embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
2 minutes ago, worthington_j said:

Do I need to test another version?  If so, I do not see 6.2.2 or 6.2.3 in http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/multi-repo/beta-leia/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/

Experimental versions (not officially released as beta or stable)

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/

Edited by quickmic

embyL0VER
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Would be also my preference, but looks like this broke arctic zypher skin.

Yeah I see. And I just checked in emby and yeah for some series there are season-thumbs but sure not for all. But yeah the fallback like it is now is the right decision I think cause landscape / fanart is the normal thumb format and not poster.

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
11 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Yeah I see. And I just checked in emby and yeah for some series there are season-thumbs but sure not for all. But yeah the fallback like it is now is like I think right. 

Cause landscape / fanart is the normal thumb format and not poster.

I could add an option on wizard how to sync but frankly, I don't wanna bother users with questions. I'm already not happy with the "Enable userrating sync" question. Unfortunately, this decision must be done before the sync started. And I'm sure 99% of the users have no clue what this means (edge case).

Edit:

Maybe I'll change the wizard in a way to ask "recommended settings" or "advanced" with all the followup questions...

"recommended settings" would be: addon mode, userrating enabled and artwork as it is in 6.2.5

Edited by quickmic

Guest worthington_j

I tested 6.2.2 & 6.2.3 and both displayed as I would have expected.

Edited by worthington_j

quickmic
8 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

🙂  guess what I've also never understand the sync of userrating or what it does or does not. 😄

Feel free to read the complete discussion 😉

Short answer, enable userrating.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, worthington_j said:

I tested 6.2.2 & 6.2.3 and both displayed as I would have expected.

yep, as expected. I'll change the install wizard in next version. Take care selecting the correct artwork substitution.

embyL0VER
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Feel free to read the complete discussion 😉

Short answer, enable userrating.

I'm just doing so. ;)

• Like 1

embyL0VER
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

The plugin doesn't "search" at all. The e.g. season artwork (or whatever) comes from emby server with tags. What Emby tags as "primary" is usually what's called "poster" in Kodi. So it's a mapping table, for season:

ArtMapping = {
                'Thumb': "thumb",
                'Primary': "poster",
                'Banner': "banner",
                'Logo': "clearlogo",
                'Art': "clearart",
                'Disc': "discart",
                'Backdrop': "fanart"
            }

I just read that again and maybe have another idea which would prevent you from making a new wizard.

If the mapping table is separated and that one you showed is only for seasons, will it be possible to simply map it like:

'Primary': ['poster','thumb']

Maybe that could work but only if the mapping table is separated only for seasons. Cause I think thumbs/landscape for seasons are quite rare maybe this could be a reason why it was handled that way back in the days.

Edited by embyL0VER

docflo7

Hello @quickmic

Happy new year :)  

I'm back after a while with a new weird issue. I spent a bit of time figuring out where it could come from, and it seems related to the plugin.

When I start playing music, kodi starts having "seizure" I'd say :

image.thumb.png.77bf5fa7efee7aae7ae0ee7e986d1b67.png

The music OSD is showing, but not completely, it intercept input, but always tries to disappear and come back again.
Explained like that, it might seem like a kodi bug, but this is only happening when using add-on playback mode, not with direct paths.

Also, this is not related to the skin used or the device (first appeared on my Shield TV in 19.3 with Arctic Zephyr, and the screenshot is on PC with 19.1 and Estuary)

It seems to have appeared out of nowhere (no add-on update or anything), but I guess it might be related to some new music added recently. I also noticed that some of the latest music is missing from the library (although it is present on the server), so maybe some syncing issue is causing this UI bug ? 

For example, the Arcane soundtrack album only shows the first track in kodi

image.thumb.png.b86a1201a8dd97e8693277bd38ebe33a.png image.thumb.png.f8194914f137cf0ae6214cf8dfda9163.png

And the album AD:PIANO VIII -alter-, from Diverse System is also missing some tracks. Both albums were added recently, with some others, but the other albums are properly displayed. I also noticed that with the default skin, these 2 albums are not shown in the "Recently added albums" section from the music library (with Arctic Zephyr, I didn't notice since I'm using the plugin's folders to create widgets)

I attached a kodi.log of a complete sync of the music library, maybe you'll notice something wrong in it ? 

SwanStream
On 1/10/2022 at 10:23 PM, quickmic said:

Well I know that Emby server offers a drop down for multiversion selection. Didn't know, that splitting is an option in Emby app.

Kodi doesn't support multiversions, therefore the plugin uses workarounds due to Kodi's limitation. Currently the additional versions are not synced to Kodi's database. The lookup is initiated on the fly when playback is started (current approach) and Kodi is not in aware.

It would be possible to sync both versions into Kodi's internal database. So depends how the plugin loads Kodi database but it cannot be altered on the fly. A global sync option would be possible but not reversible without a complete resync. Not sure if this is you attention, just toggling the view is not possible.

Also the context menu could be extended with multi-version selection if this helps.

If you request one of the options, this will not be included before the next stable version is released. Too many changes are required (especially if the sync method should be altered).

I'm not looking to toggle views. I'd like know what versions I have and at the minute the pop up only shows me episode # and file size, which leaves me guessing. If that list showed the file name rather than size, it would be a good start. If space is an issue, showing the "difference" in file name end/suffix (everybody has there own way of naming) but the simple method is to stay consistent with Emby, which uses the "difference" at the end of the file name, as I outlined in earlier post.

EDIT: The REAL problem is without a watched indicator I don't always remember what I've seen or not.... So I suppose the two big issues for me are being able to see the file name "difference" and watched status. Tested splitting in Emby and Kodi only takes the first version, the others disappear, which isn't ideal.

I can drop some screen shots if its helpful... but it's easy to replicate too... LMK.

Edited by SwanStream

jaybird2203
4 hours ago, docflo7 said:

Hello @quickmic

I'm back after a while with a new weird issue. I spent a bit of time figuring out where it could come from, and it seems related to the plugin.

The music OSD is showing, but not completely, it intercept input, but always tries to disappear and come back again.
Explained like that, it might seem like a kodi bug, but this is only happening when using add-on playback mode, not with direct paths.

Also, this is not related to the skin used or the device (first appeared on my Shield TV in 19.3 with Arctic Zephyr, and the screenshot is on PC with 19.1 and Estuary)

It seems to have appeared out of nowhere (no add-on update or anything), but I guess it might be related to some new music added recently. I also noticed that some of the latest music is missing from the library (although it is present on the server), so maybe some syncing issue is causing this UI bug ? 

For example, the Arcane soundtrack album only shows the first track in kodi

image.thumb.png.b86a1201a8dd97e8693277bd38ebe33a.png image.thumb.png.f8194914f137cf0ae6214cf8dfda9163.png

And the album AD:PIANO VIII -alter-, from Diverse System is also missing some tracks. Both albums were added recently, with some others, but the other albums are properly displayed. I also noticed that with the default skin, these 2 albums are not shown in the "Recently added albums" section from the music library (with Arctic Zephyr, I didn't notice since I'm using the plugin's folders to create widgets)

I attached a kodi.log of a complete sync of the music library, maybe you'll notice something wrong in it ? 

Funny enough I had issues with missing songs for the same Album, albeit different songs were missing on my setup when running 6.2.2 and may be earlier. 

I've been messaging quickmic a few differences I found when comparing tables from the databases after importing the same files direct into Kodi vs using the Emby Plug-in. Hopefully to help isolate possible causes for the missing files and maybe, just maybe, the OSD jittering. 

@quickmic Apologies in advance for that wall of text in the most recent PM. 

Edited by jaybird2203

quickmic
8 hours ago, docflo7 said:

Hello @quickmic

I've rough idea what's the problem. Seems there is a bug in progress updates when I added support for reset progress via (internal) Kodi functions. I'll fix it.

• Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I've rough idea what's the problem. Seems there is a bug in progress updates when I added support for reset progress via (internal) Kodi functions. I'll fix it.

It wasn't the progress update. It's focus issue and already fixed in my dev version. Fix will be added in next beta, btw. the bug is there since: plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.0-build 186 (ex22)

• Like 1

quickmic
14 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

I just read that again and maybe have another idea which would prevent you from making a new wizard.

If the mapping table is separated and that one you showed is only for seasons, will it be possible to simply map it like:

'Primary': ['poster','thumb']

Maybe that could work but only if the mapping table is separated only for seasons. Cause I think thumbs/landscape for seasons are quite rare maybe this could be a reason why it was handled that way back in the days.

Yes, that's possible and probably the better solution. Not sure if this breaks others skins (I assume not), I'll try.

This will hardcode the Kodi thumb to Emby's primary, but I can change the fallback for seasons.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

kyotocafe

Hi, whenever I try to play any content it just stops playing after 5 or 6 seconds, it is like it is frozen, if I try to stop it, kodi just hungs and I have to kill the process.

I am attaching the log. 

Thanks

kodi.log

quickmic
5 minutes ago, kyotocafe said:

Hi, whenever I try to play any content it just stops playing after 5 or 6 seconds, it is like it is frozen, if I try to stop it, kodi just hungs and I have to kill the process.

I am attaching the log. 

Thanks

kodi.log 70.87 kB · 2 downloads

Please try this version: https://codeload.github.com/quickmic/plugin.video.emby/zip/refs/heads/next-gen-dev

Currently under development for next beta release

quickmic
5 minutes ago, kyotocafe said:

Thanks, I have just tried but I found the same behaviour. 

kodi.log 71.39 kB · 0 downloads

With all files or just some content? I see an issue in the log but looks like a Kodi issue.

Can you play this file in native mode?

2022-01-12 17:27:29.285 T:39208    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
2022-01-12 17:27:37.119 T:16544    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: VideoOSD.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-01-12 17:27:39.254 T:16544    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2022-01-12 17:27:39.255 T:16544    INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2022-01-12 17:27:41.191 T:23664    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:23664    INFO <general>: Closing stream player 1
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:23664    INFO <general>: Waiting for audio thread to exit
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:436   WARNING <general>: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -11700.719759
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:39208   ERROR <general>: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:436   WARNING <general>: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -11685.719559
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:39208    INFO <general>: thread end: CVideoPlayerAudio::OnExit()
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:23664    INFO <general>: Closing audio device

kyotocafe
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

With all files or just some content? I see an issue in the log but looks like a Kodi issue.

Can you play this file in native mode?

2022-01-12 17:27:29.285 T:39208    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio::Process - stream stalled
2022-01-12 17:27:37.119 T:16544    INFO <general>: Loading skin file: VideoOSD.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-01-12 17:27:39.254 T:16544    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2022-01-12 17:27:39.255 T:16544    INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2022-01-12 17:27:41.191 T:23664    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:23664    INFO <general>: Closing stream player 1
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:23664    INFO <general>: Waiting for audio thread to exit
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:436   WARNING <general>: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -11700.719759
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:39208   ERROR <general>: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:436   WARNING <general>: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -11685.719559
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:39208    INFO <general>: thread end: CVideoPlayerAudio::OnExit()
2022-01-12 17:27:41.192 T:23664    INFO <general>: Closing audio device

It happens wtih all files in emby , local files or files from a plex server work fine. 

I have tried playing the same file in native mode, but I found the same result as before.

kodi.log

quickmic
11 hours ago, kyotocafe said:

It happens wtih all files in emby , local files or files from a plex server work fine. 

I have tried playing the same file in native mode, but I found the same result as before.

kodi.log 71.82 kB · 2 downloads

Please enable debug mode and send me the kodi.log via PM -> It includes confidential data.

btw, I see you are using Kodi portable version. I'll try it... Maybe a Windows firewall issue?

Edited by quickmic

kyotocafe
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please enable debug mode and send me the kodi.log via PM -> It includes confidential data.

btw, I see you are using Kodi portable version. I'll try it... Maybe a Windows firewall issue?

Thanks, I have just sent you the log with debug mode enabled.

I have checked and there is a rule in the firewall to allow the process.

• Thanks 1

quickmic

New version beta available 6.2.6. Currenly not check in to Kodi's beta repo due to pending tests:

delta changelog:
fix get_next_episodes
fix playlist issue
fix missing bitrates
fix special charecters issue in device name
fix database reset when login was denied
force login after device id reset
fix multiple Emby server instances on reconnection to same server
fix artist sync issue
add additional safty for delete files on Kodi events
fix remove library on Emby server
fix remove item issue
fix audioplayer focus
fix trakt issue/progress updates
change season artwork fallback

• Thanks 4

Guest worthington_j
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New version beta available 6.2.6. Currenly not check in to Kodi's beta repo due to pending tests:

Thanks for the 6.2.6 update. I can confirm this version fixed the following issues for me.

get_next_episodes

season artwork fallback