embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

t123thomas
5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Do you see all user on the selection screen?

Actually, I'm performing tests, seems the selection dialog is limited to three users (alphabetically)

EDIT:

I was wrong, users are can be swiped/scrolled.

Yes it limited to three use on the users on the selected , only the one with admin right is allowed

quickmic

No it's not (3 user limit), that was also my impression but you can navigate to other users. Arrow keys. Can you please check

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No it's not (3 user limit), that was also my impression but you can navigate to other users. Arrow keys. Can you please check

OK, I will later, have you fixed the issue blank info on the  connection screen?

t123thomas
1 minute ago, t123thomas said:

OK, I will later, have you fixed the issue blank info on the  connection screen?

I want to be sure everything is fine on Coreelec before I migrate to my main media Libreelec General, that my family will not forget or patient for testing LoL

t123thomas
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, I'm still reviewing your case. Not able to reproduce at the moment.

Ok fine let meknow when its good for testing, normally that page shouldn't be blank, it could be the reason why COreelec is not acting normal (just guessing)

Edited by t123thomas

quickmic
24 minutes ago, t123thomas said:

Ok fine let meknow when its good for testing, normally that page shouldn't be blank, it could be the reason why COreelec is not acting normal (just guessing)

Does it work on Windows or other devices?

djhifi

@quickmic I have 2 "new" issues to report (using latest E4K):

1 - Using Mixed Libraries and adding new content (in my case, series) it's not causing E4K to trigger incremental sync. The only way I get Anime TV Shows synced is if I go into the addon properties inside KODI and manually issue "update library". 

2 - (can you try and reproduce this?): Creating a widget inside KODI and pointing it to Recently Added TV Shows but using the nodes from inside the Emby for KODI (so, going into "Addons > Video Addons etc) instead of "Video Library" does not make it work correctly, episodes are badly named (random numbers only instead of titles), almost as if we were browsing a playlist.

I found this out yesterday, since I create TV Shows and Anime menu entries in my KODI, and point them to the 2 dynamic listings seen by E4K when using widgets.

PS: This was working before, not like the current status.

PPS: If you need print screen of what I'm explaining, please say. But it can be easily reproduced.

EDIT: @quickmic After some more research in my KODI, the incremental sync not triggering (according to my point number 1) is only happening with Anime TV Shows. So, Movies in the same mixed library (on the server) do trigger incremental sync (and go into my KODI "Movies" menu entry as expected).

But new Anime TV Shows don't go into my "Anime" menu entry, I have to manually issue a library update.

What's even more funny is, for example: I add a new Anime on Emby Server. I go into Movies inside KODI and link a movie to the Anime TV Show (added on the server but not yet incrementally synced) it actually shows the TV Show to link, but it does not exist in the library view. Only after I issue the said library update manually.

I don't know what is going on.

Edited by djhifi
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick
On 3/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, quickmic said:

Additional fix in 5.2.05:

Musicvideo realtime sync issue (no Presentation Key)

Hi quickmic

not sure what "no presentation key" means, can you expand?

anything else to look for in 5.2.05 ?

quickmic
On 3/24/2021 at 3:36 AM, dunk_98 said:

I am still experience a sleep issue on my both my shield's, If I put them to sleep while kodi is running, even for 5 mins and I add a episode or change a watch state, when i start the shield again it never performs a sync and also i can not start playback on a file. If i then exit/quit Kodi, and relaunch the app is all sync's fine and everything plays. I am on Kodi 19 using the Aeon Nox Silvio skin (if that makes a difference). and running the latest 5.2.05 build

On a positive note the new version sync's significantly quicker on relaunch then the previous

I am unsure how to create a log to upload, you you could provide me some instruction i would be happy to follow them.

Can you please send me a sleepmode issue kodi.log via PM.

quickmic

Experimental version uploaded on page 1 of this thread.

Changes:

delete item (Context menu) fixed
add user fixed
taglines fixed
hibernate fixes (to be tested)
sync performance
Login fixes (to be tested)

The tagline fixes requires a DB reset.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 3

quickmic

Performance hint:

Increase in plugin option -> sync: Paging max items. I use 100

Increase in plugin option -> sync: Paging download threads. I use 30

The default values are ridiculously low. I'll change the default values by next version

• Like 3

CharleyVarrick
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I just updated to last experimental and report an issue, Settings is unresponsive ( I can't get in)

EDIT: Do I need to perform local DB reset (you wrote tagline fixes requires...) but I never observed those "0" taglines mentionned earlier

image.thumb.png.f1ea4490bf7105bc5bc9421e8721542d.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick

quickmic
2 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

I just updated to last experimental and report an issue, Settings is unresponsive ( I can't get in)

image.thumb.png.f1ea4490bf7105bc5bc9421e8721542d.png

Thanks, confirmed. That's a bug, I'll fix it. You can still access the settings via plugin -> configuration, It's exactly the same

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, confirmed. That's a bug, I'll fix it. You can still access the settings via plugin -> configuration, It's exactly the same

Workaround confirmed (but I'm busted, now you know where I was going with this...😉

image.thumb.png.13c324775ffff30ffbd3e0606b943d90.png

• Like 1

quickmic

If you play with the settings, restart Kodi. Realtime changes are not tested yet, and probably wont work.

• Agree 1

CharleyVarrick

I dont need to click on Kodi to open it anymore, I just look at the desktop shortcut and it opens.😀

What do those 2 settings actually do, I blindly follow whatever you said but how/where would I notice a difference?

image.thumb.png.b3ceadc35bd3d32b63d6ed747a5b8516.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Agree 1

quickmic
11 minutes ago, CharleyVarrick said:

I dont need to click on Kodi to open it anymore, I just look at the desktop shortcut and it opens.😀

What do those 2 settings actually do, I blindly follow whatever you said but how/where would I notice a difference?

image.thumb.png.b3ceadc35bd3d32b63d6ed747a5b8516.png

Paging settings are addressing simultaneous background threads and number of downloads.

Download threads = simultaneous workers (threads)

max items = Number of items pushed from Emby server per query. e.g. 1000 items to be synced, it's splits 1000 items into 100 items each

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

CharleyVarrick

Thanks.

One other question, if I may, about emby next gen/manage libraries

What is the difference between Update and Repair libraries ?

Ever since those existed, I never tried Repair.

image.png.a5df8b8c921ceaac8d3ba7bb8b810713.png

quickmic

Repair:  Same as manually: remove lib followed by add lib

Update: Keeps lib, just queries all lib-items from Emby server for refresh.

Difference: If invalid recordsets already in the Kodi DB, an update will not fix it. It just adds new/changed content.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

djhifi
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Experimental version uploaded on page 1 of this thread.

Changes:

delete item (Context menu) fixed
add user fixed
taglines fixed
hibernate fixes (to be tested)
sync performance
Login fixes (to be tested)

Will test and see if it solved the issue of the incremental sync on my Mixed Anime .db

I have a new anime TV Show to add on the server, so lets see if it gets picked up by .06

Does it require a database reset/repair or can it be tested "as is" ?

quickmic
Just now, djhifi said:

Will test and see if it solved the issue of the incremental sync on my Mixed Anime .db

I have a new anime TV Show to add on the server, so lets see if it gets picked up by .06

Does it require a database reset/repair or can it be tested "as is" ?

fyi, mixed content is not addressed yet. It's still on my list.

DB reset is not required, but recommended.

quickmic

Another bug: TVTunes (sync Theme media) is broken, I'll fix it...

Edited by quickmic

BaukeZwart

Thanks for fixing the tagline issue. know it was only cosmetic bit it looked so ugly. 

Edited by BaukeZwart
  • Like 1