VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

VicMoore

Punktchen, thank you for your reply and for the fine work that you are doing. My comments here are not criticism. I am just proposing an idea. I defer to your wisdom.

In the TV guide there would be two time frames during each day; one is called the "prime time" and the other is the "off prime time."  You would use your current algorithm for building the guide for both time frames 

The prime time (across all channels) in your TV guide would be populated from movies and tv shows from your library according to the channel definitions. If you watch TV during the prime time you will eventually have an opportunity to see everything in your library because the shows all play during this time period. In other words, your favorite shows will always appear in the guide during a time that you watch TV. In the current design the programs for a channel are spread across an entire 24 hour day, which causes much of your content to play at unfavorable times, and you miss the diversity of your content.

The off prime time portion of the TV guide would be populated again from your library using the same algorithm that you use today, except that the algorithm starts fresh and independent from the populating of the guide for prime time. Prime and off prime time in the TV guide would be independent of each other, even though they are consolidated into one guide. This would be like each time frame having its own "Live TV" refresh, one done after the other.

I understand that by doing this some shows will statistically appear in both time periods. This should not be a problem because by definition one time frame is favored over the other. 

Please forgive my limited ability to explain algorithms.

I appreciate your patience, Vic

crusher11

Part watched episodes still seem to appear on the Shield's "Play Next" menu on the Shield home screen, even though they don't appear on Emby's own Continue Watching. 

pünktchen
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Part watched episodes still seem to appear on the Shield's "Play Next" menu on the Shield home screen, even though they don't appear on Emby's own Continue Watching. 

Not my business!

crusher11

Also, I can't access chapters during playback. There's no button for them on the OSD, and pressing the up arrow just brings up the OSD instead of the chapter list. 

pünktchen
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

It only affects the VTV plugin, so...yeah, kinda is.

No it is not. Everything related to the app ui is out of my control. I only tell the app what to play next. What happens then within the app is not my problem.

badwhip

so  my virtual tv channels stopped working. they show up in guide and switch shows every hour but when i click on them it trys to play but comes back unable to tune to this channel at this time. i posted a log

i replaced the .dll file restarted server and finally redid everything still wont tune

embyserver.txt

pünktchen

New version 0.9.8 in the starting post:

Channels:

• Added audio and subtitle channel rule
  • Added more controls to bumpers
  • Changed "Include/Exclude these named movies or tv shows" to always, independent of "All channel rules have to be true"
  • Changed handling of channel logos from file path to url path for better exchange of images
    Unfortunately this will delete your local channel images with the very first guide refresh, so make a backup of you logos

Playback:

• Removed "Single" Playback options, because they won't work in future Emby server versions
  • Fixed some rare exceptions in Continous Playback mode
  • Changed handling of "Remove shows from Continue Watching" so it hides only shows if they weren't present before playback
  • Changed handling of "Set Watched after..." for Continous Playback with Emby apps to use the logged in user by default to keep in line with Playlist Playback mode
  • Thanks 1

badwhip

punktchen that did fix the problem thanks love this plug in! i use it more then anything else on emby or plex.

• Like 1

pünktchen
1 hour ago, F1nchy said:

Hi guys, does this plugin work on the beta versions? I'm currently on 4.7.0.3. Thanks

Yes, the version for Emby 4.6.x

• Thanks 1

hstamas

Is it possible to get to an older versions somewhere? I just upgraded to 0.9.8 and now all I get is a black screen when starting playback. Don’t have time to troubleshoot atm so was hoping to just reinstall the previous version to get back up and running.

Edited by hstamas

LakersFan
14 hours ago, hstamas said:

Is it possible to get to an older versions somewhere? I just upgraded to 0.9.8 and now all I get is a black screen when starting playback. Don’t have time to troubleshoot atm so was hoping to just reinstall the previous version to get back up and running.

https://emby.media/community/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=89578

F1nchy
On 6/25/2021 at 11:50 AM, pünktchen said:

Yes, the version for Emby 4.6.x

Thanks. Just trying to set it up. I mainly want it for my 4 year old (I tried DizqueTV but couldn't get it working reliably enough) but this looks great. 

So is there a way to create a channel with just specific TV shows? Or can you create one based on a playlist? 

For example, if I one a channel for her with just Bing, Hey Duggee, Peppa Pig and Mr Men on loop, how would I do that? 

Thanks!

pünktchen
4 minutes ago, F1nchy said:

So is there a way to create a channel with just specific TV shows?

There's an input field "Always include these named..." under the channel rules where you can enter the show names. That's the simpliest way. More advanced is the use of Tags if you want specific seasons of show or if you want to exclude specials.

F1nchy

Ah, OK. So if I put Bing|Hey Duggee|Peppa Pig|Mr Men in the "Always include these named movies or tv shows" rule should that only include those shows? 

VicMoore

I just downloaded the latest plugin for my version of emby (4.6.3.0) and restarted the emby server. Now when I select a TV show from the guide I get a dark screen. Another odd thing is that every show I select is just 60 seconds long. HELP!!!!

Vic

pünktchen

Playlist playback mode? Nothing changed between the versions. But others reported similar. Maybe it's some kind of a bug in the server regarding user sessions. What you can try: logout of the app, restart the server, login again in the app.

Edited by pünktchen

F1nchy
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Yes.

Thanks. Doesn't seem to restrict to only those, it's still picking up all the shows in the folder I've pointed to. In theory, if I only put one show in that rule, should it only ever show that show? 

VicMoore

I did that and the problem persists.  I even restarted the NAS and it didn't help.  I went back to 9.6 and everything is OK.

Vic