VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
46 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Take a look at the first post of this thread, 1.1.4.2 is the version for the 4.8... server.

No. The latest version is in the plugin catalog.

Junglejim
27 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

No. The latest version is in the plugin catalog.

I'm still using 1.1.4.2. The ones in the catalog seem to be dev builds that don't auto update. Still I would think you would need 1.1.4.2 as a base for the 4.8 server?

So the catalog version is a manual (dev) update system for this plugin?

Edited by Junglejim

pünktchen
2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

I'm still using 1.1.4.2. The ones in the catalog seem to be dev builds that don't auto update. Still I would think you would need 1.1.4.2 as a base for the 4.8 server?

So the catalog version is a manual (dev) update system for this plugin?

The catalog version is "dev" because it's the only way to prevent auto updates. Disabling auto updates was necessary because the catalog versions are incompatible with any previous manual installed versions. I'll turn on automatic updates at some point, but not yet.

• Thanks 1

STR8

Got it thank you and Is the setup the same as the old versions? It deleted all of my channels so I have to start over so I created 1 and it didn't work so I was wondering what I might have done wrong?

pünktchen
50 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Is the setup the same as the old versions?

Not exactly the same, but nearly.

51 minutes ago, STR8 said:

It deleted all of my channels so I have to start over

That was to be expected.

53 minutes ago, STR8 said:

it didn't work so I was wondering what I might have done wrong?

How should i know 😉

STR8

Thanks for helping and being patient with me.... I can only work on this is when I'm camped out at the truck stops waiting on my reset drive again.

So, what version of the plugin should I try to be using and here are some screenshots showing what I did for the setup?

Shows the channels but won't populate anything to watch and also this guide data source mapping won't stay after I save if that matters.

image.thumb.png.a82c1b78c6ae618903427b887a3a50d5.png

image.png.e12c416179291419782e01ff3e932f23.pngVT1.png.95f33dd05f397d4d3154b1e93e740de6.pngVT2.png.85add3a4755d7fc71cf2a59445b6d4b7.pngVT3.png.e1470c0dcb76bd5d671ef295730476e0.pngVT4.png.6d81613af7d4edafab46c5c985047f49.pngVT5.png.460d3f25ebfd452c3fc23090a808cfb0.pngVT6.png.df99b02d8ef5941537b13eb572f212be.pngVT7.png.e5aad399baf9ae8336cc146b486189a6.pngVT8.png.392e8356635fc1833e37321792d1805a.png

VT8.png.392e8356635fc1833e37321792d1805a.png

image.png

embyserver.txt

pünktchen
16 hours ago, STR8 said:

So, what version of the plugin should I try to be using and here are some screenshots showing what I did for the setup?

Shows the channels but won't populate anything to watch and also this guide data source mapping won't stay after I save if that matters.

Without any condition, you won't get any result from the library. Because you have to start from scratch anyway, you should install the latest plugin version from the catalog.

STR8

And that was the screenshots I provided with the 1.1.4.2 version installed.

pünktchen
7 minutes ago, STR8 said:

I've installed 1.1.4.2 is this not the newest version? 

Screenshot_20240301_071347_Emby.jpg

Again: The latest version is in the plugin catalog. It will not auto update to the latest version, you have to manually install it from the catalog!

kjhedges

In emby Server dashboard, goto plugins. Then find VirtualTV plugin under Livetv plugin section.

virtualtv.png.fdecd2da2ee02d386d9b6a1fd0513282.png

Then install

• Thanks 1

STR8

I get it I'm slow but thanks for the screenshot I understand now.

STR8

Got it working so far but I did have a question I have created 3 channels and they work great then I created more for a total of 19 channels and when I refresh the guide it times out so only the original 3 show content is there a way to get around this or any suggestions as to what I should do?

Screenshot_20240301_173826_Gallery.jpg

Edited by STR8

pünktchen
13 hours ago, STR8 said:

I created more for a total of 19 channels and when I refresh the guide it times out

What do you mean with "it times out"? How long did you let run the guide refresh task?

STR8

I restarted the NAS and the Emby server and It's working.... but all I would do is create the channels hit yhe refresh button and wait for it to do it's thing and sometimes it would finish quickly and sometimes it would freeze or say stopping. 

But it's working now.

pünktchen
3 minutes ago, STR8 said:

But it's working now.

Fine. Let me know if it makes problems again.

warrentc3

Forgive me if this has been asked / covered before, but does anyone else have trouble getting this to work with multi-episode files?

pünktchen
1 hour ago, warrentc3 said:

Forgive me if this has been asked / covered before, but does anyone else have trouble getting this to work with multi-episode files?

What exactly is the problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Castle1212

I really am aprreciative of the work on this plugin, and am using it on the daily.   I was wondering if it would be possible to add fields that allow the channels to be active during certain dates.  I have channels for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. and would love for them to just turn on during their respective holiday months.   I would also love to make channels for my favorite actors, directors, etc. and possibly have them activate during their birthday month, etc. I am not looking to make extra work for you, but I think it would make for a really cool interactive television experience. I can turn them on manually (I do now), but....

Thanks for all you do to make this such a great plugin.  It is certainly appreciated  in my house.

gihayes

Great Plugin, but I can't get it to work properly for me. I am running the latest stable Emby version. I installed it from the catalog and created a test channel. The channel is movie based, no bumpers, Channel Content Source is Rules. Western genre, not exporting, not caching, Doing a Playlist Live Playback Method, No channel Primetime, Created a user with total access to all libraries for Emby User, Sorting by Premier Date Ascending, Not doing Premier and Repeat Labels. I can create the channel and the Preview looks fine. I save and refresh. But then when I try to play the channel, It starts playing all the theme music and theme backgrounds from all of the items in the channel before playing any of the Movies. I've tried telling it not to play any *.mp3, or theme.* as an Exclude rule, but it still does. I've attached the Logs. The Plugin's Debug was turned on but not Emby's. Do you need me to turn that on also?  Thanks for any assistance.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-directstream-d4cae1e7-eaeb-4d71-8738-839d342f1804_1.txt hardware_detection-63846397398.txt

crusher11

I'm on the .11 beta, and clicked onto a movie only to discover it's one of the movie's extras.

pünktchen
22 hours ago, gihayes said:

The Plugin's Debug was turned on but not Emby's. Do you need me to turn that on also?

Yes, please also enable Emby's debug logging. Not a solution, just a question: Does it work correctly if you disable theme songs and videos in the user settings of the app?

pünktchen
15 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I'm on the .11 beta, and clicked onto a movie only to discover it's one of the movie's extras.

Is it reproducible?

gihayes
57 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, please also enable Emby's debug logging. Not a solution, just a question: Does it work correctly if you disable theme songs and videos in the user settings of the app?

I turned off theme songs and video, and checked that they were not active when going to a movie or TV series, and also turned off cinema intros, but it still started playing backdrops, and theme songs when I attempted to play a channel video.

I turned on Emby's Debug for the testing. FYI there was a user streaming a movie while I did the testing. Looks like VTV was generating a different log file every minute or so, so attached several. in addition to the Emby logfile. Thanks again for looking into my issue.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-directstream-21dd41eb-9fee-4f55-b0d0-a56b4f485387_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-21ee6d5f-82e6-425a-b13b-00553e11b464_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-31a3276d-03c9-4cc9-9544-f0594836c7a4_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-a6723cc5-35ab-4cf6-9b13-e5139e7c1ce3_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-b4c54c5b-5239-4051-9978-8f28b9fabb84_1.txt

crusher11
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Is it reproducible?

This isn't the first time it's happened, but it hasn't happened very often.