to sleep while kodi is running, even for 5 mins and I add a episode or change a watch state, when i start the shield again it never performs a sync and also i can not start playback on a file. If i then exit/quit Kodi, and relaunch the app is all sync's fine and everything plays. I am on Kodi 19 using the Aeon Nox Silvio skin (if that makes a difference). and running the latest 5.2.05 build

On a positive note the new version sync's significantly quicker on relaunch then the previous

I am unsure how to create a log to upload, you you could provide me some instruction i would be happy to follow them.

quickmic
3 hours ago, dunk_98 said:

I am still experience a sleep issue on my both my shield's, If I put them to sleep while kodi is running, even for 5 mins and I add a episode or change a watch state, when i start the shield again it never performs a sync and also i can not start playback on a file. If i then exit/quit Kodi, and relaunch the app is all sync's fine and everything plays. I am on Kodi 19 using the Aeon Nox Silvio skin (if that makes a difference). and running the latest 5.2.05 build

On a positive note the new version sync's significantly quicker on relaunch then the previous

I am unsure how to create a log to upload, you you could provide me some instruction i would be happy to follow them.

Ok, thanks for testing. I'll change the restart procedure. The wake up event restarts the emby plugin a bit differently as manually method. I'll change to use always the "manual" method.

quickmic
On 3/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, t123thomas said:

I dont know why the Kodi discioonected from the server, I left my Kodi on went for a walk for about 1/2 hour came back the laptop went to hybernation, pressed entered key the system came back, When I tries to play video I noticed it wasn't responding, actiors fan acts  not populating so it seems that E4K disconnected with server, when I checked the log, it seems to confirm my assumption, I may be right/wrong. When I restart Kodi play back seems fine.

No Urgency/Immediate

Here is the logs

2021-03-22 14:11:24.494 T:10940    INFO <general>: script.module.metadatautils --> Rate limiter active for themoviedb.org - delaying request with 5 seconds - Configure a personal API key in the settings to get rid of this message and the delay.
2021-03-22 14:11:25.243 T:9788     INFO <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..
2021-03-22 14:11:25.243 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Found Servers: [{'Address': 'http://192.168.1.104:8096', 'Id': '3ee5bb58a99b4336876aa53525d507ac', 'Name': 'U-ROCK-PC'}]
2021-03-22 14:11:25.244 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connectToServers, with 1 servers
2021-03-22 14:11:25.244 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-22 14:11:25.244 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: http://192.168.1.104:8096/emby/system/info/public
2021-03-22 14:11:25.255 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: calling onSuccessfulConnection with connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-22 14:11:25.267 T:9788    ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.core.HTTP: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check
2021-03-22 14:11:25.268 T:9788    ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.hooks.monitor.Monitor: EmbyServer Connect error
2021-03-22 14:11:35.269 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.emby.connect.Connect: --[ server/DEFAULT ]
2021-03-22 14:11:35.270 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connect
2021-03-22 14:11:36.274 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Found Servers: [{'Address': 'http://192.168.1.104:8096', 'Id': '3ee5bb58a99b4336876aa53525d507ac', 'Name': 'U-ROCK-PC'}]
2021-03-22 14:11:36.274 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connectToServers, with 1 servers
2021-03-22 14:11:36.274 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-22 14:11:36.275 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: http://192.168.1.104:8096/emby/system/info/public
2021-03-22 14:11:36.286 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: calling onSuccessfulConnection with connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-22 14:11:36.308 T:9788    ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.core.HTTP: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check
2021-03-22 14:11:36.308 T:9788    ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.hooks.monitor.Monitor: EmbyServer Connect error
2021-03-22 14:11:46.308 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.emby.connect.Connect: --[ server/DEFAULT ]
2021-03-22 14:11:46.309 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connect
2021-03-22 14:11:47.311 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Found Servers: [{'Address': 'http://192.168.1.104:8096', 'Id': '3ee5bb58a99b4336876aa53525d507ac', 'Name': 'U-ROCK-PC'}]
2021-03-22 14:11:47.312 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connectToServers, with 1 servers
2021-03-22 14:11:47.312 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-22 14:11:47.312 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: http://192.168.1.104:8096/emby/system/info/public
2021-03-22 14:11:47.333 T:9788     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: calling onSuccessfulConnection with connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-22 14:11:47.351 T:9788    ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.core.HTTP: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check
2021-03-22 14:11:47.351 T:9788    ERROR <general>: ERROR: EMBY.hooks.monitor.Monitor: EmbyServer Connect error

Do you see all user on the selection screen?

Actually, I'm performing tests, seems the selection dialog is limited to three users (alphabetically)

EDIT:

I was wrong, users are can be swiped/scrolled.

Edited by quickmic