Jump to content

embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support


quickmic

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, brilliwilli said:

Yes, it would be perfect if i can say "emby, please use only local trailers"

Yes, you can configure on Emby server or next-gen plugin using locals only. The externals are http based. I'll add that too, but it will not work in your special circumstances.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just tried something completely different.
I downloaded the amby app for android tv and installed it on my media player.

and what should i say... it works.
i have to connect the player in my homecinema to get better impressions from picture and sound, but the infos from the player sound very good:

Wiedergabeinformationen
Abspieler: ExoPlayer
Wiedergabemethode: Direct Play
Stream-Typ: HTTP

Streaming Information
Videoauflösung: 3840x2160
Video-Codec: HEVC (direct)
Bitrate: 68,48 Mbps
Audio-Codec: TRUEHD (software decode)

Original-Medieninformationen
Container: mkv
Video-Codec: HEVC
Video-Bitrate: 68,48 Mbps
Bildwiederholrate: 23,98 fps
Audio-Codec: TRUEHD
Audiokanäle: 5.1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New beta version available: 6.2.0

Delta changelog compared to latest experimental:

- improve notification threading (That's an IMPORTANT FIX)

Currently it's not uploaded to emby-kodi"s repo, just to git beta and testing.

Let me know if there are showstoppers, I try to stabilize this version as a new stable release...

 

btw, currently tested:

MacOS 12

Windows 11

Debian 11

Ubuntu

OSMC

IOS

 

 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New beta version available: 6.2.0

Delta changelog compared to latest experimental:

- improve notification threading (That's an IMPORTANT FIX)

Currently it's not uploaded to emby-kodi"s repo, just to git beta and testing.

Let me know if there are showstoppers, I try to stabilize this version as a new stable release...

 

btw, currently tested:

MacOS 12

Windows 11

Debian 11

Ubuntu

OSMC

IOS

 

 

Thanks @quickmic! Does this version address the remote control issue do you think? I sent you a log on that yesterday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, jonomite said:

Thanks @quickmic! Does this version address the remote control issue do you think? I sent you a log on that yesterday. 

No, but did you read the posting:

 

  

On 12/6/2021 at 1:39 PM, quickmic said:

I think I know what's. Are you sing the same device ID on multiple Kodi's?

Try following: generate a new device id. Kodi will restart, now (even if you are connected) reconnect again to the same Emby server same user same password. You can skip lib sync, database will stay consistent.

 

This could solve your issue

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I am using embyforkodi in Kodi 19.3 and have a problem with the picture library.

I can only look at the one picture that I have selected.

All other images in the folder will not be displayed. Even with the arrow keys on the keyboard, I cannot select the next picture.

What can I do?
Many thanks for your help

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mad-max said:

Hi there,

I am using embyforkodi in Kodi 19.3 and have a problem with the picture library.

I can only look at the one picture that I have selected.

All other images in the folder will not be displayed. Even with the arrow keys on the keyboard, I cannot select the next picture.

What can I do?
Many thanks for your help

 

Please send me a kodi.log and I'll check

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, quickmic said:

No, but did you read the posting:

 

  

 

This could solve your issue

I tried this. Unfortunately it did not solve the issue. 

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jonomite said:

I tried this. Unfortunately it did not solve the issue. 

Then I have no idea what's wrong. Using an "invalid" device ID was the only way how I could force a broken remtoe control.

Edited by quickmic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, quickmic said:

Then I have no idea what's wrong. Using an "invalid" device ID was the only way how I could force a broken remtoe control.

Would a more detailed log be helpful at all do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jonomite said:

Would a more detailed log be helpful at all do you think?

Well, I found another problem with the websocket connection. It times out after couple of hours in my setup. Probably it's related to your issue as well. Will be fixed in next version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LichenKing said:

Upon ISO playback in latest experimental completely crashes Kodi on Nvidia Shield 2019.

Was working in earlier build.

Thanks, will check and can you please send me a kodi.log.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me I can‘t confirm the ISO crash. Tryed some files and they worked for me on Shield Pro 2019.

Are these ISO with discmenu? 
 

But for me even ISO with not supported menu didn’t crash, only reported not compatible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 7:08 PM, quickmic said:

On my linux PC it's in the /home/USER/ folder.

 

Searched for it on whole storage from Nvidia Shield, but no crashlog 😕

Still having this issue...
Do you have any other suggestions?

Are there any actions performed, after a new episode is played?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Junias said:

 

Searched for it on whole storage from Nvidia Shield, but no crashlog 😕

Still having this issue...
Do you have any other suggestions?

Are there any actions performed, after a new episode is played?

No, it's really weird that it only affects new content. Doesn't make sense to me, there is zero difference between old and new content (beside in some edge cases like active recodings etc).

Also you mentioned you are using addon mode. So there shouldn't be a file permission issue as well. It sounds Kodi crashes for some reason and not the plugin or Emby server.

Currently no idea why. Have you enabled "delete after watched" option? Is code is triggered after playback is stopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gizzmo80 said:

For me I can‘t confirm the ISO crash. Tryed some files and they worked for me on Shield Pro 2019.

Are these ISO with discmenu? 
 

But for me even ISO with not supported menu didn’t crash, only reported not compatible.

Probably a Kodi 18 issue? I also tested with Kodi 19, no problems. But I know Kodi 18 could behave differently than 19.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I'll check it, but there is a problem yes. Connection to emby server was established?

Yes, the server is connected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Version: Kodi 19.3
  • Platform: Android Nvidia Shield 2019
  • Addon Build: Emby Next Gen 6.2.0-build 190
  • Playback Mode: Addon

Found where it happens.

I change how my movies playback once the blu-ray is loaded to Show Simplified Menu rather than Playback Main Movie.
This is because Kodi is sometimes bad about picking the correct playlist title. If the title lengths are the same Kodi sometimes like to pick director commentary from the Bluray playlist.

Settings --> Player --> Disc --> Blu-ray playback mode: Show Simplified Menu (instead of Play Main Movie)

I tested with Playback Main Movie and although sometimes slow it does load correctly.

Something has change that is crashing Kodi. I can repeat this constantly.
While I would put blame on Kodi since it is the Kodi's interface, if I navigate through the File Manager with the mapped SMB path and play the ISO directly I get the correct pop-up.

Something has broken between the handoff of of Emby addon and the Bluray playback which is crashing Kodi.

Edited by LichenKing
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like the dialog box for the Show Simplified Menu might be suppressed or destroyed.

The main Kodi thread is waiting for a result from this box however when it checks it does not exist crashing the main Kodi thread.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, quickmic said:

No, it's really weird that it only affects new content. Doesn't make sense to me, there is zero difference between old and new content (beside in some edge cases like active recodings etc).

Also you mentioned you are using addon mode. So there shouldn't be a file permission issue as well. It sounds Kodi crashes for some reason and not the plugin or Emby server.

Currently no idea why. Have you enabled "delete after watched" option? Is code is triggered after playback is stopped.

Really weird 😕
Mh, it just appears with content from emby...
Attached my menu options, maybe this helps?

And I will try to cope these whole kodi settings to another windows pc, we´ll see if theres the same behavior...

20211211_123012.jpg

20211211_123021.jpg

20211211_123030.jpg

20211211_123037.jpg

20211211_123126.jpg

20211211_122925.jpg

20211211_122946.jpg

20211211_123002.jpg

Edited by Junias
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...