embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
31 minutes ago, Junias said:

Latest beta is installed, error still occurs.
It´s a "standard" installation, content should be synced content (I think so, just installed the addon in "Addon"-Mode and then play the content through the "Normal" Kodi Video Lib. So playing it via regular browsing lists.

Dont think that box is running out of memory, but how can I check this (its the new Nvidia Shield TV pro).

Thanks!

Can you also send me a crash log from kodi

Also are you using autoplay next in Kodi? Please try to disable this option.

Edited by quickmic

jonomite
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

@jonomite and @EmbyLover

Please send me a kodi.log after a fresh restart, wait a few minutes and send a txt msg. Maybe I find something.

EDIT:

I'll try improve the websocket conection handshake. Could be a collision with another app.

I'll be glad to provide one. Can you please give me a link with step by step instructions? The explanation for how to provide a log doesn't seem to be accurate anymore (no setting for logging in the next gen add on that I can see)

quickmic
2 minutes ago, jonomite said:

I'll be glad to provide one. Can you please give me a link with step by step instructions? The explanation for how to provide a log doesn't seem to be accurate anymore (no setting for logging in the next gen add on that I can see)

It's not a next-gen feature, that a stock Kodi function.

The easiest way will be installing a log-upload addon in Kodi. Not sure how it's called, but I think you can find it.

brilliwilli

UPDATE:
Sorry, but sometimes it is good to write or speak about an issue. 😉
I have solved the problem (Addon -> emby-next-gen -> settings -> activate cinema mode) OMG!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,
I'm using emby (OMV5, portainer, docker-compose) for years now and puchased premiere on black friday to use the cinemamode in my homecinema.
Settings on server side have been made (premiere key, cinema mode activated, using local trailers and custom intros activated).
In the browser everything works fine. Trailer starts before movie and local trailers on movies also work.

But...
It doesn't work in kodi.
I have made a new kodi (19.3 matrix) installation, also installed emby-next-gen (latest beta) and configured addon mode.
Sync was very fast. When i now start a movie, there are no trailers/custom intros before the movie.

Is this feature still in development? Whatelse can i check?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Christoph

Edited by brilliwilli
problem resolved

quickmic
11 minutes ago, brilliwilli said:

Hi guys,
I'm using emby (OMV5, portainer, docker-compose) for years now and puchased premiere on black friday to use the cinemamode in my homecinema.
Settings on server side have been made (premiere key, cinema mode activated, using local trailers and custom intros activated).
In the browser everything works fine. Trailer starts before movie and local trailers on movies also work.

But...
It doesn't work in kodi.
I have made a new kodi (19.3 matrix) installation, also installed emby-next-gen (latest beta) and configured addon mode.
Sync was very fast. When i now start a movie, there are no trailers/custom intros before the movie.

Is this feature still in development? Whatelse can i check?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Christoph

Have you enabled the cinema mode in next-gen configuration menu?

brilliwilli

But i have another question:
At the moment i am using emby on my media player in native mode.
What do i have to do when i want to switch from emby/native to emby-next-gen/addon?
Changes at the libraries? At the moment i use directory (/data_WD12TB01/movies) and the optional network folder (\\NAS\data_WD12TB01\movies)

quickmic
5 minutes ago, brilliwilli said:

But i have another question:
At the moment i am using emby on my media player in native mode.
What do i have to do when i want to switch from emby/native to emby-next-gen/addon?
Changes at the libraries? At the moment i use directory (/data_WD12TB01/movies) and the optional network folder (\\NAS\data_WD12TB01\movies)

next-gen -> "perform local databse reset" and select yes when you will be asked for reset settings

11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Can you also send me a crash log from kodi

Also are you using autoplay next in Kodi? Please try to disable this option.

Mh, where do I find the crash log from kodi?
In temp-folder there is only kodi.og and kodi.old.log

Autoplay is disabled.

quickmic
9 minutes ago, Junias said:

Mh, where do I find the crash log from kodi?
In temp-folder there is only kodi.og and kodi.old.log

Autoplay is disabled.

On my linux PC it's in the /home/USER/ folder.

jonomite
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

It's not a next-gen feature, that a stock Kodi function.

The easiest way will be installing a log-upload addon in Kodi. Not sure how it's called, but I think you can find it.

Thanks. One last question - do I need to check the debug option in Kodi? Or is the general log sufficient?

quickmic
12 hours ago, jonomite said:

Thanks. One last question - do I need to check the debug option in Kodi? Or is the general log sufficient?

Regular log is fine, no need for debug.

quickmic

New experimental version available 6.2.0-build 183 (ex22):

Delta changelog:

- fix picture issue
- fix cancel option on multiselection
- improve websocket error detection and add additional logging

Comment:

There is still an issue with delete item via context. Will be fixed in next version.

@all with websocket issues

Let me know if txt msg are working in this version and if not, please send me a debug log after a msg is send from Emby server to Kodi.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 2

feerlessleadr
On 10/31/2021 at 2:55 PM, quickmic said:

How was the TV-Season structure? Was it a single episode of a season, or multiple episodes assigned to a season. Did the TV-Shows have multiple seasons... All such things are important. Was the files renamed or replaced, are you using nfo's. Did you delete the nfo when episode was replaced...

As mentioned. I really need all the details.

@quickmic I too am having the problem that @Onana is experiencing regarding duplicate TV Show episodes showing up where only one of the episodes listed actually plays. I have been having it for quite some time (sorry, I don't know what version this started happening). I was searching through this forum for similar situations and came across the back and forth you were having with Onana, and wanted to add my 2 cents. Some background, I am running emby server on a Windows 10 Pro machine, and the duplicates are happening on an Odroid N2 running CoreELEC using E4KNG version 6.1.4 (I just realized that for some reason kodi was not auto updating my addon to latest version, however I have since updated to 6.1.9). I don't really use E4KNG on my other boxes, since the sync takes too long (since I don't turn them on all that often, so a lot of updates are needed each time I turn it on). 

I have had this happen multiple times, and usually I need to repair my library to get the duplicates to go away (while doing nothing else either to the episode file, nfos, etc. on disk, or to the series/episode on my emby server). I just had this happen to me to 2 more shows in the last day, Young Sheldon & Tacoma FD, and I may have discovered something. 

I've never seen this phenomenon happen live, but in piecing through the logs and timestamps, here is an overview of what happens:

1. An episode is added to either a multi-season or single season TV Show (I've seen this happen to both) folder. 
  2. Emby detects the change through real time monitoring and adds it to the database and creates the nfo file and if available will download the episode thumb. Both the NFO and thumb will be named after the episode file
    1. As an aside on this step, I'm not sure if this is connected, but I only remember seeing this happen with episodes where an episode thumb was originally not available when added to emby's DB, regardless if it was available after the episode was replaced.
  3. Kodi is either opened while the episode was added to emby's DB, or kodi is off while the episode was added to emby's DB and then turned on after the episode was added to emby's DB, and E4KNG's incremental sync adds the original episode to Kodi's DB
    1. A note here is that in looking at logs for 2 shows where this has just happened, I can say for certain that in one instance, Kodi was open when the original episode was added to emby and then synced to kodi, and in another instance, kodi was NOT open (my N2 was off at the time), but was turned on and opened after the initial episode was added to Kodi.
    2. In either case, the original episode was DEFINITELY added to Kodi via E4KNG incremental sync prior to the episode being replaced on the filesystem
  4. At some point after the episode was added to kodi via E4KNG (in this case, it was about 17 hours later), the episode is replaced on the filesystem
  5. Emby server detects the new file, and removes the old episode file from its DB (since it is no longer on disk), and adds the new episode file to its DB
    1. However (and this is where I think the issue is coming up) the filename of the new episode is slightly different than the original episode file. For example, the old episode in my example from today was "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-PlayWEB.mkv", for which emby server generated an nfo file named "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-PlayWEB.nfo". However, when the episode file was replaced, the old file was deleted, and the new episode file was called "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.mkv" and placed in the same season folder where the old episode file was located. Emby detected the change and generated an nfo file called "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.nfo". What I noticed however is that the old nfo was not deleted on disk by my download program, and it is still sitting in the season folder. So now I have an episode file called "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.mkv", and nfo file named "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.nfo", and ANOTHER nfo (associated with the old, now deleted episode file) named "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-PlayWEB.nfo"
  6. Emby seemingly ignores this extra nfo, however it appears that somehow E4KNG does not, because for every show that this happens, and for every episode that I can remember this happening with over the last few weeks, I'm seeing duplicate nfo files with slightly different names, like the example above, on my file system. For all of those episodes, emby server only lists one episode, but every one of those episodes was listed as a duplicate in kodi by E4kNG. 
  7. Like I mentioned, if I leave my file system and emby server alone (i.e. leaving the duplicate nfos) and just repair the kodi library using E4KNG, the duplicates episode listings in kodi go away, even though the duplicate nfo files are still present on the system.

Attached is a log from emby from that day (you can search for the filenames to see the relevant bits in the log, since I don't want to exclude anything in case it is important):embyserver-63774172801.txt

And here is a link to kodi where I tried to play the broken episodes, and then ultimately played the episode that worked:

kodi.log

Hopefully there is something in here that would help you identify a test case to duplicate this issue. 

• Thanks 1

quickmic
3 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

@quickmic I too am having the problem that @Onana is experiencing regarding duplicate TV Show episodes showing up where only one of the episodes listed actually plays. I have been having it for quite some time (sorry, I don't know what version this started happening). I was searching through this forum for similar situations and came across the back and forth you were having with Onana, and wanted to add my 2 cents. Some background, I am running emby server on a Windows 10 Pro machine, and the duplicates are happening on an Odroid N2 running CoreELEC using E4KNG version 6.1.4 (I just realized that for some reason kodi was not auto updating my addon to latest version, however I have since updated to 6.1.9). I don't really use E4KNG on my other boxes, since the sync takes too long (since I don't turn them on all that often, so a lot of updates are needed each time I turn it on). 

I have had this happen multiple times, and usually I need to repair my library to get the duplicates to go away (while doing nothing else either to the episode file, nfos, etc. on disk, or to the series/episode on my emby server). I just had this happen to me to 2 more shows in the last day, Young Sheldon & Tacoma FD, and I may have discovered something. 

I've never seen this phenomenon happen live, but in piecing through the logs and timestamps, here is an overview of what happens:

1. An episode is added to either a multi-season or single season TV Show (I've seen this happen to both) folder. 
  2. Emby detects the change through real time monitoring and adds it to the database and creates the nfo file and if available will download the episode thumb. Both the NFO and thumb will be named after the episode file
    1. As an aside on this step, I'm not sure if this is connected, but I only remember seeing this happen with episodes where an episode thumb was originally not available when added to emby's DB, regardless if it was available after the episode was replaced.
  3. Kodi is either opened while the episode was added to emby's DB, or kodi is off while the episode was added to emby's DB and then turned on after the episode was added to emby's DB, and E4KNG's incremental sync adds the original episode to Kodi's DB
    1. A note here is that in looking at logs for 2 shows where this has just happened, I can say for certain that in one instance, Kodi was open when the original episode was added to emby and then synced to kodi, and in another instance, kodi was NOT open (my N2 was off at the time), but was turned on and opened after the initial episode was added to Kodi.
    2. In either case, the original episode was DEFINITELY added to Kodi via E4KNG incremental sync prior to the episode being replaced on the filesystem
  4. At some point after the episode was added to kodi via E4KNG (in this case, it was about 17 hours later), the episode is replaced on the filesystem
  5. Emby server detects the new file, and removes the old episode file from its DB (since it is no longer on disk), and adds the new episode file to its DB
    1. However (and this is where I think the issue is coming up) the filename of the new episode is slightly different than the original episode file. For example, the old episode in my example from today was "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-PlayWEB.mkv", for which emby server generated an nfo file named "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-PlayWEB.nfo". However, when the episode file was replaced, the old file was deleted, and the new episode file was called "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.mkv" and placed in the same season folder where the old episode file was located. Emby detected the change and generated an nfo file called "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.nfo". What I noticed however is that the old nfo was not deleted on disk by my download program, and it is still sitting in the season folder. So now I have an episode file called "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.mkv", and nfo file named "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-NTb.nfo", and ANOTHER nfo (associated with the old, now deleted episode file) named "Young Sheldon S05E08 [WEBDL-1080p][EAC3 5.1][h264]-PlayWEB.nfo"
  6. Emby seemingly ignores this extra nfo, however it appears that somehow E4KNG does not, because for every show that this happens, and for every episode that I can remember this happening with over the last few weeks, I'm seeing duplicate nfo files with slightly different names, like the example above, on my file system. For all of those episodes, emby server only lists one episode, but every one of those episodes was listed as a duplicate in kodi by E4kNG. 
  7. Like I mentioned, if I leave my file system and emby server alone (i.e. leaving the duplicate nfos) and just repair the kodi library using E4KNG, the duplicates episode listings in kodi go away, even though the duplicate nfo files are still present on the system.

Attached is a log from emby from that day (you can search for the filenames to see the relevant bits in the log, since I don't want to exclude anything in case it is important):embyserver-63774172801.txt

And here is a link to kodi where I tried to play the broken episodes, and then ultimately played the episode that worked:

kodi.log 523.06 kB · 0 downloads

Hopefully there is something in here that would help you identify a test case to duplicate this issue. 

Thanks a lot, I know this explanation took quite a while. Much appreciated 🙂

I think I can work with it. I will exactly follow your steps and see what's happening.

Emby seemingly ignores this extra nfo,

Really? I think I had a quite similar case and Emby server didn't ignore orphaned nfos which results in not playable content.

I think In my case it was a movie, not an episode. And it was located in a separate folder. Anyway, I'll test that too but if Emby server has invalid content, it's just natural that next-gen has also this issue.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

@feerlessleadr

Currently not able to reproduce the issue, I continue testing BUT:

Based on your log there are THREE versions involved not just two:

Young_Sheldon_S05E08__WEBDL_1080p__EAC3_5.1__h264__PlayWEB.mkv

Young_Sheldon_S05E08__WEBDL_1080p__EAC3_5.1__h264__NTb.mkv

Young_Sheldon_S05E08__WEBDL_1080p__EAC3_5.1__x264__CAKES.mkv

I assume you have multiepisode in use?

Before mode:

after mod:

Is this correct?

Also you have plugin.video.embycon installed.

Is embycon showing correct info?

Can you disable it for test run?

Edited by quickmic

feerlessleadr
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

@feerlessleadr

Currently not able to reproduce the issue, I continue testing BUT:

Based on your log there are THREE versions involved not just two:

I assume you have multiepisode in use?

Before mode:

after mod:

Is this correct?

Also you have plugin.video.embycon installed.

Is embycon showing correct info?

Can you disable it for test run?

@quickmic Thanks for looking into this. For the Young Sheldon issue, there were actually 2 duplicates listed (but only 1 orphaned nfo). So the original file was CAKES, that was replaced by PlayWeb, then that was replaced by NTb, however only the Playweb nfo remained. This same issue happened with Tacoma FD (which was only replaced once). 

I do have embycon installed (this way when my kids watch their content, they watch using their account vs my account, since I'm OCD). My kids are watching TV at the moment on my main TV, so as soon as they are off, I will disable embycon and try to reproduce this issue using that same Young Sheldon episode. 

• Like 1

SwanStream

Still having sync issues with 6.1.9. Have to delete DB and start over often. Seems to loose it's mind when processing updates. I'll PM the log from this AM's rebuild, which results in "processing updates:Emby - 0%" sitting at the top forever after it's finished adding the libraries.

Edit: In case it's helpful, I'm seeing this problem on a PC and the same issue on a Shield tv Pro. Both seem to stop updating. I've sent PM with logs from PC, shield is also possible if needed, LMK.

Edited by SwanStream
  • Like 1

quickmic
12 hours ago, SwanStream said:

Still having sync issues with 6.1.9. Have to delete DB and start over often. Seems to loose it's mind when processing updates. I'll PM the log from this AM's rebuild, which results in "processing updates:Emby - 0%" sitting at the top forever after it's finished adding the libraries.

Edit: In case it's helpful, I'm seeing this problem on a PC and the same issue on a Shield tv Pro. Both seem to stop updating. I've sent PM with logs from PC, shield is also possible if needed, LMK.

Can you please test with latest experimental version. I assume this could be fixed there.

No need to refresh the database.

quickmic
16 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

@quickmic Thanks for looking into this. For the Young Sheldon issue, there were actually 2 duplicates listed (but only 1 orphaned nfo). So the original file was CAKES, that was replaced by PlayWeb, then that was replaced by NTb, however only the Playweb nfo remained. This same issue happened with Tacoma FD (which was only replaced once). 

I do have embycon installed (this way when my kids watch their content, they watch using their account vs my account, since I'm OCD). My kids are watching TV at the moment on my main TV, so as soon as they are off, I will disable embycon and try to reproduce this issue using that same Young Sheldon episode. 

Still testing, but I found a problem with embycon and next-gen running simultaneous. Seems there is a websocket communication conflict, still this shouldn't cause sync issues. Probably realtime updates not working in such a case.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
40 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Still testing, but I found a problem with embycon and next-gen running simultaneous. Seems there is a websocket communication conflict, still this shouldn't cause sync issues. Probably realtime updates not working in such a case.

Next time please also upload kodi.old.log I assume the issue happened in the previous Kodi session.

quickmic
On 11/29/2021 at 2:58 AM, LichenKing said:

Bug 3

Playback of ISO files the addon still does not pass metadata to the player.

• Logos are still missing for currently playing title when the player is active
  • Information about the playing title is still missing when the player is active.

(both issues deviate from previous functionality)

I've checked that with stock skin. Looks fine to me, can you send me a screenshot please.

quickmic

New experimental version available 6.2.0 build 190 (ex22):

delta changelog:

fix delete item via context menu
fix multivideo selection cancel option
improve multiselection 3D-content loading time
fix limitindex
fix invalid timestamps

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 11/27/2021 at 4:55 AM, djhifi said:

@quickmic You couldn't find the issue with dashboard commands on the server being gone could you? Still happening with latest plugin + Emby server version .18 beta

I don't know also what could be the case since I posted it on the server thread and they recommended it could be related to the plugin

Are you playing iso's?

quickmic
On 11/27/2021 at 4:55 AM, djhifi said:

@quickmic You couldn't find the issue with dashboard commands on the server being gone could you? Still happening with latest plugin + Emby server version .18 beta

I don't know also what could be the case since I posted it on the server thread and they recommended it could be related to the plugin

I think I know what's. Are you sing the same device ID on multiple Kodi's?

Try following: generate a new device id. Kodi will restart, now (even if you are connected) reconnect again to the same Emby server same user same password. You can skip lib sync, database will stay consistent.