embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

5 minutes ago, feerlessleadr said:

Apologies for the off-topic, but do you still have plans to update embuary for Kodi 19 if @sualfred doesn't?

I talked with sualfred. He mentioned, he'll update the skin. Be patient...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

feerlessleadr
Just now, quickmic said:

I talked with sualfred. He mentioned, he'll update the skin. Be patient...

excellent news, thanks for letting me know!

I don't have any plans to move to matrix until the stable build is released, so I'm in no rush, but I've gotten the wife and kids so used to the skin, I was dreading potentially having to move to another skin once the update actually happened. 

• Like 1

e2zippo

Thanks for the tip about Estuary mod v2! I managed to get a working Main Menu item linking to my playlists, and they are in proper order as well, awesome!

However, some things are not quite there yet.

* Playlist are kind if slow to load into from the Main Menu, takes maybe 2-3 seconds, perhaps more, any way to make that faster?

* When I access a playlist from the main menu and then choose a movie, I get a screen that is missing a lot of info, no poster is shown, no actors, wrong year etc.

It looks like this.

vDrEgLh.jpg

If I instead go into the same movie the "normal" way, not via the playlist, it looks like this.

6foltyx.jpg

I can see that the app I'm using to control Kodi (Yatse, which is awesome btw!) is not showing any artwork either.

It looks like this when the movie is started via the playlist.

lcKUAEn.png

And it looks like this when started normally.

k0IVFoH.png

So It looks like there's something related to the metadata that's weird with the playlists.

Edited by e2zippo

quickmic

Yes, you are right. This feature is still not optimized yet. I removed the artwork on purpose for the moment. Otherwise it's awful slow, even more as it is right now.

This part of the code requires also a complete redesign. It's on my list.

Currently I'm focusing on sync issues and other core issues. (and minor subtitle problems)

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 3:01 PM, quickmic said:

I've checked, looks ok here.

Can you please send me a subtitle.

subtitle1.png

Is your video or subtitle file called "test1"? or where else is that label coming from in your example above?

quickmic

where else is that label coming

That's exactly the question.

Yes, my (test) video is called test1. I assume, your (Kodi) subtitle label is coming from the the filename.

Currently, e4k just copies the (SRT) file from Emby Server to Kodi. I assume Kodi grabs the filename as Subtitle label.

This means, I have to modify the (SRT) filename while copy, so Kodi has a different input.

Edit:

Maybe info comes from Emby-Server Subtitle information, I'll check.

Edited by quickmic

52 minutes ago, quickmic said:

That's exactly the question.

Yes, my (test) video is called test1. I assume, your (Kodi) subtitle label is coming from the the filename.

Currently, e4k just copies the (SRT) file from Emby Server to Kodi. I assume Kodi grabs the filename as Subtitle label.

This means, I have to modify the (SRT) filename while copy, so Kodi has a different input.

Edit:

Maybe info comes from Emby-Server Subtitle information, I'll check.

Hm, alright.

Do you think this could also affect the auto enabling of "preferred languge subtitles" or am I just failing to find this setting? I don't recall it being a problem before I went to nextgen Emby but maybe it's having trouble identifying what subtitle is the english one, when they have these long labels.

t123thomas
On 1/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, quickmic said:

I tested the skin again. Actually, I think you are mixing the Toggle-Button (smart shotcuts) with user defined menu options. Or please explain, what you mean with "when I select a menu from the smart shortcut"?

The description of the shortcut toggle button is about artwork, that's why I think you mean user defined shortcuts. If yes, you have to modify them in the Skin menu. This has nothing todo with the source-code.

@ Quickmic, flowing from our last discussion, I thought it will be best to indicate the issue I saw on the emby-next-gen/Titan as you suggested after making changes to the skin 1080i/includesSkinSettings, Titan was able to recognized the emby-next-gen addon in the shortcut.

What is concerning is that the skin did not Auto populate the submenus of each menu, below is the screen shot of the 5.0.0 which works fine as you will noticed beside each menu there is an  arrow ">" which indicate that there is a submenu

screenshot003.thumb.png.e910873c05d0aef09331607d958b6618.png

Submenu of TV show

screenshot006.thumb.png.9f16f494bf9e6ee130711c8847bd3296.png

In this screen which is pull for 5.1.2 addon you will noticed that it doesn't have the arrow ">" after each menu as such the skin did not populate submenu related to each menu

screenshot007.thumb.png.91492f35bd8d5d7b2bf252f90bf8572e.png

Are there any changes that I need to make to the skin that will allow the skin to recognized the submenu

Thanks

TobyTentakel

Here is a thing that has been driving me nuts with the 4.x release, but is even more impactful with the latest 5.x build if E4K:

I have several libraries in Emby: Movies, TV series, music, etc. I install Kodi and E4K and make it syncs *only* the movies library. This initial sync works, and only the movies category in Kodi gets populated with the movies from Emby. No music, no TV shows. Great so far.

But whenever I add new content on the server to any of the other Emby libraries, the incremental sync in E4K picks these up and adds them to Kodi, even though they are not listed in "manage libraries" in the plugin. So if I add a bunch of music albums on the Emby server, suddenly E4K starts a long sync process, which after it succeeds, suddenly populates the Kodi library with the music albums, which is not something I want as Kodi is not easily capable of handling big music libraries.

I verified this on two clean installations of Kodi on brandnew systems (osmc).

Any idea why the incremental sync will pick up changes for any library, not just the ones it is supposed to?

Edited by TobyTentakel

quickmic

I observed  the same behaviour and in a different pattern. If I interrupt a long term sync like music and add a new lib for sync, e4k starts continuing the interrupted sync first.

I think those issues are related. I'll check it.

e2zippo
4 hours ago, TobyTentakel said:

Here is a thing that has been driving me nuts with the 4.x release, but is even more impactful with the latest 5.x build if E4K:

I have several libraries in Emby: Movies, TV series, music, etc. I install Kodi and E4K and make it syncs *only* the movies library. This initial sync works, and only the movies category in Kodi gets populated with the movies from Emby. No music, no TV shows. Great so far.

But whenever I add new content on the server to any of the other Emby libraries, the incremental sync in E4K picks these up and adds them to Kodi, even though they are not listed in "manage libraries" in the plugin. So if I add a bunch of music albums on the Emby server, suddenly E4K starts a long sync process, which after it succeeds, suddenly populates the Kodi library with the music albums, which is not something I want as Kodi is not easily capable of handling big music libraries.

Any idea why the incremental sync will pick up changes for any library, not just the ones it is supposed to?

I had exactly this yesterday as well! I thought something went wrong so I just reset everything and started over.

I've also noticed that sometimes playback fails for me. quickmic: would you want logs to check when that happens? If so, which logs?

Edit: it just happened, I tried 3 times to start a tv episode.

I've attached logs from Emby and Kodi, I put the Emby log inside the zip file as well.

Edit2: I tried restarting Emby For Kodi and got an error message that it failed, attached that log from Kodi as well.

log-2021-01-07-21.14.37.zip

e4k-crash.zip

Edited by e2zippo

quickmic

Have you played via playlist?

I see one e4k related issue and lot's of issues from e.g.

script.module.metadatautils -> ImportError: No module named bs4

e4k issue:

2021-01-07 22:09:25.124 T:3232756544   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-12:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 357, in run
                                                Transcoding, MediasourceID = self.IsTranscoding(FilePath)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 548, in IsTranscoding
                                                return Bitrate >= NetworkSpeed, Data[1]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

If this happened, the websocket crashed/stalled and not possible play anthing after such an exception.

I think I know were the problem is. I'll fix it.

Can you please send me the MyVideos and emby.db from Kodi.

Edited by quickmic

e2zippo
25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Have you played via playlist?

I see one e4k related issue and lot's of issues from e.g.

script.module.metadatautils -> ImportError: No module named bs4

e4k issue:

2021-01-07 22:09:25.124 T:3232756544   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-12:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 357, in run
                                                Transcoding, MediasourceID = self.IsTranscoding(FilePath)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/hooks/player.py", line 548, in IsTranscoding
                                                return Bitrate >= NetworkSpeed, Data[1]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range

If this happened, the websocket crashed/stalled and not possible play anthing after such an exception.

I think I know were the problem is. I'll fix it.

Can you please send me the MyVideos and emby.db from Kodi.

Yeah, I think I played something via a playlist. 

I can't seem to find emby.db anywhere in Kodi's filesystem?

e2zippo
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Should be in .kodi/userdata/Database/emby.db

Weird, didn't show up when I searched for it :) Sent it in a pm! 

• Like 1

quickmic

Thanks, I'll send you a new version for test as soon as I fixed the bug.

Can you please play the file regular (not via playlist)?

I assume it was: Star_Trek_-_Discovery_-_S03E13_-_That_Hope_Is_You__2__WEBDL-1080p.mkv

e2zippo
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, I'll send you a new version for test as soon as I fixed the bug.

Can you please play the file regular (not via playlist)?

I assume it was: Star_Trek_-_Discovery_-_S03E13_-_That_Hope_Is_You__2__WEBDL-1080p.mkv

Thanks!

Yes, that was the file that failed to play, but I didn't play that one via a playlist though.

And it worked after a reboot of the device.

So should I first try to play something from a playlist and then something else not in a playlist?

quickmic

If the file is playable after a reboot, then seems not be the core of the issue.

Can you reproduce the problem?

quickmic

Based on you Database, please try to play Mio.Min.Mio.1987.

This is a multipart video, and the DB information seems to be incomplete when you play the second part.

To test, you must play the 2nd part by going close to the end of the movie.

And is it possible that you played that movie, when e4k crashed?

e2zippo
25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

If the file is playable after a reboot, then seems not be the core of the issue.

Can you reproduce the problem?

I can try, not sure what triggers it though.

8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Based on you Database, please try to play Mio.Min.Mio.1987.

This is a multipart video, and the DB information seems to be incomplete when you play the second part.

To test, you must play the 2nd part by going close to the end of the movie.

And is it possible that you played that movie, when e4k crashed?

No, I didn't play that one. 

Kind of seems related to playlists somehow, since I've been playing around with that a bit.

• Like 1

quickmic
16 hours ago, TobyTentakel said:

Can you please check the sync.json file .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/sync.json

There should be a whitelist...

Does the number of IDs match with enabled Libs in e4k?

e2zippo
49 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Can you please check the sync.json file .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/sync.json

There should be a whitelist...

Does the number of IDs match with enabled Libs in e4k?

Looks like mine match, I have two libraries that I sync, TV & Movies.

"Whitelist": [
        "6c2a057148b4d7c20a207c789aba6d07", 
        "f137a2dd21bbc1b99aa5c0f6bf02a805"