VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

adrianlive
14 hours ago, adrianlive said:

Hey there,

I need some help here. First here is what I have:

Emby 4.8.0.75 is running on a NAS Synology DS718+ (OS 7.2) (with HW acceleration), the VAAPI driver is enabled and I can see hardware acceleration working with Emby. I have an HD HomeRunFlex4K configured for OTA local channels and I'm using the VirtualTV plugin with the latest version.

My media and live tv from the HDHomeRun Live TV play smoothly both locally and remotely, the problem I'm having is with the VirtualTV channels when using the Playlist Live (or Archive Live) mode option, which it smoothly on my AppleTVs, iOS and Web portal, but not on my Roku, either when using it locally or remotely. If I switch to Continuous Live Playlist it works on the Roku.

Any idea why this is happening? the local test of using direct stream is attached, but this is the same behavior I see when I use a Roku from a remote location.

Thanks.

ffmpeg-directstream-7e0087c9-12ea-4324-853a-77b139bd6d96_1.txt 16.92 kB · 1 download

6 hours ago, pünktchen said:

@adrianlive @Zander3768

Both Playlist playback modes do only work in a LAN environment for Rokus. It's a limitation of the Roku devices, not the Emby app or plugin!

Thank you.

• Like 1

Zander3768

Hello everyone,

I made some channel art for my own use but I figured I would share it here in case anyone else wants to use them or get an idea from them. I only use 3 of them now (ludicrous,anime&movies) but here are all of the ones I made.

*The Ludicrous one I use for a channel I setup like OG MTV where it plays random stuff like you would see on MTV, Comedy Central & Adult Swim. I set it up to play a music video between shows. Folks seem to like the idea of music videos between the shows in place of commercials. 🎵

eAnime_A.png.add2827a970ee77889b946f12b05cc9c.pngeMovies_A.png.4fa2156153e1e5eb3abc7c81e769da9e.pngeLudicrous_A.png.29cc36cef6f44cbb1633dc4ecb4c0a64.pngeKids_A.png.6f1d267ee8e5c210046982dee3af07bd.pngeSeries_A.png.7d4d527268335a250185ecf9aecb8044.pngeTV_A.png.0cb12616b55748e6b3516cd014fefea3.png

Dibbes
8 hours ago, Zander3768 said:

Hello everyone,

I made some channel art for my own use but I figured I would share it here in case anyone else wants to use them or get an idea from them. I only use 3 of them now (ludicrous,anime&movies) but here are all of the ones I made.

*The Ludicrous one I use for a channel I setup like OG MTV where it plays random stuff like you would see on MTV, Comedy Central & Adult Swim. I set it up to play a music video between shows. Folks seem to like the idea of music videos between the shows in place of commercials. 🎵

eAnime_A.png.add2827a970ee77889b946f12b05cc9c.pngeMovies_A.png.4fa2156153e1e5eb3abc7c81e769da9e.pngeLudicrous_A.png.29cc36cef6f44cbb1633dc4ecb4c0a64.pngeKids_A.png.6f1d267ee8e5c210046982dee3af07bd.pngeSeries_A.png.7d4d527268335a250185ecf9aecb8044.pngeTV_A.png.0cb12616b55748e6b3516cd014fefea3.png

I'd suggest to put these in this thread: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/70-fan-art-videos/

• Like 1

JuJuJurassic

Luke suggested I remove about every plugin and try the refresh again, and it worked 🙂

I'm now putting them back, one by one, then refreshing and looking for the culprit.

But I want to use the latest VirtualTV plugin. In running Emby 4.7.14.0 on Ubuntu 20.04, which plugin would be best to use, and where is it?

Thanks, I'll report back my findings 🙂

JuJu

Dibbes
4 minutes ago, JuJuJurassic said:

Luke suggested I remove about every plugin and try the refresh again, and it worked 🙂

I'm now putting them back, one by one, then refreshing and looking for the culprit.

Do you have the auto-version-grouping plugin installed? It's been causing some database issues for me in the past...

JuJuJurassic

No the only "auto" is just auto box set. 

Having said that I just added the Tune in plugin, and it's at 66.7%, presumably bringing down the channels, from the internet. I'll leave it till it's finished and see it it's the culprit

juju

JuJuJurassic

It just took a little time but all the plugins are working, I haven't added virtual TV though. I'm just making sure I load the correct and up-to-date version.

JuJuJurassic

I haven't got vitualTV in my catalogue. Oh I am so having fun 🙂

Running Version    4.7.14.0 on Ubuntu 20.04

adrianlive

I’m loving the VIrtualTV, however since I upgraded emby to 4.8.0.77 and VirtualTV 2.0.2.0 I’m having trouble with the Playlist Live or Playlist Archive modes it won’t advance to the next movie, also tried with the Native option.

I see this on tvOS and iOS, any ideas what could be wrong? Or anyone else having this issue with their ATV?

Thanks

Edited by adrianlive

adrianlive
1 hour ago, adrianlive said:

I’m loving the VIrtualTV, however since I upgraded emby to 4.8.0.77 and VirtualTV 2.0.2.0 I’m having trouble with the Playlist Live or Playlist Archive modes it won’t advance to the next movie, also tried with the Native option.

I see this on tvOS and iOS, any ideas what could be wrong? Or anyone else having this issue with their ATV?

Thanks

I think I may have found a workaround for the issue, the Delay playlist remote command (ms) for the intro video was set to 0, I’ve changed that to 2000ms and restarted and now it is behaving better.

adrianlive

I think I may have found a workaround for the issue, the Delay playlist remote command (ms) for the intro video was set to 0, I’ve changed that to 2000ms and restarted and now it is behaving better.

I take that back the issue is back after a while. Already tried reinstalling the plugin and rebooting.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, adrianlive said:

I see this on tvOS and iOS, any ideas what could be wrong? Or anyone else having this issue with their ATV.

Does it still auto advance to the next show in a browser?

adrianlive
50 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Does it still auto advance to the next show in a browser?

No it doesn’t, it behaves the same way in my iPhone, ATV and browser,, I just noticed it is doing this for the movies only, the tv shows are advancing.

pünktchen
6 hours ago, adrianlive said:

No it doesn’t, it behaves the same way in my iPhone, ATV and browser,, I just noticed it is doing this for the movies only, the tv shows are advancing.

I only did a quick test in a browser (don't own any Apple device) with Emby 4.8.0.80, and it works fine with movies and tv shows.
Maybe an other user can comment on this. For Apple maybe @hstamascan report his findings.

• Agree 1

Dibbes
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I only did a quick test in a browser (don't own any Apple device) with Emby 4.8.0.80, and it works fine with movies and tv shows.
Maybe an other user can comment on this. For Apple maybe @hstamascan report his findings.

it works for me on an older iPhone with latest iOS 16 and on a last gen iPad with latest iOS 17... don't have any issues at all...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

adrianlive
12 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Do you have the latest VirtualTV plugin?

pünktchen

Do you have the latest VirtualTV plugin?

Did you notice i'm the developer of the plugin? So yes.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

adrianlive
40 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Did you notice i'm the developer of the plugin? So yes.

Sorry, I didn’t. I’m new to emby and its plugins. Thanks for checking. 

Any ideas or suggestions on how to figure out the problem or troubleshoot it?

thanks

• Confused 1

Junglejim
7 hours ago, adrianlive said:

Sorry, I didn’t. I’m new to emby and its plugins. Thanks for checking. 

thanks

I'm using VirtualTV 1.1.4.2 on emby 4.8 and I have had no problems so far. I can skip ahead and it plays no problem (playlist archive).

I guess it's about what you want to achieve.. (live/transcode) / (archive/playlist).

Dibbes

Just FYI - I'm on the latest dev release. Emby 4.8.0.80 with vTV plugin 2.0.2.0 (dev)

@pünktchenStill not quite sure about the cache programdata... but at least the refresh is down to about 10min now and has been stable since you released this version, so I'm happy 🙂

Ninko

@pünktchenIs Native playback mode meant to work with Roku? I'm asking because when I tested it, it would play the first show fine but stop before going to the next.

If you need any info, just ask.

Thanks

PuffyToesToo

Just want to say thank you again for all the work on this plugin. Updated MB server yesterday and installed the plugin form the catalogue. So far everything is working well on my Roku, and the improvements are awesome. 

pünktchen
17 hours ago, adrianlive said:

Debug Logs?!

pünktchen
47 minutes ago, Ninko said:

@pünktchenIs Native playback mode meant to work with Roku? I'm asking because when I tested it, it would play the first show fine but stop before going to the next.

Please read the known issues in the start post of this thread.

• Thanks 1