embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
On 12/22/2021 at 1:02 AM, jaybird2203 said:

On windows 10, matrix 19.3, and 6.2.2 beta (possibly before as well) it appears that some music albums with various artists (like some movie/TV soundtrack albums) are not showing all associated songs when viewing the album itself. 

When viewing the music database from Kodi the entries associated with the album number list all songs entries correctly. 

The album is shown correctly with all associated songs when using the Emby server or Android app.

Repairing or removing/re-adding the library has no impact.

I checked the album view/node in Kodi. The albums are associated with artists.

As you have a sampler and each have valid (different) artists. -> not all artists tagged same e.g. "Various artist":

In this case, Kodi lists them "correct". Not sure if you can change it. Probably with a custom node which merges the albums in view.

Do you know, how stock Kodi handles it? Maybe stock Kodi fills the database in an different way as the plugin does.

album.png

quickmic
31 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I checked the album view/node in Kodi. The albums are associated with artists.

As you have a sampler and each have valid (different) artists. -> not all artists tagged same e.g. "Various artist":

In this case, Kodi lists them "correct". Not sure if you can change it. Probably with a custom node which merges the albums in view.

Do you know, how stock Kodi handles it? Maybe stock Kodi fills the database in an different way as the plugin does.

Follow up on for this case:

IF (stock) Kodi can handle multiple artists assigned to the same album (I assume yes, but to be tested), it could be possible to change the sync procedure. Currently sync is like:

in a loop for each artist:

query artist -> sync to kodi db

query albums of artist -> sync to kodi db and assign to artist

query titles of artist and album -> sync to kodi db and assign to artist and album

next loop

It must be changed to:

query ALL artists -> sync to kodi db

query ALL albums -> sync to kodi db and assign each album to artist

query ALL titles -> sync to kodi db and assign each to album and artist

This would be a huge rework and probably has an impact on sync performance too.

I'll perform some tests...

btw, this will not be in next beta due to major changes required

ps:

How did you manage that Emby merges the album IF the artist info is unique? I try to design a test case, and even Emby splits the albums.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New beta version available 6.2.3:

delta changelog:

fix websocket connection timeout
enable permanent ssl verification
disable ssl verification for artwork cache
disable ssl verification for artwork cache (clean code)
lock windowchange on regular ops
optimize code
fix multiserver sync issue
add additional lock for multithreaded syncs
simplify code and improvements
fix artwork
sync performance improvements
artwork fixes

This version is still not published in Emby's Kodi beta repo due to final tests pending.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
On 12/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, Junias said:

Searched for it on whole storage from Nvidia Shield, but no crashlog 😕

Still having this issue...
Do you have any other suggestions?

Are there any actions performed, after a new episode is played?

Please try this debug version attached:

Actually I try to make it thread save, there is a problem in some scenarios were Kodi crashes.

In my test setup Kodi crashes (only Kodi 18) and when library sync is running and external updates are incoming. Like playback progress updates from other boxes. Or change of watched content etc.

Somebody: Please try this version under Windows. I'm not sure if the method I used as a fix is working under Windows as well.

Just install, run and report if an error appears. This will be the next beta version which will be uploaded in Emby's Kodi beta repo.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.4-build 8 (ex2) - thread and artwork.zip

Edited by quickmic

jaybird2203
On 23/12/2021 at 03:34, quickmic said:

How did you manage that Emby merges the album IF the artist info is unique? I try to design a test case, and even Emby splits the albums.

Adding the folder direct to the library and Kodi shows all details as expected. 

Sent db files with screenshots via DM for reference. 

• Like 1

SwanStream
On 12/5/2021 at 10:05 PM, quickmic said:

Can you please test with latest experimental version. I assume this could be fixed there.

No need to refresh the database.

So with 6.2.3 kodi keeps crashing. I'm assuming its the plugin as it seems to happen during updates... but who knows. I'll PM recent logs. Cheers.

• Like 1

quickmic
17 hours ago, SwanStream said:

So with 6.2.3 kodi keeps crashing. I'm assuming its the plugin as it seems to happen during updates... but who knows. I'll PM recent logs. Cheers.

Please try this version and let me know if the issue still exists:

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.4-build 11 (ex2) - dbio issue.zip

embyL0VER

With the recent changes to artworks I get fanart synced instead of landscape.jpg for tv shows. Don't know if it affects other media as well.

quickmic
10 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

With the recent changes to artworks I get fanart synced instead of landscape.jpg for tv shows. Don't know if it affects other media as well.

I think this is an issue related due to the arctic zephyr skin modifications.

You can try the version from my git. It should be fixed but not published yet:

https://github.com/quickmic/plugin.video.emby/tree/next-gen-dev

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream
On 12/27/2021 at 1:15 AM, quickmic said:

Please try this version and let me know if the issue still exists:

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.2.4-build 11 (ex2) - dbio issue.zip 1.3 MB · 1 download

Will do. I also noticed that delete no longer offers me "also delete the file".... making library management a nightmare! Cheers and thanks for the support mate.

SwanStream
10 hours ago, quickmic said:

You mean the delete option via context menu?

That's the one. I get the first delete confirmation i.e. delete from emby db, but not the 'also delete the file?'... which used to work in prior version.

embyL0VER
On 12/28/2021 at 6:51 AM, quickmic said:

I think this is an issue related due to the arctic zephyr skin modifications.

You can try the version from my git. It should be fixed but not published yet:

https://github.com/quickmic/plugin.video.emby/tree/next-gen-dev

That version uses poster.jpg as fallback for missing landscape.jpg. Fallback should be fanart.jpg in that case I think like in the other versions before. 

It is frustrating with 6.x versions. If one thing is fixed another is not working as intended. If skin specific changes to a plugin are made than it should be tested that not all others also got affected.

• Agree 1

quickmic
20 hours ago, SwanStream said:

That's the one. I get the first delete confirmation i.e. delete from emby db, but not the 'also delete the file?'... which used to work in prior version.

I tested delete via context. Works perfect. You are not talking about keyboard shortcuts?

SwanStream
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I tested delete via context. Works perfect. You are not talking about keyboard shortcuts?

Damn-it! yes I am🤦‍♂️. apologies.

Thought it was a macro setup elsewhere using context/delete, but it's not...

from the keyboard.xml:

<e mod="ctrl">Delete</e>  <!-- Red Button -->

So, simply select the item and hit the delete key. Just tested with a pc keyboard, deletes the db entry (kodi side, not Emby side), but no prompt to delete file too.

So the DB's are out of sync and the file still exists. No idea if that's as intended, but for me it makes life complicated. I ALWAYS want to delete the file if I delete the kodi entry. Maybe I'm turning this into a feature request? How about a check box in the config /sync or advanced for auto delete file as well. I think that used to be there in the old emby4kodi days.

Anyway, thanks again for the support. 

quickmic

New beta version available:

BETA VERSION 6.2.4

delta changelog:

minor artwork fix and apply sqlite thread save patches
fix dbio issue
add cinema mode option for movies and episodes

This version is published on Emby's Kodi beta repo

@embyL0VERreview of artwork still pending
@SwanStream delete review still pending

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
On 12/30/2021 at 6:24 PM, SwanStream said:

Damn-it! yes I am🤦‍♂️. apologies.

Thought it was a macro setup elsewhere using context/delete, but it's not...

from the keyboard.xml:

<e mod="ctrl">Delete</e>  <!-- Red Button -->

So, simply select the item and hit the delete key. Just tested with a pc keyboard, deletes the db entry (kodi side, not Emby side), but no prompt to delete file too.

So the DB's are out of sync and the file still exists. No idea if that's as intended, but for me it makes life complicated. I ALWAYS want to delete the file if I delete the kodi entry. Maybe I'm turning this into a feature request? How about a check box in the config /sync or advanced for auto delete file as well. I think that used to be there in the old emby4kodi days.

Anyway, thanks again for the support. 

Does this approach ever worked in the past? I assume not, I see what I can do. It should work with a custom keyboard shortcut.

quickmic
On 12/29/2021 at 8:39 PM, embyL0VER said:

That version uses poster.jpg as fallback for missing landscape.jpg. Fallback should be fanart.jpg in that case I think like in the other versions before. 

It is frustrating with 6.x versions. If one thing is fixed another is not working as intended. If skin specific changes to a plugin are made than it should be tested that not all others also got affected.

Please check with latest beta and confirm if this is still the case.

embyL0VER
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please check with latest beta and confirm if this is still the case.

Yes it is still the case. If you add for example a movie with poster.jpg and fanart.jpg and without landscape.jpg, the picture in "continue watching widget" still shows poster.jpg but should fallback to fanart.jpg.

Simply check with embuary skin for example. 

Last correct working version 6.2.2

Hint: This only happens to content that is newly added or to content when you are refreshing metadata.

Old synced content is not affected except you refresh the metadata and landscape artwork is missing.

EDIT: Send you screenshots via PM

Edited by embyL0VER

quickmic
41 minutes ago, embyL0VER said:

Yes it is still the case. If you add for example a movie with poster.jpg and fanart.jpg and without landscape.jpg, the picture in "continue watching widget" still shows poster.jpg but should fallback to fanart.jpg.

Simply check with embuary skin for example. 

Last correct working version 6.2.2

Hint: This only happens to content that is newly added or to content when you are refreshing metadata.

Old synced content is not affected.

Ok, I'll have a look. Actually I fixed a artwork bug in 6.2.2. Some synced content ignored the fallback artwork which should always be the case.

Current mapping table is:

ArtMapping = {
                'Thumb': "landscape",
                'Primary': 'poster',
                'Banner': "banner",
                'Logo': "clearlogo",
                'Art': "clearart",
                'Disc': "discart",
                'Backdrop': "fanart"
            }

and extra: mapping

'Thumb' - > "thumb"

I think what you declare as "landscape" is Kodi "standard"

In you example:

Emby-Server's "Thumb" not available which means no Kodi "landscape" is available. In this case there is no fallback in next-gen. Kodi-landscape is empty. The question is, how the skin handels fallbacks.

Of course, I can use Emby server's Backdrop as a Kodi's landscape  fallback. Not sure if this break another skin. The main problem is, the skins are not "following" the "standards".

Actually the skin should take care of fallbacks, not the plugin. But I see what I can do.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

embyL0VER

So after a very fast reply from quickmic via PM, the artwork problem could be solved. If this fix doesn't bring other problems he probably will bring a new experimental build.

Thanks again quickmic

Edited by embyL0VER
  • Like 1

quickmic

New beta version available 6.2.5:

delta changelog:

add support for Kodi delete function @SwanStream please perform a test
fix artwork issue (landscape)

Comment:

This is probably the next stable version. Let me know if there are any issues. Also let me know, if I forgot any reported issues. Currently I have no more bugs on my list.

@jaybird2203

The music compilation (soundtrack etc.) feature request is still on my list, but probably after the next stable version. As mentioned, this requires a lot of work and I don't want to implement these major changes yet. It's too risky that something else will break.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

quickmic

19 hours ago, pettergulbra said:

Little more info: I was now trying to open my self made playlists in Emby in Kodi. But they would not open now. This worked before I tried the beta. 

I have even tried to re add them, via the menu. But I can't, when I'll come to the last step it can't open the last to choose what to show.

If this is good enough explained 🙂

I need more information, cause works perfect in my setup.

We are talking about Emby playlists right?

How do you open the playlists? Via plugin menu and what's your selection there? A-Z, Libraryname (e.g. Playlists), Folder?

Can you upload me a screenshot?

https://youtu.be/ovj-ZIwKBQ0

Edited by quickmic

PeteGul
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

I need more information, cause works perfect in my setup.

We are talking about Emby playlists right?

How do you open the playlists? Via plugin menu and what's your selection there? A-Z, Libraryname (e.g. Playlists), Folder?

Can you upload me a screenshot?

https://youtu.be/ovj-ZIwKBQ0

HI, I'll try to explain

Yes, I use Emby playlists. Made in Emby web.

When I open the playlist I have made widgets in my skin, but its the same as this: Add-ons >Video add-ons > Emby-Next-gen > Playlists (server) > My playlists

And if I go that way, it's the same as trough my widgets. Start's loading then jumps back. One of the list's is opening.

I can also send log, but there are so much tokens and stuff from Kodi log so I don't know is it safe? But can send it another way than pastebin.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

jonomite
On 12/1/2021 at 6:34 AM, quickmic said:

Your are the second user reporting this issue, currently I have no clue why. Are you using native mode? Does it never show up?

I wanted to report that I managed to fix this issue by going to my server dashboard and manually deleting the associated device (from the device menu). After deleting the device, I started up Kodi, logged into e4k nex gen, and I am now seeing full remote controls. Interestingly, I tried numerous times to generate a new device ID in the e4k next gen settings menu, but that never seemed to work, and I'm not sure whether it actually did or did not generate a new device ID. Ultimately I had to go into my server dashboard and delete the device.  

Edited by jonomite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1