VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
5 minutes ago, F1nchy said:

Thanks. Doesn't seem to restrict to only those, it's still picking up all the shows in the folder I've pointed to. In theory, if I only put one show in that rule, should it only ever show that show? 

Make sure to not have other rules active like release date.

pünktchen
3 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I did that and the problem persists.  I even restarted the NAS and it didn't help.  I went back to 9.6 and everything is OK.

Vic

Strange! l'll take a look.

pünktchen

@F1nchy There's a obviously an error in the channel rules evaluation. But if you also disable "All channel rules have to be TRUE", it should work for you.

• Thanks 1

crusher11

Four of my channels have no program data available. Clicking on it nets me an infinite loading screen, which I guess is not wholly unexpected. 

I still haven't updated to the version that will wipe the logos though. 

F1nchy
20 hours ago, pünktchen said:

@F1nchy There's a obviously an error in the channel rules evaluation. But if you also disable "All channel rules have to be TRUE", it should work for you.

Yes, think that's fixed it! Looking good! Thanks! 

Are there any plans to enable you to use a (smart) playlist to create a channel? That would be really useful! 

pünktchen
13 minutes ago, F1nchy said:

Are there any plans to enable you to use a (smart) playlist to create a channel?

Only if smart playlists will ever be part of Emby core functionality and depending on the playlist possibilities. The smart playlist plugin is dead imho.

VicMoore

I tested the plugin that you posted and it doesn't work any better than the latest plugin.

Vic

pünktchen
38 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I tested the plugin that you posted and it doesn't work any better than the latest plugin.

Vic

Oh man 😔 Time for a private investigation again! Enable the plugin logging and send me the log file after a failed playback attempt.

F1nchy
14 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Only if smart playlists will ever be part of Emby core functionality and depending on the playlist possibilities. The smart playlist plugin is dead imho.

They have said it's planned (but have been for a long time!) so hopefully that will happen eventually!

With the VirtualTV channel logos, what dimensions and formats are best? I can't seem to get mine to display the channel logos, I've tried jpeg and png

VicMoore

Punktchen, thanks for looking at the attached log for me. I clicked on a Perry Mason episode and the display didn't get past displaying the background art. It does not seem able to load the picture. It does this on all channels. The screen stays black and there is no audio. The 9.6 plugin works fine.

Vic

embyserver.txt

pünktchen

@VicMoore thanks for the log, but can you please generate a new one with the test version i've posted earlier.

Btw. not related to the plugin, but you should either disable the real time library scanners or google how to change the inotify limit of your server os.

VicMoore

I will do it right away. 

On another thought, if I want a logo image to occupy the logo box that you provide then how many pixels wide and high should it be?

Vic

pünktchen

What logo box, the channel logo preview in the plugin config? If so, the dimensions should not matter. The image should be scaled to fit.

VicMoore

Punktchen, I downloaded the test file again and copied it to the Emby plugin folder, and reset the the server. Unlike before, now everything works OK. The only difference is that I installed channel logos. I did notice that some channels did not auto play when I clicked them. I had to click the play icon to get them to start playing. I attached the log below.

Vic

embyserver.txt

VicMoore

I am not referring to the plugin config screen. I was speaking about the TV guide. On the left side are the icons for each channel. If these are scaled to fit then they are too small. I would like my icons fill the area provider for them by the TV Guide. I was just asking how many pixels wide and high would fill the area.

Vic

pünktchen
15 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I downloaded the test file again and copied it to the Emby plugin folder, and reset the the server. Unlike before, now everything works OK.

Great! For the autoplay thing i don't know. Could be a browser issue, nothing i can control. Or to be precise, i already send a "PlayNow" command to the app.

15 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I am not referring to the plugin config screen. I was speaking about the TV guide. On the left side are the icons for each channel. If these are scaled to fit then they are too small. I would like my icons fill the area provider for them by the TV Guide. I was just asking how many pixels wide and high would fill the area.

Not my area. This is the Emby interface. The plugin only serves the images to Emby, but Emby decides what to do with them. I would say the bigger, the better 😁

Svennie

Sometimes the EPG is there and sometimes gone and only a 60-second black video is played.
I can't attach the log file right now, I'm not on the server at the moment.

Will there be a way to add individual movies? Some kind of playlist that I can put together daily or weekly?

pünktchen
3 minutes ago, Svennie said:

only a 60-second black video is played.

Will release a new version later today that fixes this issue.

4 minutes ago, Svennie said:

Will there be a way to add individual movies?

There already is "Always include these..."

5 minutes ago, Svennie said:

Some kind of playlist that I can put together daily or weekly?

See my answer some posts earlier.

F1nchy

Strangely, I can't get mine to display any channel logos. Are they better in a specific folder (is specific to the virtual TV add-on) or can they be anywhere on the computer?

Really like it other than that, I really like that you can still "live pause" it and it continues when you in pause, very useful when trying to remind our 4 year olds to keep eating her dinner!

pünktchen
1 hour ago, F1nchy said:

Strangely, I can't get mine to display any channel logos. Are they better in a specific folder (is specific to the virtual TV add-on) or can they be anywhere on the computer?

Any folder that can be accessed by the Emby server software should be valid. Of course you can attach or send me the log file to look for any error.

pünktchen

New version 0.9.8.1 in the starting post:

• Fixed "Black Screen" in playlist playback mode