VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

STR8

Ok I'm back up and running... I just uninstalled the old 9.4 stable version and installed the new 9.6 stable version of the plugin and everything is working fine with the 4.6 stable sever update.

The only bad thing was that I had to manually redo all of my channels.

katiekat641

Loving this plug-in! I have been using it for about a month but just started having trouble with it last night. The guide was populated with programs but anything I clicked on would just play a black screen with no sound. I attempted to refresh the guide, thinking that would help but now there are no listings at all. And typically when I refresh the guide it takes about 15 minutes or so but since last night it only takes about 20 seconds. I tried disabling and then re-enabling my channels but that didn't work. And now I have no option to select folders for my library for the channels. Not sure what happened but any advice would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20210523-100302_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210523-100709_Chrome.jpg

PuffyToesToo
52 minutes ago, katiekat641 said:

Loving this plug-in! I have been using it for about a month but just started having trouble with it last night. The guide was populated with programs but anything I clicked on would just play a black screen with no sound. I attempted to refresh the guide, thinking that would help but now there are no listings at all. And typically when I refresh the guide it takes about 15 minutes or so but since last night it only takes about 20 seconds. I tried disabling and then re-enabling my channels but that didn't work. And now I have no option to select folders for my library for the channels. Not sure what happened but any advice would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20210523-100302_Emby.jpg

Screenshot_20210523-100709_Chrome.jpg

Sometimes after an update I have to generate a new API key. Maybe that is something to check?

pünktchen

@katiekat641

On 5/21/2021 at 12:49 AM, pünktchen said:

Oh when you were on Emby stable before, you now have to use the plugin version that was meant for beta releases. So just replace the dll with the correct one from the start post.

badwhip

anyreason why all the sudden after a few month of my own custom channels would stop working? says unable to connect to channel at this time. they still update with differnt shows everyday just wont tune to them.

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, badwhip said:

they still update with differnt shows everyday just wont tune to them

Which playback mode, "Playlist" or "Continous"?

badwhip

continous live i should say i did a channel refresh. its funny the channels still show on my shield tv guide but now after the second refresh the channels show all stay same on shield tv my server is on a pc and they dont show up on that guide i assume i might have to start over? it sucks its worked almo0st perfect for a few months.

pünktchen

@badwhip

On 5/21/2021 at 12:49 AM, pünktchen said:

Oh when you were on Emby stable before, you now have to use the plugin version that was meant for beta releases. So just replace the dll with the correct one from the start post.

badwhip

i remebre doing that a few months ago when i updated to the latest so i could use the new feature that made it easier to show just certain shows. since then i dont know which version i have or what the .dll file was i didnt see the file on the front page but the whole package.

miyamoto

I downloaded the new version after the emby update and the channel populates and looks good but when I try and play anything I just get a blank screen with like a minute of runtime.  I tried giving it a new API key and that didnt seem to help.  Anyone else running into this problem?

So I did some testing and playback method "Playlist" isnt working correctly but If I change it to single playback archive it works.  Not sure whats going on. 

Edited by miyamoto

miyamoto

No I don't have it open in multiple tabs but I did notice after I posted that it only happens in chrome.  If I use the appletv the channel works fine, same thing with edge browser.  

pünktchen
2 hours ago, miyamoto said:

No I don't have it open in multiple tabs but I did notice after I posted that it only happens in chrome.  If I use the appletv the channel works fine, same thing with edge browser.  

That means Emby does report either the wrong or no device at all for its playback session. I would clear the browser cache.

pünktchen
On 6/2/2021 at 5:53 PM, crusher11 said:

I'm having the same issue on the Android mobile app.

Do you have the Android TV app also installed on the same device?

pünktchen

All i can say it's still working for me in the mobile app. Some things you can try: logout the user, if doesn't help then remove the device from device manager in Emby.

crusher11

I tried it again and it worked, I think I had the same user logged in on my LG TV at the time it failed.

Not sure why it can't work if you're logged in to more than one device/tab?

pünktchen

Multiple logins with the same user on different devices shouldn't be a problem and is working fine for me. Multiple tabs in a browser is a different story because it's always the same device and i can only send videos to a device, not a tab instance.

hstamas
On 5/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, miyamoto said:

I downloaded the new version after the emby update and the channel populates and looks good but when I try and play anything I just get a blank screen with like a minute of runtime.  I tried giving it a new API key and that didnt seem to help.  Anyone else running into this problem?

So I did some testing and playback method "Playlist" isnt working correctly but If I change it to single playback archive it works.  Not sure whats going on. 

Same just happened to me. Black screen on playback. Usually crashes Emby on my Sony Android TV. I’ve changed nothing.

pünktchen
9 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Same just happened to me. Black screen on playback. Usually crashes Emby on my Sony Android TV. I’ve changed nothing.

I don't think it's the same problem that you've quoted, it's probably this one: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/97640-android-tv-beta-2010/&do=findComment&comment=1032033

A crash with the playlist queue which is also used by the plugin.

Edited by pünktchen

redlozenge

Hey there,

This is a very cool idea. I've just started playing with this plugin. I have a couple of channels set on playlist mode which works fine on both the web client and Nvidia Shield. However when I try to use the m3u playlist it just seems to hang. I'm trying in to play it in VLC.

The videolist file it mentions in the log snippet below was created, but as far as I can tell it never starts actually transcoding anything. (full log attached too)

2021-06-10 10:39:50.941 Info VirtualTV Plugin: FFmpegConcatDemuxer > VideoList: /var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp/VirtualTV1_20210610103950.txt, DemuxedFile: /var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp/VirtualTV1_20210610103950.ts, StartOffset: 18 minutes

Thanks!!

embyserver.txt

Edited by redlozenge